PDA

View Full Version : Young Laker team showing resolve

DazedAndConfused
06-16-2008, 03:37 PM
These are the kind of wins that build character and mental toughness in a young team. Blowing a huge 24 point lead in the previous game, which was the worst in NBA history, they could have easily folded under the pressure and collapsed as many teams do after suffering such a heart-breaking defeat.

Instead they played gutted out an ugly win and forced this series back to Boston. Game 6 is going to be the toughest game of the year for the Lakers. Kobe is going to have to have a great shooting night to put them over the top. We'll see how the MVP performs in the biggest game of his life.

thispego
06-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Lakers get Gasol for nothing and act like "mmm well this is just the way it goes with young teams mmm" :lmao gmafb! Lakers cheat and still can't win it all! :lol

tlongII
06-16-2008, 03:43 PM
D&C's username is appropriate.

dbreiden83080
06-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Resolve

They were supposed to beat this team in 5 or 6 games, not get down 3-1, blow another big lead and barely eek out a must win home game 5. If anything Lakers have been exposed as overated in this finals.

"Cue the Andrew Bynum will save the day next year talk" :rolleyes

TheMACHINE
06-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Resolve

They were supposed to beat this team in 5 or 6 games, not get down 3-1, blow another big lead and barely eek out a must win home game 5. If anything Lakers have been exposed as overated in this finals.

"Cue the Andrew Bynum will save the day next year talk" :rolleyes

Andrew Bynum will save the day next year!!!!

Cue the "If Manu had an extra day of rest, we would have beat the Lakers" talk.

Ghazi
06-16-2008, 04:48 PM
These are the kind of wins that build character and mental toughness in a young team. Blowing a huge 24 point lead in the previous game, which was the worst in NBA history, they could have easily folded under the pressure and collapsed as many teams do after suffering such a heart-breaking defeat.

Instead they played gutted out an ugly win and forced this series back to Boston. Game 6 is going to be the toughest game of the year for the Lakers. Kobe is going to have to have a great shooting night to put them over the top. We'll see how the MVP performs in the biggest game of his life.

Young? Fisher is old, Kobe is 29, Gasol is 27, odom is 27... tha'ts not "young". The young players didn't do much yet again.

Don't try to make that win out to be more than it actually was.

J21
06-16-2008, 04:58 PM

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

ElNono
06-16-2008, 05:12 PM

He'll probably fold. Like he always has done when Shaq daddy is not around.
Up 3-1 against the Suns? Fold.
Laker team not good enough? Fold.
Up 24 at home on the NBA Finals when he's the league MVP? Fold.

jmard5
06-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Nah. They will fold in time in game 6.

And you will make the same excuse that Bynum will save their franchise next season.

And Bryant will single-out someone, anyone and throw him under the bus.

And you will make the same excuse that Bynum will save their franchise next season.

Boston will get the trophy.

manufor3
06-16-2008, 06:27 PM
I predict Kobe throws Sasha "The Machine" Vuajic under the bus.

ElNono
06-16-2008, 08:21 PM
I predict Kobe throws Sasha "The Machine" Vuajic under the bus.

He was already bitching at Gasol in the 3rd quarter when they were down and he made a pass to the first row. Good thing they won, otherwise he would be probably asking to be traded again.

Capt Bringdown
06-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Lakers did finally add some drama to this series.

I think Kobe savors these kinds of opportunities, but I'm not sure about some of his teammates.

And I know damn sure KG doesn't want to be out there. Maybe Allen, too.
Pierce has proven himself to be a baller, I think it's up to him to finish off the Lakers.

Game 6 will be a ratings blockbuster.

O-Factor
06-16-2008, 09:01 PM

:downspin:

dbreiden83080
06-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Andrew Bynum will save the day next year!!!!

Just as soon as he stops hurting the same knee he does every year.

CubanMustGo
06-16-2008, 09:16 PM

Instead they played gutted out an ugly win and forced this series back to Boston.

OMFG THEY WON A HOME GAME!!! STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES!!!

Lakers08Champs
06-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Just as soon as he stops hurting the same knee he does every year.

obviously you dont follow the lakers, this is the first time bynum had problems with his knee, get ur fact straight!!

~~~~~~
06-16-2008, 10:48 PM
There's not much resolve when a player gets punked by a 38 year-old E.T. looking geezer like Cassell :lol
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd218/foghorn2112/ThrowDown.gif

ShoogarBear
06-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Kobe is not the kind of guy who will keep a team together in the long run. It wouldn't be shocking if something happens in the offseason to upset the apple cart again.

J.T.
06-16-2008, 11:29 PM
I hope Andrew Bynum massively tears his ACL in preseason and never plays another game in his life.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-16-2008, 11:43 PM
I hope Andrew Bynum massively tears his ACL in preseason and never plays another game in his life.

:lol Laker fans pulling the Bynum card is annoying yes, but dude, that's not cool

Besides, ANdrew Bynum isn't THAT much of a threat. Laker fans overrate him already as if he's another Dwight Howard or Amare.

At best he can be an Eddie Curry or a spry youthful Dampier when he comes back on that bad knee.

Jokes aside. He's got potential to be really good, but He's not an absolute or anything like Laker fans are acting. He hasn't played long enough for defenses to gameplan for him.

DazedAndConfused
06-17-2008, 12:35 AM
:lol Laker fans pulling the Bynum card is annoying yes, but dude, that's not cool

Besides, ANdrew Bynum isn't THAT much of a threat. Laker fans overrate him already as if he's another Dwight Howard or Amare.

At best he can be an Eddie Curry or a spry youthful Dampier when he comes back on that bad knee.

Jokes aside. He's got potential to be really good, but He's not an absolute or anything like Laker fans are acting. He hasn't played long enough for defenses to gameplan for him.

It's obvious you don't follow the Lakers or Bynum, but please go ahead and speak as if you are the authoritative source on him.

Before he went down he was averaging:

13 ppg
10 rpg
2 bpg
Highest FG% of any NBA player
#2 in dunks behind Howard

You don't average those kind of stats at the age of 20, in under 30 mpg, if you are a bust. The talent is definitely there, and there is no question Bynum was well on his way to putting together the pieces of the puzzle. This injury will be a setback, but I just don't see him regressing into Eddy Curry when all reports are that he will make a full recovery. The surgery that was performed was a knee scope, not microfracture surgery. Kobe has had his knees scoped twice BTW.

Another thing you don't understand is that Bynum doesn't have to be as good as Amare or Howard for the Lakers to be dominant. They already have so many players who can carry the offensive load, they just need Bynum to be a defensive anchor for the team. Defenses can't gameplan for Bynum because they already have to worry about Kobe, Gasol, Odom, and even Fisher camping out for 3's. He can't be left alone under the basket which means more room for Kobe to operate. He frees everyone up with his mere presence as the opposing team's bigmen cannot roam as freely.

mystargtr34
06-17-2008, 12:59 AM
It's obvious you don't follow the Lakers or Bynum, but please go ahead and speak as if you are the authoritative source on him.

Before he went down he was averaging:

13 ppg
10 rpg
2 bpg
Highest FG% of any NBA player
#2 in dunks behind Howard

You don't average those kind of stats at the age of 20, in under 30 mpg, if you are a bust. The talent is definitely there, and there is no question Bynum was well on his way to putting together the pieces of the puzzle. This injury will be a setback, but I just don't see him regressing into Eddy Curry when all reports are that he will make a full recovery. The surgery that was performed was a knee scope, not microfracture surgery. Kobe has had his knees scoped twice BTW.

Another thing you don't understand is that Bynum doesn't have to be as good as Amare or Howard for the Lakers to be dominant. They already have so many players who can carry the offensive load, they just need Bynum to be a defensive anchor for the team. Defenses can't gameplan for Bynum because they already have to worry about Kobe, Gasol, Odom, and even Fisher camping out for 3's. He can't be left alone under the basket which means more room for Kobe to operate. He frees everyone up with his mere presence as the opposing team's bigmen cannot roam as freely.

Pretty accurate IMO but i think Lakers move Odom in the summer for a perimeter 3.

Firstly, because Odom does his best work down low and their just wont be any room their once Bynum and Pau are playing together. Hes talented and all, but he wont be able to defend most 3's out on the perimeter, they should move him for Shawn Marion, i think Miami does that deal... and they could bring Haslem off the bench or move him altogether for a Center.

Secondly, Radmanovic is a bench player on a championship team... hes had far too many break downs and gaffes defensively on a contender.

Odom should, and will be moved in the summer IMO... and Lakers will probably be better off for it.

DazedAndConfused
06-17-2008, 01:16 AM
Pretty accurate IMO but i think Lakers move Odom in the summer for a perimeter 3.

Firstly, because Odom does his best work down low and their just wont be any room their once Bynum and Pau are playing together. Hes talented and all, but he wont be able to defend most 3's out on the perimeter, they should move him for Shawn Marion, i think Miami does that deal... and they could bring Haslem off the bench or move him altogether for a Center.

Secondly, Radmanovic is a bench player on a championship team... hes had far too many break downs and gaffes defensively on a contender.

Odom should, and will be moved in the summer IMO... and Lakers will probably be better off for it.

Couldn't agree more. We all love Odom because he's the ultimate team player but I just can't see him fitting in at the 3 spot. Defenders already disrespect his outside shot, when he moves to the 3 it will only get worse. We need someone who can legitimately stretch the floor out to allow proper spacing at the 3.

Odom for Marion is an interesting proposition. I know Marion can hit the 3-ball at a decent clip, but how is his defense at the SF spot? I would do Odom for Haslem/Marion in a heart beat if Miami was offering that. Haslem is the perfect backup PF for the triangle.

mystargtr34
06-17-2008, 01:31 AM
Odom and Marion's salaries are pretty much spot on if i remember correctly... dont think Miami throws in Haslem...unless LA throws in some young pieces.... also Buss probably would prefer Marion because hes expiring in 09 (the year Bynum is due for an extension)... and Marion would probably resign again anyway but for alot less.

Marion's defense? Radmanovic makes him look like Scottie Pippen thats for sure...hes probably a top 5 perimeter defender in the league.. it would be a massive upgrade. Odom is actually incredibly similar to Michael Beasley... so that will probably be even more reason for them to make the deal given they need an inside player.... and then take OJ Mayo in the draft.

Seems like a perfect fit to me... for both.

Condemned 2 HelLA
06-17-2008, 01:32 AM
anwy2MPT5RE

Spurtacus
06-17-2008, 01:50 AM

Come on man. That's not cool. Show some respect. Don't stoop down to the low life Lakers fans (not going to mention any names!) on this board.

Critter
06-17-2008, 02:07 AM

you really have an attitude problem, cunt

Spurtacus
06-17-2008, 02:11 AM
you really have an attitude problem, cunt

Its the internet. :rolleyes

DazedAndConfused
06-17-2008, 02:18 AM
Come on man. That's not cool. Show some respect. Don't stoop down to the low life Lakers fans (not going to mention any names!) on this board.

Actually no Laker fan on here has ever wished injury on a Spur player. Your fans are in a class all to themselves.

Spurtacus
06-17-2008, 02:21 AM
Actually no Laker fan on here has ever wished injury on a Spur player. Your fans are in a class all to themselves.

So you've read every post on this board? Wow, where do I get the 28 hour pill?

angelbelow
06-17-2008, 02:27 AM
nice win by the lakers, but the celtics made some mistakes they dont normally make, kg played like he didnt care, probably wont happen again in boston. besides, did the celtics really prefer to win in LA?

O-Factor
06-17-2008, 09:09 AM

Uh, yes some have. And you continue to throw your ignorance in our faces.:rolleyes

m33p0
06-17-2008, 09:21 AM
resolve?!

MavDynasty
06-17-2008, 09:40 AM

Shut the fuck up.

Critter
06-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Its the internet. :rolleyes

i guess you didnt see the joke?

slayermin
06-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Resolved to lose it in Boston.

Mr. Body
06-17-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm not seeing the resolve.

O-Factor
06-17-2008, 09:30 PM
Where is this so-called resolve?????

CubanMustGo
06-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Resolved to embarrass the WC

The Franchise
06-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Where is this so-called resolve?????

It's at Shaqs house.:lol

Sherlock Holmes
06-17-2008, 09:48 PM
These are the kind of losses that show a weak mentally team who cannot play against pressure and show a very flaky MVP.

O-Factor
06-17-2008, 09:50 PM
73-46...embarassing. No heart and definitely no resolve D&C

O-Factor
06-17-2008, 10:00 PM
young Rondo showing resolve

Budkin
06-17-2008, 10:01 PM
so much for that "resolve." :lmao

ElNono
06-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Kobe = fold. You heard it here first!
Shaq must be laughing his ass off tonight.

O-Factor
06-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Dear Lakers,

You never had me.

Regards,
Resolve

Gino
06-17-2008, 10:36 PM
http://www.hawaii.edu/hga/Img2/Misc/FoldHat2.gif

Spurtacus
06-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Resolve? More like back to the drawing board.

anakha
06-17-2008, 10:56 PM
39 points worth of resolve right there. :lmao

ShoogarBear
06-17-2008, 11:01 PM
Young Laker team showing dissolve.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-17-2008, 11:05 PM
:lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-17-2008, 11:17 PM
:lmao @ this thread

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Rondo >>> Farmar , the Machine, Radman, Turiaf combined.

So much for the young squad.