PDA

View Full Version : Memo to Doc Rivers: Light the cigar!

SRJ
06-14-2008, 05:00 PM
An open letter to Doc Rivers:

This year is the return to glory for the Boston Celtics. After toiling in the basement of the NBA for a majority of the past 15 seasons, this scintillating 66-win season following the death of the great Red Auerbach is proof that Celtic Pride is back in the NBA.

Tomorrow, when the fourth quarter draws to a close and you've got the game well in hand, pay tribute to the one of the founding fathers of this league by rubbing the motherfucking Lakers' faces in it. Light the cigar just as Red would have done.

Grin as the Laker "fans" shower you with boos.
Flip off ESPN as their announcers censure you for a classless gesture.
Wave to Phil Jackson as he stares at you in disbelief.
Offer handshakes to Kobe and DFish as they cry in their cereal one more time.
Do it for Red!

FUCK THE LAKERS!

SenorSpur
06-14-2008, 06:15 PM
What a pleasure it would be to watch the C's celebrate on the Fakers home court on Fathers' Day. I've got a soft spot for Doc anyway, seeing as how he is a former Spur.

Go C's.

The Franchise
06-14-2008, 07:21 PM
What a pleasure it would be to watch the C's celebrate on the Fakers home court on Fathers' Day. I've got a soft spot for Doc anyway, seeing as how he is a former Spur.

Go C's.

I'm just glad Kobe gets to lose again. He does not seem like the kind of person that deserves to win anything.

shelshor
06-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Do it Doc!! Do it!!!

lefty
06-14-2008, 11:01 PM

Go C's.

Especially after some unclassy Lakers fans booed us at the end of game 5.

It would be sweet........

xtremesteven33
06-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Kobe does not seem like a good person at all. thats why i dislike him so much. its funny how ESPN always shows him go backstage after halftime and he kisses his wife and kids to potray him as a loving father/husband who is just like everyone else. well bull! hes not like everyone else. hes a bad role model for children and a bad person.

he has commited adultery on his wife im sure more than once, and he goes and says at the press confrence after game 4 thats hes going to go out and "drink wine, drink liquor and take about 5 shots"

is this how champions deal with adversity? is this the message he wants to send to children who adore him? and this is sugarcoating it on his part. i wonder how he really is when the cameras are off. i have no respect for him as a player or a person. sure he is an INCREDIBLE player but as a person he is no role model kids.

Tim Duncan is a role model.
David Robinson is a role model.

DazedAndConfused
06-14-2008, 11:24 PM
Rooting for the Celtics? That's how low Spur fan is these days.

ABC.

Clearly you guys haven't watched basketball since '99.

lefty
06-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Rooting for the Celtics? That's how low Spur fan is these days.

ABC.

Clearly you guys haven't watched basketball since '99.

We would have been really low if we rooted for the Lakers.

DazedAndConfused
06-14-2008, 11:58 PM
We would have been really low if we rooted for the Lakers.

Bruce Bowen is.