PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton taken to hospital after collapsing while giving a speech

travis2
01-31-2005, 01:19 PM
U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton taken to hospital after collapsing while giving a speech (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6890519/)

Hillary Clinton collapses during speech in New York

Senator taken to hospital; no immediate word on condition

BREAKING NEWS
The Associated Press
Updated: 1:13 p.m. ET Jan. 31, 2005

BUFFALO, N.Y. - Democratic Sen. Hillary Clinton collapsed Monday during a speech in Buffalo and was taken to a local hospital.

Colleen DiPirro, president of the Amherst Chamber of Commerce, told WBEN radio station that the senator apparently wasn't feeling well and collapsed in the middle of her speech at the Saturn Club.

There were no immediate details on whether she was remained conscious.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

dcole50
01-31-2005, 02:01 PM
i hope all is well now.

exstatic
01-31-2005, 02:15 PM
Waiting for the cheers from the NeoCons....

travis2
01-31-2005, 02:19 PM

SW and Jenn had a much better response than I did.

SpursWoman
01-31-2005, 02:28 PM
WTF, ex?

I find extremely disturbing a lot of what you seem to think about conservatives. You do realize that a very large portion, if not the majority, are people just like me, right? Do I strike you as being intolerant and heartless?

We're not monsters, or bigots, or whatever other horrible, stereotypical, outdated trait you'd like to throw out there next....

That was a terrible thing to say. :(

Samurai Jane
01-31-2005, 02:32 PM
WTF, ex?

I find extremely disturbing a lot of what you seem to think about conservatives. You do realize that a very large portion, if not the majority, are people just like me, right? Do I strike you as being intolerant and heartless?

We're not monsters, or bigots, or whatever other horrible, stereotypical, outdated trait you'd like to throw out there next....

That was a terrible thing to say. :(

Ditto what SW said.

violentkitten
01-31-2005, 02:35 PM
clavin's done fucked up again

http://www.cheers.tvheaven.com/graphics/cliff.jpg

Bandit2981
01-31-2005, 02:44 PM
oh brother...where were you guys when Yoni and Neocon were yucking it up about the death of Susan Sontag? http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8387&highlight=died
i didnt see any of this self-rightous bullshit when it came out of your sides mouth(and this was a DEATH, not just someone collapsing)...now that Ex makes a comment all hell breaks loose? talk about one-sided and hypocritical...

violentkitten
01-31-2005, 02:47 PM
why am i not surprised to find yonivore and neocon in the midst of that

travis2
01-31-2005, 02:48 PM
oh brother...where were you guys when Yoni and Neocon were yucking it up about the death of Susan Sontag? http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8387&highlight=died
i didnt see any of this self-rightous bullshit when it came out of your sides mouth(and this was a DEATH, not just someone collapsing)...now that Ex makes a comment all hell breaks loose? talk about one-sided and hypocritical...

If you read the thread, you will see that the ridicule was directed at the blogger...not in celebration of Susan Sontag's death.

SpursWoman
01-31-2005, 02:49 PM

I don't know about Jenn, but I never saw that thread. And fuck you for that remark.

Bandit2981
If you read the thread, you will see that the ridicule was directed at the blogger...not in celebration of Susan Sontag's death.
um, read again...they were PRAISING the blogger, not ridiculing him

I don't know about Jenn, but I never saw that thread
yeah, why am i not surprised

exstatic
SW and SJ: are you NeoCons? Neither of you ever struck me as such. There are those here who have advocated dropping a-bombs on the Islamic hajj this year. This would be for them.

1. neocon
Morally idealistic conservatatives. neocon is short for neo-conservative. Neocons separate themselves from Republicans that are traditionally fiscal conservative.

Slang - Crusading republican.
Slang - Neocons exist separated into two very distinct groups. The largest, group one, are the people below the 99th income percentile. They are religous and/or war-mongering blowhard lemmings who follow the second group; The second group is made up of the top one percent. They cut taxes for themselves, borrow trillions (second term pending), and their behavior is largely selfish. Of necessity, they pay Rove to pipe tabloid for the Rats. Lemmings rather. Whichever, they both work.
Vulgar - White bible thumping trash.

violentkitten
01-31-2005, 02:50 PM
clearly they were laughing with not at the author

violentkitten
01-31-2005, 02:51 PM
hee hee clavin calling other people white trash

Yonivore
01-31-2005, 02:51 PM
why am i not surprised to find yonivore and neocon in the midst of that
What are you hissing about? I'm not even involved in this thread...but, since you've got my attention; I would be a bit surprised to find out she "collapsed" because she needed an excuse to bail so she wouldn't have to figure out how to pander to opposing contituencies...what with her new-found religion and anti-abortion leanings.

Hitlary is a sham...never trust anything she says, does, or is reported to have done.

CommanderMcBragg
01-31-2005, 02:53 PM
I wish her nothing but the best.

violentkitten
oh shut up you damn old hypocritical fart

dcole50
yeah, she faked the flu. glad you're on top of this shit, yoni.

CommanderMcBragg
01-31-2005, 02:54 PM
oh shut up you damn old hypocritical fart

Oh shut up and lick me.

violentkitten
01-31-2005, 02:54 PM
wasnt directed at you but now it is

bigzak25
01-31-2005, 02:56 PM
i don't like hillary. but uh...hopefully she's ok.

CommanderMcBragg
01-31-2005, 02:56 PM
Damn it, I guess I am an old hypocritical fart.

My bad as you young folk say.

CommanderMcBragg
01-31-2005, 02:57 PM
i don't like hillary. but uh...hopefully she's ok.

Hopefully? Does that mean part of you wants her to drop dead?

Yonivore
01-31-2005, 03:02 PM
yeah, she faked the flu. glad you're on top of this shit, yoni.
So, you're her doctor? Because, of course, we all know politicians never fake anything...

travis2
01-31-2005, 03:03 PM
Hopefully? Does that mean part of you wants her to drop dead?

How in the world could you ever get that???

Let's see..."hopefully she's OK" now means "part of me wants her to drop dead".

That's an abuse of English I don't think I've seen yet...

dcole50
01-31-2005, 03:04 PM
all i said was that i'm glad you've figured this all out.

SpursWoman
01-31-2005, 03:04 PM
yeah, why am i not surprised

Maybe because I happened to be fucking busy that day? Or that maybe some days I get enough of young people who think they know everything by hanging out with my children and don't need to hang out here for the redundancy of that?

Absolutely amazing how the most intolerant people I've seen in this forum happen to be liberal.

Bandit2981
01-31-2005, 03:08 PM
look SW, i know you and SJ arent in the same realm as Yoni, Hook, Travis, etc...but i dont think its right that you target people on the democratic side for making a remark, yet ive never seen you post anything of that nature to a conservative doing the same thing, or saying something worse. look at what yoni has been posting in this thread, wheres your rebuke of any of that? all im saying is your criticisms seem to be one-sided...but dont think i dont' know you are a more open-minded level-headed person than the rest

travis2
Jan 31, 2:52 PM EST (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/H/HILLARY_CLINTON_COLLAPSES?SITE=TXSAE&SECTION=US&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT)

Sen. Clinton faints, later gives speech

By CAROLYN THOMPSON
Associated Press Writer

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton fainted Monday after complaining of a stomach virus before a scheduled speech on Social Security. She received medical attention at the scene and then went on to give another speech at a Catholic college Monday afternoon.

"It wasn't as dramatic as it sounds," Clinton said after the 30-minute speech.

Clinton aides said doctors believed she had a stomach virus. They said she felt weak at the private club where she was to speak, needed to sit down, and then fainted briefly.

Clinton, 57, was smiling when she walked out of the club, the general manager said.

"I saw her walk out the door by herself, she smiled and said `thank you'," said Saturn Club general manager Vincent Tracy.

Later Monday, she delivered a speech about health care at Canisius College. She was introduced by former U.S. Rep. John LaFalce, who told the crowd that Clinton went against doctor's advice because she was committed to talking about health care.

Clinton was to return to Washington after the speech, the last event on her public schedule.

In September, Clinton's 58-year-old husband underwent quadruple bypass surgery.

During an earlier editorial board meeting Monday at The Buffalo News, Clinton complained about suffering from a flu-like bug that affected several of her staff members during a weekend retreat in Westchester County, where she lives.

The former first lady has said she plans to run for re-election in 2006.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

CommanderMcBragg
Maybe because I happened to be fucking busy that day?

Absolutely amazing how the most intolerant people I've seen in this forum happen to be liberal.

Oh if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.

Conservatives in this forum do a fine job of being intolerant.

travis2
01-31-2005, 03:09 PM
look SW, i know you and SJ arent in the same realm as Yoni, Hook, Travis, etc...but i dont think its right that you target people on the democratic side for making a remark, yet ive never seen you post anything of that nature to a conservative doing the same thing, or saying something worse. look at what yoni has been posting in this thread, wheres your rebuke of any of that? all im saying is your criticisms seem to be one-sided...but dont think i dont' know you are a more open-minded level-headed person than the rest

excuse me???

Yonivore
01-31-2005, 03:12 PM
I never said she wasn't sick. Just that I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a ruse. She's an evil, lying bitch.

And, as far as wishing her ill. I couldn't care less if she lived to be a 100 or dropped dead tomorrow.

SpursWoman
01-31-2005, 03:16 PM

As for prior tasteless remarks, No. 1, I rarely read every thread in this forum and No. 2., I can't deny that most of the time I ignore them....from either side. I certainly don't agree with them.....I just don't think that way or that badly about anyone.

I've been cleaning up vomit this afternoon, so pardon my negligence in smacking Yonivore around for those types of remarks. Priorities, you know.....vomit actually does smell worse than some of his posts. :)

Yonivore
01-31-2005, 03:20 PM
As for prior tasteless remarks, No. 1, I rarely read every thread in this forum and No. 2., I can't deny that most of the time I ignore them....from either side. I certainly don't agree with them.....I just don't think that way or that badly about anyone.

I've been cleaning up vomit this afternoon, so pardon my negligence in smacking Yonivore around for those types of remarks. Priorities, you know.....vomit actually does smell worse that some of his posts. :)
Depends on what you drank the night before. ;)

Samurai Jane
01-31-2005, 03:24 PM
I don't know about Jenn, but I never saw that thread. And fuck you for that remark.
I never saw that thread either...

I don't even know who Susan Sontag is.

I rarely read all the threads in this forum, so excuse me for not spreading my righteous indignation around more evenly.

Samurai Jane
01-31-2005, 03:25 PM
SW and SJ: are you NeoCons? Neither of you ever struck me as such. There are those here who have advocated dropping a-bombs on the Islamic hajj this year. This would be for them.

I have been called one, even if I'm not entirely sure what the true definition of NeoCon is.

SpursWoman
01-31-2005, 03:27 PM
I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. (me, either :lol)

I rarely read all the threads in this forum, so excuse me for not spreading my righteous indignation around more evenly.

:lmao :lmao

We've had a flu epidemic at my house, Yonivore.....not because of last night's drunken debachery. :fro

Useruser666
01-31-2005, 03:28 PM
I don't read every thread in this forum. I don't comment on every tiny injustice or misguided comment because I either don't have time or don't care. Just because everyone doesn't correct everyone else doesn't mean that is a nod of approval.

travis2
01-31-2005, 03:28 PM
I never saw that thread either...

I don't even know who Susan Sontag is.

Nor did I.

And nice pseudo-definition for "NeoCon" as well. I'm sure someone could come up with something equally biting in the other direction.

violentkitten
01-31-2005, 03:30 PM
i prefer stormtrooper myself.

bigzak25
01-31-2005, 03:31 PM
Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton fainted Monday after complaining of a stomach virus

well, 2+2=she shit her depends and had to get out of their quick!

travis2
01-31-2005, 03:35 PM
*sigh*

I give up.

If the assholes on both sides really have to have a d!ck-length contest then have at it.

Just know that the more reasonable among us are pulling out our magnifying glasses in case we're called to referee.

violentkitten
01-31-2005, 03:36 PM
whoa man stop talking about dick

exstatic
01-31-2005, 03:45 PM
And nice pseudo-definition for "NeoCon" as well. I'm sure someone could come up with something equally biting in the other direction.
I got it off of a blog, and it was so over the top, it was supposed to be a funny. Leave it to you to miss that, Trav. :p

JackLalanne
01-31-2005, 04:11 PM
She really needs to take better care of her health.

Yonivore
01-31-2005, 04:32 PM
She really needs to take better care of her health.
:lmao YOMANK :lmao

MannyIsGod
01-31-2005, 04:42 PM
*sigh*

I give up.

If the assholes on both sides really have to have a d!ck-length contest then have at it.

Just know that the more reasonable among us are pulling out our magnifying glasses in case we're called to referee.

Care to be the mother of my children Travis? Nice.

Hook Dem
01-31-2005, 08:17 PM
Well Bandit, the election is over and had you been paying attention, I have complimented you several times here of late. I have been making a concerted effort to be more "civil" to my advesaries. If you want to continue down that path thats okay. I think you have been reading my comments to several other posters whom I won't mention. If I have insulted one of your "brothers" and you take offense to it, so be it. I do not need to gather in a herd to feel secure. I am capable of doing my own thinking and making my own decisions. I"m sorry if they don't coincide with yours but they are mine nonetheless. Unlike you, I will say once again that I think you are more level headed than a lot of people on here. Please take note of the fact that I did not feel the need to attack you for including my poster name in that example. PEACE!

Hook Dem
01-31-2005, 08:18 PM
Oh, I forgot to address the thread title. I certainly hope Hillary is okay and recovers with speed. I harbor no bad intentions for her.

Bandit2981
01-31-2005, 09:49 PM
Well Bandit, the election is over and had you been paying attention, I have complimented you several times here of late. I have been making a concerted effort to be more "civil" to my advesaries. If you want to continue down that path thats okay. I think you have been reading my comments to several other posters whom I won't mention. If I have insulted one of your "brothers" and you take offense to it, so be it. I do not need to gather in a herd to feel secure. I am capable of doing my own thinking and making my own decisions. I"m sorry if they don't coincide with yours but they are mine nonetheless. Unlike you, I will say once again that I think you are more level headed than a lot of people on here. Please take note of the fact that I did not feel the need to attack you for including my poster name in that example. PEACE!
i know hook, i overreacted and offended some people, im guilty of being an ass to some on here on several occasions as well. i was just upset because it seems like people like Yoni and Neocon can post some pretty hateful and incindiary stuff, but it never seems like anyone from the right denounces what they say, but when a leftist leaner says something rude, everyone and their mother jumps all over them about it. i shouldnt have been so harsh, but thats how knee-jerk reactions are. i know you have calmed down the firepower quite a bit since the election, even way before it was over to some degree, and like you, i dont hate anyone here or this country. i disagree with many people's positions, and sometimes my emotions get the better of me responding. enough of my soliloquy...theres a game almost on! :hat

Yonivore
01-31-2005, 10:56 PM
Oh, I forgot to address the thread title. I certainly hope Hillary is okay and recovers with speed. I harbor no bad intentions for her.
I agree, whether she lives another year or another fifty, burning in Hell for eternity will still be just as long.

Hook Dem
02-01-2005, 12:35 AM
i know hook, i overreacted and offended some people, im guilty of being an ass to some on here on several occasions as well. i was just upset because it seems like people like Yoni and Neocon can post some pretty hateful and incindiary stuff, but it never seems like anyone from the right denounces what they say, but when a leftist leaner says something rude, everyone and their mother jumps all over them about it. i shouldnt have been so harsh, but thats how knee-jerk reactions are. i know you have calmed down the firepower quite a bit since the election, even way before it was over to some degree, and like you, i dont hate anyone here or this country. i disagree with many people's positions, and sometimes my emotions get the better of me responding. enough of my soliloquy...theres a game almost on! :hat
Thanks Bandit!

Spurtacular
11-22-2017, 05:06 AM

The beginning of the end. :lmao