PDA

View Full Version : No class

Fattmac78
06-18-2008, 11:34 AM
I feel the Celtics showed no class the way they ended the game. They ran up the score an they was throwing oops and hard fouls. Then poured drinkall on the coach like football. I fully understand they won their frist ring an all, but they shouldve showed some kinda respect. But I think it all starts with the coach. :flag:

Spur-Addict
06-18-2008, 11:37 AM
The Lakers should've shown class by giving max effort all the way through. I remember Kobe saying if you don't play i'll try to score 100. Well, why can't it go both ways? You reep what you sew or wtf ever.

xtremesteven33
06-18-2008, 11:38 AM
running up the score is ok when the other team gives up.

they deserve to lose by 50 points

gmanrulz
06-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Qs1N_g3hxdE

DazedAndConfused
06-18-2008, 11:40 AM
The only thing that was no class was celebrating with 4-5 minutes to go. That was ridiculous, at least fucking wait until the damn thing is over before you spill Gatorade all over the court.

Spur-Addict
06-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Qs1N_g3hxdE

YEAH, THAT'S NO CLASS RIGHT THERE. ZERO

koriwhat
06-18-2008, 11:42 AM
class no class...who cares!

it's not unclassy to run up a score. if your team sucks and you are getting stepped all over then it's your own damn fault and if your team is the one stepping on others then run that fuckin score up and make sure they know you mean business!

as for all the gatorade. it's all in good fun and it's just good clean celebrating the victory type stuff.

baseline bum
06-18-2008, 11:48 AM
LA deserves it. They did the same shit in game 4 of the '01 WCF.

Bartleby
06-18-2008, 11:49 AM
The only thing that was no class was celebrating with 4-5 minutes to go. That was ridiculous, at least fucking wait until the damn thing is over before you spill Gatorade all over the court.

:rolleyes

The game was over long before that.

mexicanjunior
06-18-2008, 11:51 AM

That's karma...Sasha reaped what he sowed and brought the Lakers down with him. If the Lakers didn't like all the celebrating, how about playing harder and making the score closer?

GSH
06-18-2008, 11:54 AM
This is like getting upset about what happens on an episode of Jerry Springer. Look at the people involved on both sides. How did you expect them to behave?

Fattmac78
06-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Its one thing to win and protect the lead but its sad that the other team aint playing an you running up an down the court throwing oops. That is a classic case of some real losers finally winning something big. Ive never seen some dumbshit like that ever. I wouldve punched one of them right in the face. Then Garrnot fouled Lamar then stuck his tongue out. What a fu*king loser. He wouldve ate that ho if it was me. What they gone do, suspend me for the first couple games of the next season!?! :flipoff

mexicanjunior
06-18-2008, 12:05 PM
Its one thing to win and protect the lead but its sad that the other team aint playing an you running up an down the court throwing oops. That is a classic case of some real losers finally winning something big. Ive never seen some dumbshit like that ever. I wouldve punched one of them right in the face. Then Garrnot fouled Lamar then stuck his tongue out. What a fu*king loser. He wouldve ate that ho if it was me. What they gone do, suspend me for the first couple games of the next season!?! :flipoff

Yeah, they probably would have done a suspension effective next year. In the Western Conference, those games could have meaning also, it's not like the Lakers ran away with HCA, it was decided by 1 game...

If you really disliked Boston playing hard after being up 30, you must have really hated Sasha shooting the uncontested 3 after the whole Spurs team had conceded and waited for the clock to run out. Were you asking for someone from the Spurs to punch Sasha in the face then?

koriwhat
06-18-2008, 12:06 PM

play ball or get stomped! they are afterall professionals and professionals shouldn't just lie over and die right? pussy LA!

balli
06-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Whatever- this thread and the "idea" it propogates are a load of shit.

1Parker1
06-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Who cares? Their top 3 players just won their first ever ring after being in the NBA for so long. The franchise just won their first championship since 1986.

Besides, Lakers deserved it :)

spurscenter
06-18-2008, 12:15 PM
FUCK

THE

MOTHER

FUCKING

LAKERS

FUCK EM

if they were in Minnesota, the league would have them out by now.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Celtics keeping their foot on the gas with 5 minutes left, was innocuous. . They did dribble out the clock without shooting a stupid three at the buzzer, so WGAF.

All this talk about "Being classy" is meaningless, in the words of George Carl "Being good" isn't funny. That Celtics-Ass whooping was. :lmao

K-State Spur
06-18-2008, 12:17 PM
I feel the Celtics showed no class the way they ended the game. They ran up the score an they was throwing oops and hard fouls. Then poured drinkall on the coach like football. I fully understand they won their frist ring an all, but they shouldve showed some kinda respect. But I think it all starts with the coach. :flag:

You can run up the score in Game 6 of the NBA Finals?

Hell, I'd say score 200 if your opponent can't stop you...

K-State Spur
06-18-2008, 12:19 PM

they deserve to lose by 50 points

IMHO, there is no such thing as running up the score in professional athletics.

xtremesteven33
06-18-2008, 12:19 PM
I wish they wouldve won by 50.....i hate the Lakers, they deserved it

mrspurs
06-18-2008, 12:28 PM
i slept good last night....

beachwood
06-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Qs1N_g3hxdE

No group of fans deserved a 39 point beat down in a clinching game more than the Lakers fans. And no player deserved to be punked more than Sasha.

I was at a bar here in LA watching game 1 and the entire bar erupted into cheers when Pierce went down and had to be carried off. I hope it hurts Laker fans. Thanks for embarrassing the Western Conference.

George Gervin's Afro
06-18-2008, 12:57 PM

now that i can agree on.

td4mvp21
06-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Who the fuck cares? That's what they get. When have the Lakers ever been humble when they win?

Supergirl
06-18-2008, 01:06 PM
Celtics actually lightened up their effort in the fourth - a couple Lakers went in and were successful at making some easy layups, and they hit a couple dead on 3's. But they also continued what they've done all playoffs - made gross defensive error after gross defensive error - leaving Allen wide open for 3 pters? Allowing Rondo to slip in for layup after layup? - and so they never cut into the Celtics' lead.

I agree, Pierce should have waited to dump the Gatorade, though. My first thought was - hey, that's all over the court!

J.T.
06-18-2008, 01:08 PM

When you are up by 30 with 5 minutes left, you may as well start the celebration. Lakerfan is bitter that Boston and their crowd broke your back.

bigdog
06-18-2008, 01:25 PM
There's nothing unclassy about the way the Celtics performed last night. If you're gonna talk about running up the score, then you're talking about the entire 2nd half, because the Lakers just gave up and looked pathetic out there. What are the Celtics supposed to do, run out the clock on every single possession in the 2nd half? I don't think so.

As far as the celebrating goes, the only thing that could have waited was the gatorade shower that Pierce gave Doc. He could have waited will there was, I don't know, maybe 50 seconds left in the game, but overall, I'm happy for the Celtics, especially Paul Pierce. He's been one of my favorite players in the NBA, and he hasn't complained about the team sucking the past few years (like Kobe did this past offseason), he always gave it all for the C's, and now he's a champion. Way to go Pierce.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-18-2008, 01:27 PM

I agree.. that was classless but vujavic was classless as well when he shot that 3 and nobody is saying anything - including you.

peskypesky
06-18-2008, 02:20 PM

:sleep

T Park
06-18-2008, 02:20 PM
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Qs1N_g3hxdE

Fast forward to about 35 seconds in. Kobe flat out GRABS Brent Barry and they don't call shit. What do the refs have against Bones? Such bulshit.

angel_luv
06-18-2008, 03:13 PM

I am all for a team scoring as long as the clock is running. If the opposing team doesn't want to be scored on, they should play defense and make their own baskets.

This isn't little league after all.

I have to say that because I exalt like nobody's business when the Spurs beat teams.

Since I want the Spurs to dish it out, I have to be willing to take it.

Besides, were it not for two very good friends of mine that are devoted laker fans, I would have thoroughly enjoyed Kobe and company being stomped on- even if it was by Ray Allen, Smeagol, and Garnett.

WildcardManu
06-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Thanks for embarrassing the Western Conference L.A.

angel_luv
06-18-2008, 03:28 PM
Thanks for embarrassing the Western Conference L.A.

We claim them?

Sense
06-18-2008, 04:18 PM

this is a rivalry.... one of the biggest in the sport..
fuck that.. RAPE THEM.

spursfan09
06-18-2008, 04:21 PM

I agree there. Their early celebration was kind of premature. Also that gatorade stunt was a bad idea, because the game was still being played, what if someone slipped? Other than that, they were just celebrating and coudn't contain themselves. Do not blame. it was still not as unclassy as that other Laker who hit the 3 when time expired against the Spurs.

The Franchise
06-18-2008, 04:23 PM

they deserve to lose by 50 points:tu

ducks
06-18-2008, 04:35 PM
boston could have ran up the score they did not
props for the class boston showed at the end
they could have beaten them by 50

greens
06-18-2008, 04:41 PM
I agree. But for me, the showing of no class is right after Celtics won. I didn't see one Celtic player go up and offer to shake hands with the Lakers. I saw Kobe walking around to the Celtics in order to congratulate them, but not the other way around. KG/PP/RA showed no class at all, especially.

When I was watching the Lakers/Spurs Game 5, right when the buzzer went off, I saw Kobe come over to give a hug to Tim, then Tony, then Bruce, then Manu. And all the players were doing so. No one was jumping up and down.

I understand the Celtics are all super excited about winning the championship. But part of winning is shaking hands with the people you just beat.

I don't like Kobe, but at least he's a basketball player in every sense of the world(except passing the ball sometimes). Whether he wins or loses, he shows respect towards his opponents.

The Franchise
06-18-2008, 05:23 PM
I agree. But for me, the showing of no class is right after Celtics won. I didn't see one Celtic player go up and offer to shake hands with the Lakers. I saw Kobe walking around to the Celtics in order to congratulate them, but not the other way around. KG/PP/RA showed no class at all, especially.

When I was watching the Lakers/Spurs Game 5, right when the buzzer went off, I saw Kobe come over to give a hug to Tim, then Tony, then Bruce, then Manu. And all the players were doing so. No one was jumping up and down.

I understand the Celtics are all super excited about winning the championship. But part of winning is shaking hands with the people you just beat.

I don't like Kobe, but at least he's a basketball player in every sense of the world(except passing the ball sometimes). Whether he wins or loses, he shows respect towards his opponents.
If I don't like you I would prefer being classless rather than fake (shaking your hand knowing it was only to be PC). Do you think Kobe really wanted to shake their hands out of respect???

greens
06-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Well, from what I can see, it seems that Kobe always shakes the hands of the opponents, whether he wins or loses.

And I'm sure a TON of players can't stand each other in the league. So all the Celtic players can't stand the Lakers?

And believe me, I'm NOT a fan of Kobe Bryant. I actually don't like him. But I can see that he wins and loses with respect, either way.

Manu_Ginobili
06-18-2008, 06:12 PM

This IS bullshit! The only player with NO CLASS was Sasha V. who shot a 3-ptr against us in the last sec in Game 5. The Celtics wanted to make a strong statement against the League next year - they are poised to repeat...

GO SPURS!!!

pickle girl
06-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Hell, I'd say score 200 if your opponent can't stop you...

I agree people like Mike Taylor complain about running up the score Also. he sounds like a tree hugging soccer mom.

you homos that bitch like a short kid who can't get on a ride at sea world sound like a bunch of little girls who's parents couldn't get Hanna Montana tickets.

I guess Tiger Woods should just miss a few puts on purpose so the others can catch up. It's the fair thing to do?

When you gay lords are done trying to save the spotted owl....

grow some balls, and act like real men you salad tossing queers!!

SenorSpur
06-18-2008, 06:41 PM

What the fuck are they supposed to do? Milk the clock on every possession? Is it the Celtics fault the Fakers kept on trying to score? If it the Celtics fault that the Fakers just quit?

C'mon man. Don't hate on Boston because they played lockdown defense from wire-to-wire. Something the Fakers were unable to do. Besides, Doc did empty the bench midway through the 4th. So why get mad at him?

If you want to be upset, you should take issue with Kobe and his teammates for quitting after halftime. After all, this aint the first time the Kobe has quit on his team midway through a playoff game. As far as I'm concerned, they got what they deserved.

Extra Stout
06-18-2008, 06:48 PM
In light of Game 2, this whole thread is stupid.

jbspurs
06-18-2008, 09:39 PM

When I was watching the Lakers/Spurs Game 5, right when the buzzer went off, I saw Kobe come over to give a hug to Tim, then Tony, then Bruce, then Manu. And all the players were doing so. No one was jumping up and down.I understand the Celtics are all super excited about winning the championship. But part of winning is shaking hands with the people you just beat.

NBA Title > Western Conference title. Celtics acted like what most normal people do.

Avitus1
06-18-2008, 10:50 PM
Play to win or dont play at all. The Lakers got what they deserved.

m33p0
06-18-2008, 11:04 PM

"Gracious in victory, magnanimous in defeat."
at least kobe got that part right.

csaenz
06-18-2008, 11:23 PM
Okay, okay. Yes, I'm the same guy that started a "Rivers is classless" thread at the beginning of the playoffs (after Game 7 of the Atlanta series) for these same reasons. But I changed my mind. So what? I still think class is an important factor when talking about teams, especially in light of current controversies in the league. Most commentators feel the same way. How many times did you hear Allen's "good guy" image discussed in the Finals? And is anybody else incredibly bored of those NBA Cares promos that somehow disappeared last week? Anyway, Rivers upset me in the first round more from my attempt to draw up some hatred against what I assumed would be our competition in the Finals than from any real coaching decisions. Actually, the way he handled himself throughout the Finals -- not crying about officiating, always deferring praise back to the team, and displaying surprising emotion when discussing the loss of his father -- seemed to me the epitome of class. He's a nice guy, a good coach, and even if he wasn't any of those, it was still great to see the Lakers lose by so much.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-19-2008, 05:59 AM
Well, from what I can see, it seems that Kobe always shakes the hands of the opponents, whether he wins or loses.

And I'm sure a TON of players can't stand each other in the league. So all the Celtic players can't stand the Lakers?

And believe me, I'm NOT a fan of Kobe Bryant. I actually don't like him. But I can see that he wins and loses with respect, either way.

Kobe learned a little bit and matured. In 2006 he was a bitch and didn't shake hands when he lost. He did the same thing 2004 against the Pistons in the championship.

That said I agree with the other poster. I prefer them be classless and honest, rather than fake niceties going out of the way to hug someone. Sportsmanship and a handshake will suffice.
If you notice in the clips, Sasha Vujacic was trying to hug Paul Pierce or something and Paul was just trying to move away from him. :lol barely acknowledging him. (I guess the players/opponents don't respect him either.)

genomefreak13
06-19-2008, 08:08 AM
The Lakers got what they deserve...

Vujacic got one let down that he would remember for the rest of his basketball life...Because of his lack of class

Lakers got a "beating of their life" that would forever be remembered - Because of their lack of class hahaha!

Ocotillo
06-19-2008, 08:55 AM
If the Lakers had any pride they would have at least tried to avoid having the most lop sided defeat in Finals history. The game was lost but do you want that beat down following you the rest of you life especially when you rolled over and let them run up the score.

QuietDynasty
06-19-2008, 11:34 AM

yeah i agree, classic case of career losers winning.

even if it was against the lakers, doesn't matter they did do some classless shit, even stooped lower than the lakers.