PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Boston Celtics, You're the Best!

LakeShow
06-18-2008, 10:56 AM
The Lakers faced no team like yours all year. You were the better team and you manhandled my Lakers. They were better than any WC team that the Lakers faced by a longshot. Congratulations and we'll do it again next year, hopefully with different results. :toast

I'm going to send a shout out to the lakers as well. They had a great run, they did what no one expected them to do this season. We came up short but props for giving us what we have grown to expect from a Los Angeles team, a chance to win a title. You have no chance, if you don't play. :toast

Now Mitch, get to work and fine tune this team. Thank Gasol for everything he did for us last season and send him on his way. I would keep Lamar and get rid of Gasol. Give Indiana a call and see if they'll go for a Gasol trade for Oneal. Call Memphis and see if we can get Miller and definitely Sign Ron Artest and that'll do it. We have the resources to get some very good players, let's do it!

It was fun, but I have to run. Have a Great Day!

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Sign Ron Artest and that'll do it

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53054/20080618/artest_99_percent_sure_he_wont_opt_out_of_contract/

LakeShow
06-18-2008, 11:03 AM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53054/20080618/artest_99_percent_sure_he_wont_opt_out_of_contract/

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! I would prefer that he opt out but the lakers have the resources to make a trade for him. Get it Done, Mitch!

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! I would prefer that he opt out but the lakers have the resources to make a trade for him. Get it Done, Mitch!

Who would you trade

ratm1221
06-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Who are you talking to? Didn't you mean to post this here:

http://www.celtic-nation.com/forum/

xtremesteven33
06-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Gasol or Odom will be gone. definetely.

if the lakers get Artest that would be scary.

C-Bynum
PF-Gasol
SF-Artest
SG-Bryant
PG-Fisher

wow....

thispego
06-18-2008, 11:06 AM
lakers big mideseason cheat propels them to the finals where they get their asses demolished. This was it laker fans, your last dance in the sun. Was it worth it?

MavDynasty
06-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Gasol or Odom will be gone. definetely.

if the lakers get Artest that would be scary.

C-Bynum
PF-Gasol
SF-Artest
SG-Bryant
PG-Fisher

wow....

Didn't you hear?Kobe is demanding Gasol to be traded.

LakeShow
06-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Who would you trade

Odom (don't really want to trade him but for Artest I would)
Walton
Rad
Ariza
Gasol (although I would use him for a big)
Mihm
Rony

Whatever it takes

LakeShow
06-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Who are you talking to? Didn't you mean to post this here:

http://www.celtic-nation.com/forum/

No I'm posting to the Celtic Fans here. Tippecanoe, Bostonguy, Gino etc.. Those the guys that I'm congratulating.

gmartin02
06-18-2008, 11:16 AM
Now Mitch, get to work and fine tune this team. Thank Gasol for everything he did for us last season and send him on his way. I would keep Lamar and get rid of Gasol.Please - Gasol is clearly a better power forward than Odom - Odom has proved year after year that he is an inconsistent player (potential means nothing) - Gasol will get better if he hits the weight room & goes through a full training camp with the Lakers.

Lakers should do a sign & trade - Odom for a small forward from some where.

P.S. Congrats Celtics, particularly to Paul Pierce

DazedAndConfused
06-18-2008, 11:17 AM
lakers big mideseason cheat propels them to the finals where they get their asses demolished. This was it laker fans, your last dance in the sun. Was it worth it?

WTF are you talking about Lloyd? You haven't even seen the Laker's best punch yet. The Lakers went as far as you could reasonably expect a team with that many defensive flaws to go.

DazedAndConfused
06-18-2008, 11:19 AM
You absolutely have to keep Gasol. He was born to play in the triangle. When he moves to PF and Bynum mans the C spot all of his softness won't matter.

The player that must go is Lamar. Lets face it, the guy has never really found his place here in LAL. I don't believe we are a good fit for him with the system we run. Unless he miraculously finds a jumpshot in the off season there is no good reason to keep him. His giant expiring K will net us a quality defensive minded starting SF.

Spur-Addict
06-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Odom (don't really want to trade him but for Artest I would)
Walton
Rad
Ariza
Gasol (although I would use him for a big)
Mihm
Rony

Whatever it takes

Trade him and it's all over laker fan base. What i'm interested in is the seeding for next year. Something tells me that Houston will be healthy. That is a problem for everyone.

ratm1221
06-18-2008, 11:26 AM
You absolutely have to keep Gasol. He was born to play in the triangle. When he moves to PF and Bynum mans the C spot all of his softness won't matter.

The player that must go is Lamar. Lets face it, the guy has never really found his place here in LAL. I don't believe we are a good fit for him with the system we run. Unless he miraculously finds a jumpshot in the off season there is no good reason to keep him. His giant expiring K will net us a quality defensive minded starting SF.

Here we go with the "Bynum will save this team" talk.

DazedAndConfused
06-18-2008, 11:30 AM
He won't "save" the team, but he will help address a lot our defensive short-comings. You can't play good defense without a solid defensive anchor. The Lakers need to add another perimeter defender alongside Kobe and have a renewed focus on DEFENSE coming into next season and they should be fine. With their offense as powerful as it is they don't need to become a juggernaut defensive team, they just need to be good enough to lock down and get stops when they need to.

hater
06-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Lakers won't smell WC finals next year. It will be between Hornets and Spurs

LakeShow
06-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Sorry, I don't want Gasol on the team anymore. I hate Soft ass Euro's, he'll never be tough. If we keep him, the lakers will always have a weakness on D and he makes too much money for what he can bring. I'm not feeling him! But that's my opinion!

LakeShow
06-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Lakers won't smell WC finals next year. It will be between Hornets and Spurs

uh, right!:rolleyes

Banzai
06-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Artest said he is 99% certain he won't opt out. He wants to prove he can win games as a King. Even if he was traded I don't think the Maloofs would even deal with the Lakers.

xtremesteven33
06-18-2008, 11:55 AM
He won't "save" the team, but he will help address a lot our defensive short-comings. You can't play good defense without a solid defensive anchor. The Lakers need to add another perimeter defender alongside Kobe and have a renewed focus on DEFENSE coming into next season and they should be fine. With their offense as powerful as it is they don't need to become a juggernaut defensive team, they just need to be good enough to lock down and get stops when they need to.

i disagree.

dont be fooled into thinking the lakers overachieved because theyre not a good defensive team. they are not a good defensive team by design. Phil has never been a defensive minded coach. and please dont bring up how the Bulls were on of the best defensive teams of all time. that had nothing to do with Phil.

MJ was the real coach of that team. he was leading by example always. check this defensive lineup.

Pippen
Jordan
Rodman
Harper

thats a friggin wall....

Lakers will never be a great defensive team with Odom and Gasol. They need a big defensive big man. Bynum is too injury prone. it seems his body is disproprtionate. like he has weak ankles and knees. they definetely miss Shaq daddy

DazedAndConfused
06-18-2008, 12:04 PM
i disagree.

dont be fooled into thinking the lakers overachieved because theyre not a good defensive team. they are not a good defensive team by design. Phil has never been a defensive minded coach. and please dont bring up how the Bulls were on of the best defensive teams of all time. that had nothing to do with Phil.

MJ was the real coach of that team. he was leading by example always. check this defensive lineup.

Pippen
Jordan
Rodman
Harper

thats a friggin wall....

Lakers will never be a great defensive team with Odom and Gasol. They need a big defensive big man. Bynum is too injury prone. it seems his body is disproprtionate. like he has weak ankles and knees. they definetely miss Shaq daddy

You really are stupid.

ratm1221
06-18-2008, 12:46 PM
You really are stupid.

Your avatar fails.

J.T.
06-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Andrew Bynum is not Dikembe Mutumbo. When he comes back their defense will not skyrocket to the level that the 2007 Spurs or 2008 Celtics played at.

DazedAndConfused
06-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Andrew Bynum is not Dikembe Mutumbo. When he comes back their defense will not skyrocket to the level that the 2007 Spurs or 2008 Celtics played at.

Who said it would? Who said it needs to be?

The Lakers are an offensive juggernaut. All they need is to be able to play good enough defense. They need to be good enough that they aren't getting out-rebounded by 10-15 every game. They need to be good enough that they can lock down their defense and get timely stops when the game is the line. They need to be good enough that they can rely on their defense to not let 24 pt leads evaporate in a matter of minutes. Get my drift?

ctown916
06-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Who said it would? Who said it needs to be?

The Lakers are an offensive juggernaut. All they need is to be able to play good enough defense. They need to be good enough that they aren't getting out-rebounded by 10-15 every game. They need to be good enough that they can lock down their defense and get timely stops when the game is the line. They need to be good enough that they can rely on their defense to not let 24 pt leads evaporate in a matter of minutes. Get my drift?

Offensive juggernaut? Theyre a good offensive team but i think the Celtics exposed the Lakers "Juggernaut"

gasolina
06-18-2008, 03:05 PM
The Lakers faced no team like yours all year. You were the better team and you manhandled my Lakers. They were better than any WC team that the Lakers faced by a longshot. Congratulations and we'll do it again next year, hopefully with different results. :toast

I'm going to send a shout out to the lakers as well. They had a great run, they did what no one expected them to do this season. We came up short but props for giving us what we have grown to expect from a Los Angeles team, a chance to win a title. You have no chance, if you don't play. :toast

Now Mitch, get to work and fine tune this team. Thank Gasol for everything he did for us last season and send him on his way. I would keep Lamar and get rid of Gasol. Give Indiana a call and see if they'll go for a Gasol trade for Oneal. Call Memphis and see if we can get Miller and definitely Sign Ron Artest and that'll do it. We have the resources to get some very good players, let's do it!

It was fun, but I have to run. Have a Great Day!

I honestly believe a healthy Spurs team might've beaten the Celtics. The Spurs match up well against Boston more than our Lakers. Go back to 2004. Yes we beat San Antonio but we were murdered by Detroit. The following year, the same Detroit team that beat us were beaten by the same Spurs team (basically) we beat the year before.

And now, if the Spurs recharge and do some tweaking maintaining their Championship core, I won't be surprised if the Spurs and Celts will face each other in 2009 with San Antonio reclaiming Larry for the West (odd year favors the Spurs)

06-18-2008, 07:08 PM
I want to send my congratulations to coach doc who put the team together.Congratulations to all the fans of boston celtics you own it.Congratulations to sam cassell who won his 3 ring with the celtics,first two was if the rockets one with the celtics.
To kevin garnett you deserve to call a champions.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:
:lobt2::lobt2: 17th it is a keeper
GO CELTICS AND SAM CASSELL
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CITY OF BOSTON 2008 NBA CHAMPIONS

Ghazi
06-19-2008, 04:24 AM
People on here are underrating Bynum, and I would say Laker fans aren't even overrating him. 13/10/2 in less than 30 minutes per game is good production, and not to mention the effect it has of (assuming no roster changes, which is an unsafe assumption) allowing Gasol and Odom to play their natural positions and it takes Vlad Rad (who Hollinger notes was one of the worst starters of ALL playoff teams) out of the starting lineup. I wouldn't say he necessarily improves their offense,but he definitely improves their defense and rebounding. Bynum had a PER of 22 this year and is one of the Lakers 2-3 best defenders. THe Lakers are going to be strong next year.

Another thing, if Artest ever were to sign for the MLE with the Lakers, it's just over for the NBA :(