PDA

View Full Version : Why do fans believe the Celts will be a one hit wonder?

midnightpulp
06-17-2008, 10:22 PM
Garnett, Pierce, and Allen aren't going to experience some drastic regression within the course of a year. Rondo, Perkins, and Powe will be better, and they still have a great defensive foundation, which honestly, is the best I've seen since our 99 Spurs.

This team is the favorite next year.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-17-2008, 10:24 PM
I agree.
Like the saying goes, they're the champs until they get knocked out. Which won't be for quite a while.

Gino
06-17-2008, 10:25 PM
They'll definately be the favorite in the East for the next few years.

But I expect better competition from the west. Hard to believe the Spurs would have folded the way the Lakers did tonight.

Medvedenko
06-17-2008, 10:31 PM
They'll definately be the favorite in the East for the next few years.

But I expect better competition from the west. Hard to believe the Spurs would have folded the way the Lakers did tonight.

Great kiss ass post....yes the C's will be back. Their core of Pierce, Allen and Garnett will be back. I can see them get some hungry role players to take over for Cassell, PJ Brown etc. And given the weak east, they could be back. I foresee an injury plagued season though.

Avitus1
06-17-2008, 10:34 PM
The West will be harder next year... the East wont be nearly as hard, simple as that.

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/8346/1213335026355dd8.gif
:lmao

Mr. Body
06-17-2008, 10:39 PM
They're odds-on favorites next year, no doubt. No one is matching them at this point.

Medvedenko
06-17-2008, 10:42 PM
I love listening to Mike Breen with comments like the Celtics of old would appreciate this Cinderella story....please they have 3 legit superstar players still in their prime.

ducks
06-17-2008, 10:46 PM
kg and allen are not in their prime
HELLO

J.T.
06-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Celtics have a great shot to win the East next year, but if a stronger West team comes out, they could fail to repeat.

shelshor
06-18-2008, 12:02 AM
Still not convinced that Doc Rivers is a good enough coach to get to another Finals, much less another title

JoeTait75
06-18-2008, 12:06 AM
If their stable of young bigs continues to develop and if Rondo finds a jump shot, they're going to be awfully tough for the next few years. Having Thibodeaux for at least one more season will help them a lot.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Celts can go the way of the Pistons

dknights411
06-18-2008, 12:08 AM
The Celtics are in the East, that alone will give them a shot for the next 4-5 years.

pawe
06-18-2008, 12:11 AM
they sure are lucky theyre playing in the east. They wont be in the finals that easily if they're in the west.

JoeTait75
06-18-2008, 12:12 AM
they sure are lucky theyre playing in the east. They wont be in the finals that easily if they're in the west.

The Lakers got through the West easier than the C's got through the East.

The notion of Western supremacy is way overblown. That conference writes checks only the Spurs can cash.

JamStone
06-18-2008, 12:13 AM
They should contend for the next 3-4 years. Ray Allen will be the first to start to decline. But, if they can retool every summer with some patchwork role players, they should contend as long as Pierce and KG stay near the level they were this year. Like I said, that should be another 3-4 years.

TheMACHINE
06-18-2008, 12:14 AM
Celtics might bust a Miami next year.....

You wonder if they'll be as motivated

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-18-2008, 12:18 AM
Celtics defense is too good for them to go the way of Miami.

Their roleplayers are a lot more admirable than Antoine Walker, and J-Will

pawe
06-18-2008, 12:29 AM
The Lakers got through the West easier than the C's got through the East.

The notion of Western supremacy is way overblown. That conference writes checks only the Spurs can cash.

are you serious? If you think west superiority is exaggerated this year then you might shit your pants next year with the number of quality teams getting their game on. shit, even the blazers might get the number 1 seed with the quality of players they're going to parade.

gameFACE
06-18-2008, 12:44 AM
Two hours after winning a championship - yes, I would say they're the odds on favorite to win next year.............

JoeTait75
06-18-2008, 12:46 AM
are you serious? If you think west superiority is exaggerated this year then you might shit your pants next year with the number of quality teams getting their game on. shit, even the blazers might get the number 1 seed with the quality of players they're going to parade.

Until a West team other than San Antonio does something besides show their ass in the Finals, it's all talk.

Capt Bringdown
06-18-2008, 01:38 AM
Seems to me this mighty Celtics defense struggled to dispatch the mighty Atlanta Hawks, and barely beat an inferior Cavs squad that the Spurs swept last year.

They deserved the title this year, but they hardly look invulnerable going forward. But who knows what bag of tricks the NBA has up it's sleeve next year?

Will LeBron be traded to the Celtics for a bag of peanuts and a half stick of gum?

Will Dwight Howard, CP3, and the next 20 #1 draft picks be picked up by the Lakers in exchange for a can of shoe polish and some saltine crackers?

QuietDynasty
06-18-2008, 02:12 AM
Still not convinced that Doc Rivers is a good enough coach to get to another Finals, much less another title

agreed, plus he got handed the trophy basically, he just sat back and watched his over hill stars push it , maybe for the first and last time, they're in their 30's as we speak and aren't getting younger

DazedAndConfused
06-18-2008, 02:23 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that the Celtics will be back in the NBA Finals next year. Who the fuck in the East is going to challenge them?

Maybe the Cavs......and that's only if they get Lebron some help.