PDA

View Full Version : Will Kobe Ever Win Another NBA Title???

The Franchise
06-17-2008, 10:15 PM
He is a great scorer, but does he have what it takes to win without another superstar?:lobt2:

Medvedenko
06-17-2008, 10:18 PM
He is a great scorer, but does he have what it takes to win without another superstar?:lobt2:

Ask yourself this....does any player have what it takes to win without another all-star/superstar. It's very difficult to win period and you need to have talent around a superstar player. This is the lakers first year together and they are getting beat by a more hungry veteran team. They can retool, get bynum back and possibly get rid of Odom/Radman for some other pieces and they could possibly be back. I wouldn't bet against the Lakers next year. However, there are too many variables.

Being in 5 finals in 8 years for the lakers is pretty remarkable.

Clandestino
06-17-2008, 10:21 PM
i still dont think any of the pistons were/are superstars and they won

Mr. Body
06-17-2008, 10:24 PM
You have to have good leadership and a good team concept, which the Lakers lacked in the end. A fortunate playoff lineup helped big time; had the faced the Spurs earlier, or the Hornets, they might have been sent off much earlier. I wonder if their reserves and role players will be nearly as good as they were again, but they are still talented. Still, the fact that Kobe fancies himself a leader, when he is not a leader, and Phil fancies himself a great motivator, when he is not a motivator, hurts them in the long run.

Medvedenko
06-17-2008, 10:24 PM

Well they had 4 allstars....

shelshor
06-17-2008, 10:25 PM
The only one who believes that is KoMe

Medvedenko
06-17-2008, 10:27 PM
You have to have good leadership and a good team concept, which the Lakers lacked in the end. A fortunate playoff lineup helped big time; had the faced the Spurs earlier, or the Hornets, they might have been sent off much earlier. I wonder if their reserves and role players will be nearly as good as they were again, but they are still talented. Still, the fact that Kobe fancies himself a leader, when he is not a leader, and Phil fancies himself a great motivator, when he is not a motivator, hurts them in the long run.

I see you're still posting in my forum....but it's ok, no worries. You make some interesting points, but the Lakers under the leadership of Kobe and Phil are in the finals. It's 5 out of the last 8 years. They had their chances but got beat by a more hungry team.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-17-2008, 10:31 PM
I see you're still posting in my forum....but it's ok, no worries.

:wakeup:bking

Mr. Body
06-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Sorry I called you a cocksucker. Almost all Lakers fans are idiotic prigs, but maybe not all. I still don't get why you don't hang out on your own forums. It's bizarre to me. Going away isn't that hard.

O-Factor
06-17-2008, 10:32 PM
He can win another one if he choses to ride coattails.....AGAIN>

Avitus1
06-17-2008, 10:33 PM
Shaq + Kobe = Championship....

Medvedenko
06-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Sorry I called you a cocksucker. Almost all Lakers fans are idiotic prigs, but maybe not all. I still don't get why you don't hang out on your own forums. It's bizarre to me. Going away isn't that hard.

Like I said....this is my board of choice.

SAtown
06-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Kobe will never play in another Finals game

Medvedenko
06-17-2008, 10:44 PM
Kobe will never play in another Finals game

Well, I would wager that the Spurs will not be in the finals for a long time to come as well. Their window is a definitely closed in comparison to this laker squad. But thanks for your post.

Ghazi
06-17-2008, 10:44 PM
The criticism of Kobe is somewhat baffling. I think people are underrating how good the Celtics are and underrating Bynum's absence. He has played poor in this series, but so did Lebron against the Celtics. I think only a low post scorer would be capable of punishing this Celtics D and the Lakers didn't have that. Although it's irrelevant, I think the Spurs would've been a more interesting series because of Duncan's presence and their superior defense.

Medvedenko
06-17-2008, 10:47 PM
The criticism of Kobe is somewhat baffling. I think people are underrating how good the Celtics are and underrating Bynum's absence. He has played poor in this series, but so did Lebron against the Celtics. I think only a low post scorer would be capable of punishing this Celtics D and the Lakers didn't have that. Although it's irrelevant, I think the Spurs would've been a more interesting series because of Duncan's presence and their superior defense.

Yes, I agree. The C's have 3 superstar players. No other team in the league can boast that. It's nice to see the C's back up their claims with a title.

SAtown
06-17-2008, 10:48 PM
Well, I would wager that the Spurs will not be in the finals for a long time to come as well. Their window is a definitely closed in comparison to this laker squad. But thanks for your post.

That's cool, but this is a Kobe thread. But thanks for your post.

ducks
06-17-2008, 10:51 PM
You Have Have A Coach That Can Get Your Star A Shot Off
All Phil Knows Is Triangle

Ghazi
06-17-2008, 11:04 PM
Since the Miami Cheat's title is tainted, fluky, and illegit :D, this Shaq Kobe argument can go both ways. Kobe can't win without Shaq, Shaq can't win without Kobe. But those statements are not true, Kobe is still capable of winning a title. Winning titles is hard, it takes A LOT of pieces to win it all and the Celtics had that this year. Just because Kobe hasn't won one without Shaq yet doesn't mean he isn't capable. Keep in mind he's only been Shaqless for 4 years now and 3 of those Laker teams were horrible.

shelshor
06-18-2008, 01:14 AM
You Have Have A Coach That Can Get Your Star A Shot Off
All Phil Knows Is Triangle

The only thing Tex Winter taught Phillatio was Triangle

J.T.
06-18-2008, 03:08 AM
Well they had 4 allstars....

Not to nitpick, but in 2004 the Pistons only had two All-Stars, Ben Wallace (also DPOY winner) and Rasheed Wallace. Billups and Hamilton weren't All-Stars until 2006, and Prince was in the early years of his career. They didn't have any "superstars" like Duncan, Kobe, Shaq, LeBron, Nowitzki, Wade, Nash, etc. In 2004, they were just a team of solid players that played great together.

It's sort of like the 2003 Spurs team, but the Spurs had two superstars. Parker and Ginobili weren't All-Stars or Top 5 at their position in that season.

DazedAndConfused
06-18-2008, 03:16 AM
MOST teams don't win a title in the NBA unless they have at least two legitimate stars.

The Spurs have 3, the Celtics have 3, the Lakers really only have 1 but Kobe is so good he's like 1.5. It was obvious they needed another player besides Kobe to pickup the scoring load, but neither Odom nor Gasol were able to do that. Bynum COULD grow into that player, but LAL is best served trading Odom+pieces for a starting SF that can help Kobe out in that department now.

jacobdrj
06-18-2008, 03:40 AM

You undervalue what Ben Wallace brought to the table in his prime. He didn't disappear in the Finals. He was single-covering Shaq. Billups was as clutch as they come (before he lost his nerve). Hamilton was money. And Tay was still locking everybody up at that point. Sheed was a star, but was under-performing starting midway though the Pacers series.

But Ben was absolutely a superstar that year, and the year before that too.

TampaDude
06-18-2008, 07:32 AM
No Shaq = No Ring for Kobe