PDA

View Full Version : RealGM Mock Draft - Version 10.0

SenorSpur
06-16-2008, 09:07 PM
For those interested, RealGM just released their latest version of their mock draft. With the announcement of the withdrawal of some draftees, there are some interesting projections.

For those mildly interested in the hometown team, here is who they projected for the Spurs pick #26. Go figure!

26. Kyle Weaver
Combo Guard. Washington State

Weaver can play both guard positions, can defend at an extremely high defensive level against three positions and is the intangible player who fits San Antonio's system perfectly. His perimeter shot needs a lot of work, but he does enough other things well to be an immediate contributor on a Spurs' team that needs to get better quickly.

For those wanting to see the entire mock draft, here you go:

http://realgm.com/src_feature/1266/20080616/2008_nba_mock_draft_version_101_(post_withdraw_edi tion)/

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-16-2008, 09:08 PM
RealGM mock draft blows.

Mr. Body
06-16-2008, 09:08 PM
It's just bad. They've made a lot of bad choices. I do think Weaver is a decent choice in the 2nd somewhere, although he could be a taller Reggie Geary.

SenorSpur
06-16-2008, 09:20 PM
The dilemma presented here for the Spurs, in this version of their mock, is that most of their targeted draftees (Rush, Batum, Chalmers) are all gone. Only CDR remains on the board at the Spurs pick. I wonder how the Spurs actually rate CDR's value him versus Weaver?

Another interesting scenario here is they have Rush going to Utah at #23. If Rush did indeed drop all the way into the 20's, I highly doubt Utah would be the team taking him. I can see Houston @ #25, but not Utah. I still believe Utah to be interested in Hibbert.