PDA

View Full Version : RROD 360 towel trick

stretch
06-17-2008, 09:52 AM
got the red ring of death, so i tried the towel trick last night and it worked :hat

BruceBowenFan
06-17-2008, 10:17 AM
good luck with that most likely it will probably last you a week then rrod all over again.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-17-2008, 10:39 AM
What's the towel trick?

stretch
06-17-2008, 10:39 AM
yea i know. its only a temp fix, usually lasts a short time. it still has the warranty on it. just too lazy to take it in, so this is my lazy fix to get a quick game of Halo in, lol.

stretch
06-17-2008, 10:41 AM
What's the towel trick?

if you get the RROD, then you take any CD out, take the HDD off, wrap the xbox completely up in towels or blankets so that it gets no ventilation at all. turn it on for about 15 minutes, then turn it off. let it cool off for about 10-15 minutes, then it should work again... but only temporarily.

johnsmith
06-17-2008, 10:58 AM
yea i know. its only a temp fix, usually lasts a short time. it still has the warranty on it. just too lazy to take it in, so this is my lazy fix to get a quick game of Halo in, lol.

Stretch, what's your user name on halo so I can look you up?

stretch
06-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Stretch, what's your user name on halo so I can look you up?

beenieweenie69

i havent played in months, but lately have been playing a bit more. i dont have a real high level though, mainly because i didnt play a lot of ranked games because a friend was always wanting to play as well, and he didnt have an account so i had to play social games. i compete just fine with guys in the 30s and low 40s, so im guessing if i played more ranked games, i would be around the 30s right now.

what is your username?

johnsmith
06-17-2008, 11:30 AM
AgileMaxPower.

When I first signed up I wanted Max Power (ala Homer Simpsons new name) and it was already taken, so they recommended that name. I was unaware that I'd have to use that gay name for this long.

Hit me up or send a friend request next time you get on. You have to have the Caps part right to find me as well.

A buddy of mine in Florida and I play a few nights a week after work.

stretch
06-17-2008, 11:38 AM
AgileMaxPower.

When I first signed up I wanted Max Power (ala Homer Simpsons new name) and it was already taken, so they recommended that name. I was unaware that I'd have to use that gay name for this long.

Hit me up or send a friend request next time you get on. You have to have the Caps part right to find me as well.

A buddy of mine in Florida and I play a few nights a week after work.

cool. i may be on either tonight, or tomorrow night.

Banzai
06-17-2008, 12:00 PM
better get the coffin ready.

stretch
06-17-2008, 01:17 PM
better get the coffin ready.

why do you say that

Slydragon
06-17-2008, 04:07 PM
you know you can change the gamertag. It will cost you some microsoft points but if you really want to change it you can.

stretch
06-17-2008, 04:15 PM
you know you can change the gamertag. It will cost you some microsoft points but if you really want to change it you can.

who me?

robino2001
06-17-2008, 04:28 PM
I thought the RROD towel trick was in order to force the cause of the RROD to appear to be overheating, therefore making it warranty-covered by MS. I don't think I ever realized it would restart the console (albeit briefly it appears).

stretch
06-17-2008, 04:44 PM
I thought the RROD towel trick was in order to force the cause of the RROD to appear to be overheating, therefore making it warranty-covered by MS. I don't think I ever realized it would restart the console (albeit briefly it appears).

from my understanding, its cuz there is a poorly done soldering job on some part, so the extra heat kinda rewarps it into the correct position temporarily, or something like that.

BruceBowenFan
06-17-2008, 06:28 PM

or you can severeal people complain about your screen name and then you can change it for free

Slydragon
06-17-2008, 09:37 PM
or you can severeal people complain about your screen name and then you can change it for free

Yea but, AgileMaxPower is not going to get to many complaints. So I think if he wants to change it he will need to pay.

johnsmith
06-18-2008, 07:41 AM
I refuse to pay anymore money then I already do to Xbox. I bought the 360 for $400.00, I buy games for $60.00, I pay a yearly fee to live for $50.00. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for having my name changed or buy new maps and shit.

Besides, most everyone I play with are friends of mine in real life so we call eachother by our actual names anyway.

johnsmith
06-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Stretch, I sent you a friend invite yesterday. I probably won't be on again until the weekend though.