PDA

View Full Version : Carl's Jr. Opening Up Location On Nacadoches road

davi78239
06-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Don't know if they are building anywhere else in town but I know that the NE side will have one. Looks like they're coming back into the market.

JsnSA
06-17-2008, 10:50 PM
They are also building one on FM78 between Kirby and Converse....in front of the HEB.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-17-2008, 11:01 PM
man, i remember as a kid there was one off of walzem.

SequSpur
06-17-2008, 11:28 PM
carls jr. sucks.

manustarting2gd
06-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Idiocracy comes to san antonio ... nooo!!! xtra big ass fries!!

baseline bum
06-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Carl's Jr. is pretty good for fast food... about equal to Whataburger, and certainly better than Sonic, Burger King Wendy's, etc.

johngateswhiteley
06-18-2008, 02:10 AM
Carl's Jr. is pretty good for fast food... about equal to Whataburger, and certainly better than Sonic, Burger King Wendy's, etc.

i agree. maybe in and out will make it someday...that would be tits.

Leetonidas
06-18-2008, 02:25 AM
Carl's Jr. is the fucking shit. I always make sure I have it at least once when I go to California...

Would be awesome if one was made close to me.

Ignignokt
06-18-2008, 03:03 AM
i agree. maybe in and out will make it someday...that would be tits.

in and out is for faggot Cal pricks.

nothing compares to whataburger.

Ignignokt
06-18-2008, 03:04 AM
wendy's >>>>>>>> carl's jr.

West coast chains suck ass. Except for a few and Roscoes, which i need to try before i form an oppinion.

johngateswhiteley
06-18-2008, 03:31 AM
in and out is for faggot Cal pricks.

nothing compares to whataburger.

k.

DannyT
06-18-2008, 04:53 AM
for having one inside a truck stop the off of 35 south is pretty dope...honestly the 6 dollar burgers are straight

mrsmaalox
06-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Never been to one. It's pretty typical fast food?

baseline bum
06-18-2008, 08:41 AM
Whataburger is dogshit compared to In N Out.... especially when you compare the shakes between the two places.

degenerate_gambler
06-18-2008, 09:04 AM
man, i remember as a kid there was one off of walzem.

there were 4 or 5 of them around town back in the day...and they didn't last very long. unless they got better stuff this time around, they're gonna get their ass kicked back to cali again.

Kori Ellis
06-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Whataburger is dogshit compared to In N Out.... especially when you compare the shakes between the two places.

Whataburger is disgusting anyway. It's one of the worst fast food burgers.

monosylab1k
06-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Idiocracy comes to san antonio ... nooo!!! xtra big ass fries!!

:lol

Viva Las Espuelas
06-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Whataburger is disgusting anyway. It's one of the worst fast food burgers.their fries are horrid.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Whataburger is dogshit compared to In N Outa friend from cali told me that in-n-out actually gets their meat from local butcher's instead of those foodservice companies. is that true?

johnsmith
06-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Chubby San Antonians are rejoicing in the streets upon hearing this.

CuckingFunt
06-18-2008, 09:53 AM
a friend from cali told me that in-n-out actually gets their meat from local butcher's instead of those foodservice companies. is that true?

They have their own processing plant near LA that is supposed to be very high quality, and the burgers are never frozen.

BurgerKing
06-18-2008, 10:18 AM

If I had it my way I'd slap that stupid look right off your face!! :bking

SpursWoman
06-18-2008, 11:29 AM
So that's what they are building where that old Chevron was at O'Conner & Nacogdoches. Trading one form of gas for another? :spin

Ignignokt
06-18-2008, 11:35 AM
They have their own processing plant near LA that is supposed to be very high quality, and the burgers are never frozen.

whataburgers meat is never frozen either.

monosylab1k
06-18-2008, 11:37 AM
who goes to whataburger for the burgers? You go there drunk at 3 AM for some fuckin taquitos.

Ignignokt
06-18-2008, 11:43 AM
yahoo awnsers uanymous!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080326170610AA3T4At

whataburger creams in n out.

jcrod
06-18-2008, 12:24 PM
I always grab Carls and In & Out when I visit LA monthly. Carl's is always a hit an miss like Whataburger. When they're good...man, but nasty when its a miss. In & Out is consistently good.

baseline bum
06-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Carl's Jr used to really suck when it was in San Antonio 20+ years ago. Ever since they introduced the Six Dollar Burger line, they've become a hell of a lot better though.

Chris Duel
06-18-2008, 01:18 PM
Carl's Jr. is pretty good. I used to go there a lot when I lived in SoCal.

If you're into the low carb thing, they do a great double cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun.

I know it sounds weird, but it tastes great.

When my wife and I drove through Cali to Burning Man in Nevada a few years ago it was the lunch stop of choice.

CubanMustGo
06-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Amazing that Carls Jr has decided to expand back into SouTex after getting their asses handed to them last time they tried it. At one point about half the BKs were Carls Jr's that went under.

I like their Western Bacon Cheesburger, it used to be pretty unique but a lot of chains have something like it now.

T Park
06-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Carl's Jr is darn good stuff.

:tu Cool news.

slayermin
06-18-2008, 04:34 PM
I like Whataburger. I like the thinner patties. I think they are tastier, than the thicker six dollar burger patties at Carls. And the Green Burrito isn't anything to write home about. Carls does have the fried zucchini which are awesome.

Buddy Holly
06-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet but one is opening at Frederickburg Road and Prue Rd.

tlongII
06-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Carl's Jr sucks ass.

Melmart1
06-18-2008, 05:41 PM
I think Carl's Jrs is the same as Hardees, which we had when I lived on the East Coast. Same star logo, anyways. Their stuff is better than Whataburger, which is the most overrated craptastic food ever. I don't get why people love that shit, the fries are thin and soggy while the patty is thin, tasteless and overcooked. You could do better at home with a frozen patty and a loaf of day old bread.

pickle girl
06-18-2008, 05:52 PM
If you people only knew where that meat comes from.

http://www.thelastminuteblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/fast-food-nation-the-movie.jpg

pickle girl
06-18-2008, 06:12 PM
http://www.impawards.com/2006/posters/fast_food_nation.jpg

cornbread
06-18-2008, 06:23 PM
It won't stop me from taking my business to Culvers.

exstatic
06-18-2008, 07:18 PM
They used to have one in U.C. back in the day. I worked rotating shifts, and when I would get off work at 7:30, I'd zip out for breakfast. They had a steak and eggs plate with like a 4 or 5 oz sirloin, 2 eggs, and breakfast taters that was tasty and affordable to a young Airman. When BK worked out their issues with local chain Whopper Burger, they bought out every Carl's location and moved in quickly, like overnight.

jcrod
06-18-2008, 08:02 PM
I think Carl's Jrs is the same as Hardees, which we had when I lived on the East Coast. Same star logo, anyways. Their stuff is better than Whataburger, which is the most overrated craptastic food ever. I don't get why people love that shit, the fries are thin and soggy while the patty is thin, tasteless and overcooked. You could do better at home with a frozen patty and a loaf of day old bread.

That was a miss. The fries for the most part aren't that way with me and the patty is never that way.

Whataburger like in-n-out needs to be eaten right away. I use to hate it when i was young, but tried it again later in life and love it when its cooked right.

01Snake
06-18-2008, 08:56 PM
Whataburger is disgusting anyway. It's one of the worst fast food burgers.

Amen! :toast

midgetonadonkey
06-18-2008, 10:28 PM

San Antonio Whataburger is shitty. The best Whataburger I have ever been to is in Corpus right across the street from the headquarters. The suits are always in there so their food is always perfect. Crisp fries, juicy patties and they always get your order right.

AlamoSpursFan
06-19-2008, 02:01 AM
San Antonio Whataburger is shitty. The best Whataburger I have ever been to is in Corpus right across the street from the headquarters. The suits are always in there so their food is always perfect. Crisp fries, juicy patties and they always get your order right.

I almost posted the same thing, but for some reason I decided to read the whole thread first. The taquitos at that WB are so fat they almost don't fit in the freaking wrapper!

There has always been a Carl's Jr. in SA. It's in the Pilot Truck Stop just south of 410 on I-35.

And somebody please wake me up when they start building the first Steak 'N' Shake here.

mrose31
06-19-2008, 10:25 AM
A little off subject but does anyone know what happen to Chester's they use to be so awesome. Now there burgers taste pretty similar to Whataburger maybe still a little better but not much. I use to love chesters when I lived in San Antonio. Now that I live in Austin I would try and go there every few months. Then I went one time and they no longer had poppy seed buns and burger did not taste nearly as good. Then a few months later I forgot and went again with my hopes all high and then oh yeah these burgers are not that great anymore. Does Willies still have good burgers I use to like there's too I have not been there forever.

JoeChalupa
06-19-2008, 10:32 AM
Hardees!?!? Man, I haven't that in a long time. I used to there all the time when I lived up in Ohio. Never been to a Carl's or In and Out before. Are they like Ralley's?

T Park
06-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Hardees!?!? Man, I haven't that in a long time. I used to there all the time when I lived up in Ohio. Never been to a Carl's or In and Out before. Are they like Ralley's?

Carl's JR and In and Out put Ralley's to shame.

jcrod
06-19-2008, 05:02 PM
You should be shut down immediatly if you can't put Ralley's to shame.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-19-2008, 05:04 PM
And somebody please wake me up when they start building the first Steak 'N' Shake here.
:vomit:
the most horrid food to touch a plate.

rAm
06-19-2008, 05:21 PM
First of all:

In and out is hands down the best fast food restarant out there. It is one of the healthiest and super super simple and tastes amazing.

Second of all:

CJ's tastes fucking great too, but it is the absolute worst Fast Food for you across the board. Their shit is so high in everything you will die if you eat their too much.

Check out this page for breakdowns on the worst fast food places:

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/fast-food.php

Dex
06-19-2008, 10:20 PM
In & Out is the shit. Hand's down. No chicken sandwiches or bacon burgers or yuppie wraps. Just burgers and fries, and they're always delicious. It's one of the reasons I miss California.

I enjoyed Carl's Jr a lot when I was in Cali last time, but that was partly cause it was right up the street. To me, it seems like a...west coast Jack In The Box.

Whataburger is my favorite texas burger, hands down. As much as I loved my In & Out, being out of Texas for two weeks made me really miss my Whataburger. I stopped as soon as we got back into El Paso and I saw the orange W. And that's the story of the best Whataburger I ever had. I'm gonna sell the movie rights.

In conclusion, they both win. But In & Out needs to get its ass down here already, eff a whole bunch of Carls.

T Park
06-19-2008, 10:41 PM
First of all:

In and out is hands down the best fast food restarant out there. It is one of the healthiest and super super simple and tastes amazing.

Second of all:

CJ's tastes fucking great too, but it is the absolute worst Fast Food for you across the board. Their shit is so high in everything you will die if you eat their too much.

Big fucking deal.

rAm
06-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Big fucking deal.

kthx?

lebomb
06-20-2008, 01:35 PM
After reading all these replies, its pretty clear that............

who has the best burger is subjective!!! We all have different tastes. :rolleyes

T Park
06-20-2008, 02:45 PM
kthx?

kthx?

mardigan
06-20-2008, 02:50 PM
I always go to Blake's Lottaburger, better version of Whataburger.

johnsmith
06-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by rAm

First of all:

Second of all:

Big fucking deal.

:lmao:lmao

That explains that.

T Park
06-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Yup, cause you know me so well.

*cue the "I don't need to* 14 year old horseshit.

Opinionater
06-20-2008, 03:10 PM
IMHO, I always thought a Murf's burger hit the spot.

johnsmith
Yup, cause you know me so well.

*cue the "I don't need to* 14 year old horseshit.

Ummm, I was referring to the fact that you look like you ate a 13 year old boy.

mrsmaalox
A little off subject but does anyone know what happen to Chester's they use to be so awesome. Now there burgers taste pretty similar to Whataburger maybe still a little better but not much. I use to love chesters when I lived in San Antonio. Now that I live in Austin I would try and go there every few months. Then I went one time and they no longer had poppy seed buns and burger did not taste nearly as good. Then a few months later I forgot and went again with my hopes all high and then oh yeah these burgers are not that great anymore. Does Willies still have good burgers I use to like there's too I have not been there forever.

You are absolutely right. Chester's is not the same without the poppy seed bun. I used to like to go there, but it's nothing special anymore. I haven't been to Willie's in ages. But there is a newer place on 1604 called Bigz that makes pretty good burgers; and then there's Beefy's up on 281 that is good too.

mrsmaalox
06-20-2008, 03:11 PM
I always go to Blake's Lottaburger, better version of Whataburger.

You live in New Mexico?

mardigan
06-20-2008, 03:14 PM
You live in New Mexico?

Yes mam, the Burque.

T Park
06-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Ummm, I was referring to the fact that you look like you ate a 13 year old boy.

Really, whens the last time you have seen me?

Do you know me ?

Come on, don't "hide" behind the name like you love to do.

T Park
06-20-2008, 03:28 PM
You are absolutely right. Chester's is not the same without the poppy seed bun. I used to like to go there, but it's nothing special anymore. I haven't been to Willie's in ages. But there is a newer place on 1604 called Bigz that makes pretty good burgers; and then there's Beefy's up on 281 that is good too.

Sounds like a change of ownership.

johnsmith
06-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Really, whens the last time you have seen me?

Do you know me ?

Come on, don't "hide" behind the name like you love to do.

The last time I've seen you...........hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........oh yeah, everytime I open up the club forum.

T Park
06-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Wrong.

Nice fail though kiddo.

johnsmith
06-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Wrong.

Nice fail though kiddo.

Really, that's not your gigantic body taking up a fourth of the banner at the top of the page. You're wearing a blue shirt with black stripes that if extended would equal the distance of the tropic of capricorn?

That's not you eh? Funny, that's what I've been told in the past.

Like I said, I see you everytime I open up the club there kiddo.

T Park
06-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Really, that's not your gigantic body taking up a fourth of the banner at the top of the page. You're wearing a blue shirt with black stripes that if extended would equal the distance of the tropic of capricorn?

That's not you eh? Funny, that's what I've been told in the past.

Like I said, I see you everytime I open up the club there kiddo.

Not anymore its not.

But whatever makes you feel better.

johnsmith
06-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Not anymore its not.

But whatever makes you feel better.

If you prove me wrong, I'll be the first to congratulate you, but until then, that's you.

AlamoSpursFan
06-20-2008, 04:33 PM
:vomit:
the most horrid food to touch a plate.

You're either kidding, or you've never eaten at Steak 'N' Shake.

Their onion rings are the best fast food rings on the planet.

All this burger talk has me craving a Puffin' Billy's Rail Rider special!