PDA

View Full Version : what are your picks for the draft?

200 miles
06-13-2008, 10:59 PM
It can either be picks you wish to see or picks most likely happening or it could be both.

My picks are:

wish /what will happen (Pop's wish)
26-Batum/Rush /26-Pekovic
45-Ponkrashov /45- Nando De Cola
57-Brumbaugh /57-Ibaka

200 miles
06-13-2008, 11:36 PM
no input at all?

no picks?

I hate to admit this but I am not surprised. :(

timvp
06-13-2008, 11:39 PM
No offense but it'd help if your picks made sense. Pekovic isn't going in the first round. Ibaka isn't going 57. Nando de Cola isn't a person and the other Nando isn't going to be picked 45th. Your picks are decent enough but you should put in a bit more research to make the other side more reasonable.

K-State Spur
06-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Kinda hard to make a projection when we have no idea who will fall to the Spurs.

If anything, this draft is starting to look MORE wide open as it nears. Even the #1 pick appears to be very much in the air.

Thompson
06-14-2008, 12:42 AM
My ideal situation would be the Spurs buying a first rounder from either the Trailblazers or maybe the Nuggets and trading both 2nd rounders for an early 2nd rounder.

13 or 20 - Nicolas Batum
26 - Courtney Lee

early 2nd- Mario Chalmers

Not very likely scenarios, but possible, and what I'd like to happen. If I had to guess what will happen... draft and stash for the next 20 years; man I wish the draft would hurry up and happen already.

SenorSpur
06-14-2008, 12:47 AM
If the Spurs can come away from this draft somehow with either Rush or Batum and perhaps legit backup PG in the 2nd round, I'd call that a successful draft.

T Park
06-14-2008, 12:51 AM
Ideal, Bill Walker

Realistic want CDR

what will happen, pick for another team and trade out for future seconds.

Spurs da champs
06-14-2008, 12:57 AM
Funny chad ford has us picking Batum.

Big P
06-14-2008, 01:40 AM
Ford has Houston at #25 picking Bantum..he has us picking Ty Lawson...either way..I want Bantum on the Spurs & I believe that we will have to move up 7 or 8 spaces to get him.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Wish/what will happen:
26: Bill Walker/Omri Casspi
45: Sonny Weems/Semih Erden
57: Goran Dragic/Bryce Taylor

remingtonbo2001
06-14-2008, 09:11 AM
What's the possibility of the Spurs trading their pick/exception to Portland for Sergio Rodriguez?

AFBlue
06-14-2008, 09:15 AM
I'll get back to you Monday when it's made official who is staying in the draft....

200 miles
06-14-2008, 10:13 AM
No offense but it'd help if your picks made sense. Pekovic isn't going in the first round. Ibaka isn't going 57. Nando de Cola isn't a person and the other Nando isn't going to be picked 45th. Your picks are decent enough but you should put in a bit more research to make the other side more reasonable.

of course I did research on my wish list

but for pop's wish list I just practically made up which players to pick based on recent draft picks and pop and rc's love for foreign players

Big P
06-14-2008, 10:59 AM
What's the possibility of the Spurs trading their pick/exception to Portland for Sergio Rodriguez?

I think that Portland would be more willing to deal Jack than Rodriguez....the TE still covers Jacks salary.

GaryJohnston
06-14-2008, 11:03 AM
they will all be foreign "project" picks we wont try to use till a few years down the road

Biggems
06-14-2008, 11:17 AM
My ideal situation would be the Spurs buying a first rounder from either the Trailblazers or maybe the Nuggets and trading both 2nd rounders for an early 2nd rounder.

13 or 20 - Nicolas Batum
26 - Courtney Lee

early 2nd- Mario Chalmers

Not very likely scenarios, but possible, and what I'd like to happen. If I had to guess what will happen... draft and stash for the next 20 years; man I wish the draft would hurry up and happen already.

if they were able to buy 13....I would be so pissed if they passed on Joe Alexander or even Donte Green for Nicolas Batum. I dont want any more Euros. I am tired of waiting for them to come over, and then have then either not come over or get traded to another NBA team.

Now if we were able to swing something were we were able to buy that 13, while keeping our 26.....and then getting #42....I would want this

13 - F Joe Alexander / G/F Donte Green
26 - G/F Brandon Rush / G/F Bill Walker
early 2nd - F/C Jason Thompson/ F/C Hardin

Then in FA all we need to do is
re-sign Thomas
sign Pargo

C - Oberto, Thompson/Hardin, Bonner
PF - Duncan, Mahimni, Thomas
SF - Bowen, Udoka, Alexander/Green
SG - Manu, Rush/Walker, Barry
PG - Parker, Pargo, Vaughn

AFBlue
06-14-2008, 11:53 AM
if they were able to buy 13....I would be so pissed if they passed on Joe Alexander or even Donte Green for Nicolas Batum. I dont want any more Euros. I am tired of waiting for them to come over, and then have then either not come over or get traded to another NBA team.

Now if we were able to swing something were we were able to buy that 13, while keeping our 26.....and then getting #42....I would want this

13 - F Joe Alexander / G/F Donte Green
26 - G/F Brandon Rush / G/F Bill Walker
early 2nd - F/C Jason Thompson/ F/C Hardin

Then in FA all we need to do is
re-sign Thomas
sign Pargo

C - Oberto, Thompson/Hardin, Bonner
PF - Duncan, Mahimni, Thomas
SF - Bowen, Udoka, Alexander/Green
SG - Manu, Rush/Walker, Barry
PG - Parker, Pargo, Vaughn

My God are you going to be dissapointed with the Spurs off-season...:lol

If the Spurs made more than one of those moves I'd be surprised/elated.

Mr. Body
06-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Let's not pretend the Spurs can buy a draft pick. That's crazy.

26 -- Courtney Lee.
I don't think the SFs will be there (Batum, Rush) and Lee is a better fit than Walker and CDR, if he's around.

45 -- Dragic, I suppose. Calathes, Forbes, a big man pick?
57 -- Hardly matters. I'd like to try out George Hill.

TheProfessor
06-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Let's not pretend the Spurs can buy a draft pick. That's crazy.

26 -- Courtney Lee.
I don't think the SFs will be there (Batum, Rush) and Lee is a better fit than Walker and CDR, if he's around.

45 -- Dragic, I suppose. Calathes, Forbes, a big man pick?
57 -- Hardly matters. I'd like to try out George Hill.
Definitely agree with the first two, although I'm coming around on CDR if he's available. At 57, I think the Spurs should look at a frontcourt "role player" prospect like Hunter, Gist, Kaun, Leunen, Padgett, etc., but they'll likely trade out.

wildbill2u
06-14-2008, 12:54 PM
It can either be picks you wish to see or picks most likely happening or it could be both.

My picks are:

wish /what will happen (Pop's wish)
26-Batum/Rush /26-Pekovic
45-Ponkrashov /45- Nando De Cola
57-Brumbaugh /57-Ibaka

Assuming Batum would drop this far (which I doubt,) he says in a video interview on Draft Express that he'd prefer to play in a running offense like NY or Phoenix than the Spurs.

He also said the first (and only?) team he has lined up to visit and work out with is Phoenix.

Biggems
06-14-2008, 05:57 PM
My God are you going to be dissapointed with the Spurs off-season...:lol

If the Spurs made more than one of those moves I'd be surprised/elated.

im not going to be disappointed, because I see my scenario happening about as much as I see Lehigh winning the Division 1-A NCAA Championship in football next season.

I was merely commenting on the post from another member and going through his scenario, with my own spin on it.

I have almost 100% certainty that we will not be able to buy the #13 from Portland....but even if we did, there is still no guarantee that Joe Alexander or even Donte Green will be on the board. I also do not see Rush falling to 26....but I remain hopeful that everyone 15-25 will forget he entered the draft....hehehehe

I can realistically see us trading 26 for two picks in the 2nd round. I also see us trading 57 for a 2nd next year.

Buddy Holly
06-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Assuming Batum would drop this far (which I doubt,) he says in a video interview on Draft Express that he'd prefer to play in a running offense like NY or Phoenix than the Spurs.

He also said the first (and only?) team he has lined up to visit and work out with is Phoenix.

Dude said he liked to run, he didn't say he didn't want to play for the Spurs.

Hell, Tony Parker used to always say he liked to run like the Suns and Dallas (when they did it).

I think you read way too much into his response to that question.

FilSpursFan
06-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Refresh me guys, who did we get from that Barbossa trade?

venitian navigator
06-15-2008, 01:57 AM
26 : Walker (if o.k. with his body)/Batum/Cdr/Greene/Rush/ Lee/Budinger/Forbes in this order (depends who's available)
45 : Dove
58 : Bokolo
Mle : Plan a : full mle to a real center with bloking ability (Diop) Plan b : full mle to a real real good scoring or real athletic g/f or split the MLE between two very good ones (in order, depends who's available) : Magette - Ariza - R. Mason - J. Pargo -Posey - J.R. Smith - Azubuike - R. Davis - Barnes - C. Delfino - J. Jones)
LLe : in case success plan a : a good scorin or athletic g/f : In this order : A.Wright/Dorrell Wright/c.j.Miles/ S. Vujacic/G. Giricek/ B. Wells/
In Case of plan b : a decent c (Javtokas/Mutombo/Foyle/Elson/Powell)

mrspurs
06-15-2008, 07:41 AM
ill be the first to say...i dont waste time looking at draft picks unless of course they are at the very top...since day one 1973 ive seen many meaning less names, that become just that. i love my spurs, (take alot of pride putting together their court, and taking it apart for the rampage to so call play hockey)(that slipped) but not enough to look around for a guy with the 26th pick...indeed i woulda wasted alot of time when they chose manu and tony...and i can live with that...go spurs go

tempest186
06-15-2008, 12:47 PM
26 - CDR/Rush/Walker (Whichever is available, taken in this order)
45 - Dorsey
58 - Brumbaugh

Biggems
06-15-2008, 01:15 PM
26 - CDR/Rush/Walker (Whichever is available, taken in this order)
45 - Dorsey
58 - Brumbaugh

you do realize that we have 57 not 58?

Sway
06-15-2008, 01:47 PM
For some reason this upcoming Draft and FA have really caught my attention this year. Maybe its because how important it is that we have a good Summer, especially since Splitter isnt coming over. Here is my list of players I like:

Draft:

PG: Ty Lawson (20), Mario Chalmers (26), Lester Hudson (48), George Hill (undrafted?)

SG: Brandon Rush (15), Courtney Lee (27), Chris Douglas-Roberts (28)

SF: Donte Greene (14), Nicholas Batum (21), Bill Walker (31), Omri Caspi (39), Pat Calathes (45), Keith Brumbaugh (undrafted?)

PF: Marreese Speights (23), Jason Thompson (37), Ryan Anderson (36)

FA:

(1) JR Smith (2) Kelenna Azubuike, (3) James Jones or Matt Barnes

Ideally the Spurs can trade/buy for a mid-first rounder (as has been rummored) making my ideal Summer something like this:

Draft:

Mid-1st: Donte Greene

#26: Marreese Speights

#45: Lester Hudson or George Hill

#57: Trade away?

FA:

MLE: JR Smith

Now that is what I call a Summer! Too bad its only going to happen in my dreams. :lol