PDA

View Full Version : Baghdad Mayor: erect a statue of Bush

NeoConIV
01-31-2005, 09:58 AM
Guess everyone has heard this by now.

--------------------------------------
PRO-U.S. MAYOR HAS TARGET ON HIS BACK

By JOSH WILLIAMS

January 30, 2005 -- BAGHDAD — The man replacing the mayor of Baghdad — who was assassinated for his pro-American loyalties — says he is not worried about his ties to Washington.
In fact, he'd like to erect a monument to honor President Bush in the middle of the city.

"We will build a statue for Bush," said Ali Fadel, the former provincial council chairman. "He is the symbol of freedom."

Fadel's predecessor, Ali al-Haidari, was gunned down Jan. 4 when militants opened fire on his armor-covered BMW as it traveled with a three-car convoy.

Fadel said he received numerous threats on his life as the council chairman, and expects to get many more in his new post.

"My life is cheap," Fadel said. "Everything is cheap for my country."

As Iraq prepared for a volatile election that is being watched across the world, Fadel heaped praise on the United States.

Fadel acknowledged that many in his country appear ungrateful for America's foreign assistance. He said most Iraqis are still in "shock" over the changes, and need time to adjust.

Any public monument to Bush is likely to further incense terrorist forces, who have attacked American troops and their supporters for months.

Fadel said he is undaunted.

"We have a lot of work and we are especially grateful to the soldiers of the U.S.A. for freeing our country of tyranny," Fadel said.

As for his own protection, the new mayor will be traveling in a new $150,000 SUV complete with bulletproof windows and flat-resistant tires.

http://www.nypost.com/news/worldnews/39526.htm

exstatic
01-31-2005, 10:49 AM
I have a better idea. If these people love shrub SO MUCH, why don't we donate him to Iraq as their new president.

SpursWoman
01-31-2005, 10:51 AM
teehee

travis2
01-31-2005, 10:52 AM
I have a better idea. If these people love shrub SO MUCH, why don't we donate him to Iraq as their new president.

I happen to like him.

But they can have John Kerry, Barbara Boxer, and their cronies. That is, if they want them.

Not holding my breath there.

violentkitten
01-31-2005, 10:59 AM
soon enough some will clamor in this country for a statue to honor our lord our savior george w bush

Hook Dem
01-31-2005, 11:56 AM
While I am a Bush supporter, even I am against this! Didn't we just get rid of one statue?

dcole50
01-31-2005, 11:59 AM
:lol

i actually laughed out loud about this. several people at work are now staring at me.

iagree with hook dem and other about the statue.

NeoConIV
01-31-2005, 12:00 PM
Two ironies...

The American military remains vastly supportive of Bush and the mission, even after the taking all the casualties. The left, generally does not support the mission or Bush. So it's perfectly fine to be angry at the casualties our military has taken, perfectly fine to protest it on the mountaintops, but what does it say when the institution who are taking these losses are still overwhelming for the mission?

The left have erected mock effigies of President Bush in anti-war protests, now the mayor of Baghdad is suggesting a statue of President Bush.

Hook Dem
01-31-2005, 12:02 PM
I have a better idea Ex. Why don't we donate you ? I just happen to have 2 cans of bronze paint in the garage that I will donate! :lol

violentkitten
01-31-2005, 12:14 PM
Two ironies...

The American military remains vastly supportive of Bush and the mission, even after the taking all the casualties. The left, generally does not support the mission or Bush. So it's perfectly fine to be angry at the casualties our military has taken, perfectly fine to protest it on the mountaintops, but what does it say when the institution who are taking these losses are still overwhelming for the mission?

The left have erected mock effigies of President Bush in anti-war protests, now the mayor of Baghdad is suggesting a statue of President Bush.

fuck man get ahold of yourself. i also like how you magically read the minds of our servicemen and women and know what they want. of course they are gonna say publicly that they are for the mission thats what theyve been conditioned to do. plus they are professionals so i expect nothing less. its easy for you to be a hero when its not your blood being spilled

exstatic
01-31-2005, 02:20 PM
Shouldn't the Religious Reich be all up in arms about the idolitrous nature of said statue?

Marcus Garvey
01-31-2005, 02:44 PM
What a coincidence. My statue is erect right now.

Yonivore
01-31-2005, 02:58 PM
soon enough some will clamor in this country for a statue to honor our lord our savior george w bush
Nah, more likely he'll be added to Mount Rushmore.

While I am a Bush supporter, even I am against this! Didn't we just get rid of one statue?
There is a difference between statues erected to honor oneself and those erected in honor of a national hero.

dcole50
01-31-2005, 03:03 PM
Nah, more likely he'll be added to Mount Rushmore.
what's sad is that there's a small part of me that believes yoni is not kidding.

violentkitten
01-31-2005, 03:04 PM
no hes not this is his problem.

Yonivore
01-31-2005, 03:08 PM
what's sad is that there's a small part of me that believes yoni is not kidding.
Go for the whole part of you...because, I'm not kidding.

dcole50
01-31-2005, 03:16 PM
that's the single most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. of all the presidents ... i mean .. this .. hahah.

they are going to add bush's face to mount rushmore? hahahah.

Yonivore
01-31-2005, 03:20 PM
that's the single most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. of all the presidents ... i mean .. this .. hahah.

they are going to add bush's face to mount rushmore? hahahah.
Yep.

violentkitten
01-31-2005, 03:26 PM
as long as the population of this country is made up of little stormtroopers like him i wouldnt be surprised

dcole50
01-31-2005, 03:31 PM
So, in the future, the faces on Mount Rushmore will be Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, and George Bush.

Sorry, Reagan. Sorry, FDR. We didn't alter Mount Rushmore for you .. but we will for Dubya!

Give me a fucking break. I'm not trying to act like Clinton deserves to be there. Because I'm a rational human being.

Yonivore
01-31-2005, 03:38 PM
So, in the future, the faces on Mount Rushmore will be Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, and George Bush.

Sorry, Reagan. Sorry, FDR. We didn't alter Mount Rushmore for you .. but we will for Dubya!

Give me a fucking break. I'm not trying to act like Clinton deserves to be there. Because I'm a rational human being.
I believe if President Bush's doctrine of pre-emptive war is recognized for the brilliant strategy it's proving out to be and if the foreign policy strategy his is instituting now leads to the end of significant global terrorism; yeah, he'll be greater than Reagan or FDR. Although, you could make a strong case for Reagan since he won the Cold War.

FDR only prolonged the depression with the social constructs and then saddled our country with tit-sucking do nothings for generations to come.

violentkitten
01-31-2005, 03:39 PM
so when does it end man? this idea that a president goes out and declares a war on anyone he pleases and then we have to accept it because if we dont then we are traitors is not exactly something i find acceptable.

dcole50
01-31-2005, 03:42 PM
I believe if President Bush's doctrine of pre-emptive war is recognized for the brilliant strategy it's proving out to be

i .. i don't know where to begin. i'm tired. i've wasted an hour arguing with you. it's like arguing with a long winded brick wall. i quit.

you win. bush is a genius. thank god we invaded iraq. i feel safe now. let's tear down the washington monument and build a big statue of him in dc so we can all marvel at how superior he and his supporters are.

bye. see you all in the sports section.

Yonivore
01-31-2005, 03:45 PM
i .. i don't know where to begin. i'm tired. i've wasted an hour arguing with you. it's like arguing with a long winded brick wall. i quit.

you win. bush is a genius. thank god we invaded iraq. i feel safe now. let's tear down the washington monument and build a big statue of him in dc so we can all marvel at how superior he and his supporters are.

bye. see you all in the sports section.
Nah, leave the Washington monument.

Clandestino
01-31-2005, 06:51 PM
fuck man get ahold of yourself. i also like how you magically read the minds of our servicemen and women and know what they want. of course they are gonna say publicly that they are for the mission thats what theyve been conditioned to do. plus they are professionals so i expect nothing less. its easy for you to be a hero when its not your blood being spilled

when were you in the military? the military is never conditioned to do anything politically.. when i was in i was a clinton supporter and could debate normally with anyone... but yes, most of the military is republican.. the only thing the military is programmed to do is their job... there are no courses on politics or any other bs like that.. sad to burst your bubble..

Mr Dio
02-01-2005, 09:45 PM
What a coincidence. My statue is erect right now

Mucus, you couldn't get erect unless your Daddy plays with you like your uncle did when you were 12yo. Oops, you are 12yo!