PDA

View Full Version : Lebron .. OVERHYPED

Shaun424
06-13-2003, 02:18 AM
Lebron James is the most overhyped player i've ever seen... and the sad thing is, thats hurt him because the bar has been set so high, that he'll never be able to reach it...

yeah he's got ups... but he dominated high school players for gods sakes.. every premier guard in the NBA can do a between the leg dunk.. i know people who i ball with who can do that. his jumpshot is weak, but it'll get better with practice.. he's going to a horrible team.. a team that people say has potential.. YEAH RIGHT. u got ricky davis, illguaskus, dajuan wagner, boozer... all of whom are ballhogs. and then you got an 18 year old who thinks the team is his, because the media has made it seem that way. that team will not gel, will not work, lebron will not be in the playoffs anytime soon. his hype will die down after 2 years and he will avg something like, 18 ppg which is not bad, but people want a 30ppg player. he will be labeled a bust. and that will be that. its a shame. but its the truth. i dont feel bad for him though... when ur 18 and ur givin a 90 million dollar contract and u havent done jack yet, u have no room to feel sorry for yourself.

oldschooladidas
06-19-2003, 05:45 AM
To live up to the hype he needs to be an all star level player by 2005 or at latest 2006

volvina99
06-27-2003, 01:16 PM
Come on. Don't hate!! I am sure some of it is all hype. But he does have skills. He got the opportunity. It is up to him to stay in the game. He has to maintain. A Kobe Bryant is not just born. He is developed. He is just a young baller who got some recognition. It is up to him to stay in the game. Just wish him luck. :hat2

F7
06-28-2003, 09:27 AM
LeBron will probably be an all-star by next season.

nataliebrown2
07-10-2003, 03:45 PM
Hi, i know this topic is about lebron james and all, and I guess I don't have much to say abou him since I haven't actually seen him play, so you might wonder why I'm even in here, but I have seen boozer play, and I've followed since before any of you ever saw him play and I disagree with the comment that he's a ballhog, because, he is not. He's a wonderful ball player and one of the reasons he's so wonderful, aside from his immense talent, is that he's a team player, always has been and always will be.:elephant

Truthsayer
07-11-2003, 01:27 AM
If he want's respect let him earn respect like any other punk rookie. He hasn't done anything yet and he's already got a $90 million endorsement deal. That's absolutely nuts.

I suspect by season's end we'll be calling him LeBust instead of LeBron. Which would serve Nike just right. :evil

ducks
07-17-2003, 03:18 PM
do not hate

just because someone thinks he is overhyped does not make people a hater. :pc2

MissAllThat
07-18-2003, 03:42 AM
Of course he's overhyped. They act like he's going to bring a cure for cancer in his first game or something. I'll admit that he's good, and I for one can't wait to see him play in a real game, but I don't think he's going to win a championship in his first year or have the NBA re-named after him. I'm sure Mr. Stern is enjoying having him in the league since everyone is rooting to see him fail (or not), which means that they'll have to watch the games.

Clipper Nation
06-22-2013, 12:36 PM
lebron will not be in the playoffs anytime soon. his hype will die down after 2 years and he will avg something like, 18 ppg which is not bad, but people want a 30ppg player. he will be labeled a bust. and that will be that. its a shame. but its the truth.
:lol One of the shittiest takes of all time

lefty
06-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Greatest bump of all-time :lmao