PDA

View Full Version : DraftExpress: Full Breakdown of Every Point Guard

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-13-2008, 02:25 PM
They really got detailed with this one:

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Just-by-the-Numbers--Evaluating-this-year-s-Point-Guard-Crop-2919/

picnroll
06-13-2008, 02:46 PM
On a comparitive basis Ty lawson would look like the best the Spurs could do at 26.

oligarchy
06-13-2008, 03:08 PM
He won't be there at 26. Chalmers is the best they might be able to do at 26.

Mr. Body
06-13-2008, 05:49 PM
I'd take Chalmers if I had to take a point guard.

George Hill I'd like to give an invite.

remingtonbo2001
06-13-2008, 06:19 PM
I think the Spurs will have plenty of options when 26 comes around.

Ty Lawson would definitely be a steal. However, it wouldn't surprise me. This is a pretty solid draft. There just isn't the big name headlining.

picnroll
06-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Mr Body seems to have an aversion to guys who can actually break down a defense an create their own shot and shots for others. He must not have watched the Spurs in the playoffs and seen where they needed help.

SPURSGOAT
06-13-2008, 07:42 PM
:td to getting a PG at #26. That can wait for the second round or look to a cheap option on FA.

SKINNYPIMP210
06-13-2008, 11:56 PM
CHALMERS! I think this kid is something special.

Blackjack
06-14-2008, 01:03 AM
The Spurs usually look to find the best "value pick", and not neccessarily the best player available for their need. So if Rush, Walker, or Batum is available (all viewed as potential lottery picks) you'd think their pick would be a no-brainer.

So naturally when somethings a no-brainer for the Spurs, that usually means your going to be wrong. The Spurs will zig when you thought they should zag, which has my gut telling me if Chalmers is on the board at 26, he'll be wearing the black and silver next year.

I think they view Chalmers as someone who could finally fill that void that Speedy left. He's got better size and upside than Speedy and also doesn't seem as injury prone. So if Chalmers can be similar to Speedy, or possibly better in the long run... Being able to solidify your back-up point at the 26 makes since.

Which means the second round they'll probably go for an athletic-wing with some upside. I know most people on this board wouldn't be too pleased with that, but I think free-agency/trade is where they get the wing and/or scorer that can contribute now.

angelbelow
06-14-2008, 03:19 AM
chalmers FTW!