PDA

View Full Version : Rosevelt Colvin to the Texans

monosylab1k
06-16-2008, 11:39 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3446067

Reports: Texans to sign LB Colvin, hoping to boost pass rush

Free-agent linebacker Rosevelt Colvin has agreed to sign with the Texans, Houston media reported Monday.

Colvin, who played for the Patriots for five seasons in which he won two Super Bowls, visited the Texans earlier this month and passed a physical. He was hampered last season with a foot injury, playing 11 games with four sacks, before his release.

"I coached against him for many years and know he's a fine, fine player," Texans coach Gary Kubiak said when Colvin visited, according to The Associated Press.

The Texans will be looking for Colvin, 30, to help boost the seventh-year franchise's pass rush opposite defensive end Mario Williams.

Colvin was set to sign a contract Monday. Terms have not been disclosed.

Colvin, 6-foot-3 and 250 pounds with 52½ sacks, logged a career-high 10½ in 2001 and 2002 with the Bears, who picked him in the fourth round of the 1999 draft out of Purdue.

He joined the Patriots in 2003 as a free agent.

monosylab1k
06-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Great pickup for the Texans. He'll be absolutely bad ass for all 8 games that he's healthy.

alltimerusherE.Smith
06-16-2008, 11:40 AM
rosevelt colvin sucks donkey warts

J.T.
06-16-2008, 11:44 AM
. . . and the Patriots defense continues its post-Super Bowl decline.

monosylab1k
06-16-2008, 11:48 AM
. . . and the Patriots defense continues its post-Super Bowl decline.

Victor Hobson & Tank Williams FTW!

monosylab1k
06-16-2008, 11:49 AM
If Roidney Harrison is starting at safety again next year, the Pats secondary might be the worst in the league.

J.T.
06-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Victor Hobson & Tank Williams FTW!

I just sharted a little bit when I read that.

midgetonadonkey
06-16-2008, 12:24 PM
This is a nice pickup. An experience vet with rings on a very young defense will really help them out. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring.

ATRAIN
06-16-2008, 12:44 PM
What does he play? outside linebacker?

midgetonadonkey
06-16-2008, 01:10 PM
What does he play? outside linebacker?

Yes. They will use him on pass rushing situations. I don't think he will be a full time starter.

ATRAIN
06-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Yes. They will use him on pass rushing situations. I don't think he will be a full time starter.

Could be good. So even though we said this last year what do you think midge..........playoffs?

midgetonadonkey
06-16-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm guessing 10-6 with a wild card birth. Anything less will be disappointing.

ATRAIN
06-16-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm guessing 10-6 with a wild card birth. Anything less will be disappointing.

I still say 11-5 :), but im a blind homer so yeah.

stretch
06-16-2008, 02:22 PM
11-5?

With the Colts, Jags, and Titans in your division, thats quite a prediction...

ATRAIN
06-16-2008, 02:24 PM
11-5?

With the Colts, Jags, and Titans in your division, thats quite a prediction...

Titans we can beat both times. The Jags we have beaten and play them hard but I still think they might beat us 1 out of 2. Colts we have taken to the limit as well. Its very possible, I mean who would have thought the Giants would have won the SB last year?

dickface
06-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Titans we can beat both times. The Jags we have beaten and play them hard but I still think they might beat us 1 out of 2.

:lmao the Vince Young hate is just sooooo fucking stupid. The Titans are a better team even if Kerry Collins is playing QB.

and the Jags MIGHT beat you once? God damn that is some retarded ass shit.

Texans are getting better but they will be lucky to make it to 8-8 next year. All 3 teams in their division are far superior.

bostonguy
06-16-2008, 02:33 PM
If Roidney Harrison is starting at safety again next year, the Pats secondary might be the worst in the league.

Rodney Harrison is a piece of shit who I want off this team.

ATRAIN
06-16-2008, 02:52 PM
:lmao the Vince Young hate is just sooooo fucking stupid. The Titans are a better team even if Kerry Collins is playing QB.

Texans are getting better but they will be lucky to make it to 8-8 next year. All 3 teams in their division are far superior.

Hey like I said its homer talk but VY sucks balls and if you don't see that your prob a UT homer. They were a better team WHEN Collins played. The Jags are a better team but we have always played them hard and can beat them. Will we who knows? If you think the Titans are a far better team then your a fucking idiot.

midgetonadonkey
06-16-2008, 02:57 PM

I bet you also thought they would only have 4 wins last season.

stretch
06-16-2008, 04:00 PM
They were a better team WHEN Collins played.

You know I like you ATRAIN, you seem like a cool dude, but this is a bit too bizarre, even you could admit. At the same time, I would like to know what proof there is that the Titans were better when Collins played?

Marcus Bryant
06-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Nice pickup.

10-6 sounds about right, with all 6 losses against the AFC South.

:(

Seriously, I like their playoff chances this year as long as they stay healthy and I look forward to making a couple games this season.

O-Factor
06-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Rosie is a decent pickup. Might get half a season out of him.

But the Texans still haven't soved their problem of sucking.

11-5????Playoffs???? :lmao

The Jags might steal one game from the Texans??? :lmao X2

Ignorance is funny.

monosylab1k
06-16-2008, 09:15 PM
The Jaguars will be in the Super Bowl unless the Patriots pull off an upset in the AFC Championship Game.

ATRAIN
06-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Rosie is a decent pickup. Might get half a season out of him.

But the Texans still haven't soved their problem of sucking.

11-5????Playoffs???? :lmao

The Jags might steal one game from the Texans??? :lmao X2

Ignorance is funny.

I could say the same to you and your Cowboy ignorance.

LocosPorJuana
06-17-2008, 11:53 AM
At the same time, I would like to know what proof there is that the Titans were better when Collins played?

Receivers ran routes and the foward pass was introduced:p:

Haynesworth and vandebosch are the MVPS of that team. Their line is to be feared, and it's the main reason they made the playoffs. This upcoming season, the titans' defensive attack will meet the genius mind of coach Alex gibbs, who is bringing attitude and the cut block. =)

http://static.flickr.com/66/198757000_207675be42.jpg

Spuradicator
06-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Texans are overrated by their fans, but not anybody else.

ATRAIN
06-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Texans are overrated by their fans, but not anybody else.

Its called confidence and optimisim for our team. We have been better than a few years ago and are excited about it. I bet the majority of the posters that come in hating were cowboys fans, for some reason they like to shit on us but yet they are the first to say there is no rivalry.

Spuradicator
06-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Its called confidence and optimisim for our team. We have been better than a few years ago and are excited about it. I bet the majority of the posters that come in hating were cowboys fans, for some reason they like to shit on us but yet they are the first to say there is no rivalry.

:lol A bit hypocritical on your part. You, a texans fan, are the first that felt compelled to bring the Cowboys into the discussion for no reason at all. Get over it. You are the one who has shitted on two teams first in this thread.

Oh, and optimism is 8-8, not 11-5.

And Im a Titans fan since the days of Moon.

dickface
06-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Its called confidence and optimisim for our team.

Confidence and optimism is saying they've got a shot at a wildcard spot. Homer stupidity is "the Jaguars might be able to steal one out of two from us".

ATRAIN
06-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Confidence and optimism is saying they've got a shot at a wildcard spot. Homer stupidity is "the Jaguars might be able to steal one out of two from us".

AND didnt I fucking say it was homer talk several times. Go back and read it stupid bitch.

ATRAIN
06-17-2008, 01:12 PM
:lol A bit hypocritical on your part. You, a texans fan, are the first that felt compelled to bring the Cowboys into the discussion for no reason at all. Get over it. You are the one who has shitted on two teams first in this thread.

Oh, and optimism is 8-8, not 11-5.

And Im a Titans fan since the days of Moon.

I brought in Cowboys because I know Ofactor and know how he talks the Texans down all the time. What teams did I shit on the Jags? I never said they were a shitty or bad team, I just stated that I think we can beat them. Ok so I phrased it wrong big deal. Yes I shitted on the Titans because they suck.

dickface
06-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Yes I shitted on the Titans because they suck.

:lmao they suck so bad you couldn't beat them last year

ATRAIN
06-17-2008, 01:22 PM
:lmao they suck so bad you couldn't beat them last year

We had injury problems, not an excuse I know but they still suck and your still a bitch.

dickface
06-17-2008, 01:22 PM
We had injury problems

:cry

T Park
06-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Nice pickup.

10-6 sounds about right, with all 6 losses against the AFC South.

:(

Seriously, I like their playoff chances this year as long as they stay healthy and I look forward to making a couple games this season.

Pretty much my sentiments exactly.

Spuradicator
06-17-2008, 03:43 PM
I brought in Cowboys because I know Ofactor and know how he talks the Texans down all the time. What teams did I shit on the Jags? I never said they were a shitty or bad team, I just stated that I think we can beat them. Ok so I phrased it wrong big deal. Yes I shitted on the Titans because they suck.

You're not very good at this are you?

So if the Titans suck then the Texans must really be shit huh?

Thus solidifing the argument that the Texans won't do much this year, much less make the playoffs.

And if you phrased something wrong, don't be a bitch when someone calls you out on it.