PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero 4 News

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-16-2008, 11:11 AM
Big Guitar Hero World Tour Information
By Tyler Ryan on Jun 15, 2008 in News

Update:
We just got this tip sent to us… we checked it out ourselves and everything seems legit. This all comes from a market research firm.

Here are the highlights, which mostly focus on artists that will be in the game and the new feature on the guitar controller, and you can read all of the info yourself after the break;

The artists that were listed are;

Jimi Hendrix
The Doors
Foo Fighters
Smashing Pumpkins
Korn
System of a Down
Ozzy Osbourne
Interpol
Muse
Guitar Controller

The information about the guitar controller said it would feature “an all-new wireless guitar controller with the first-ever touch-sensitive neck slide”.

Concept:
In this new Guitar Hero game, join up with your bandmates to form the ultimate super group and rock your way to the top.

Shred on lead, rhythm, or bass guitar, rip on drums, or belt it out on the mic as you rock together on the greatest classic, modern, alternative, pop, and metal hits. Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins, Korn, System of a Down, Ozzy Osbourne, Interpol, Muse, and dozens more come together to form the coolest set list ever. Then take it to a whole new level by jumping into a fully-integrated recording studio to lay down, upload, and share custom tracks - for virtually unlimited rock.

Create your own tracks or jam freely over hit tracks from the game. This game features the most authentic instrument peripherals on the market including an all-new wireless guitar controller with the first-ever touch-sensitive neck slide, killer wireless drums with quiet pads and raised cymbals, and a microphone to become the ultimate frontman. This new Guitar Hero game lets you rock together and rock for all.

Pricing:
Price Including Instruments: $179.99 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Nintendo Wii
$169.99 for PlayStation 2
Price excluding instruments: $59.99 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3
$49.99 for Nintendo Wii and Playstation 2
Expected Rating: T/Teen - Suitable for those ages 13 and older

Features:
Social gameplay: Guitarist (lead, rhythm, or bass), drummers, and singers (lead or backup) rock together with all-new band scoring, background vocals, “key rock group moments,” and more.

Additional peripherals such as wireless drums and microphone

Music Creator: Make music, share it, and play it. YouTube meets Billboard Hot 100 to deliver unfettered, unlimited rock.

New guitar sets you free: New touch-sensitive guitar Neck Slide opens up with entire guitar neck for unbound solos - shred how you want

Personalization: Tailor your entire experience with customizable character, instruments, band logos, and album covers.

Battle of the Bands: 4 versus 4 Online. One band may lose, but everybody wins.

Band Mode: Form the supreme rock group locally or online

Career mode: The best solo guitar game is now also the best drum game and the best rock singing game.

Rock together, create together - as the ultimate rock band

Rock together on guitar, drums, and microphone

Create and share music with a fully integrated recording studio

Rock together with the most authentic instruments available

http://consolehero.com/2008/06/15/big-guitar-hero-world-tour-information/

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Guitar Hero 4 bands so far:

Allman Brothers
At the Drive-In
Billy Idol
Bon Jovi
Boston
Blind Melon
Blink-182
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Coldplay
Def Leppard
The Doors
Dream Theater
The Eagles
Fleetwood Mac
Foreigner
Interpol
Jane's Addiction
Jimi Hendrix
Jimmy Eat World
Lenny Kravitz
Linkin Park
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Michael Jackson
Modest Mouse
Muse
Nirvana
No Doubt
Oasis
Paramore
Steve Miller
Smashing Pumpkins
Sublime
Silversun Pickups
The Answer
Van Halen

And bands just added:
Ozzy Osbourne
Korn
System of a Down
Foo Fighters
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Police

manufor3
06-16-2008, 11:14 AM
I love the chili peppers

J.T.
06-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Dear Guitar Hero makers,

I rarely play your shitty game, but cough up the money to buy a Zeppelin track. Or a Beatles track, and then maybe I would. It's not like release day profits won't cover the cost and then some.

J.T.
06-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Guitar Hero 4 bands so far:

Boston

The Eagles

If the songs by these bands are not "Foreplay / Long Time" and "Hotel California" respectively, then anyone who buys this game is getting ripped off.

Dex
06-16-2008, 03:31 PM
If the songs by these bands are not "Foreplay / Long Time" and "Hotel California" respectively, then anyone who buys this game is getting ripped off.

oooh, a GH version of the Live Acoustic Hotel California. I would pay for that. :smokin

Brutalis
06-16-2008, 03:35 PM
GH is so so soooo boring to me. Just repeats itself over and over and overrrrr

NASpurs
06-16-2008, 03:37 PM
When are they going to put Stairway to Heaven in this damn game. :pctoss

Michael Jackson? Only song I can think of that would be fun is Smooth Criminal.

And lol @ Fleetwood Mac. I also agree with the Hotel California comment.

Mister Sinister
06-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Fuck yeah, Foreigner!

Avitus1
06-16-2008, 07:32 PM
I actually just bought Guitar Hero 3 and love it now I'm really looking forward to Guitar Hero 4...

Kyle Smith
06-16-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm stoked.