PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Trophy Presentation and Possible Banner Ceremony?

SenorSpur
06-18-2008, 08:47 AM
Now that the Finals are over and the Lakers, uh, I mean the Fakers, have received their WC championship trophy, I wonder if they will schedule a ceremony to raise their WC Championship banner to the rafters during the regular season opener?

midnightpulp
06-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Now that the Finals are over and the Lakers, uh, I mean the Fakers, have received their WC championship trophy, I wonder if they will schedule a ceremony to raise their WC Championship banner to the rafters during the regular season opener?

The Mavs did this, correct?

I don't see a franchise as storied as the Lakers doing the same.

2Cleva
06-18-2008, 09:33 AM
You do realize that LA is one of only 2 franchises that don't raise conference (29) or division (28) banners.

And the Spurs aren't the other one.

spurscenter
06-18-2008, 09:42 AM
lakers will also retire Sasha Jersey

dknights411
06-18-2008, 09:45 AM
You do realize that LA is one of only 2 franchises that don't raise conference (29) or division (28) banners.

So?

DazedAndConfused
06-18-2008, 11:22 AM

OWNED :lmao

SenorSpur
06-18-2008, 11:52 AM
OWNED :lmao

Rather "doors blown off" by 39 points :lmao

DazedAndConfused
06-18-2008, 12:00 PM
^Pathetic attempt at changing the subject.

mexicanjunior
06-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Actually, the last time I went to the AT&T center, I did not see individual banners for every division title. They had the championship banners, and then 1 banner with all the years for each division title...

dknights411
06-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Actually, the last time I went to the AT&T center, I did not see individual banners for every division title. They had the championship banners, and then 1 banner with all the years for each division title...

Actually, I'm pretty sure the Spurs hung a second division banner because they ran out of room on the first one! :lol

rAm
06-18-2008, 12:32 PM

you mean conference title?

J.T.
06-18-2008, 01:02 PM

I bet you one hundred billion dollars that you couldn't find a conference or division champs banner in the AT&T Center.

mexicanjunior
06-18-2008, 01:35 PM
you mean conference title?

Since the Spurs have never won the conference and not gone on to win the championship, I don't think they hang the WC banners, just the championships. I could be wrong though...

deadratsam
06-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I was going to say that when the Spurs win the conference and would be able to raise a conference banner, they have the decency to follow that up with a championship banner.

CubanMustGo
06-18-2008, 04:30 PM

So sorry we don't date back to an era when there were a total of six teams in the playoffs, and when dunking was something cops did with donuts. :rolleyes

spursfan09
06-18-2008, 04:35 PM

Oh yea congrats for the Lakers existing longer than the Spurs.

midnightpulp
06-18-2008, 11:57 PM
So sorry we don't date back to an era when there were a total of six teams in the playoffs, and when dunking was something cops did with donuts. :rolleyes

Pretty silly how they claim those titles won in Minneapolis as if they have some relevancy. Most people became fans of the Lakers in the West/Baylor era. Who in the hell cared about the NBA in the 50s?

--Los Angeles Lakers (NBA, 1961-2008) — 9 League Championships and 44 Playoff Appearances--

Still dominant as hell, and I personally have them higher than Celtics as the greatest NBA franchise since the majority of their titles came in a much tougher, salary cap era. That said, Los Angeles Laker Fan should quit acting like he was there to witness Mikan dominating a key that actually looked like a key.

DazedAndConfused
06-19-2008, 12:44 AM
So the Celtics should not hang up 11 of their division titles that they won in the 1960's era?

spursfan09
06-19-2008, 07:15 AM
So the Celtics should not hang up 11 of their division titles that they won in the 1960's era?

No, everbody should be able to hang thier accomplishments if they want. No matter how long ago it was, no matter if they are division titles or conference ones and so on. Spurs have only been in NBA for like 35 years, compared to the Lakers and Celts they are still a young. Sorry we celebrated our accomplishments.

cash459
06-19-2008, 07:49 AM
Pretty silly how they claim those titles won in Minneapolis as if they have some relevancy. Most people became fans of the Lakers in the West/Baylor era. Who in the hell cared about the NBA in the 50s?

--Los Angeles Lakers (NBA, 1961-2008) — 9 League Championships and 44 Playoff Appearances--

Still dominant as hell, and I personally have them higher than Celtics as the greatest NBA franchise since the majority of their titles came in a much tougher, salary cap era. That said, Los Angeles Laker Fan should quit acting like he was there to witness Mikan dominating a key that actually looked like a key.

If you read DAC, he was talking about the NBA in the 50s not the 60s. By what he wrote, he counts everything in the 60s, so that would include anything both the lakers AND celtics did in that time.

AND....the Spurs do not have conference title banners hanging.

pathetic attempt for lakers fan to take a shot at Spurs/Spurs fan.

TheMACHINE
06-19-2008, 11:12 AM
pathetic attempt for lakers fan to take a shot at Spurs/Spurs fan.

Yet you dont think the original topic was a pathetic attempt for a spurs fan to take a shot at Lakers/Lakers fans?

td4mvp21
06-19-2008, 11:52 AM
I thought it was a shot at the Mavericks :lol

cash459
06-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Yet you dont think the original topic was a pathetic attempt for a spurs fan to take a shot at Lakers/Lakers fans?

i never said that. I think that there are a lot of people who make posts to "take shots" at other fans....not all are good, case in point this one and anything made by 21_blessings... :lmao....anybody seen/heard from that guy!? :rollin

cash459
06-19-2008, 01:22 PM
I thought it was a shot at the Mavericks :lol

:lol :toast

FromWayDowntown
06-19-2008, 01:53 PM
I bet you one hundred billion dollars that you couldn't find a conference or division champs banner in the AT&T Center.

You mean other than the smaller, black banners hanging to the north of the NBA championship banners -- other than the ones that say "Western Conference Champions 1999", "Western Conference Champions 2003," "Western Conference Champions 2005," and "Western Conference Champions 2007"

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3115/2412705026_fe5948428b.jpg?v=0

DazedAndConfused
06-19-2008, 02:01 PM
J.T. has a history of not owning up to bets much like his twin Mono.

0201rinckwater
06-19-2008, 02:41 PM
the Spurs raise them, but the ceremony is during the playoffs not the next season

FromWayDowntown
06-19-2008, 02:45 PM
they raise them, but the ceremony is during the playoffs not the next season

There isn't even a ceremony -- for all but the title banners now, all that happens is that the banner is up and unveiled at the beginning of the Finals and before the Spurs lineup is introduced at the first home game, a spotlight shines on the banner for about 30 seconds without any music or narration.

Laker fan can ridicule the Spurs for continuing to hoist banners for things other than NBA titles, but Spurs fans know that there has been big-time progress in terms of prioritizing accomplishments around here. It wasn't that long ago that the Spurs hung banners for every divisional crown -- no longer. I suspect that when the Spurs win #5, the conference championship banners will come down, too.

DazedAndConfused
06-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Laker fans could care less what other teams decide to do in their arenas. The OP and fellow Spur fan made perhaps the dumbest comment on here that Laker fans should start hanging up conference title banners, which is in fact exactly what the Spurs do and the Lakers do not. We're just pointing out his idiocy.

IronMexican
06-19-2008, 03:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vGzth8cCag

lol, suns fans.

FromWayDowntown
06-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Laker fans could care less what other teams decide to do in their arenas.

. . . . or about anything else that fans of other teams might say or do. It's lucky for us that Lakers fans have that isolationist view of their team -- I'd hate to see them insecurely hanging around a Spurs forum for weeks after the Spurs season ended or anything like that. . . .

nashzilla
06-19-2008, 04:43 PM

lol, suns fans.

we own the bitch ass lakers in the playoffs. go fuck yourself.

IronMexican
06-19-2008, 05:35 PM
we own the bitch ass lakers in the playoffs. go fuck yourself.

and how many titles did you guys win after beating us? they got you none. at least we got to the finals:lol

TheMACHINE
06-19-2008, 05:38 PM

lol, suns fans.

:wow

nashzilla
06-19-2008, 08:19 PM
and how many titles did you guys win after beating us? they got you none. at least we got to the finals:lol

doesnt take away the fact that phoenix has some of the most loyal fan base in the NBA. now go fuck yourself with your weak attempt at disrespecting. fuck the choke artist number 24. serves him right for picking that number. kobe shouldve picked #22 because to think he is even in the same breath as michael jordan is the most bullshit piece of shit statement since david koresh said he was jesus.

Mr Dio
06-19-2008, 11:36 PM

Where would they place the *?

* (Denotes was given WC by NBA refs & not actually earned).

DazedAndConfused
06-20-2008, 01:26 AM
Where would they place the *?

* (Denotes was given WC by NBA refs & not actually earned).

http://medjeti.com/img/wahmbulance.jpg

IronMexican
06-20-2008, 04:22 AM
doesnt take away the fact that phoenix has some of the most loyal fan base in the NBA. now go fuck yourself with your weak attempt at disrespecting. fuck the choke artist number 24. serves him right for picking that number. kobe shouldve picked #22 because to think he is even in the same breath as michael jordan is the most bullshit piece of shit statement since david koresh said he was jesus.

:lol nice to know im getting under you're skin.

anakha
06-20-2008, 06:36 AM
. . . . or about anything else that fans of other teams might say or do. It's lucky for us that Lakers fans have that isolationist view of their team -- I'd hate to see them insecurely hanging around a Spurs forum for weeks after the Spurs season ended or anything like that. . . .

:lmao

MadDog73
06-20-2008, 09:04 AM

lol, suns fans.

6:44

"You know, one of the columnists here said it right, he said he would rather have Charles Barkley than Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan is probably the best player in the world, but Charles Barkley makes the players around him better."

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-20-2008, 09:27 AM

lol, suns fans.

That's both sad and admirable at the same time.

Pretty supportive fans they were.

Mr Dio
06-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Would the l*kers' * on their WC banner be black, piss or flaming purple? :lol

der Kaiser
06-23-2008, 02:53 AM
:lol
6:44

"You know, one of the columnists here said it right, he said he would rather have Charles Barkley than Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan is probably the best player in the world, but Charles Barkley makes the players around him better."

If you are a Suns player why do you even agree to participate?

3:11

"we are the second best team but we have the best fans in the world."

5:01

Sir Charles: "Its unbalievable, I said we had the best fans in the world."

Reporter: "and you didnt win anything I bet in Chicago they didnt celebrate this much"

I bet they did. :lol

The NBA its Fannntastic.