PDA

View Full Version : Tiger needs another surgery.

clambake
06-18-2008, 10:18 AM
:depressed out for the rest of the year.

johnsmith
06-18-2008, 10:25 AM
That fucking sucks.

lebomb
06-18-2008, 10:54 AM
:cry

degenerate_gambler
06-18-2008, 10:55 AM
the guy was probably hurting a lot more than he let on and makes his Open win even more badass..

Evan
06-18-2008, 12:04 PM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g239/fossil123/tiger.jpg

Flight3107
06-18-2008, 01:38 PM
dude was playing on a broken leg and torn ligament in his knee and still won the US Open.

LEONARD
06-18-2008, 01:43 PM
dude was playing on a broken leg and torn ligament in his knee and still won the US Open.

over-state much? :lol

Evan
06-18-2008, 01:51 PM

smart man

:lol:lol

Yeah I cheated on the edit

DBryant88
06-18-2008, 02:29 PM
the guy was probably hurting a lot more than he let on and makes his Open win even more badass..

wow Sombody has no clue as to what their talking about

degenerate_gambler
06-18-2008, 02:41 PM

Haney: Tiger predicted U.S. Open victory despite two leg fractures

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Bob Harig
ESPN.com

We saw him limp through 91 holes, wince with every big swing and win the U.S. Open in a playoff over Rocco Mediate on Monday despite virtually no preparation for the tournament.

Now we are learning that Tiger Woods' participation and triumph in the major championship at Torrey Pines is even more remarkable.

Woods announced Wednesday that he will have reconstructive ACL surgery on his left knee and will miss the remainder of the golf season.

Hank Haney, Woods' swing coach, said Wednesday that the world's No. 1-ranked golfer defied his doctor's advice and even predicted he'd win the Open.

"The week of Memorial [two weeks before the Open], I thought there was no chance he could play," Haney said in a telephone interview from his home in Texas. "The doctors told him he needed to be on crutches for three weeks and then three more weeks of inactivity, and then you start rehabbing.

"But Tiger looked the guy in the eye and said, 'I'm playing in the U.S. Open and I'm going to win.' Then he started putting on his shoes and told me we're going to go practice. It's just incredible."

Woods will also need time to rehabilitate a double stress fracture of his left tibia that was discovered just prior to the Memorial. Those fractures were attributed to his rehab after arthroscopic knee surgery on April 15.

Haney said the extent of Woods' preparation for the U.S. Open was hitting four or five practice balls at a time before heading back to a golf cart.

"He couldn't walk," Haney said. "The 50 balls I'm talking about him hitting included the first 15 warm-up wedges. You're talking about 30 full swings a day."

"Tiger has such an incredible pain tolerance," Haney said. "When he said he was going to play, I knew he was going to play. The thing that concerned me most was, was he going to be able to walk? Was it just going to deteriorate so much that he wasn't going to be able to swing at all?

"And that didn't take into account the issue that he hadn't had any preparation. He didn't get to play. He didn't get to do anything. That was the concern. But Tiger has such an incredible pain tolerance.

"In my mind, I honestly thought he was just going to give it his best effort, his 100 percent best effort all the way up until the tournament. I knew he wasn't going to bag it two weeks before. He was going to hope for a miracle until the last possible point that he couldn't make it. In my mind, that was the most likely scenario: He just would try until the end and then come to the realization that he couldn't go. When he canceled out of the Memorial, he was in real bad shape then. He couldn't have played in the U.S. Open then. He couldn't even move."

Haney believes Woods had no choice but to go through with surgery now. And that, in the long run, he'll be better off.

"Why wouldn't he? I expect him to be much better than ever," Haney said. "He's going to have a strong leg and a structurally sound knee. He hasn't had that in years. There is no reason that he won't be better than he's ever been. He's going to have all this time to think about the improvements that he's going to make in his golf swing and everything else.

"It's just incredible he accomplished what he did. I'm so proud of him. I can't believe it. The guy's heart and his toughness ... wow. It really is just wow. I don't know what more you can say than that."

johnsmith
06-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Haney: Tiger predicted U.S. Open victory despite two leg fractures

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Bob Harig
ESPN.com

We saw him limp through 91 holes, wince with every big swing and win the U.S. Open in a playoff over Rocco Mediate on Monday despite virtually no preparation for the tournament.

Now we are learning that Tiger Woods' participation and triumph in the major championship at Torrey Pines is even more remarkable.

Woods announced Wednesday that he will have reconstructive ACL surgery on his left knee and will miss the remainder of the golf season.

Hank Haney, Woods' swing coach, said Wednesday that the world's No. 1-ranked golfer defied his doctor's advice and even predicted he'd win the Open.

"The week of Memorial [two weeks before the Open], I thought there was no chance he could play," Haney said in a telephone interview from his home in Texas. "The doctors told him he needed to be on crutches for three weeks and then three more weeks of inactivity, and then you start rehabbing.

"But Tiger looked the guy in the eye and said, 'I'm playing in the U.S. Open and I'm going to win.' Then he started putting on his shoes and told me we're going to go practice. It's just incredible."

Woods will also need time to rehabilitate a double stress fracture of his left tibia that was discovered just prior to the Memorial. Those fractures were attributed to his rehab after arthroscopic knee surgery on April 15.

Haney said the extent of Woods' preparation for the U.S. Open was hitting four or five practice balls at a time before heading back to a golf cart.

"He couldn't walk," Haney said. "The 50 balls I'm talking about him hitting included the first 15 warm-up wedges. You're talking about 30 full swings a day."

"Tiger has such an incredible pain tolerance," Haney said. "When he said he was going to play, I knew he was going to play. The thing that concerned me most was, was he going to be able to walk? Was it just going to deteriorate so much that he wasn't going to be able to swing at all?

"And that didn't take into account the issue that he hadn't had any preparation. He didn't get to play. He didn't get to do anything. That was the concern. But Tiger has such an incredible pain tolerance.

"In my mind, I honestly thought he was just going to give it his best effort, his 100 percent best effort all the way up until the tournament. I knew he wasn't going to bag it two weeks before. He was going to hope for a miracle until the last possible point that he couldn't make it. In my mind, that was the most likely scenario: He just would try until the end and then come to the realization that he couldn't go. When he canceled out of the Memorial, he was in real bad shape then. He couldn't have played in the U.S. Open then. He couldn't even move."

Haney believes Woods had no choice but to go through with surgery now. And that, in the long run, he'll be better off.

"Why wouldn't he? I expect him to be much better than ever," Haney said. "He's going to have a strong leg and a structurally sound knee. He hasn't had that in years. There is no reason that he won't be better than he's ever been. He's going to have all this time to think about the improvements that he's going to make in his golf swing and everything else.

"It's just incredible he accomplished what he did. I'm so proud of him. I can't believe it. The guy's heart and his toughness ... wow. It really is just wow. I don't know what more you can say than that."

FTW!!!

johnsmith
06-18-2008, 02:48 PM

Seriously, do you ever get tired of sounding like an idiot on this board?

tlongII
06-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Tiger is UNREAL! That has to be the most impressive victory of his career.

T Park
06-18-2008, 06:19 PM
For anybody that has hurt their foot or knee, not even to the extent that he did, will tell you how almost impossible it is to play the game.

Dude is a warrior.

The summer will now be VERY interesting in the race for the FEDEX Cup.

The Ryder Cup on the other man looks lost. Although, wouldn't shock me for the US team to play better as the pressure might be off their shoulders now that they don't have the best player in the world there.

jochhejaam
06-19-2008, 06:55 AM
So much for my Golf viewing for the rest of the year.

Here's how my newspaper columnist (Toledo Blade's, Dave Hackenberg) summed up the U.S. Open win;

"Best Golfer in the History of the World, Since the Beginning of Time and Forever and Ever, Amen"

Kriz-Maxima
06-19-2008, 12:40 PM
Amen.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-19-2008, 06:01 PM
For anybody that has hurt their foot or knee, not even to the extent that he did, will tell you how almost impossible it is to play the game.

Overexaggerate much?

Everyone is different, but I've played hockey on a torn ACL for the last three months, without the best doctors and painkillers in the world at my disposal.

Impressive, but not impossible by any stretch of the imagination.

Spur-Addict
06-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Overexaggerate much?

Everyone is different, but I've played hockey on a torn ACL for the last three months, without the best doctors and painkillers in the world at my disposal.

Did you know? If you did then damn man. I wouldn't have done it unless I was getting paid. For the love doesn't cut it unless i'm playing in the chip.

tsb2000
06-20-2008, 01:07 AM
In unrelated news, the Golf Channel decides to go on a 12 month hiatus from the airwaves since they know nobody will watch them now....lmao! :spin

T Park
06-20-2008, 04:46 PM
Overexaggerate much?

Overexaggerating an injury like he had, playing golf.

And you bring up hockey?

Good for you, hockey players are tough. Bravo.

How does that compare to what I said?