PDA

View Full Version : Family SAD news

TDMVPDPOY
06-15-2008, 05:30 AM
Currently my dad is in ICU atm, and will go through a operation within an hour, surgeons dont know if he will make it through the night....

1 lung has infection, the other is full of water....so they are trying to clear this up...his struggling to breath atm...

dunno what i can do now. so far only me and my mom has received the news, besides other siblings and family relatives....

im not a huge religious believer, but all i can do now is to think positive and wait.....there are things close to you thats precious you dont know when its gone....im starting to regret now...

MannyIsGod
06-15-2008, 05:57 AM
Sorry to hear that man. I hope everything works out in the best possible manner. Stay strong.

TDMVPDPOY
06-15-2008, 06:06 AM
already told all my bros and sis to come home and go hospital, might be last time they see him.....

Brutalis
06-15-2008, 06:14 AM
Thoughts are with you and yours bro.

remingtonbo2001
06-15-2008, 07:12 AM
Your family is in my prayers.

marini martini
06-15-2008, 07:24 AM
Stay strong! You, your Dad & Family are in my prayers!

Jimcs50
06-15-2008, 08:57 AM
TDMVPDPOY. I wish your dad a full recovery. I hope you have a great Father's Day with your dad's full recovery. Good luck!

tlongII
06-15-2008, 09:25 AM
I hope your dad will be okay!

Pistons < Spurs
06-15-2008, 09:38 AM
You and your family are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

coachtf
06-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Hey brother I'm so very sorry you and your family are dealing with such sadness. It's not easy being so scared and I know memories come flooding back in moments like this.

PRAY and God will help comfort you. Life is so very fragile yet such an amazing blessing. Remember to honor Dad in such a way that you try and show the same strength he has always given to you.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless you my friend!

BlackSwordsMan
06-15-2008, 09:54 AM
that sucks

TDMVPDPOY
06-15-2008, 09:55 AM
yeh had a few relatives come visit at home....

still waiting for feedback from hospital whether the surgery is over....we only live like 2blocks away from the hospital...5min walk...

TheTruth
06-15-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm very sorry to hear that. Hope everything works out for the best. I'll pray for him.

ShoogarBear
06-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Sorry to hear that. Best of thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

xrayzebra
06-15-2008, 11:20 AM
Terrible news to hear at any time but more so on
Fathers Day. God Bless you and your family and
I hope he comes through surgery with no problems and on to a full recovery.

RashoFan
06-15-2008, 12:11 PM
MY thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May your father come through the surgery and have a quick and complete recovery.

spursfan09
06-15-2008, 12:18 PM
May God bless you and your family and give you all strength to get through this.

TDMVPDPOY
06-15-2008, 12:23 PM
well just came back from hospital, the surgery wasnt successful....

1 lung has collapse, the other is workn but not clear of infections...still havin trouble pumping oxy into him....all his internal ograns are not co-operating liver, bladder and heart.

currently his got 4machines cycling oxy into his system,

well trying to get the family members to go see him alot in the next few days...just in case.

made a few international calls, now i know who real family is and who doesnt give a fuck.

brothers and sisters trying to hold back the tears, i can see it in them trying to be strong and believe in a miracle to happen......

jaffies
06-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Really sorry to hear that.
Remind him how much he is loved by his family.
I'm hoping he gets well.

mrsmaalox
06-15-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm so sorry about your Dad. Cling tightly to your family, you will recieve the strength you need from each other!

dimsah
06-15-2008, 03:51 PM
I was never good with this kind of thing but I can understand what you're going through.

Grab the moments you have right now and don't look back. Forgive the family that didn't come to your side and thank the ones that did.

Just live.

Don Quixote
06-15-2008, 04:31 PM
I suck at this. Don't know what to say.

We're praying for you.

Anti.Hero
06-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Went through the same thing with my dad going in ICU 3 months ago.

Stay strong. I wish ya'll the best.

2Blonde
06-15-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm sending all my positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Slydragon
06-15-2008, 11:26 PM
:depressed I really don't know what to say, Stay strong

TDMVPDPOY
06-16-2008, 12:11 AM
Thanks to the spurstalk community for your prayers and wishes...

i just came back from the hospital again...

currently with all the above in the first post is still in critical,

but currently his stable atm and slowly getting better..still most of his organs are operating at adequately lvl only...., so it all depends on his health atm, another surgery is planned in the next few days this time to cut part of the infected lung...another life threatening procedure....

i had about 30min session to myself with me dad...there were alot of things i wanted to say to him....but the words couldnt come out as i was holding back the tears and could only hope for the best that he gets through this.....

marini martini
06-16-2008, 12:20 AM
Just tell him how much you love him, and what a great Dad he has been to you. Tell him if he needs to "let go" it is alright. You, your Mom, and sibs will be o.k. and will all meet again in the promised land.

TDMVPDPOY
06-16-2008, 12:31 AM
Just tell him how much you love him, and what a great Dad he has been to you. Tell him if he needs to "let go" it is alright. You, your Mom, and sibs will be o.k. and will all meet again in the promised land.

Yeh i kept it in my mind....saying stuff like he cant go yet, he has too see me be successful at life, career, family there is so much more he miss out on, he cant go yet...cant believe i felt so helpless in this time of need...

i kept on asking the guy upstairs why all the good ppl die....

marini martini
06-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Yeh i kept it in my mind....saying stuff like he cant go yet, he has too see me be successful at life, career, family there is so much more he miss out on, he cant go yet...cant believe i felt so helpless in this time of need...

i kept on asking the guy upstairs why all the good ppl die....

The guy upstairs^^^needs him more than you! Your Dad can watch you be successful, at life, career & family, front row & center in a very cushie recliner! He doesn't need to suffer. If it's his time, let him go:toast

Squid
06-16-2008, 12:57 AM
Doesn't atm mean ass to mouth?

Slydragon
06-16-2008, 01:01 AM
Doesn't atm mean ass to mouth?

:nope

TDMVPDPOY
06-16-2008, 01:04 AM
The guy upstairs^^^needs him more than you! Your Dad can watch you be successful, at life, career & family, front row & center in a very cushie recliner! He doesn't need to suffer. If it's his time, let him go:toast

my old man cant go yet.....there is still many things in life he has missed out on or owed...

his parents died in there 20s...during the nam war
my dad and his 2 brothers were seperated at birth at a young age all too different side of the familys and all migrated to different parts of teh world.
they sold my dad and the youngest to be slaves...
i remember when we migrated to australia, we were kicked out of the home from 2nd cousins and karma got back to them.
my family actually sponsored the eldest brother to migrate here and gave him money to go over to philopines to get married and settle here, gave him money to buy a car and a deposit to buy a house, actually we did this to our cousins as well...all livin in 2 double stories etc....(karma all got them)
They owed him alot, my dad live a life of struggles...and he got nothing out of it, now where is the support from these members...i know whats going through there minds...all going to point the finger at my family for this. I can tell by the tone they are talking over the phone and face 2 face.

i had so much planned for this year like buying our oown house without any assistance from these so-called family members. Im just pissed atm, we got so many good things going for my family atm...

i find it my family friends and neighboors in teh area who have known us for +20 years are more precious to us than blood related family, they actually cared and put time out to actually visit us and stuff and check whats going on, a few have offered to pay for any medical/funeral fees...but i think i can handle this all on my own.

balli
06-16-2008, 01:17 AM
I
Between extremities
Man runs his course;
A brand, or flaming breath.
Comes to destroy
All those antinomies
Of day and night;
The body calls it death,
The heart remorse.
But if these be right
What is joy?

II
A tree there is that from its topmost bough
Is half all glittering flame and half all green
Abounding foliage moistened with the dew;
And half is half and yet is all the scene;
And half and half consume what they renew,
And he that Attis' image hangs between
That staring fury and the blind lush leaf
May know not what he knows, but knows not grief

III
Get all the gold and silver that you can,
Satisfy ambition, animate
The trivial days and ram them with the sun,
And yet upon these maxims meditate:
All women dote upon an idle man
Although their children need a rich estate;
No man has ever lived that had enough
Of children's gratitude or woman's love.
No longer in Lethean foliage caught
Begin the preparation for your death
And from the fortieth winter by that thought
Test every work of intellect or faith,
And everything that your own hands have wrought
And call those works extravagance of breath
That are not suited for such men as come
proud, open-eyed and laughing to the tomb.

IV
My fiftieth year had come and gone,
I sat, a solitary man,
In a crowded London shop,
An open book and empty cup
On the marble table-top.
While on the shop and street I gazed
My body of a sudden blazed;
And twenty minutes more or less
It seemed, so great my happiness,
That I was blessed and could bless.
Although the summer Sunlight gild
Cloudy leafage of the sky,
Or wintry moonlight sink the field
In storm-scattered intricacy,
I cannot look thereon,
Responsibility so weighs me down.
Things said or done long years ago,
Or things I did not do or say
But thought that I might say or do,
Weigh me down, and not a day
But something is recalled,
My conscience or my vanity appalled.
A rivery field spread out below,
An odour of the new-mown hay
In his nostrils, the great lord of Chou
Cried, casting off the mountain snow,
"Let all things pass away.'
Wheels by milk-white asses drawn
Where Babylon or Nineveh
Rose; some conquer drew rein
And cried to battle-weary men,
From man's blood-sodden heart are sprung
Those branches of the night and day
Where the gaudy moon is hung.
What's the meaning of all song?

- William Butler Yeats

tlongII
06-16-2008, 10:23 AM
2 AM and she calls me 'cause I'm still awake,
"Can you help me unravel my latest mistake?,
I don't love him. Winter just wasn't my season"
Yeah we walk through the doors, so accusing their eyes
Like they have any right at all to criticize,
Hypocrites. You're all here for the very same reason

'Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable
And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button, girl.
So cradle your head in your hands
And breathe... just breathe,
Oh breathe, just breathe

May he turned 21 on the base at Fort Bliss
"Just a day" he said down to the flask in his fist,
"Ain't been sober, since maybe October of last year."
Here in town you can tell he's been down for a while,
But, my God, it's so beautiful when the boy smiles,
Wanna hold him. Maybe I'll just sing about it.

Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable,
And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table.
No one can find the rewind button, boys,
So cradle your head in your hands,
And breathe... just breathe,
Oh breathe, just breathe

There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around.

2 AM and I'm still awake, writing a song
If I get it all down on paper, it's no longer inside of me,
Threatening the life it belongs to
And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud
And I know that you'll use them, however you want to

But you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable,
And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button now
Sing it if you understand.
and breathe, just breathe
woah breathe, just breathe,
Oh breathe, just breathe,
Oh breathe, just breathe.

BigZak
06-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Good luck and God Bless your dad and your family man...

MI21
06-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Stay strong, brother.

Don't give up hope.

Los Spurs
06-16-2008, 02:47 PM

+1

Sunshine
06-17-2008, 12:44 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep us updated.

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2008, 01:14 AM
well just came back from hospital again

my dads body is slowly reacting to the stuff they gave him...health condition is better than yesterday...his bladder is workn atm compared to 1 and a half days ago which is good news so far...

he will have another surgery in 24hrs, this time to cut parts of the left lung...still another life threatening surgery since his right lung is hardened up and on a machine to help ventilate oxygen throughout his body....

will have to come back in again in 3 hrs just to talk to the surgeons about the risk with this surgery......

went to church by myself b4 meetin my dad, had a few silent moments in the church just thinkn....its so easy to think in ur head, but the words wouldnt come out...

iminlakerland
06-17-2008, 01:47 AM
I shall continue keeping your dad and your family in my prayers.

TDMVPDPOY
06-18-2008, 01:22 AM
currently my dad is in surgery atm...another 2 hrs he be inside, hope everything goes well with the surgery

Kori Ellis
06-18-2008, 01:25 AM
Prayers and good thoughts to your dad and your whole family. Try to be strong.

balli
06-18-2008, 01:26 AM
hope everything goes well with the surgery
Us too. Keep hanging in there.

mavs>spurs2
06-18-2008, 01:28 AM
prayin for u man

Pistons < Spurs
06-18-2008, 01:56 AM
Stay strong. We're all pulling for him.

nsrammstein
06-18-2008, 01:58 AM
I hope everything finishes alright and that the surgery is a success....nothing you can do right now...just think positive thoughts and positive energy that always helps others around you...be it your family or your dad..

TDMVPDPOY
06-18-2008, 06:15 AM
thanks for the support fellas,

just got off the phone with one of the nurses, the operation was a success, they manage to cut parts of the infected lung, but still in critical stages at the moment, so it will be another slowly recovery process b4 they actually try and contained the spread of the infection within the body and draining the other lung.....

i was going to head in now to have a checkup on the progress and fuller extent update, but apparently they are still very busy with him....so i might head there straight in the mornin and allow the doctors/nurses do what they have to do now till then.

i keep you guys updated on things are going....

TDMVPDPOY
06-19-2008, 12:34 AM
i come back this time to inform you guys

my dad might not be with us in a few hours, his in surgery again....there was a buildup of bloodclots around the lungs which was not allowing blood throughout his body, and excessive bleeding.......

mrsmaalox
06-19-2008, 12:40 AM
Sorry to hear that. Maybe he's just tired of fighting so hard. Try to accept that and be strong!

marini martini
06-19-2008, 12:41 AM
i come back this time to inform you guys

my dad might not be with us in a few hours, his in surgery again....there was a buildup of bloodclots around the lungs which was not allowing blood throughout his body, and excessive bleeding.......

It will all work out, TDMVP

Expect a miracle!:toast

tlongII
06-19-2008, 01:07 AM
Sorry to hear that. Maybe he's just tired of fighting so hard. Try to accept that and be strong!

Eff that. Tell him to fight his ass off! Never give up!

TDMVPDPOY
06-19-2008, 05:12 AM
After waiting 4.30hrs, the surgeons came out and gave me the answer i wanted to hear, they perform the procedures they wanted and solve the problems, and that was stop bloodclots and stop the internal bleeding around the lungs and wound.
Another good news is that the remaining part of the right lung is starting to function....

I am thankful to the surgeons, doctors, and nurses who is caring for my dad and the wonderful work that they are doing, thanks to the spurstalk community for their prayers and support, thanks to my friends and relatives who are calling in for any updates and providing the motivation, the will to be strong to go through these hard times, thanks to the lord upstairs who is hearing my prayers.

Didnt go in to see him, just wanted to allow the doctors/nurses to do what they have to do usually after a surgery....i come in next thing in the morning...

Pistons < Spurs
06-19-2008, 07:30 AM
Great to hear some positive news!!!! Hopefully the Doctors can keep doing their thing, and he keeps responding! Hang in there man!

MannyIsGod
06-19-2008, 07:35 AM
Awesome man, just awesome. Doctors and medical staff can pull off amazing things. I hope you get their best.

:)

florige
06-19-2008, 07:39 AM
Everytime I read a post from TD I hold my breath. Hopefully he pulls through!!

marini martini
06-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Great news, TD. I guess you have your Pop around for a while longer. Take the time to show him how much you love him, and cherish each day.

tlongII
06-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Tell him to stop scaring you like that!

remingtonbo2001
06-19-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm glad your father is doing well.

I wish him a full and healthy recovery.

RashoFan
06-22-2008, 01:15 AM
How is your dad doing? I hope he is recovering and is getting stronger by the day.
I am keeping you and yor family in my thoughts and prayers.

TDMVPDPOY
06-22-2008, 05:29 AM
the only update i have so far is they have taken off the machine that extracts blood from his body, pumps it with oxygen and pumps it back into the body....but there is another new machine they just gave him thats still running, what it does is shakes the body to keep the pace of the heart and lungs still operating instead of idle. I think his still breathing out of the ventilators for oxygen....dunno if they have started to treat the right lung yet which is full of liquid....hopefully all of this treatment goes to plan....

RashoFan
06-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks for an update. I will keep the prayers coming.

ShoogarBear
06-22-2008, 01:11 PM
the only update i have so far is they have taken off the machine that extracts blood from his body, pumps it with oxygen and pumps it back into the body....but there is another new machine they just gave him thats still running, what it does is shakes the body to keep the pace of the heart and lungs still operating instead of idle. I think his still breathing out of the ventilators for oxygen....dunno if they have started to treat the right lung yet which is full of liquid....hopefully all of this treatment goes to plan....

That first machine is called a Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenator (ECMO). That they were able to get him off of it is a good sign. The second one sounds like it's an external chest wall vibrator, which is used to help the gas distribution in the lungs. Sounds like he's in a pretty high-tech medical center. Hope things continue to improve.

TDMVPDPOY
06-22-2008, 01:43 PM
The second one sounds like it's an external chest wall vibrator, which is used to help the gas distribution in the lungs. Sounds like he's in a pretty high-tech medical center. Hope things continue to improve.

Yeh something like that, its pretty new too that machine, they were doing a sales presentation to the nurses/doctors in the ICU how to operate it. Treatment would be the same for all large hospitals imo down under, its just a matter of what ppl they have there working....well teh hospital is just across the road from where i live.....so we just went there instead.

i live like 1km outside of CBD, within a 5km radius theres like 8 different big hospitals....with different purposes.

His brother just flew over from vietnam, probably stayin till my dad fully recovers b4 he jets back to VN.

TDMVPDPOY
06-23-2008, 12:14 AM
Well i just went in today, and receive the good news....

currently his off that shaking machine, but on a normal ventilator machine,

his heart, kidney, bladder is returning to normal,

Both of his lungs are working and they are starting to treat the right lungs with anti-biotics ,

they drain all the fluids they gave him for the last week,

theres a possibility they might wake him up tommarow....

mrsmaalox
06-23-2008, 02:36 AM
What a roller coaster ride you must be on. I'm happy things are looking up for your dad! Hang in there.

peewee's lovechild
06-23-2008, 07:46 AM
That's good news, TDM.

It looks like your Pops is going to come out of this. I'm happy for you.

peewee's lovechild
06-23-2008, 07:47 AM
- William Butler Yeats

One of my all-time favorite poets.

Cry Havoc
06-23-2008, 08:11 AM
Great to hear that last bit, TDMVP.

Pistons < Spurs
06-23-2008, 09:06 AM
It's great to hear how well he's responding to the treatments and medications! I'm glad things are going better for him!

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2008, 11:33 PM
yesterday they took all the tubes out of his mouth, and then put a hole in his neck and attached the tubes to that instead.....

his still getting treatment and probably in there for another week.

He awoke today, but still coughing.....still in alot of pain, can only communicate by the flickering of the eyelids....

mrsmaalox
06-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Hey, he's awake and he knows you're there; that's the best medicine for him. :tu

marini martini
06-25-2008, 11:48 PM
Hey, he's awake and he knows you're there; that's the best medicine for him. :tu

You got it buddy:toast

RashoFan
06-25-2008, 11:50 PM
So glad to hear good newsTDM!!!. Let your Dad know he has people all around the USA and the world praying for him to recovery and go home soon. Let us know if you need anything.God Bless.

NorCal510
06-26-2008, 12:01 AM
for some reason i got teary eyed reading this thread

i hope the best for your dad!

marini martini
06-26-2008, 12:13 AM
for some reason i got teary eyed reading this thread

i hope the best for your dad!

You r so precious:toast

BigZak
06-26-2008, 08:40 AM
day by day bro...glad you pops is getting better!

TDMVPDPOY
06-29-2008, 03:44 AM
so my old is awake for the last 3 days, just that i cbf going in to visit him

so i went in today and had a chat with him....he wants to go home

so i gave him the lowdown on the news and whats been happening to him while in hospital, its better for him to stay there get teh treatment instead of going home only later to worstened it and return to hospital back at step 1.

so here is the update/// his on the ventilating machine every 2-3 hrs scedule during the day, as they want him to start trying to breath on his own, while at night his on the machine. Fluids in the right lung is drainin...its still there. If he continues to get better, theres a possibility they might shift him out of ICU and into ward room upstairs....then start the rehabilitation process to get his muscles working b4 he heads out of hospital...

critical stages are clearly over, as long the body continues to accept the medicine treatment and continues to recover...he be back to full recovery in no time.

remingtonbo2001
06-29-2008, 09:17 AM
:clap

Glad to hear the good news.

I will continue to pray for a full recovery.

RashoFan
06-29-2008, 02:06 PM
TDMVP, so glad to hear of your dad's progress....Day by day he is closer to getting home with you and your family. Best wishes:toast
May all the prayers keep a comin' I keep on sending mine.