ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-18-2008, 03:32 AM
ANYTHINGGGG'S POSSIBLLLLEEE!!! Then he breaks down crying for his mama. :lmao

Timeless. It gets funnier on repeat.

KG : I'm Certified. I'm Certified.

Certifiably insane!

m33p0
06-18-2008, 03:34 AM
kleenex is looking for someone to promote their brand. so is prozac and lithium.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-18-2008, 08:41 AM
That was pot deserving.

degenerate_gambler
06-18-2008, 08:51 AM
he's got a career in acting after he's done playing ball. I thought I was going to vomit when he entered the press room to take questions...standing there holding the ball, breathing deeply 6-8 times to get his composure, leaning on the table for support, with his cap pulled over his face.

hater
06-18-2008, 08:55 AM
a chessy nutcase. one of a kind.

xtremesteven33
06-18-2008, 10:28 AM
that was so funny man.

JamStone
06-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Definitely a certifiably insane nut.

At the same time, I appreciate the fact that he appreciates finally winning a championship so much. Say what you want to say about the guy as a choker, a punk on the court, what have you, the guy cares about winning, is passionate about the game, and genuinely appreciated the moment.

A guy like Tim Duncan is all class, no doubt about it. But, all of his success has afforded him the luxury of not being as emotional as you saw KG last night. I give big ups to KG, despite all his flaws, all his chokes, all his screams and chest bumps. The guy cares. He has been destroyed by failure, and he finally is part of a championship. Go ahead, young man. Let it out.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-18-2008, 10:37 AM

At the same time, I appreciate the fact that he appreciates finally winning a championship so much. Say what you want to say about the guy as a choker, a punk on the court, what have you, the guy cares about winning, is passionate about the game, and genuinely appreciated the moment.

A guy like Tim Duncan is all class, no doubt about it. But, all of his success has afforded him the luxury of not being as emotional as you saw KG last night. I give big ups to KG, despite all his flaws, all his chokes, all his screams and chest bumps. The guy cares. He has been destroyed by failure, and he finally is part of a championship. Go ahead, young man. Let it out.

KG in the post-presser said the feeling was like finally beating a bully's ass.
It was weird, but understandable. Especially when basketball is your life, and you have to put up with all those criticisms.
I know Tim is a different person than KG and prefer how he treats the game, and admire his attitude and competitive perspective more, but I can't really knock KG for breaking down in front of the camera like that. He's weird though. Years of losing in Minnesota really broke him, but to be fair he was, what , one of the first players out of HS?? All that pressure/hype must have gotten to him at some point. :lol

DDS4
06-18-2008, 10:43 AM

It's always interesting to see a 1st timer or 10+ year vets win their first championship.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-18-2008, 10:48 AM
It's always interesting to see a 1st timer or 10+ year vets win their first championship.
We got to see Finley last year. Finley was similarly ecstatic , though a lot more lucid.

m33p0
06-18-2008, 10:49 AM
he definitely went off the deep end.

Kriz-Maxima
06-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Maybe I'm biased against him, but I felt he was faking it.

xtremesteven33
06-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Maybe I'm biased against him, but I felt he was faking it.

i honestly think he held back some.

its one of those feelings where you want to run a long way to vent all the emotion and joy you have.

i really think he held back in front of michellle tafoya

dbreiden83080
06-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Duncan even wins better than this guy. SHow a little restraint and watch the language Garnett, kids are watching you jackass.

balli
06-18-2008, 12:14 PM
Duncan even wins better than this guy. SHow a little restraint and watch the language Garnett, kids are watching you jackass.

I hate watching Duncan win championships. His gay ass little hops with his one arm in the air suck. I said it last night- I always hate watching the Spurs get mildly excited before I get the feeling they're heading home to a cup of chamomile and a good book.

And... fuck the children. Who are you Rev. Lovejoy's wife?

dbreiden83080
06-18-2008, 12:20 PM
I hate watching Duncan win championships. His gay ass little hops with his one arm in the air suck. I said it last night- I always hate watching the Spurs get mildly excited before I get the feeling they're heading home to a cup of chamomile and a good book.

Duncan wins like a role model should. He is pure class.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-18-2008, 12:22 PM

I have to admit, 2007's on court celebration was the most subdued celebration I've seen in recent championships.
Even Manu was quiet after sinking the free throw, and he's one of the more passionate players.
I think the 2005 Spurs on court celebration had more emotions because of the level of competition. That's why I wanted the Spurs 5th one this year. THey deserved a lot better than the Cavs.

And... fuck the children. Who are you Rev. Lovejoy's wife? :lol

Yeah, there was a delay anyway. The children's "Freakin ears" were safe.

xtremesteven33
06-18-2008, 12:23 PM
imagine next year

San Antonio Spurs vs Boston Celtics

Ronaldo McDonald
06-18-2008, 12:32 PM

Isn't he making like 30 mil a year? I could be wrong...

If a he cared about winning so much he would have given up some of his ridiculous salary before so his teams could have a chance. Timmy D did it. KG prioritizes his money - a ridiculously excessive amount of it - before of winning. His "passion" is misleading.

balli
06-18-2008, 12:40 PM

Duncan wins like a puss. When it comes to his game I respect the hell out of him, but watching him barely celebrate is painful.

I really fail to see the correlation between KG getting really excited about winning a ring and a lack of class. Perhaps you would have preferred he smile briefly, silently shake hands with each of the Lakers, then retreat to the lockers to quietly get dressed and go home.

WRYeqGZRo9Q

dbreiden83080
06-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Duncan wins like a puss. When it comes to his game I respect the hell out of him, but watching him barely celebrate is painful.

I really fail to see the correlation between KG getting really excited about winning a ring and a lack of class. Perhaps you would have preferred he smile briefly, silently shake hands with each of the Lakers, then retreat to the lockers to quietly get dressed and go home.

WRYeqGZRo9Q

He cursed a few times and had to be edited out. Duncan thanks all his teammates and does it like a gentleman. That is all i am going to say on this one, rant and rave all you want.

JamStone
06-18-2008, 01:27 PM

That's retarded... just like the dress code and FIBA basketball.

JamStone
06-18-2008, 01:29 PM

If a he cared about winning so much he would have given up some of his ridiculous salary before so his teams could have a chance. Timmy D did it. KG prioritizes his money - a ridiculously excessive amount of it - before of winning. His "passion" is misleading.

KG actually restructured his contract when he was still in Minnesota (when it was still allowed under the CBA) so the Timberwolves could do just that.

And, when he signed an extension, again he took a pay cut, even more than Tim Duncan is going to. This past season, KG made $24.8 million. Next season, he'll go down to $16.4 million.

Your bias and hate are not misleading at all.

dbreiden83080
06-18-2008, 01:58 PM
That's retarded... just like the dress code and FIBA basketball.

:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

All day long on that one

JamStone
06-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Well think about it. It's not really that bad, but still, is that "pure" class?

I'm just saying...

Ronaldo McDonald
06-18-2008, 02:05 PM
KG actually restructured his contract when he was still in Minnesota (when it was still allowed under the CBA) so the Timberwolves could do just that.

And, when he signed an extension, again he took a pay cut, even more than Tim Duncan is going to. This past season, KG made $24.8 million. Next season, he'll go down to $16.4 million.

Your bias and hate are not misleading at all.

I don't hate KG. In fact there was a thread not long ago where I was one of the only people who stood up for him (in fact, it was a TD vs. KG thread, so where you got that I was biased I have no clue). can you tell me? Exactly you're full of shit, so quit pretending you know who the fuck I am.

Anti.Hero
06-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Attention Whore.

SenorSpur
06-18-2008, 02:13 PM

The first time is always the best. I've even heard Tim say that.

JamStone
06-18-2008, 02:24 PM
I don't hate KG. In fact there was a thread not long ago where I was one of the only people who stood up for him (in fact, it was a TD vs. KG thread, so where you got that I was biased I have no clue). can you tell me? Exactly you're full of shit, so quit pretending you know who the fuck I am.

I don't memorize the posts of other posters.

And, why go off topic. I just made a post that proved your assumptions and assertions incorrect. Why not respond to the fact that KG actually did take a paycut, and that it is actually a bigger paycut that what Tim Duncan is taking? That was the point of your post anyway to prove that KG prioritizes money and his passion is misleading. How about actually responding to the topic instead of defending your messageboard honor.

I called you bias because you made inaccurate assertions based on inaccurate contentions, meaning your argument was inaccurate, which led me to believe that you were grasping at false "facts" and jack squat to try to make KG appear something he's not.

Sorry for hurting your e-feelings by calling you biased.

stretch
06-18-2008, 02:28 PM
im not a KG fan by any means, as many of you know... but i had no problem with him being emotional over the win, considering all the times he came up short. that is one thing i do like about him, is that he really appreciate winning. he was acting like a bit of a fool, but oh well, he was happy. why would i hate on a guy for being happy?

congrats to KG. but Dirk and Duncan >>> KG still.

Ignignokt
06-18-2008, 02:46 PM

Don't take your scrote problems and your testicle disability that hinders you to sprout kids to make you angry at them.

You hate the boring spurs. Go watch karl malone nuts shrivel in the finals. With a bitch posse of stockton and malone, you should be the last mormon wife to bitch about basketball boredom.

Repent, put down the pipe and obey your polygamist husband before he backhands you like the pioneer dress wearing bohemian livestrong bracelet jog enthusiast bitch you are.

JustSpurs
06-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Don't take your scrote problems and your testicle disability that hinders you to sprout kids to make you angry at them.

You hate the boring spurs. Go watch karl malone nuts shrivel in the finals. With a bitch posse of stockton and malone, you should be the last mormon wife to bitch about basketball boredom.

Repent, put down the pipe and obey your polygamist husband before he backhands you like the pioneer dress wearing bohemian livestrong bracelet jog enthusiast bitch you are.

Just Wow! :lmao

Ronaldo McDonald
06-18-2008, 04:28 PM
I don't memorize the posts of other posters.

And, why go off topic. I just made a post that proved your assumptions and assertions incorrect. Why not respond to the fact that KG actually did take a paycut, and that it is actually a bigger paycut that what Tim Duncan is taking? That was the point of your post anyway to prove that KG prioritizes money and his passion is misleading. How about actually responding to the topic instead of defending your messageboard honor.

I called you bias because you made inaccurate assertions based on inaccurate contentions, meaning your argument was inaccurate, which led me to believe that you were grasping at false "facts" and jack squat to try to make KG appear something he's not.

Sorry for hurting your e-feelings by calling you biased.

Basically, you're wrong. You think I hate KG because I said I thought he priotized money. That doesn't mean I hate him, or that I have any bias. It just means, plain and simple, that what I thought to be true was actually false. I wasn't "grasping at facts" when in my original post I even stated that I "could be wrong".

JamStone
06-18-2008, 04:49 PM
You didn't say you "could be wrong" about KG not taking a paycut. You said you "could be wrong" about the amount of money he made.

At any rate, your representation of KG based on inaccurate facts shows bias.

But if you want to make a semantical argument, fine. Take my claims of you hating and being biased as an opinion. At least my opinion is based on something reasonable. You based your opinion of KG as prioritizing money and having misleading passion on FALSE "facts."

Ronaldo McDonald
06-18-2008, 04:58 PM
You didn't say you "could be wrong" about KG not taking a paycut. You said you "could be wrong" about the amount of money he made.

At any rate, your representation of KG based on inaccurate facts shows bias.

But if you want to make a semantical argument, fine. Take my claims of you hating and being biased as an opinion. At least my opinion is based on something reasonable. You based your opinion of KG as prioritizing money and having misleading passion on FALSE "facts."

"Could be wrong" referred to the fact that I thought Kevin Garnett hadn't yet taken a pay cut. This stems from the fact I thought I remembered hearing at one point that he made was originally making 30 mil a year.

Ronaldo McDonald
06-18-2008, 05:04 PM
And, how do you come to the conclusion that I am being biased and hate KG because i asserted something that I thought was true, but was actually wrong? I was misinformed, plain and simple. There's no bias involved at all.

JamStone
06-18-2008, 05:04 PM

Then you're just not very bright or ignorant about how the CBA, salaries, and how taking a paycut works.

And, since you didn't even take the time to find out, it's your own ignorance that paints the picture that you're biased and just hating.

At any rate, it wouldn't even matter if KG did in fact make $30 million this season because the only way a player can take a "paycut" under the new CBA is when he signs an extension with his current club with a salary less than the current contract has. For example, Tim Duncan makes $20 million this upcoming season and and $22 million the following season. Duncan taking a paycut doesn't take effect until the 2010-11 NBA season.

Hence, one who is ignorant or refuses to do the proper research before making inaccurate contentions can say, "doesn't Tim Duncan make $20 million next year. Why is he selfish and doesn't take a paycut to help the Spurs re-tool the roster?" That would be in effect the same type of statement you made about KG. KG's "paycut" doesn't take effect until next season.

So, I guess you can just disregard me calling you biased and a hater. You're just an uninformed and ignorant poster.

My bad.

JamStone
06-18-2008, 05:05 PM
And, how do you come to the conclusion that I am being biased and hate KG because i asserted something that I thought was true, but was wrong? I was misinformed, plain and simple.

It's called a deduction based on your comment. An opinion.

I just said disregard that opinion in my above post.

You're just uninformed and ignorant.

I stand corrected.

mavsfan1000
06-18-2008, 05:26 PM
I'll take passion over class anyday. Well done Garnett and fuck the haters.

Ronaldo McDonald
06-18-2008, 05:34 PM
It's called a deduction based on your comment. An opinion.

I just said disregard that opinion in my above post.

You're just uninformed and ignorant.

I stand corrected.

And you are uninformed, ignorant, and bias by presuming I hated and had bias against KG instead of being uninformed and ignorant.

JamStone
06-18-2008, 05:47 PM
LOL good one

SPURSGOAT
06-18-2008, 06:44 PM
I crack up every time I watch this...

To tell you the truth I am kinda glad KG finally won a ring and all.. but the guy is totally insane.

ludda
06-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Did he tell Michelle that she "looked good tonight" at one point? I have a hard time understanding his gibberish. Funny stuff.

gasolina
06-18-2008, 07:15 PM
im not a KG fan by any means, as many of you know... but i had no problem with him being emotional over the win, considering all the times he came up short. that is one thing i do like about him, is that he really appreciate winning. he was acting like a bit of a fool, but oh well, he was happy. why would i hate on a guy for being happy?

congrats to KG. but Dirk and Duncan >>> KG still.

Duncan>KG still. But Dirk? C'mon man! Dirk has yet to win one!:wow

mavsfan1000
06-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Duncan>KG still. But Dirk? C'mon man! Dirk has yet to win one!:wow
That says nothing. KG couldn't take Minnesota to the playoffs a couple years straight. It's all about the team around you.

SPURSGOAT
06-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Did he tell Michelle that she "looked good tonight" at one point? I have a hard time understanding his gibberish. Funny stuff.

ha-ha! yea he did say that.... :lol

Ronaldo McDonald
06-18-2008, 08:23 PM
I would rather have KG than Dirk. With Kg on your team, your interior defense is going to be pretty good, and that's key for any contender. It's not an easy choice. It depends on how you structure the team around them.

mavsfan1000
06-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Here is a song for you KG. You deserve it with your dedication. http://youtube.com/watch?v=k36RNvcvkvc

David Bowie
06-18-2008, 10:10 PM
kleenex is looking for someone to promote their brand. so is prozac and lithium.

:downspin:

For some reason I stopped hating on KG after his postgame performance. :bking

E20
06-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Acted like a complete lunatic.

Pablo Escobar
06-19-2008, 12:17 AM
:dramaquee= KG

cash459
06-19-2008, 01:19 PM
I dont know if anyone else thought about this or caught it, but when he yells out "Anything is Possible!, anything is possible!"....anybody think that he may have been trying to use the adidas slogan "impossible is nothing" and just blew it!?

i mean, it would make sense for him to use the adidas catch phrase, since he is a newly crowned champ & giving his first interview, seeing as how adidas is one of, if not the biggest sponsor he has. just some food for thought.

(it was talked about on sports radio today)

balli
06-19-2008, 01:41 PM
That's immediately what I thought. I was wearing an Adidas shirt at the time with that slogan printed on the front of it and I looked down and at it and smiled while I thought about it for a second. However, I decided it was just coincidence. I don't think he purposely did it at all.

Ronaldo McDonald
06-19-2008, 03:21 PM
I've never seen anyone as emotional after winning it all as him. I think he used up all of his emotion. Next year he'll be like Tim Duncan.

kcplayboi26
06-19-2008, 06:02 PM

lol hahaha