PDA

View Full Version : is it just me?

BUMP
06-15-2008, 11:30 PM
or is Espn REALLY tearing the LAkers apart after each of their wins. after the game 3 win, it was only because of the inefficiency of Pierce and Garnett and the Lakers were beaten down for only winning by 7.

in this game they were criticized for their "lucky" defensive plays down the stretch. Excuse me, but you take a Finals win any way you can get it

J.T.
06-15-2008, 11:31 PM
It's because the one team the NBA and national media would like to see win more than LA is Boston.

Trainwreck2100
06-15-2008, 11:32 PM
They've played like shit

Ghazi
06-15-2008, 11:34 PM
or is Espn REALLY tearing the LAkers apart after each of their wins. after the game 3 win, it was only because of the inefficiency of Pierce and Garnett and the Lakers were beaten down for only winning by 7.

in this game they were criticized for their "lucky" defensive plays down the stretch. Excuse me, but you take a Finals win any way you can get it

I do think the announcers were a little overcritical and agree with you that you take a finals win any way you can get it, but I also agree with the substance of what they were saying. the Lakers didn't really change anyone's mind tonight about who the better team was and didn't really play that good of basketball after the 1st quarter. They will have to play much better to win in Boston.

lebomb
06-16-2008, 08:12 AM
I agree with Ghazi......its clear who the better team is. Boston will close it out tomorrow. Will not really be close either.

DazedAndConfused
06-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Honestly it doesn't matter how you get the wins at this point. You take them however they come.

I absolutely agree with what Van Gundy was saying about our defense. We could use him as our defensive assistant coach. Philly boy is focused far too much on offense these days.

Sportcamper
06-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Van Gundy has been right on with his critique…Marc Jackson has a John Madden complex ...But Jackson does not seem to understand either team…Its as if he is seeming them for the 1st time in the finals & so he says a bunch of clichés to make up for his lack of knowledge…

monosylab1k
06-16-2008, 11:13 AM
It's more ESPN hatred of the Patriots. Seriously. If Boston wins the Finals, then the Patriots are the only Boston team of the "Big 3" sports to not win a championship in the 2007 season. The Red Sox did it, now the Celtics will. That will make the Patriots failure in the Super Bowl even more epic. ESPN hates the Patriots more than Bill Polian.