PDA

View Full Version : With stephen jackson back, are the pacers a threat to the spurs or a threat at all?

spursno9fan
01-30-2005, 08:44 PM
indiana would be a powerful team right now if it werent for the infamous detroit brawl, but thanks to the ever dependable artest, the pacers will have to let uncle reggie retire without a championship.

I live in indianapolis and hear much criticism about the spurs. However, not nearly as much this year as in the past. Im sure owning the best record in the league has plenty to do with it. I have much fun trash talking about the demise of the pacers, because there are a few loyal pacer fans who never fail to remind me when the spurs lose. Those same fans seem to think now that stephen jackson is back and with ron artest possibly being able to return for the playoffs, they actually have a shot at winning it all. Not to mention winning on March 23 when the pacers host the best team in the league. I know the spurs have proven their dominance at home but i hope they do just as good on the road, especially when they come to Indy.

Can anyone match up the pacers and the spurs and give their prediction on mar 23?

exstatic
01-30-2005, 08:50 PM
Stephen Jackson is a talented role player, nothing more. I think that Indy is still in disarray. Jack and O'Neal had never done anything stupid before. They let O'Neal come back (by court action, not by the NBA), but Jack still had to serve out his full suspension. I think Ron Artest will have to, too, in spite of Indy fans wetdreams of having psycho man back for the playoffs. Indy will get bounced by either Miami or Detroit, whichever they run into first.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-30-2005, 08:56 PM
Indy won't get past Miami. Not a threat.

boutons
01-30-2005, 09:39 PM
Artest is out until next season?

or he's back for the 05 playoffs?

exstatic
01-30-2005, 09:48 PM
Why would they reward him by letting him back for the playoffs? The suspension said "season", not regular season. If the playoffs aren't part of the 2004-2005 season, then why is the ring won there?

BronxCowboy
01-30-2005, 09:55 PM
Arbitration did not find that he should be allowed back for the playoffs, and it would crazy to think that Stern would do that on his own. The only people who think he should be allowed back are Pacers homers. There's no way in hell that it happens.

Mr. Body
01-30-2005, 10:20 PM
Indianapolis is a great sports town - I have family there. I don't see the Pacers getting it together this year, that's why there was all that hullabaloo about Reggie retiring after this year, since it'd be next year that Artest is back. They have some depth, good coaching, and a couple great players. I'm not clear on how important Jax is to the team, though.

samikeyp
01-30-2005, 10:40 PM
No.

spursno9fan
01-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Arbitration did not find that he should be allowed back for the playoffs, and it would crazy to think that Stern would do that on his own. The only people who think he should be allowed back are Pacers homers. There's no way in hell that it happens.

You're right about the pacer fans and their crazy hopes and dreams. I think their fans get their news from sources unbeknownst to the rest of the world. Just like every pacer fan felt Artest did the noble thing by running into the stands. They are so delusional. yeah well, despite all the reports straight from the horse's mouth(stern), they believe Artest will be back for the playoffs. Once again, I'll have to wait til the end of the season to have my last laugh and utter those much anticipated words" I told you so."

pooh
01-30-2005, 10:48 PM
Are they a threat? Not right now no...they haven't had a consistant line up on the floor all season and will never be at 100% as long as Stern keeps Artest out. (Which I think he'll be back by the last five or ten games)

They are not a threat to win the Central, but right now it's too early to say if they're a contender for the East. But then again, who was thinking Detroit was going to win the East last year?

The rematch with the Spurs is about two months from now. So the Pacers have a lot of work to do in the second half of the season. But right now, they're not a threat. Come March or April...who knows? We'll see.

ducks
01-30-2005, 10:53 PM
the heat have cooled off quite a bit

things are not as nice in florida righ tnow for the heat

pacers could make a big trade
they are just starting to gel with the starts now
ofcourse they look bad compared to other elite teams right now
oneal and stephen jackson will be fresher for the playoffs
I would not pick them to the finals yet though but the pistons have not looked impressive either

and larry brown just said that new york knicks would be the "dream job"

that out to help him with the pistons HUH especially with wallace!

Dre_7
01-30-2005, 10:56 PM
Are they a threat? Not right now no...they haven't had a consistant line up on the floor all season and will never be at 100% as long as Stern keeps Artest out. (Which I think he'll be back by the last five or ten games)

Why would stern allow him to come back? Why should he? He has to face the consequences of his actions!