PDA

View Full Version : FTP Programs? What do you suggest?

Brutalis
06-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Seeing how I am on satellite internet running a torrent doesn't work as the download would be interrupted constantly, what P2P would you recommend?

Limewire is all I know of, but it sucks.

NASpurs
06-16-2008, 04:24 PM
When you say FTP, do you mean a program where you connect to an FTP server and download off that IP address? I haven't used Limewire in a long time so excuse me for being ignorant since I didn't know it had FTP capabilities or are you talking about a P2P program?

Ok to answer your question, if you mean an FTP server/FTP combo I like to use Filezilla and its Filezilla server program.

balli
06-16-2008, 05:35 PM
http://www.whatsrapidshare.com/

What is Rapidshare? How to use Rapidshare and How to get everything you ever wanted.

If you’re looking to learn about Rapidshare (www.rapidshare.com) and file sharing you have come to the right place. If you don’t already know what Rapidshare is, prepare to be blown away. In this blog I will be fully explaining what Rapidshare is and how to use it and if you’re like most people reading this right now you probably have no idea what Rapidshare actually is.

So let’s begin. RapidShare is basically a German One-click hosting site that operates from Switzerland and is financed by the subscriptions of paying users. It operates as a pay service, allowing any member to upload files of up to 100MB. The user is then supplied with a unique download URL, which locates the file and enables anyone with whom the uploader shares it to download the file.

More simply all this means is that Rapidshare has a bunch of these servers; these servers are loaded with anything and everything you could ever think of. Every game, every program/application, every movie, every song, every e-book, literally anything that can be stored on a hard drive, you can find on the Rapidshare servers. Basically anything you’re looking for your guaranteed to find. Missed an episode of your favorite TV series?, no worries you can download that episode right away. Need some expensive computer software, you got it! You can even download e-books on pretty much anything you can think of. But that’s not all, its gets better; Rapidshare is extremely fast when it comes to downloads. I’m talking downloading full DVD quality movies in a matter of 10-20 minutes. You are not capped, you can download as fast as your internet can possibly go.

Rapidshare is such a big site, it is ridiculous. In fact the original website was www.rapidshare.de, but the servers got full and they started www.rapidshare.com. It ranks as one of the most visited websites in the world, and as far as traffic goes it competes with the major websites like Google and Yahoo. You can check out their rating on Alexa. Click here

Now you might be asking, where do all these files and games and movies come from? The answer is you! There are literally thousands of people uploading tons of information every second of every day on Rapidshare. Now this doesn’t mean, you gotta start uploading stuff, if you just want to download stuff, that’s perfectly fine.

So at this point you’re probably convinced that Rapidshare is all you'll ever need when it comes to getting any type of file on the internet, and the truth of the matter is your absolutely right. You really don’t need anything besides this service.

So now you’re probably wondering what exactly the catch is. Well like all good things in life, there is a cost involved. Rapidshare is however free, but if you’re a serious downloader you’re gonna eventually want to get a premium account. The difference is much faster downloads, and you will soon realize that getting a premium account is mandatory. When you upload a file to Rapidshare it gets broken down into a bunch of links, each file will be on average 100mb. So if you upload a 600 megabyte movie there will be 6 files to download. If you have premium access you just copy and paste the links into a program called Flashget (this is all fully explained in the tutorial section, click the downloading link for more information) and let it automatically download all the files. Just set it and forget it. However, if you’re a free user and don’t have premium access you have to download the files individually one by one, you can’t download more than 1 file at a time and you have to wait a certain period of time between downloads, usually a couple of minutes to an hour. The whole process of downloading becomes very tedious.

Now you may be wondering where to find all the links to download all the great stuff that you want. The reality is that there are Rapidshare forums and links all over the internet. But really you only need one site, it is the world’s first official Rapidshare forum, located at www.rapidfind.org, it is the first and last site you will ever need to get anything from movies to games to music.

So how much does it exactly cost? Well depending on how long of a subscription you want you can expect to pay anywhere from 10 dollars for a 1 month subscription, or around 23 dollars for a 3 month subscription. You can also get subscriptions up to 1 year.

The prices are very affordable when you consider all the great stuff you'll be downloading. What makes it even better is that if you upload files you can accumulate points, which in turn extend the life of your subscription. So if you upload enough you can prolong the life of your premium access to Rapidshare for however long you chose. But once again this is not mandatory.

Brutalis
06-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Mybad I meant P2P, had a bone for lunch sorries.

Leetonidas
06-16-2008, 07:08 PM
mp3rocket.

circ
06-16-2008, 08:53 PM
whatcha downloadin?

Dex
06-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Wait, this isn't Wood Shop?

Brutalis
06-18-2008, 11:01 PM
wasted