PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to keep my name hidden as a business owner

BacktoBasics
06-16-2008, 09:59 AM
Might be a question for the richers here but I'm open to all suggestions.

Lets say I'm going to start a business and I'm the sole owner but I don't want my name showing up if someone wanted to start checking public information, records and so forth.

Is there a way to keep my personal name buried deep enough that it would be difficult to find out that I owned the business?

I'll hang up and listen thanks.

06-16-2008, 10:04 AM
Ask Don Corleone.

TDMVPDPOY
06-16-2008, 10:06 AM
there is something called a silent partner.....

all you do is contribute money to the business own a share, but you dont help run the business in anyway.....it depends on the business agreement, whether you hand over all control to the other partner....

BacktoBasics
06-16-2008, 10:23 AM
there is something called a silent partner.....

all you do is contribute money to the business own a share, but you dont help run the business in anyway.....it depends on the business agreement, whether you hand over all control to the other partner....
There is no partner. I'm the sole owner but will draw no money from the company.

CosmicCowboy
06-16-2008, 01:36 PM
the short answer is not legally unless you use an offshore registration and you have to have the secret richer password to do that.

All businesses are supposed to be registered with the Secretary of State even if you are using a DBA (doing business as)

DarkReign
06-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Short answer: No.

You either a) be named the CEO/owner/president/Whatever or b) have a frontman do that for you...but you have to trust that SOB or he walks with your cash.

06-16-2008, 01:41 PM
There is no partner. I'm the sole owner but will draw no money from the company.

You want to start a business but not make any money off it?

Evan
06-16-2008, 01:57 PM
There's lots of things to try (too lazy to mention) but if someone has a little know how and a little cash they can find out rather easily.

and little means "not that much"

BacktoBasics
06-16-2008, 01:58 PM
You want to start a business but not make any money off it?Not exactly. I need 30k liquid to do what I want and the easiest way to get there is to put together a smaller version of what I want and only have one employee so I don't have to pay myself. By not paying myself I can save a good amount of money and after two or so years I'll have enough net equity built up to proceed with my original vision. The only way to pay myself would be to make it large enough for it to work but to do that I need way too much money upfront. I just don't have 30 to 40k in extra money sitting around.