PDA

View Full Version : worst team in the league?

angelbelow
06-15-2008, 01:52 AM
my question is, who do you guys feel is the absolute worst franchise in the league?

i dont want the criteria do be record, so dont say the heat because they had the worst record, rather, consider financial management, drafting/FA scouting ability and consistency, player development, and the ability to effectively build for the future.

i actually think the nuggets are in one of the worst shapes in the league. they don't have team chemistry, they dont have young talent(outside of carmelo and maybe klenza), they signed martin to 10+, and then nene for 10+, they dont have any room to sign free agents as they are in the luxury. perhaps they are not the worst but i thought id mention them to start things off.

JamStone
06-15-2008, 02:09 AM
Memphis Grizzlies, as a franchise and as a team.

They gave away their franchise player for nothing. They have some decent young players in Rudy Gay and (maybe) Mike Conley. But, it's hard to believe they'll be able to adequately build around them because they always make shit-for-brains moves. This goes way back before the Gasol trade. It goes back to having to give the #2 overall draft pick in 2003 to Detroit. It goes back to trading for Bonzi Wells. It goes back to trading Mike Bibby for Jason Williams. It goes back to drafting Marcus Banks and Kendrick Perkins and trading them to Boston for Troy Bell and Dahntay Jones. It goes back to Big Country as your franchise player.

That team and franchise was shit, as been shit, is shit, and will continue to be shit.

exstatic
06-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Atlanta, even thought they squeaked into the Leastern Conference playoffs this year. They have a completely dysfunctional owners group, a GM who won't answer his phone on trade deadline day and hates the managing partner of the owner's group (the feeling is allegedly mutual), and I've heard of at least once instance, each, of them not paying medical expenses of a player injured at training camp, and a trainer or asst trainer showing up hours late on the road to treat a player, drunk as a skunk.

m33p0
06-15-2008, 10:18 AM
i nominate the clippers.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Grizzlies.

dropstep4421
06-15-2008, 11:00 AM
grizzlies

angelbelow
06-15-2008, 08:12 PM
i nominate the clippers.

Memphis Grizzlies, as a franchise and as a team.

They gave away their franchise player for nothing. They have some decent young players in Rudy Gay and (maybe) Mike Conley. But, it's hard to believe they'll be able to adequately build around them because they always make shit-for-brains moves. This goes way back before the Gasol trade. It goes back to having to give the #2 overall draft pick in 2003 to Detroit. It goes back to trading for Bonzi Wells. It goes back to trading Mike Bibby for Jason Williams. It goes back to drafting Marcus Banks and Kendrick Perkins and trading them to Boston for Troy Bell and Dahntay Jones. It goes back to Big Country as your franchise player.

That team and franchise was shit, as been shit, is shit, and will continue to be shit.

they do have cap space =). but yea i agree with everything youre saying. it date back quite far. the only time that franchise went anywhere was with jerry west and hubie brown in the front court.

Spurtacus
06-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Memphis Grizzlies

Runner up:
New York Knicks

tlongII
06-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Bobcats

pauls931
06-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Grizzilies, they had no intention of winning this season or improving their team. Clippers are a close second. Atlanta? They got Joe Johnson from Phoenix so they can't be completely messed up.

Tippecanoe
06-15-2008, 09:26 PM
sonics, and their situation in seattle.

Vinnie_Johnson
06-15-2008, 09:37 PM
If you look at how long the Clippers have sucked ass this is easy.

Reggie Miller
06-15-2008, 11:08 PM
Before the Knicks dumped Isiah Thomas, this was easy. I still have to give them some sort of nod. Salary cap hell, lawsuits, etc.

The Clippers are a study in making the most money by being uncompetitive. Sterling is the modern West's equivalent of a 19th century robber baron. To me, this is inexcusable.

Atlanta has the entire "owners suing each other while refusing to resign or arbitrate thing" going on right now.

The Grizzlies just suck. There are lots of franchises that just suck and make stupid personnel decisions.

Indiana is now exclusively the Larry Bird Show. This will not end well...

braeden0613
06-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Milwaukee....sometimes i even forget they are in the league. And when was the last time they made the playoffs?

Biggems
06-16-2008, 12:07 AM
I pick the Grizzlies.....they had some very nice talent on that team, but they couldnt get it done.

I was going to pick the Clippers, but they get a pass cause of so many unfortunate injuries in the last 3-4 years.

Charlotte is a new franchise, but they are near the top of the list as well.....they will continue to suck as long as Jordan is making personnel decisions. His maniacal ego is not good for that franchise.

stretch
06-16-2008, 08:31 AM
Lakers.

BobcatsDynasty
06-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Bobcats

You're an idiot.

tlongII
06-16-2008, 10:24 AM
You're an idiot.

:lmao

balli
06-16-2008, 10:32 AM
ATL has huge problems, but thay also have talent coming out of their ears. That helps.

I'd would've said Charlotte because MJ sucks so bad, but Larry Brown helps.

Tough call- Milwaukee or the Clips probably. Donald Sterling is piece of shit.