PDA

View Full Version : Word Of The Day: Ginobili

PoleSmoking
06-18-2008, 09:38 AM
This comes from Basketbawful.com ... very funny stuff. See, this is what most NBA fans --those who don't live in San Antonio-- think of Manure Ginobili:

Ginobili (gi-nob'-blee) verb. 1. To flop in response to minimal (or perhaps fictitious) contact in order to draw a foul. 2. To greatly overreact to little or no physical stimuli for personal gain.

Usage example: The guy I was guarding just toppled over and started writhing around. I barely touched him, but he got the foul call and his team won the game. I totally got Ginobili'd.

Word history: This word, inspired by Reebok's You got Rondo'd viral video campaign, is destined to become the standard term for describing athletes who needlessly dive, flail, flop, tumble, and/or thrash about for a foul call (and extrapolates to refer to any person who overreacts to minimal physical contact for personal gain). Sure, there are plenty of players who behave this way, but Manu is by far our favorite. Manu, you may not have won the title this year, but you'll always be first our heart -- our cynical, sarcastic heart, that is.
:lmao

GrandeDavid
06-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Highly intellectual. Rent "Idiocracy" to see where American society is headed.

PoleSmoking
06-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Highly intellectual. Rent "Idiocracy" to see where American society is headed.

I've seen Idiocracy. Funny as hell. Now leave me alone, dude, I'm batin'.

AA2120
06-18-2008, 10:19 AM
i saw that movie and i thought i was high or something...
uhh no im supposed to be getting out of jail..that guy sat on my face and everything..lol

AA2120
06-18-2008, 10:21 AM
btw..i like basketbawful..i think its pretty funny..

urunobili
06-18-2008, 12:27 PM
ha! Ginobili may be FAR one of the most beat up players in the league... americans still getting abused by him react like an old man unable to get a hard on anymore tagging him with this "flop" sort of reputation... lame... :td

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-18-2008, 12:39 PM
ha! Ginobili may be FAR one of the most beat up players in the league... americans still getting abused by him react like an old man unable to get a hard on anymore tagging him with this "flop" sort of reputation... lame... :td

Before 2005 Denver Series with George Karl's tirades. No one had anything bad to say about Manu because he did what all coaches/ true NBA fans love in a basketball player.

I know, because I remember my Laker fan friends regular season just didn't like him because he had added flair and excitement in his game when he was still relatively new to Timmy's team...and they'd be like "whoa did you see that?" when he'd cut through four guys with a crazy contortion.. "that was a pretty good move... I hate him" and I'd laugh cuz that's before anyone knew who the fuck he was.

Pop's right, Manu gets an undeserved fucking Xenophobic stigma from non-Spurs fan.