PDA

View Full Version : Open



Spur-Addict
06-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Did anyone watch the U.S Open today? It was rather impressive, specifically Tiger nailing two eagles on the back if i'm not mistaken. Anyone watch?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Tiger pulling a Willis Reed.

Those 17th and 18th shots were amazing .

Yet so Typical :lol

lurker
06-14-2008, 09:42 PM
It's amazing what Tiger is able to do even when he's in a ton of pain.

Spur-Addict
06-14-2008, 09:51 PM
That chip made me walk away from the tv for a minute there, but, you almost expect it. It never gets old.

Evan
06-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Whenever a golf shot gives you goose bumps and makes you cheer....wow....

Spur-Addict
06-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Any predictions for 2morrow? Roc still looks good, and Karlsson was practically an inch from sinking that putt on 18. This may shape up to be a nice finish.

tlongII
06-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Tiger is the greatest athlete in sports today. What he did yesterday was simply amazing. It will be interesting to see how Westwood holds up today.

Jimcs50
06-15-2008, 10:36 AM
What would happen to the tour if Tiger ever quits? I never watch a tour even unless he is playing.

That being said, I want Rocco to win this one. I think it was bad luck that he was watching Tiger right in front of him. It ovviously made him go for the green in 2 on 13, which led to his 3 putt bogie. The way he was cruising, he should have laid up to 90 yds, and put the ball right behind the flag and made an easy par or even birdie instead of the 3 putt bogie.

I think Rocco will do better today, playing ahead of Tiger instead of behind him. I will tell you one thing, if Tiger sprays the ball all over with his drives again today, he will not win...he made one eagle and one birdie that only Tiger makes(13 and 17) when he missed the fairway with horrible drives Most pros would have made a par and bogie, not go 3 under on those holes. He can not expect the same good fortune, if he does not hit fairways today.

tlongII
06-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Some how, some way Tiger will figure out a way to get it done today. I think it's very important to him to win this on Father's Day.

Jimcs50
06-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Some how, some way Tiger will figure out a way to get it done today. I think it's very important to him to win this on Father's Day. Probably right...others will implode under the pressure and Tiger will take advantage, even without his "A" game

Spur-Addict
06-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Some how, some way Tiger will figure out a way to get it done today. I think it's very important to him to win this on Father's Day.

Here we go, playoff time. This is fantastic golf.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Tiger Es Dios!

jochhejaam
06-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Great finish for Tiger, almost feel bad for Rocco.

I usually pull for Tiger, but either will do tomorrow.

T Park
06-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Unreal.

The guy is just unreal

loved him dropping the FUCK YEAH after making the putt :lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-15-2008, 08:04 PM
That guy is made of something else. :wow

Jimcs50
06-16-2008, 07:49 AM
Go Rocco Go!!!!

Seriously, I think Rocco is free rolling here. I do not think he has any pressure whatsoever today. I hope Rocco plays better than yesterday, where he sprayed his drives around which is not like himself.

Question: Will Steve yank the driver out of Tiger's hands on hole #1? "Hit the freaking 3 wood, Tiger, for Christ's sake." :lol

Jimcs50
06-16-2008, 08:12 AM
So many reasons to root for Roccoby Michael Rosenberg , Special to FOXSports.com

Updated: June 16, 2008, 6:10 AM EST 5 comments add this RSS blog email print You can't root against Rocco Mediate. But you will.

You can't root against a man who did not play golf seriously until college; who is 45-years-old and has never won a major; and who admitted Sunday evening that he didn't know how he would handle the final-round pressure. But you will.

You can't root against Rocco Mediate, because he can't root against anybody else. He told NBC Sunday night that a) he knew Tiger Woods would make his putt to force a U.S. Open playoff and b) he wasn't hoping Tiger would miss, because it isn't in him to do that. He said he can't root against somebody, and he wasn't kidding. Mediate is one of the most popular players on tour for a reason: He seems to like everybody.

You can't root against a guy like that. But you will.

And why?

Because you want to see Tiger Woods win his 14th major championship.

Amazing. Americans got tired of the Spurs. They got tired of the late '90s Yankees. Right about now, the whole country is tired of anybody who ever played sports in Boston. But except for a few Phil Mickelson fans, and some die-hard golf nuts who resent the people who only care about Tiger, everybody roots for Tiger Woods.

OK, fine. You love Tiger. He's mesmerizing. I get it. I'm mesmerized, too. But please take a moment and look at the other side of this.

I've had the privilege of following Tiger from inside the ropes at least a dozen times, and let me tell you: The man would rather putt with his lob wedge than acknowledge the paying customers. Tiger doesn't talk to the people, rarely waves to them, almost never looks in their eyes. In a way, this makes him more alluring — when you see him live, you can almost feel the distance between him and everybody else who has ever played.

But Rocco is different. As he told reporters at the Open, "I probably talk too much. I enjoy talking and I just go over and — especially, like, if I'm sitting there waiting a few times, I go over and say hi or what's up or make fun of somebody or they make fun of me. Whatever. It's fun."

Rooting for Tiger is like sitting down at a Vegas poker table and cheering for the house. Rocco? He has actually entered the World Series of Poker, and according to Golf Magazine, he traded golf lessons for poker lessons from World Series champ Greg (Fossilman) Raymer.

Rocco was born 13 years before Tiger, yet Tiger has been playing for just as long. Rocco played baseball as a kid and didn't pick up golf until high school.

NBC announcers and sportswriters are fighting over the thesaurus as they try to describe Tiger's performance after knee surgery. ("Courageous! Indomitable! Valiant! Wait, did I use those already?") And what Tiger has done is remarkable, and I love how he hasn't complained about it a bit.

But look at what Rocco has been through. He has struggled with severe back pain since Tiger was in high school. He was the first guy on tour to use a long putter because bending over a short one was too painful.

In 2006, Rocco was tied for the lead at the Masters — on Sunday, on the ninth hole — when his back flared up. It was so severe that he considered withdrawing. Instead he kept playing, carded a 10 at the famous par-3 12th and disappeared from contention. Rocco played 2007 on a minor medical exemption.


When Tiger issues a brief statement on his website, it is immediately international news. If you go to Rocco's website, you find his manager's phone number and a request that you "please allow 24 hours for response" to requests for press releases.

Tiger was the best young golfer ever. Rocco is trying to become the oldest U.S. Open champ in history. Very, very few of us are phenoms at anything, but if we're lucky, we'll all try to fight off the aging process. So you tell me: Can you relate more to Tiger or Rocco?

Tiger is trying to become the best player ever. Rocco is trying to become one of the longest shots ever to win the U.S. Open. Nobody ranked outside of the world's Top 100 has ever won, and Rocco is ranked 157.

I have great admiration for Tiger Woods. But Rocco Mediate winning the U.S. Open would be one of the best sports stories of the year.

So you know what?

I'm rooting for Rocco.

Somebody has to.

tlongII
06-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Don't care. Still rooting for Tiger.

lurker
06-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Rocco seems like a great guy, but the only way I'd ever root for him is if Tiger wasn't playing.

2centsworth
06-16-2008, 10:03 AM
it's a win win, but tiger is going to run away with it.

Pistons < Spurs
06-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Down to the 18th with Tiger down 1 stroke.

This has been a very entertaining Tie-Breaker round.

JamStone
06-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Damn I wish I could watch this.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Damn I wish I could watch this.

MSNBC is streaming it, too.

lebomb
06-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Rocco blasts one into the spectator stand.......first playoff hole. Its about over now.

degenerate_gambler
06-16-2008, 03:29 PM
It's over...Tiger does it again

tlongII
06-16-2008, 03:34 PM
That was some good TV! I don't think anybody here was working for the past 2 hours! :lol

degenerate_gambler
06-16-2008, 03:39 PM
That was some good TV! I don't think anybody here was working for the past 2 hours! :lol


no kidding...


both guys played pretty damned good.

Pistons < Spurs
06-16-2008, 03:40 PM
That was some good TV! I don't think anybody here was working for the past 2 hours! :lol

Indeed it was. I don't normally watch Golf, but it completely sucked me in. Awesome!

And it was pretty cool seeing him w/ his daughter at the end. I saw more of Tiger the person in those 2 minutes than he's showed in the last 5 years.

lebomb
06-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Damnit!!!! I was stuck at work.....hunting for updates online and the radio. I guess I caught as much as I could.

macdude06
06-16-2008, 03:49 PM
espn had it online live

lebomb
06-16-2008, 04:04 PM
espn had it online live

We have a firewall at work that does not allow anything streaming. Soooooo, I had to browse for updates. :depressed

Jimcs50
06-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Fuck!!!!


:depressed


Rocco out played Tiger big time, but those 2 little missed putts on 9 and 10 cost him.

Emanuel20
06-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Lol at Tiger....just amazing golfer!

Congrats Mr. Woods on #14....a couple more to go!

johnsmith
06-17-2008, 08:18 AM
Fuck!!!!


:depressed


Rocco out played Tiger big time, but those 2 little missed putts on 9 and 10 cost him.

Wouldn't Rocco have won if he "out played Tiger big time"?

Jimcs50
06-17-2008, 08:53 AM
Wouldn't Rocco have won if he "out played Tiger big time"?

you do not know golf, dumbass

Tiger out putted Rocco, he had 12 putts in first 10 holes, but as far as out ball striking and playing, Rocco was better. Tiger was all over the map, but his putting saved him.

johnsmith
06-17-2008, 09:24 AM
you do not know golf, dumbass

Tiger out putted Rocco, he had 12 putts in first 10 holes, but as far as out ball striking and playing, Rocco was better. Tiger was all over the map, but his putting saved him.

I promise that I'm a better golfer then you.

Secondly, scoreboard bitch. Tiger outplayed Rocco.

lurker
06-17-2008, 12:19 PM
All that matters is getting the ball in the hole. Tiger did that better. Sorry, Rocco.

Emanuel20
06-17-2008, 05:50 PM
The better athlete won (even with not a healthy knee). Rocco played better than Tiger but Woods persevered. He willed himself to the trophy.
My God, the guy is amazingly strong under pressure (those 2 birdies at 18 to force play-offs).
At the end, Tiger showed us once again…"he is the Chosen One in Golf.”

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Rocco played just as errant as Tiger at times, and that was due to mental lapses, pressure, AND not playing through a bad knee.

How can you outplay someone and not beat them? Rocco missed a few fairways himself early on in the front nine which ended up costing him in the end, especially a crucial missed fairway on the 19th hole.

That's like saying the rest of the field outplayed Tiger by hitting 20 % more fairways yet finishing 74 for the day. Tiger had been all over the map since Saturday, when he knee started acting up and still was the only one to finish underpar v. the rest of the field by Sunday. That one shot out of the bunker on the 16th was crazy.

Tiger on one leg still > all. Amazing

johnsmith
06-18-2008, 07:36 AM
Rocco played just as errant as Tiger at times, and that was due to mental lapses, pressure, AND not playing through a bad knee.

How can you outplay someone and not beat them? Rocco missed a few fairways himself early on in the front nine which ended up costing him in the end, especially a crucial missed fairway on the 19th hole.

That's like saying the rest of the field outplayed Tiger by hitting 20 % more fairways yet finishing 74 for the day. Tiger had been all over the map since Saturday, when he knee started acting up and still was the only one to finish underpar v. the rest of the field by Sunday. That one shot out of the bunker on the 16th was crazy.

Tiger on one leg still > all. Amazing

No dude, Jim says that you can outplay the other guy and still lose. So it must be true.


Hey Jim,
Scoreboard bitch.