PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Analyst David Thorpe burns the Spurs

Tacker
06-13-2008, 08:19 PM
When asked about weather Lakers were ready for the finals......

Let me tell you one thing, obviously the better team will win the finals and the better team is Boston no question about that. Now do you ask me are they ready? Well compared to the other western conference teams I think this Lakers team would have been Boston's toughest competition, the spurs wouldn't have done any better in my opinion because they aren't just that good anymore like they used to be they lack the athletcism needed to compete against Boston so yes I think Lakers are ready but they aren't showing that.

SA Pride
06-13-2008, 08:23 PM

ChumpDumper
06-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Where is the part where he burns the Spurs?

greenroom
06-13-2008, 08:29 PM

good post.

The way the Celtics are playing and the way the Spurs were playing. IT would of been the Celtics winning.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-13-2008, 08:33 PM

What he said.

Big P
06-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Who's David Thorpe?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Who's David Thorpe?

I believe he's a disgruntled light-skinned latino who missed out on the part of the guy who buys the goldfish shoes in The 40-Year-Old Virgin, and now does security for Kyle Cease.

djohn14
06-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Well...hes probably right.

tmtcsc
06-13-2008, 10:33 PM

the spurs wouldn't have done any better in my opinion because they aren't just that good anymore like they used to be they lack the athletcism needed to compete against Boston

That's where. WTF ? If Manu's healthy, we win that series with the Lakers easily. As for competing w/Boston, we are a better defensive team than the Lakers. It would have been a challenging series and I'm not sure we had the team to beat Boston but the Lakers ? Yeah, they don't scare me now and they won't in the future. They suck.

We had nothing left after the Hornets series and Manu wasn't Manu for weeks.

Beast
06-14-2008, 01:56 AM

this is a classic douche post all the way from "title," to quote, to pics! why are you here??

lefty
06-14-2008, 02:10 AM
He didn't need to burn the Bulls though

They suck ass...

tav1
06-14-2008, 05:33 AM
Thorpe's a good guy and is always complimentary toward Duncan, Parker, Ginobli and Pop, along with the front office. He recently said Buford was the league's Best GM, with Joe Dumars, and that the Spurs were one good FA signing or D-League find away from being in the title mix again. This is far from a burn.

Dglue
06-14-2008, 06:07 AM
Maybe I'm a bit pessimistic, but I really feel that this was the last year before we have to rebuild fully that we really could win it all....Maybe trading Ginobili for draft picks or am I going to far in such a statement?

mrspurs
06-14-2008, 07:58 AM
Thorpe's a good guy and is always complimentary toward Duncan, Parker, Ginobli and Pop, along with the front office. He recently said Buford was the league's Best GM, with Joe Dumars, and that the Spurs were one good FA signing or D-League find away from being in the title mix again. This is far from a burn.

i think maybe cos you werent looking for a negative in what was written...thats how i read it as well.....agreed:flag:

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-14-2008, 08:43 AM
We need a link, too.

Dave McNulla
06-14-2008, 09:47 AM
i think spurs fans, more than any of any other team, can take the truth even when it is not pleasant. that said, i think the spurs were capable of beating the lakers if they'd had a little more recovery time (points back to being old) and i think they had enough to beat the celtics. but i can't fault thorpe's statement.

btw, thorpe is mostly a draft/prospect expert, iirc.

GaryJohnston
06-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Tacker is a faliure at life

Indazone
06-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Another dumb post by the man with the dumb gorilla sig.

ChumpDumper
06-14-2008, 02:26 PM
the spurs wouldn't have done any better in my opinion because they aren't just that good anymore like they used to be they lack the athletcism needed to compete against Boston

That's where. WTF ? If Manu's healthy, we win that series with the Lakers easily. As for competing w/Boston, we are a better defensive team than the Lakers. It would have been a challenging series and I'm not sure we had the team to beat Boston but the Lakers ? Yeah, they don't scare me now and they won't in the future. They suck.

We had nothing left after the Hornets series and Manu wasn't Manu for weeks.Eh, if anything he was mistaken about the Spurs' being that athletic a team in the past four seasons or so in the first place. Fairly common and not terribly noteworthy,

timvp
06-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Do people actually believe David Thorpe would say those massive run-on sentences I mean really obviously Tacker just pulled these quotes out of his azz this cat should be pinked.

spursfan09
06-14-2008, 03:38 PM

Dude you need to be taught some reading comprehension, and understand what it means to be "burned" by someone. :lol

SPURSGOAT
06-14-2008, 03:55 PM

:tu

OP is just a troll... just look at his sig...

rascal
06-14-2008, 04:02 PM

We had nothing left after the Hornets series and Manu wasn't Manu for weeks.

Will you stop saying this bullshit. The spurs were not even playing well during the regular season and that was with a healthy Manu. They had a bad record against the better teams in the league. Its only homerism that you cannot see this.

The Lakers were the top team #1 seed in the west. The Gasol trade put them over the top in the west.

I do expect Boston to close them out.

Oh, Gee!!
06-14-2008, 08:17 PM

the part where he failed to omit the fact that the Spurs Roolz!!11!!1###33

jag
06-14-2008, 10:41 PM
All i know is, if the Spurs played the way they did against LA, they would have been swept by the Celtics.

703 Spurz
06-14-2008, 11:00 PM

Opinions are like assholes and you know how that ends :bking

tmtcsc
06-15-2008, 12:41 AM
Will you stop saying this bullshit. The spurs were not even playing well during the regular season and that was with a healthy Manu. They had a bad record against the better teams in the league. Its only homerism that you cannot see this.

The Lakers were the top team #1 seed in the west. The Gasol trade put them over the top in the west.

I do expect Boston to close them out.

You're the one who can't see reality.

Who plays in the Lakers' division ?

Lakers
Phoenix
Sacramento
Clippers
Goldent State

Who plays in the Spurs division ?

spurs
dallas
houston
new orleans
memphis

5 of the 8 teams that made the playoffs came from our very tough division. On top of that, we won 1 less game than the best # 1 seeded Lakers...Blah fucking blah..Every time we took the floor we got just about every teams best effort. Playing the world champs brings out the best from our opponents. We are the team other teams circle on their calendars.

So, I don't buy that bullshit that the Lakers were the best the West had to offer. We didn't play our best ball and we weren't healthy. We held at least a 17 pt lead on them in 3 out of the 5 games. Do you see my point yet ? Fuck the Lakers. They are not the team to beat in the West next year.

The Lakers took advantage of playing in a weak division and rolled up the victories. Pau Gasol helped them but give me a break. We had to take down Phoenix and the Hornets before facing them.

They had to beat _enver and Utah. We beat Utah 4-1 the previous playoffs and smashed them in a very important game late in the season.

DazedAndConfused
06-15-2008, 01:49 AM

Lakers
Phoenix
Sacramento
Clippers
Goldent State

spurs
dallas
houston
new orleans
memphis

5 of the 8 teams that made the playoffs came from our very tough division. On top of that, we won 1 less game than the best # 1 seeded Lakers...Blah fucking blah..Every time we took the floor we got just about every teams best effort. Playing the world champs brings out the best from our opponents. We are the team other teams circle on their calendars.

So, I don't buy that bullshit that the Lakers were the best the West had to offer. We didn't play our best ball and we weren't healthy. We held at least a 17 pt lead on them in 3 out of the 5 games. Do you see my point yet ? Fuck the Lakers. They are not the team to beat in the West next year.

The Lakers took advantage of playing in a weak division and rolled up the victories. Pau Gasol helped them but give me a break. We had to take down Phoenix and the Hornets before facing them.

They had to beat _enver and Utah. We beat Utah 4-1 the previous playoffs and smashed them in a very important game late in the season.

Damn someone get this kid a wetnap. Fucking crybaby, Popazitz would probably punch you in the face if he ever heard you whine like this in front of him.

tmtcsc
06-15-2008, 08:11 AM
Damn someone get this kid a wetnap. Fucking crybaby, Popazitz would probably punch you in the face if he ever heard you whine like this in front of him.

Get your Kleenex ready you fucking Loser. Maybe your team can one day actually win the whole thing again. You and Kobe can cry together. First the Pistons and now the Celtics. Your team is pathetic. What's your excuse ? Bynum was injured ? You see what the future holds. A gimpy young Big Man and a tissue soft Center from Spain.

Kobe will be be back to wishing for a trade unless the team is changed. Meanwhile, the Spurs will get back to the business of winning Rings in 2009.

Hahahhahaa, there's only one Champion and your team losing in the Finals only makes for a more stinging result. Too funny. Sasha ! Sasha ! Sasha !

Hhahahaha..

Ghazi
06-15-2008, 09:22 AM

Lakers
Phoenix
Sacramento
Clippers
Goldent State

spurs
dallas
houston
new orleans
memphis

The Lakers were more injured than the Spurs in that series.

SenorSpur
06-15-2008, 09:37 AM
All i know is, if the Spurs played the way they did against LA, they would have been swept by the Celtics.

Amen

tmtcsc
06-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Amen

No argument here.

DazedAndConfused
06-15-2008, 03:45 PM
You do realize the Lakers were playing with their starting Center injured, Kobe had a torn ligament in his shooting hand, Fisher had a torn tendon in his foot, and Trevor Ariza was out the entire series except a few minutes in garbage time.

The only player injured on your team was Ginobli, and he apparently was so injured he managed to score 30 pts in Game 3.

ChumpDumper
06-15-2008, 03:48 PM
lakerfan is full of excuses.

DazedAndConfused
06-15-2008, 03:48 PM
^You have some nerve making a statement like that. Did you see this board after the Spurs lost, it was excuse after excuse after excuse.

Manu was injured, Spurs were tired, NBA is rigged, Barry got fouled........

ChumpDumper
06-15-2008, 03:50 PM
^You have some nerve doing the exact same thing and trying to call out spurfans for it.

Dave McNulla
06-15-2008, 10:31 PM
he's just bent because the lakers are gonna lose.