06-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Somebody had to do it....

http://www.kzs-zveza.si/kzs/slike/udrih_beno.jpg
Beno Udrih
Born: Jul 5, 1982
Height: 6-3 / 1,91
Weight: 205 lbs. / 93,0 kg.
Years Pro: 3

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/beno_udrih/index.html)

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-18-2008, 10:22 AM
:td Don't ever want him back ever.

Pero
06-18-2008, 10:29 AM
:lol

bdictjames
06-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Lol, was that picture necessary?

For the minimum I'd say yes.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-18-2008, 10:32 AM
That would be so FUNNY if Spurs FO picked him up again. Just to piss off Spurs fan. The faith in our office would be totally ruined.

Indazone
06-18-2008, 10:32 AM
He'd never come back anyways at least as long as pop is the coach.

K-State Spur
06-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Lol, was that picture necessary?

For the minimum I'd say yes.

He could pay the Spurs and I'd say no. Regardless of who you want to blame, it's been proven that the guy doesn't work on this team. It would just be a wasted roster spot.

bdictjames
06-18-2008, 10:52 AM
He could pay the Spurs and I'd say no. Regardless of who you want to blame, it's been proven that the guy doesn't work on this team. It would just be a wasted roster spot.
I felt we needed a point guard who can shoot against the Lakers.

SenorSpur
06-18-2008, 10:53 AM

That picture must have been taken of him during practice. :lol

Seriously, I'm surprised Sac-Town isn't hot to resign him again. I thought they liked his contributions.

ShoogarBear
06-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Injured by December.

Mitch Cumsteen
06-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Pros:
1. Knows the system.
2. Knows the city (i.e., where to get tacos, where to pick up latin women, where to buy man purses).
3. Fills a need.
4. Probably available cheap.

Cons:
1. He sucks.

dknights411
06-18-2008, 11:38 AM
I would ask the Spurs to get him just to see what the reaction would be here. :lol

SenorSpur
06-18-2008, 11:50 AM
That would be so FUNNY if Spurs FO picked him up again. Just to piss off Spurs fan. The faith in our office would be totally ruined.

It would be funny if Chalmers is off the board and the Spurs still find themselves needing a backup PG. Would Pop even dare think about it?

ashbeeigh
06-18-2008, 11:55 AM
I say they work him out just to see the reaction, just like everyone has said. No signing necessary, just a workout.

mrspurs
06-18-2008, 12:25 PM

it would be funnier if they resigned his replacement mighty mouse

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-18-2008, 12:42 PM
it would be funnier if they resigned his replacement mighty mouse

That'll be when the joke goes too far.

smeagol
06-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Sick joke . . .

angelbelow
06-18-2008, 12:51 PM
hes pretty darn good, just doesnt fit here, pass.

K-State Spur
06-18-2008, 01:09 PM
I felt we needed a point guard who can shoot against the Lakers.

Yeah, and if we had Udrih, we still would have needed one. There's no reason to believe that he would be able to do here what he did in Sacramento, because he's proven that he can't. Whether it be because of system, coaching, or maybe he's just one of those guys who plays better on a bad team, I don't know.

You can blame anybody you want, but the fact of the matter is that the guy sucked in his time here. 2 out of his 3 seasons (with the NVE debacle in the middle) he was given every opportunity to win the back-up job, and he failed.

T Park
06-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Yeah, and if we had Udrih, we still would have needed one. There's no reason to believe that he would be able to do here what he did in Sacramento, because he's proven that he can't. Whether it be because of system, coaching, or maybe he's just one of those guys who plays better on a bad team, I don't know.

You can blame anybody you want, but the fact of the matter is that the guy sucked in his time here. 2 out of his 3 seasons (with the NVE debacle in the middle) he was given every opportunity to win the back-up job, and he failed.

Thank you for saying it all for me :)

bdictjames
06-18-2008, 01:17 PM

We won 2 titles in 3 seasons, who knows what he could've contributed on the locker room. Maybe light a fire under the players, I dont know, but we've been pretty successful with Beno.

K-State Spur
06-18-2008, 01:43 PM
We won 2 titles in 3 seasons, who knows what he could've contributed on the locker room. Maybe light a fire under the players, I dont know, but we've been pretty successful with Beno.

Are you serious?

Beno lighting a fire under others? :lol:lol:lol:lol

bdictjames
06-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Are you serious?

Anything's possible my friend.

angel_luv
06-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Spurs are obviously not the team for Beno at this point in his career.

Maybe in a few years, the fit ( all that would entail from Beno and in some regards, the Spurs) will be better.

Until then and always, I wish Beno the best with whichever team chooses him.
:)

Indazone
06-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Maybe this summer you guys can get Vspan :D

oops sorry I went there. Cue KillBill lol

SenorSpur
06-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Darius Washington, anyone?

Pero
06-18-2008, 02:26 PM

Who?

:lmao

T Park
06-18-2008, 02:27 PM

The guy whos european team doesn't even want him now?

Yeah lets do that.

T Park
06-18-2008, 02:29 PM

HA!!

Good one.

Nice joke.

Huh? He wasn't kidding?

what the......:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow

bdictjames
06-18-2008, 03:36 PM
HA!!

Good one.

Nice joke.

Huh? He wasn't kidding?

what the......:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow
Haha yeah Im pretty serious about getting the dude back.

T Park
06-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Haha yeah Im pretty serious about getting the dude back.

Whats your address so I know where to send the psychiatrists.

K-State Spur
06-18-2008, 03:50 PM
all beno ever wanted was time

which, he got.

the biggest myth constantly brought up on this board is that beno never got a chance...

Pero
06-18-2008, 03:59 PM
I doubt Beno will ever be a Spur until Pop is the coach.

The Franchise
06-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Pop killed this kids confidence. I watched a ton of games he played last year in Sac and he does not suck. I do agree for some reason he did not fit in San Antonio. In my opinion I feel it may have been Pop trying to treat him Like Tony Parker (all the yelling and hard love and shit). You can't treat everyone the same, but with Pop it's my way or the highway. Think about it. Why do a lot of people seem to blossom after they leave the Spurs ( Beno, Hedo, Steven Jackson, etc....). He is a young player who got stuck in Pops doghouse after a slump. You do that to most young players and it will have them doubting themselves. Did he seem to suck before he left SA? Yes. Yet we forget there was a time when he did look pretty good here for a while also. From what he showed last year I wouldn't mind taking a look at him in Houston. Hell we can't go anywhere but up with our point guard situation.:depressed

T Park
06-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Yeah its Pop's fault that hes a mentally weak lazy fat piece of crap.

lefty
06-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Spurs are obviously not the team for Beno at this point in his career.

Maybe in a few years, the fit ( all that would entail from Beno and in some regards, the Spurs) will be better.

Until then and always, I wish Beno the best with whichever team chooses him.
:)

Fuck Beno

ata
06-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Pop killed this kids confidence. I watched a ton of games he played last year in Sac and he does not suck. I do agree for some reason he did not fit in San Antonio. In my opinion I feel it may have been Pop trying to treat him Like Tony Parker (all the yelling and hard love and shit). You can't treat everyone the same, but with Pop it's my way or the highway. Think about it. Why do a lot of people seem to blossom after they leave the Spurs ( Beno, Hedo, Steven Jackson, etc....). He is a young player who got stuck in Pops doghouse after a slump. You do that to most young players and it will have them doubting themselves. Did he seem to suck before he left SA? Yes. Yet we forget there was a time when he did look pretty good here for a while also. From what he showed last year I wouldn't mind taking a look at him in Houston. Hell we can't go anywhere but up with our point guard situation.:depressed

Partially true, however Beno sucks when plays off the bench - even in Sacto! Is anybody ready to bench Tony?

Beno? No, thank you.

K-State Spur
06-18-2008, 05:40 PM
He's proven that he is good enough to be a starter in the NBA, I say the Cavs pick him up. They need a point more than anyone.

Good enough to be a starter on a bad/mediocre team.

There's a nearly endless list of guys who have been successful on bad teams that were unable to cut it for teams whose games actually meant something.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-18-2008, 10:26 PM
Are you serious?

Maybe not conventionally. But his presence sure as hell got a better performance out of Jacque Vaughn.

Also, Manu used to practice against Beno. Maybe Manu's enjoyment of pick up games declined without youthful Beno being there to torch.

I'd also say he was a better good luck charm than FUCKING stoudamire. Two Championships in three years with that guy in our locker-room, at least the guys were comfortable with him.

ducks
06-18-2008, 11:01 PM
beno had nothing to do with rings
beno has no work ethic all he wants is to party at the bar

K-State Spur
06-19-2008, 01:34 AM
Maybe not conventionally. But his presence sure as hell got a better performance out of Jacque Vaughn.

Also, Manu used to practice against Beno. Maybe Manu's enjoyment of pick up games declined without youthful Beno being there to torch.

I'd also say he was a better good luck charm than FUCKING stoudamire. Two Championships in three years with that guy in our locker-room, at least the guys were comfortable with him.

Vaughn was virtually the same player this year as he was last year, the match-ups were all that changed.

Manu was having his BEST season of his career with Beno nowhere near the roster before he blew out his ankle. I think that might have played a bigger role than not practicing against a guy during the playoffs when the team doesn't practice anyways.

And if you want a fucking good luck charm, get a rabbit's foot.

Good lord...

Slo spurs fan
06-19-2008, 02:27 AM
Yeah its Pop's fault that hes a mentally weak lazy fat piece of crap.

Comming from you... It is a little funny, isnīt it?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-19-2008, 02:35 AM
Vaughn was virtually the same player this year as he was last year, the match-ups were all that changed.

Manu was having his BEST season of his career with Beno nowhere near the roster before he blew out his ankle. I think that might have played a bigger role than not practicing against a guy during the playoffs when the team doesn't practice anyways.

And if you want a fucking good luck charm, get a rabbit's foot.

Good lord...

I wasn't being serious. Just playing devil's advocate for the sake of Beno. I know he was trash. The very idea of Beno lighting a fire under the guys behind the scenes is just really..really funny. I just like giving Beno unseen credit.

Pero
06-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Comming from you... It is a little funny, isnīt it?

Actually TPark lost some of his weight...

Mixability
06-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Somebody had to do it....

http://www.kzs-zveza.si/kzs/slike/udrih_beno.jpg
Beno Udrih
Born: Jul 5, 1982
Height: 6-3 / 1,91
Weight: 205 lbs. / 93,0 kg.
Years Pro: 3

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/beno_udrih/index.html)

I've never noticed it before and I could be wrong, but is that the WNBA ball in that picture?

K-State Spur
06-19-2008, 09:45 AM

I wasn't being serious. Just playing devil's advocate for the sake of Beno. I know he was trash. The very idea of Beno lighting a fire under the guys behind the scenes is just really..really funny. I just like giving Beno unseen credit.

Fair enough. The problems start when the poster who made that original point was being serious.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-19-2008, 09:55 AM
I've never noticed it before and I could be wrong, but is that the WNBA ball in that picture?

I think it's a Euro ball.

SenorSpur
06-19-2008, 10:38 AM
I have two issues with this whole Beno thing.

First, the Spurs didn't get enough in return for him. Even though every GM in the league knew Pop was down on Beno, the Spurs organization was still living off its well-deserved reputation for finding "Euro diamonds in the rough". Therefore, I find it hard to believe they couldn't have pried a first round pick out of Minnesota, or some other team for that matter, in return for Beno. They were so damned concerned with trimming salary that they literally gave Beno away for practically nothing. This is especially glaring now that they've given away their pick next year for Kurt Thomas.

Second, they've not resolved the backup PG situation since Beno left. Beno sucked and he didn't fit here for whatever reason. Yet the Spurs had NO suitable contingency plan in place. It's clear to everyone that Vaughn's days as a primary backup in this league ended about 2 seasons ago. Then Pop adds insult to injury by courting and acquiring Damon Stoudamire. All this is proof yet again that Pop tends to overvalue the talent and skill level of declining veterans, then "sells his soul" to them. This was nothing more than a continuation of the same pitiful strategy that brought the great NVE aboard in 2006.

With practically no trade assets to speak of and unless Mario Chalmers is available to the Spurs @ #26, then the backup PG situation is in as dire straits as the SG situation.

K-State Spur
06-19-2008, 10:46 AM

First, the Spurs didn't get enough in return for him. Even though every GM in the league knew Pop was down on Beno, the Spurs organization was still living off its well-deserved reputation for finding "Euro diamonds in the rough". Therefore, I find it hard to believe they couldn't have pried a first round pick out of Minnesota, or some other team for that matter, in return for Beno. They were so damned concerned with trimming salary that they literally gave Beno away for practically nothing. This is especially glaring now that they've given away their pick next year for Kurt Thomas.

Second, they've not resolved the backup PG situation since Beno left. Beno sucked and he didn't fit here for whatever reason. Yet the Spurs had NO suitable contingency plan in place. It's clear to everyone that Vaughn's days as a primary backup in this league ended about 2 seasons ago. Then Pop adds insult to injury by courting and acquiring Damon Stoudamire. All this is proof yet again that Pop tends to overvalue the talent and skill level of declining veterans, then "sells his soul" to them. This was nothing more than a continuation of the same pitiful strategy that brought the great NVE aboard in 2006.

With practically no trade assets to speak of and unless Mario Chalmers is available to the Spurs @ #26, then the backup PG situation is in as dire straits as the SG situation.

We couldn't even get a late first round pick for Scola, so I doubt that Udrih - who was nothing short of terrible in 2007 - could have commanded that price.

And Vaughn was a decent contingency plan. He wasn't great, but he did what they asked him to do during 2007's championship run. Remember, he was just signed as a third PG in case Beno fell flat on his face in the back-up job...which is precisely what happened.

Spurs da champs
06-19-2008, 05:35 PM
I say we should get him back if we cant get pargo.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-19-2008, 07:35 PM

First, the Spurs didn't get enough in return for him. Even though every GM in the league knew Pop was down on Beno, the Spurs organization was still living off its well-deserved reputation for finding "Euro diamonds in the rough". Therefore, I find it hard to believe they couldn't have pried a first round pick out of Minnesota, or some other team for that matter, in return for Beno. They were so damned concerned with trimming salary that they literally gave Beno away for practically nothing.

Yeah, I didn't understand the Stoudamire forced hand at all. Also giving up on the young Darius Washington. No matter how "crappy" he was, he would have done no worse than Stoudamire.

Overall there were a lot of goofs that season. Hopefully they make up for it with a more proactive approach this offseason.

E20
06-19-2008, 08:24 PM
No.