PDA

View Full Version : Hoopsworld Rumors: Artest Considering Opt-Out?

duncan228
06-17-2008, 10:46 AM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?STORY_ID=9099

Rumors: Artest Considering Opt-Out?
By: Eric Pincus

RUMOR HAS IT…
Today's section is geared exclusively towards the latest rumors floating around the NBA …

Opting Out? Multiple sources tell HOOPSWORLD that Ron Artest is seriously considering opting out of the final year of his contract. Artest can stick with the Sacramento Kings for one final year at $7.4 million or choose to become an unrestricted free agent this summer.

Should Artest choose to opt out, he would likely look for a full Mid Level Exception (MLE) deal with a championship contender such as the Los Angeles Lakers, San Antonio Spurs or even the New Orleans Hornets.

The current MLE starts at $5.356 million. While it may climb slightly, Artest is said to be open to the idea of a five-year, $31 million contract. One source says Artest believes he's worth far more than that, but is coming to grips with the NBA's tightening economic climate.

Very few teams have cap room this summer. Unless the Kings are willing to give Artest a long-term extension, he'd be in a similar situation next year. There may be a few more teams with space, but there's a high probability they're unwilling to spend it on a player with such a "difficult" reputation.

Artest has somewhat avoided trouble in Sacramento but he did have numerous run-ins with Coach Reggie Theus this past season.

If Artest embraces the notion that he may never get a deal larger than the MLE, he may forgo the additional ~$2.1 million to stay with the Kings and lock in as much long term money as he can this summer.

The Spurs are said to have tremendous interest. The talent alongside the big three of Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili is waning. Artest would give San Antonio a worthy successor to the 37-year old Bruce Bowen.

It's a little trickier with the Lakers considering the contracts they have committed to Vladimir Radmanovic and Luke Walton. Since neither has made a particularly high impact this season, LA may be open to the idea despite the financial repercussions.

Coach Phil Jackson has always been interested in Artest. Imagine the team currently playing in the NBA Finals with the addition of Artest along with the return of Andrew Bynum. Artest also has a strong relationship with both Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom.

It's difficult to say if the Hornets would have interest. They need a shooting guard but creative lineups with Peja Stojakovic and Artest could bolster their chances in the Western Conference.

As far as the potential for a sign and trade, the Kings aren't going to take in any players or salary they don't covet. To acquire a risky player like Artest, few teams are going to give up choice assets to make tempt Sacramento into a deal.

Multiple sources are clear that Artest hasn't yet decided. He's waffled back and forth on this one even before the regular season came to a close.

His ultimate decision could have a major impact on next year's playoff picture.

Elton Staying or Going? Elton Brand of the Los Angeles Clippers is another player with a big decision looming. He can invoke his early termination option and forgo the final $16.4 million he's set to earn next season.

It appears unlikely that Brand would be able to recoup that full amount on the open market, but he may look to move on from a team that peaked two seasons ago.

The question that Brand has to consider carefully is where exactly can he go to get paid?

Very few teams have cap room. The Golden State Warriors might if Baron Davis opts out and the team lets Andris Biedrins walk, but that appears unlikely. Even if Monta Ellis re-signed, Brand might be better off in LA.

The Charlotte Bobcats can only get under the cap by renouncing the rights to (or trading) Emeka Okafor.

The Grizzlies do have cap room but after trading Pau Gasol to the Lakers, they don't exactly appear close to putting together a championship contender.

The only way the Miami HEAT can get under the cap is if Shawn Marion opts out. If he does, Brand is said to have serious interest in Miami.

Seattle has a little bit of cap space but not enough for Brand. It would take both Gilbert Arenas and Antawn Jamison walking from the Wizards to create cap space in Washington.

The one team that looks like a viable destination would be the Philadelphia 76ers. They should have slightly over $11 million in space. The Sixers are coming off a bounce-back season with their impressive (albeit losing) playoff performance against the Detroit Pistons.

In the end, Brand and his agent David Falk need to decide if it's worth leaving LA to lock in a long-term deal - or just finish out his contract and wait for a better market. An extension with the Clippers is not out of the question, but Brand wants to make sure he's best in a position to win as well as get paid.

Clippers: Of course the Clippers want to keep both Elton Brand and Corey Maggette. They have a better shot to do so than either player might have thought going into the offseason.

Cap room is scarce and the Clippers are only going to sign and trade Maggette if they get the perfect return. LA is desperate for a point guard and has some long term concerns at shooting guard. They may answer one of those needs in the upcoming draft.

The Clippers will not extend a $5.8 million qualifying offer to Shaun Livingston who is still recovering from knee surgery. Should they lose all three, LA would stand to have more cap room than just about any team in the league.

In addition to a core of Chris Kaman, Al Thornton and the seventh pick in the draft, LA could have about $25 million in space if both Brand and Maggette simply walk away from the Clippers.

It's the plan of last resort but the rebuilding effort would get a jump start from free agents desperately looking for teams with cap room.

A.H 21-50
06-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Interesting if he opts out

his agent said that they will look at an mle deal

i take him without thinking , he seems to be mature and professional now

bigdog
06-17-2008, 10:52 AM
this would be perfect if he's really looking for an MLE deal.

but, it's a hoopsworld article so it's probably just garbage.

AA2120
06-17-2008, 10:52 AM
sign his ass up!

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-17-2008, 10:55 AM
Sure, why not.

Kermit
06-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Hoopsworld. The National Enquirer of the basketball world.

Supergirl
06-17-2008, 11:02 AM
How old is Artest? I thought he was over 30 as well?

wildbill2u
06-17-2008, 11:03 AM
He's said he'd like to play with Kobe--and the Lakers can afford whatever the cost in luxury taxes.

But we ought to make an offer. I didn't think we should take him, but I've changed my mind. He seems to have been taking his meds this year. :-)

Mr. Body
06-17-2008, 11:04 AM

Almost. Give years at his age may not be wise, though the MLE isn't a ton of money.

Extra Stout
06-17-2008, 11:06 AM
The residue on the toilet paper from my morning bowel movement has more credible NBA news than Hoopsworld does.

jag
06-17-2008, 11:13 AM

He's 28 so i honestly wouldn't mind giving him the MLE with a 5 year deal. It'd definitely be a gamble considering he'd be 33/34 at the end of his contract... but the guy is in incredible physical shape...the biggest worry is obviously the voices inside his head.

But we ought to make an offer. I didn't think we should take him, but I've changed my mind. He seems to have been taking his meds this year. :-)

He needs more than meds...but the Spurs need more than Barry, Jacque, and Ime off the bench.

A.H 21-50
06-17-2008, 11:17 AM
this would be perfect if he's really looking for an MLE deal.

but, it's a hoopsworld article so it's probably just garbage.

some quotes of ron artest's agent

Amick: And what if the only guarantee you have is that he'll be paid $7.4 million next year and have no indication beyond that point?

Stevens: Ron is thankful to the Maloofs. It's their right to say $7.4 million is what we're prepared to pay you, and let's talk next summer. And if that is said, then that's the decision that Ron has to make - what does he want to do? If they say that, it's a decision him and his family have to make.

If you look at the market, there's only four teams, five teams maybe, that have the ability to pay him (what he is hoping to make). If he opts out, it's obvious we're looking at a midlevel exception deal (approximately $6 million per season). The good thing is, everybody knows where everybody's at. Ron fully understands that if he opts out, he runs the risk of Sacramento saying, 'OK, opt out, you can leave and we won't get nothing for you or we can do a sign and trade.' Or Ron runs the risk of knowing he's open to the free market and he might get midlevel exception. All the cards are definitely on the table...You have to make a decision and live with it.

Texas_Ranger
06-17-2008, 11:21 AM
Bring Ron-Ron. He's great. At least he's not that old.

jag
06-17-2008, 11:24 AM
some quotes of ron artest's agent

Amick: And what if the only guarantee you have is that he'll be paid $7.4 million next year and have no indication beyond that point?

Stevens: Ron is thankful to the Maloofs. It's their right to say $7.4 million is what we're prepared to pay you, and let's talk next summer. And if that is said, then that's the decision that Ron has to make - what does he want to do? If they say that, it's a decision him and his family have to make.

If you look at the market, there's only four teams, five teams maybe, that have the ability to pay him (what he is hoping to make). If he opts out, it's obvious we're looking at a midlevel exception deal (approximately $6 million per season). The good thing is, everybody knows where everybody's at. Ron fully understands that if he opts out, he runs the risk of Sacramento saying, 'OK, opt out, you can leave and we won't get nothing for you or we can do a sign and trade.' Or Ron runs the risk of knowing he's open to the free market and he might get midlevel exception. All the cards are definitely on the table...You have to make a decision and live with it.

The money is there...i just wonder what Pop and RC think of Ron and if they're seriously considering this. I also wonder how true the rumors are of the Spurs going after him around the trade deadline.

Cherry
06-17-2008, 11:26 AM
No, thanks. Ron-Ron is crazy

K-State Spur
06-17-2008, 11:29 AM
He might be a worthwhile gamble.

But I would not touch him for 5 years.

Maybe a 1 or 2 year contract might be enticing to him as he could showcase himself on a Championship contender and raise his value above MLE status.

Marcus Bryant
06-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Sure. As long as he doesn't eat somebody.

wisnub
06-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Sign him up..He's still 28 and already on top of his game altough his head sometimes crack up. Thats a no brainer decision. With TD, TP,Manu,Artest...Bowen can retire if he wants or still be on roster as he wish. Who knows Udoka will improve even more next year? I also got high hope for Ian Mahinmi. Fans will got no heart attack this time...Championship is assured!!! :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2:

If its true...SIGN HIM UP!!!!!

xtremesteven33
06-17-2008, 11:51 AM
PG-Parker
SG-Ginobili
SF-Artest
PF-Duncan
C-Oberto

thats scary good

xtremesteven33
06-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Also Artest has mad respect for Duncan

m33p0
06-17-2008, 12:00 PM
hopefully, if the FO does take a look at him, he won't be the first option. he's good, but he does have some heavy luggage. nevertheless, if the spurs manage to land him, gaddam!

Guajalote
06-17-2008, 12:01 PM
With all the talk about whether JR Smith is worth the risk, isn't Artest in that same boat? IYO, how does the risk stack up between the two? And do the two different skill sets make either more or less worth the risk?

Mr. Body
06-17-2008, 12:03 PM
PG-Parker
SG-Ginobili
SF-Artest
PF-Duncan
C-Oberto

thats scary good

Or at least scary.

Artest, although insane, doesn't seem the kind to demand to be top dog. He's aggressive, emotionally needy, but doesn't need to be the focus or leader. If anything he's the bloodthirsty lieutenant type very happy to take orders. That may be one of his problems so far: there's never been a leader to fall behind. Not Adelman, not Bibby, not Jermaine O'Neal, nobody. Duncan and Pop would be guys he'd happily serve.

m33p0
06-17-2008, 12:04 PM
With all the talk about whether JR Smith is worth the risk, isn't Artest in that same boat? IYO, how does the risk stack up between the two? And do the two different skill sets make either more or less worth the risk?
if its between smith and artest, i'll go with artest. he provides more flexibility at the frontcourt not to mention a much needed boost on rebounding.

Mr. Body
06-17-2008, 12:05 PM

Artest does a whole hell of a lot besides hit three pointers. He has game-winning capabilities all by himself, where a jumpshooter can only get hot in streaks. He's a dominant defender and one of the top players in the game. JR Smith is none of these things. There's risk in both cases, but for the same money the reward is far higher in the case of Artest.

xtremesteven33
06-17-2008, 12:13 PM
hypothetically, if artest were to join the spurs do you all think Ginobili,Artest,Parker and Duncan would be too much power for a starting lineup? yea Manu could come off the bench but who would be our SG than?

Finley?

wisnub
06-17-2008, 12:27 PM
hypothetically, if artest were to join the spurs do you all think Ginobili,Artest,Parker and Duncan would be too much power for a starting lineup? yea Manu could come off the bench but who would be our SG than?

Finley?

wELL. Barry can start..he did good at playoffs..or Udoka. You are correct, Fantastic 4 on the lineup at the same time is ttoo much, and we got wonderful superstar like ginobili who didnt mind coming off the becnh as long as the team racks W.

" Its all about the team"

xtremesteven33
06-17-2008, 12:32 PM
wELL. Barry can start..he did good at playoffs..or Udoka. You are correct, Fantastic 4 on the lineup at the same time is ttoo much, and we got wonderful superstar like ginobili who didnt mind coming off the becnh as long as the team racks W.

" Its all about the team"

im thinking if Spurs can somehow get Artest, they will keep Finley and Barry as solid proven backups. than maybe it would look like this.

PG-Parker
SG-Finley/Ginobili
SF-Artest/Bowen
PF-Duncan/Mahimni
C-Oberto/Thomas

DazedAndConfused
06-17-2008, 12:35 PM
It's highly doubtful Ron Artest would ever go to San Antonio. The man is as much interested in basketball as he is in movies, music, and the entertainment business in general. It's more likely he goes to a major media market team like the Lakers or Knicks.

peacemaker885
There's no way in hell that Artest will start before Bruce. If we get him, he starts with Manu - from the bench. Give Bruce some repect people.

Mr.Bottomtooth
C Thomas/Oberto/draft pick
PF Duncan/Mahinmi/Bonner
SF Bowen/Udoka/Sanikidze
SG Artest/Manu/Barry
PG Tony/Vaughn/draft pick

That looks pretty nice, IMO. :)

timvp
06-17-2008, 12:37 PM
HoopsWorld? ROFL.

Mr. Body
06-17-2008, 12:40 PM
It's highly doubtful Ron Artest would ever go to San Antonio. The man is as much interested in basketball as he is in movies, music, and the entertainment business in general. It's more likely he goes to a major media market team like the Lakers or Knicks.

Obviously he went insane playing for Indiana. He's only marginally better in 'cow-town' Sacramento. If only he's in Los Angeles will doves fly out of his ass and he can make hit records while hanging out with Jack Nicholson.

boutons_
Ron hasn't really played very well since the Brawl in Auburn Hills.

Up to then, as a Pacer under Carlisle, his reputation on both ends of the court was justified. As was his rep as psychotic.

He's 5 years older and fatter now. Don't sign him in 2008 based on his long-lost rep of 2003.

xtremesteven33
saying Artest would be with the spurs next year is really hopeful wishing on my part. but in reality i can honestly see him joining the Lakers next year.

hopefully Artest can prove me wrong and join a real championship team next year if this article is true

DazedAndConfused
06-17-2008, 12:43 PM
If Ron goes anywhere it's to the Knicks or the Lakers. He LOVES Kobe and has a great deal of respect for Phil Jackson. If there is one coach who could manage an ego like Ron-Ron it's Phil.

I highly doubt Pop has the stomach or patience to deal with a nutcase like Ron.

Mr. Body
06-17-2008, 12:46 PM
If Ron goes anywhere it's to the Knicks or the Lakers. He LOVES Kobe and has a great deal of respect for Phil Jackson. If there is one coach who could manage an ego like Ron-Ron it's Phil.

I'm not sure Phil is handling an ego like Kobe.

Spuradicator
06-17-2008, 12:59 PM
I'd definetly throw the MLE at him if he wanted to come here. But Im not holding my breath on this rumor. It is after all from hoopsworld.com

Supergirl
06-17-2008, 01:01 PM
OK, his age is less a factor to me, but I seriously wonder whether he would fit in with the SPurs with his history of being a headcase. Pop has zero tolerance for headcases.

xtremesteven33
06-17-2008, 01:08 PM

In Chicago Phil didnt manage no one. Jordan did the managing.

in LA, Phil again showed his bad managing by trading shaq. then he goes and writes a book about it.

overrated when it comes to handling premaddonas

DazedAndConfused
06-17-2008, 01:10 PM
In Chicago Phil didnt manage no one. Jordan did the managing.

in LA, Phil again showed his bad managing by trading shaq. then he goes and writes a book about it.

overrated when it comes to handling premaddonas

Wrong, and I'm not going to take the time to pick apart your idiotic post. But go read some of the books out there that have documented the Chicago Bulls when Phil took over and again the books that documented the Lakers during their 3-peat. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-17-2008, 01:17 PM
There's no way in hell that Artest will start before Bruce. If we get him, he starts with Manu - from the bench. Give Bruce some repect people.

I see, so you consider coming off the bench a demotion in the case of Bruce, but Manu coming off the bench is ok?

Give me a break. The bench role has been redefined, a long time a go I might add. Bench isn't a demotion, and if Bruce serves the team better coming off the bench, then he damn well should get used to it. I doubt he will though, come off the bench that is.

xtremesteven33
06-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Wrong, and I'm not going to take the time to pick apart your idiotic post. But go read some of the books out there that have documented the Chicago Bulls when Phil took over and again the books that documented the Lakers during their 3-peat. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

HAHA....u think Phil Jackson could have won titles without Pippen? and just Jordan by himself? i dont think so. i credit Scottie just as much as Phil.

and i in no way am saying he is a bad coach just overrated when it comes to handling superstars. trading Shaq will probably prove (depending on how these Finals go) be one of the dumbest moves in Lakers history. and then Kobe demanding to be traded and Phil actually saying that they are hearing trade options, shows how he doesnt have control of his players. he lets them do what they want to do and try to cover it with meditation. hes a great coach, no doubt but no better than Red or Pop.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-17-2008, 01:18 PM

yeah, you've also said the Lakers would win it all this year :lol Good luck with that by the way.

ChumpDumper
06-17-2008, 01:22 PM
I highly doubt Pop has the stomach or patience to deal with a nutcase like Ron.Yes, Pop has no history of dealing with troublesome players.

I can't believe you don't shut up.

JamStone
06-17-2008, 01:44 PM
If the Spurs acquired Artest, they would probably go with him at small forward and start Bruce at the 2-guard with Manu still coming off the bench. Artest is not a prolific but still capable scorer.

That said, I think he has more of a chance to go to the Lakers or Mavericks than going to the Spurs if he does opt out. And, of course, as several have mentioned, the report is from hoopsworld, a known science fiction basketball site.

T Park
06-17-2008, 01:45 PM
No thanks.

I would rather lose than win with a trash human being like Artest.

JamStone
06-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Yes, Pop has no history of dealing with troublesome players.

I can't believe you don't shut up.

"Troublesome" and complete loon are two different things.

Not saying Pop couldn't handle Artest, but Artest is a completely different animal than Pop has ever had to deal with. Even when Jax was with the Spurs, he wasn't nearly as volatile or as unbalanced.

T Park
06-17-2008, 01:46 PM

Yet you don't refute his point about jordan controlling Rodman :lol

STFU already.

ChumpDumper
06-17-2008, 01:54 PM
"Troublesome" and complete loon are two different things.

Not saying Pop couldn't handle Artest, but Artest is a completely different animal than Pop has ever had to deal with. Even when Jax was with the Spurs, he wasn't nearly as volatile or as unbalanced.This is getting overblown. He's been with three coaches in Sacramento and Artest hasn't killed anyone in that time.

JamStone
06-17-2008, 02:14 PM
This is getting overblown. He's been with three coaches in Sacramento and Artest hasn't killed anyone in that time.

... that we know of.

td4mvp21
06-17-2008, 02:17 PM
I would say yes to this. Fourth scorer plus a great defender? Yes please!! Plus, he can play powerforward in small ball lineups.

ChumpDumper
06-17-2008, 02:18 PM
... that we know of.Exactly!

The Spurs are such a secretive organization, word of any additional murders would never get out.

td4mvp21
06-17-2008, 02:20 PM

Yeah, because Pop's teams are known to be primmadonna ego-driven bitches while Phil's are selfless and full of team chemistry. Oh wait. . .

And that's not to say Phil couldn't manage Ron-Ron, but seriously, he couldn't manage Kobe and Shaq's egos and that ultimately led to the break up and rebuilding of the Lakers. Pop's done fine with all the players he has had. It may be because of Tim Duncan's example but don't think he or any other Spur doesn't have an ego.

td4mvp21
06-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Hopefully this article has some merit to it, despite that it's from Hoopsworld. And hopefully Ron will keep in mind that San Antonio would better appreciate and utilize his pride in his defensive abilities.

xtremesteven33
06-17-2008, 02:23 PM
Phil Jackson is also a classless,ego driven, self serving, self centered,self righteous person so i guess it takes one to know one right?

T Park
06-17-2008, 02:25 PM
Phil Jackson is also a classless,ego driven, self serving, self centered,self righteous person so i guess it takes one to know one right?

Whos a fantastic coach.

JamStone
06-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Exactly!

The Spurs are such a secretive organization, word of any additional murders would never get out.

Fair enough. I acquiesce.

xtremesteven33
06-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Whos a fantastic coach.

cant argue that. i feel just a bit overrated

T Park
06-17-2008, 02:50 PM
cant argue that. i feel just a bit overrated

He's not overrated one bit.

ducks
06-17-2008, 02:57 PM
I would rather have jr smith

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-17-2008, 03:01 PM
I would rather have jr smith

I agree.

bigdog
06-17-2008, 03:06 PM
there should be a law where no one can believe HoopsWorld at all, and if they do, they should be punished.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is HOOPSWORLD. It's highly unlikely that this would happen.

tav1
06-17-2008, 03:09 PM
If LA and New Orleans are the other two options, we have to put on a full court press not just because the Spurs could really use Artest, but because we they should not want him to go to either team under any circumstance.

ATXSPUR
06-17-2008, 03:25 PM
No thanks.

Fuck all that holier than thou shit. Basketball is about winning. Artest has been behaved these past couple of years and he would be a great addition to this squad. I say sign him up.

I find it funny that a lot of the people on this forum are always passing judgement on who is a "thug" not fitted for this classy organization but they have said some pretty shitty things when it came to New Orleans and Katrina.

T Park
06-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Fuck all that holier than thou shit. Basketball is about winning. Artest has been behaved these past couple of years and he would be a great addition to this squad. I say sign him up.

I find it funny that a lot of the people on this forum are always passing judgement on who is a "thug" not fitted for this classy organization but they have said some pretty shitty things when it came to New Orleans and Katrina.

Then don't post here.

That simple.

And no theres a line, as me as a paying fan, draws.

I do not want to pay money to watch that thug, run up and down the court. I refuse to support that. Its not holier than thou, its about wanting good character guys.

xtremesteven33
06-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Then don't post here.

That simple.

I do not want to pay money to watch that thug, run up and down the court. I refuse to support that. Its not holier than thou, its about wanting good character guys.

if thats the case than Popovich shouldnt be coaching. not exactly your "good moral character" kinda person.

angelbelow
06-17-2008, 03:56 PM
we really need artest..

TJastal
06-17-2008, 04:24 PM
I can't believe ppl here want this guy on the spurs. I'll pass. Spurs need a good athletic 2 or 3 to run the break with TP and fill a role, Artest does not fit that mold at all, and he'd be a liability in spurs' halfcourt offense IMO (can u say stupid?) and a foul machine on the defensive end in important games.

And...

He's still crazy folks..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBx8LSwqRpE

And he's a baby...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdFesYy0WkU&feature=related

I'm surprised he didn't ask to have mommy come running down to kiss his owwie

MaNuMaNiAc
06-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Then don't post here.

That simple.

so... what exactly makes Artest a trash human being? you seriously don't think you're being holier than thou?? really?

The whole "character guys" bullshit has gone long enough. Success in basketball is in part about character, but its also about talent, and Artest has enough of that in all the aspects the Spurs need retooling. Artest would solidify our defense like practically no other option in next year's free agent pool. If we can land him for the right amount, i don't see why the Spurs shouldn't jump on the opportunity

No thanks.

What a crock of shit! :lol

tmtcsc
06-17-2008, 04:42 PM
In a heartbeat

Ocotillo
06-17-2008, 04:51 PM
The gist of the article is Artest is considering the move. I could have written that article with my inside knowledge (which is zilch). Of course someone is likely to be considering their options.

All the article then goes on to do is speculate about what would happen should he opt out.

Nothing to see here, keep moving.

rj215
06-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Artest would be a defensive minded forward/guard that doesn't shy away from taking shots. I think we could use a guy like that. And anyone that says they wouldn't want 'trash humans' on the Spurs should give away any 'chip we won with Stephen Jackson. He's the same guy that gets into gun fights outside of strip clubs. But I don't remember any of those stories with the Spurs. I guess Pop can do a pretty good job as a coach on and off the court, dontcha' think? And fuck Phil Jackson: Jordan, Pippen, Shaq and Kobe in their primes using Tex Winter's system doesn't make him a genius.

jcrod
06-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Then don't post here.

That simple.

Then don't pay and don't watch.

That simple.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-17-2008, 05:52 PM

I know that you're a sorry Lakers homer, and I hate to burst your bubble, but he doesn't exactly hate Tim either...

I remember one time Kevin Garnett was mushing him, and shoving him in the face; and Tim Duncan didn't do anything, he didn't react. He just kicked Kevin Garnett's ass, and won the damn championship. You know what I'm sayin'? That's gangsta. Everybody can show emotion, dunk on somebody, scream and be real cocky; but Tim Duncan is a ... he's a pimp.

-Ron Artest

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Then don't post here.

That simple.

What a bitch post. Telling him not to post because he disagrees with you? Lame, Tpark.

You don't want to watch a thug, but I bet you haven't burned your Stephen Jackson jersey, have you? And I bet you'd be wearing it the first game of the season if Buckets somehow made his way to SA to play for the silver and black again.

I've seen you fellate Damon Stoudemire and Glenn Robinson on here as well, and they weren't exactly model citizens either.

Quit being such a bitch. This is pro sports. If he's not in jail and he's good enough for Tim, TD, Manu, and the front office, sign him up and the hell with what you have to say.

Spur-Addict
06-17-2008, 06:13 PM
I can't believe ppl here want this guy on the spurs. I'll pass. Spurs need a good athletic 2 or 3 to run the break with TP and fill a role, Artest does not fit that mold at all, and he'd be a liability in spurs' halfcourt offense IMO (can u say stupid?) and a foul machine on the defensive end in important games.

And...

He's still crazy folks..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBx8LSwqRpE
And he's a baby...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdFesYy0WkU&feature=related

I'm surprised he didn't ask to have mommy come running down to kiss his owwie

:lmao @ 0:33....But, that second tech was very weak. I love physical play, I can't stand weak ball. That's why I always enjoy watching Harpring b/c he brings it. But, they had it out for him when he started making a spectacle of everything. With that said, he has to understand that they will, and, control himself. I still like him, I can't help it. I'm just a fan of physical basketball.

Holt's Cat
06-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Man, he's bats...

FD796H08J7w

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Man, he's bats...

FD796H08J7w

:lmao

jag
06-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Man, he's bats...

FD796H08J7w

Wow...just wow. Like i've already said, the man can hoop, but he's out of his f'n mind....like he could be institutionalized and no one would be surprised.

That being said, he's a beast on the court (and in the stands) and i'd love to see him in a Spurs uniform.

Galileo
06-17-2008, 06:39 PM
Get Artest!

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-17-2008, 06:51 PM
If TD could reel Buckets in, he can deal with Artest (if nothing else, with the help of Manu and Tony).

AFBlue
06-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Man, he's bats...

FD796H08J7w

:rollin

But seriously if the Spurs get this dude....

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Russ
06-17-2008, 08:34 PM
He should get a five year deal -- with a team option for each year after the first. :)

ChumpDumper
06-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Man, he's bats...

FD796H08J7wI was on the fence before I saw that.

Now I am 100% in favor of signing Artest.

Mr. Body
06-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Yanking the shorts is the oldest play in the book. Naismith came up with that one -- Artest is truly old skool.

ca®lo
06-17-2008, 11:36 PM
PG-Parker
SG-Ginobili
SF-Artest
PF-Duncan
C-Oberto

thats scary good

take oberto out first and it will

ATXSPUR
06-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Man, he's bats...

FD796H08J7w

Okay i'm serious now. GET ARTEST!!!!!!!!!!

taps
06-18-2008, 01:35 AM
I love this guy! If Ian gets minutes Artest could potentially take pressure off him to play foul-prone defense down the stretch and maybe concentrate on offense.

Spurs Brazil
06-18-2008, 02:56 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53054/20080618/artest_99_percent_sure_he_wont_opt_out_of_contract/

Artest 99 Percent Sure He Won't Opt Out Of Contract

Jun 18, 2008 2:32 AM EST
According to Marc Stein, Sacramento forward Ron Artest told ESPN.com that he's, "99 percent sure I won't opt out of my contract" this month to become a free agent July 1.

He has also expressed hope that Sacramento will consider a contract extension, but the Kings have yet to show a willingness to go that route.

If Artest does pick up his option as expected, a trade may be on the cards, with the Lakers expected to be among those chasing his services.

Artest was close to becoming a member of the Denver Nuggets in February.

MoSpur
06-18-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm sure he is just saying that so that he can get an extension from Sacramento.

SenorSpur
06-18-2008, 06:35 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53054/20080618/artest_99_percent_sure_he_wont_opt_out_of_contract/

According to Marc Stein, Sacramento forward Ron Artest told ESPN.com that he's, "99 percent sure I won't opt out of my contract" this month to become a free agent July 1.

He has also expressed hope that Sacramento will consider a contract extension, but the Kings have yet to show a willingness to go that route.

If Artest does pick up his option as expected, a trade may be on the cards, with the Lakers expected to be among those chasing his services.

Artest is such a flake, so that means he's very likely to opt out. I have no problem with the Spurs taking a 2-3 year run at him. Rumor has it they were interest at the trading deadline.

Thomas82
06-18-2008, 11:05 PM
Artest is such a flake, so that means he's very likely to opt out. I have no problem with the Spurs taking a 2-3 year run at him. Rumor has it they were interest at the trading deadline.

That was actually true. I guess the trade stalled over compensation.

Russ
06-18-2008, 11:13 PM

Good news for the Spurs. :flag:

If he opts out, he's liable to become the Lakers' missing piece.