PDA

View Full Version : Who do you like out of the AFC/NFC and why?

bostonguy
06-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Who do you see making it to the superbowl and what reasons do you believe that?

Discuss.....

johnsmith
06-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Chargers vs. Cowboys

These two teams have far, far, far too much talent on their rosters to choke yet again in the post season. Then again, I thought that about the Sacramento Kings for a few years too.

monosylab1k
06-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Dallas against either Jacksonville or New England.

johnsmith
06-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Dallas against either Jacksonville or New England.

Forgot about Jacksonville. That's a good pick too.

stretch
06-18-2008, 04:13 PM
AFC: San Diego/Jacksonville
Dark Horse: Tennessee

NFC: Dallas/Philadelphia
Dark Horse: Minnesota

jack sommerset
06-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Giants vs Colts The Manning bowl

Giants will be better than last year and Colts will run all over the Pats old defense.

I like Pats and Cowboys 2nd in respective leagues

TheSanityAnnex
06-18-2008, 06:22 PM
San Diego/Indy

Dallas/Philadelphia

misterx91578
06-18-2008, 11:16 PM
Jags Saints

O-Factor
06-19-2008, 12:02 AM
In the NFC I like Dallas, Philly, and I think N.O. bounces back this year. Minny could be a hell of a team if they just had average to above average QB play. Green Bay hinges on how good Rodgers will be.

The AFC is alot more stacked. But I gotta go with N.E. Jacksonville, Indy and San Diego. I could also see the Browns making some noise this year and winning their division. Of course Pittsburg being competive and up there aswell.

If I have to pick 2, I got to go with Dallas and New England.

mookie2001
06-19-2008, 12:07 AM
cowboys suck worse than the mavs

J.T.
06-19-2008, 12:58 AM
I'm picking the Manning bowl, too.

Romo and Brady both choke in conference championship games to a Manning*.

* This is pretty much given, because unless the Pats make a trade to improve their secondary, their defense is going to be abused by Peyton Manning kind of like how female hotel concierges in Colorado are abused by Kobe Bryant. And Eli was able to put up enough points to have the Giants in position to beat Dallas and Green Bay both on the road, even though their defense/special teams was what won both of those games in the end. But there's no way Eli Manning ever goes into a playoff game thinking he's got a chance at losing after the way he downed 3 of the Top 4 teams in the league during that Super Bowl run.

FlavoredIcecream
06-19-2008, 01:29 AM
Jets vs Redskins.
You heard it here first. :elephant

Bandwagoneer
06-19-2008, 07:44 AM
LMAO @ cowboys fans thinking that the team that has choked 2 years in a row in the playoffs are the best out of the NFC.

Evan
06-19-2008, 07:49 AM
LMAO @ cowboys fans thinking that the team that has choked 2 years in a row in the playoffs are the best out of the NFC.

LOLZ!!!!!!!

stretch
06-19-2008, 08:23 AM
But there's no way Eli Manning ever goes into a playoff game thinking he's got a chance at losing after the way he downed 3 of the Top 4 teams in the league during that Super Bowl run.

that was probably the toughest SB run in NFL history. 2 damn good teams and the Patriots who were already crowned as the greatest team of all time 3 wins into the season.

man fuck the patriots

stretch
06-19-2008, 08:24 AM

LMAO at Boston fans thinking they have any right whatsoever to talk shit to any team after their team had the biggest choke job in NFL history

monosylab1k
06-19-2008, 08:38 AM
LMAO at Boston fans thinking they have any right whatsoever to talk shit to any team after their team had the biggest choke job in NFL history

LMAO at someone talking shit about the Patriots when he's a fan of the, uh, Raiders.

They are the most pathetic franchise of the past decade. They have the second worst owner in pro sports, get curbstomped in the Super Bowl, turn into a a team of whiny bitches, completely melt down and nosedive into the worst team in the NFL in record time. And then they trust Javon Walker with shitloads of money. Horrible.

And every time they lose a big game they blame it on cheating by the other team (Immaculate Reception, Tuck Rule, Jon Gruden knew all their plays, etc). The Raiders are one shitty franchise.

stretch
06-19-2008, 08:55 AM
LMAO at someone talking shit about the Patriots when he's a fan of the, uh, Raiders.

They are the most pathetic franchise of the past decade. They get curbstomped in the Super Bowl, turn into a a team of whiny bitches, completely melt down and nosedive into the worst team in the NFL in record time. And then they trust Javon Walker with shitloads of money. Horrible.

lol broncos

lol colts

lol giants

lol 18*-1

lol eli

lol peyton

lol jake plummer

lol fail

lol greatest choke job ever

lol brady getting mauled with :10 to go

Spuradicator
06-19-2008, 09:01 AM
I think the Cowboys vs Indy.

I also think the Giants will have a horrible year, pulling a post Superbowl season like the Steelers did 2 years ago. Just a gut feeling. They lost their leader in Strahan, Plax and Shockey are being distractions. Its starting.

Evan
06-19-2008, 09:07 AM
I think the Cowboys vs Indy.

I also think the Giants will have a horrible year, pulling a post Superbowl season like the Steelers did 2 years ago. Just a gut feeling. They lost their leader in Strahan, Plax and Shockey are being distractions. Its starting.

Agree.

And Philly can make noise if McNabb can stay healthy.

Spuradicator
06-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Agree.

And Philly can make noise if McNabb can stay healthy.

A big IF there. He seems to be breaking down.........Philly will definitly be in the mix of things in the NFC.

J.T.
06-19-2008, 09:14 AM
lol greatest choke job ever

Is that the Super Bowl or the AFC Championship when they were up 18 on the Colts in Indy?

stretch
06-19-2008, 09:14 AM
Is that the Super Bowl or the AFC Championship when they were up 18 on the Colts in Indy?

lol 2 greatest choke jobs ever

J.T.
06-19-2008, 09:17 AM
inb4 Satan Manning jokes

monosylab1k
06-19-2008, 09:26 AM
the silver lining of those choke jobs is that the Patriots were in the AFC Championship Game and Super Bowl. They weren't getting faceraped every week, scouting guys like Robert Gallery, and making plans to sign Javon Walker.

monosylab1k
06-19-2008, 09:28 AM

Tom Brady - 3
Entire Manning Family - 2

J.T.
06-19-2008, 09:33 AM
Tom Brady - 3*
Entire Manning Family - 2

You got me there, man. :depressed

stretch
06-19-2008, 09:51 AM
the silver lining of those choke jobs is that the Patriots were in the AFC Championship Game and Super Bowl. They weren't getting faceraped every week, scouting guys like Robert Gallery, and making plans to sign Javon Walker.

no, cuz they were too busy cheating and choking.

monosylab1k
06-19-2008, 09:58 AM
:cry we don't cheat like the Patriots! We get the shit kicked out of us every week fair and square!

stretch
06-19-2008, 10:17 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86324

eat shit and die.

peace.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86317

kill yourselves.

your team is more pathetic than the 18-1 losers.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86320

Is there any way he's eligible for the death penalty?

Can someone please frame a murder on him? preferably a pretty blonde white girl, that way he gets on Death Row immediately.

lol patriots

Evan
06-19-2008, 11:51 AM
geez monosylab1k....

J.T.
06-19-2008, 12:14 PM
:lmao

mono's meltdown was an instant classic.

FlavoredIcecream
06-19-2008, 02:10 PM
lol @ everyone in here talking shit. :lol

Evan
06-19-2008, 02:30 PM
LOLZ at all the LOL's

J.T.
06-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Ellis Hobbs, Super Bowl XLI and XLII MVP. Best player on the Colts AND Giants SB teams.

Thanks for that huge DPI call against Reggie Wayne that put the Colts on the 1 for the game tying score and for letting Eli Manning and Burress shit in your mouth in the Super Bowl.

Honorable mention to Rex Grossman for throwing the INTs he was supposed to throw in the Super Bowl.

bostonguy
06-19-2008, 08:23 PM
While I see the Pats winning the division and being in the mix, I just dont see them being anywhere near to as good as what they were last year.

They lost too many key guys on D not to mention the secondary is getting older. On the offensive end the passing game will be the biggest strength for the Patriots. Their run game is shit unless they are playing teams like the Jets/Fins and others who cant stop the run. Maroney just isnt that good. The Pats will be a 1 dimensional offense with an aging defense. I say they go 12-4 or 11-5 and lose in the divisional round.

I think San Diego/Jacksonville will take leaps into being a serious contender. The Colts will be in the thick of things to. If Freeney can stay healthy, the Colts D will be sick. Their run game is good. The only question I have for Indy outside of health is if Anthony Gonzalez can prove to be a consistent #2 guy. Marvin Harrison will be a #3-#4 guy this year.

As for the NFC, the Cowboys on paper made some really good moves. I expect their D to be one of the best in the league. They are loaded everywhere especially in the secondary. I personally think that will be the biggest strength of that team. Their O will still do well and their return game should dramatically improve with Pacman/Felix Jones.

My gut tells me Chargers/Cowboys.

bresilhac
06-19-2008, 08:51 PM
NFC: Redskins and Giants
NFC Darkhorse: Seattle

AFC: Patriots and Steelers
AFC Darkhorse: Chargers

Superbowl: Redskins and Patriots

One can hope.

J.T.
06-19-2008, 09:22 PM
Marvin Harrison will be a #1 receiver. Receiver of someone's cock in his ass when he goes to jail for shooting someone.

Biggems
06-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Cowboys vs Chargers

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS

mookie2001
06-19-2008, 11:25 PM
recent playoff performance, thats why one could compare the mavs to the cowboys (oklahomas team)

ATRAIN
06-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Dr. Z likes the Vikes. I agree a bit if Peterson can stay healthy. They have a pretty good D.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/dr_z/06/20/vikings/index.html?eref=T1

SpursChampsIII
06-20-2008, 12:18 PM

Oh, you mean sorta like how the Patsies choked on a big one in the Super Bowl? :lmao

Thunder Dan
06-20-2008, 01:04 PM
NFC: Redskins and Giants
NFC Darkhorse: Seattle

AFC: Patriots and Steelers
AFC Darkhorse: Chargers

Superbowl: Redskins and Patriots

One can hope.

yeah you gotta watch out for those Darkhorse Chargers, nobody will see them coming!

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 03:35 PM
yeah you gotta watch out for those Darkhorse Chargers, nobody will see them coming!

Yeah but the big question mark is if LT's knee is going to be healthy enough to play in playoff games this year. He might have to sit the playoffs out again just to be extra careful.

mardigan
06-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Boys-Pats

J.T.
06-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Yeah but the big question mark is if LT's knee is going to be healthy enough to play in playoff games this year. He might have to sit the playoffs out again just to be extra careful.

Has LT done anything in the playoffs besides get owned by the Patriots and almost get owned by Vince Young if not for a questionable breaking the plane TD against the Titans last year? Remember, I'm a front running Colts fan who's only been watching the NFL since 2006.

J.T.
06-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Has LT done anything in the playoffs besides get owned by the Patriots and almost get owned by Vince Young if not for a questionable breaking the plane TD against the Titans last year? Remember, I'm a front running Colts fan who's only been watching the NFL since 2006.

inb4 TSA comes in here and says "Knocked your team out of the playoffs, didn't he?"

Whisky Dog
06-20-2008, 06:12 PM
As a big Cowboys fan Im just waiting to see how they're possibly going to blow coverages with all that talent in the secondary and rip my heart out yet again.

bresilhac
06-20-2008, 10:07 PM

Why don't you go to hell smartass. The thread asked for opinions. Not your stupid, fucking sarcasm.

O-Factor
06-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Dr. Z likes the Vikes. I agree a bit if Peterson can stay healthy. They have a pretty good D.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/dr_z/06/20/vikings/index.html?eref=T1

:lol Dr. Z is a stupid old fuck. No one cares what he thinks. I like the Vikings. I like their defense and ground game, but Tavaris Jackson is shit, plain and simple. He will single handily screw that team. Shame.

midgetonadonkey
06-20-2008, 11:59 PM
I think it's going to be the Vikings and Colts.

Condemned 2 HelLA
06-21-2008, 01:47 AM
Jacksonville and a NFC East representative.

Lake_show
06-21-2008, 02:03 AM
Patriots

Vs

Dallas/nyg/min

Biggems
06-21-2008, 12:17 PM

They had the best record in the NFC last year...unfortunately, they made costly mistakes against the Giants, and the G-Men made all the right plays in the second half to win the game.

Obviously the Giants were a good team last year.....they beat two 13-3 teams and an 18-0 team three weeks in a row on their way to winning the Super Bowl.

Dallas should be better this year. They have added some nice depth throughout the lineup. They actually have a deeper secondary, when compared to last year. They are deeper at RB (give me Felix and Choice anyday over JJ and Tyson). My only real concerns depth wise are at QB and WR. I do not want to have to rely on Brad Johnson...I sure hope Simms gets cut and we sign him. I also am worried what will happen if TO goes down.

If healthy, our offense is one of the most potent in the NFL. Our defense is one of the best in the league as well.

What has me more excited than anything dealing with the players, is the additions of Houck and Campo. Our OL was very good at pass blocking, but our run blocking left a lot to be desired. Houck should definitely fix any blocking deficiencies we have. Our secondary play, was good, but not great. There were holes in the secondary and our technique was not up to snuff. Campo may not be a quality head coach, but there is one thing that he is great at....coaching the secondary. I look for Dallas to have a much improved secondary, not only talent wise, but also with technique, rotation, and scheme. IMO, Houck and Campo were two of our biggest offseason acquisitions.....

my only two concerns defensively are health (of course) and the play of Roy Williams. Can he return to the Roy of his first 3 years....or are we going to once again see the Roy of the last two years.....I have a feeling we will see the old former......

How Bout Dem Cowboys

Biggems
06-21-2008, 12:22 PM
I do not like the Vikings at all...but they have built themselves a nice little team up there. That defense is just nasty.....they are the new Purple People Eaters. I hope Brian Robison gets more playing time this year.

As far as the offense goes, of course it will revolve around Peterson. His rookie year was very Eric Dickerson-like wasn't it. Only a fool would not make him the centerpiece of the offense, and Childress doesn't look like a fool. I cannot comment on the passing game. I know Jackson showed some progress, but he does have a ways to go. If the Vikings are going to do anything of significance this year, they will need Tavares to at least have a Dilfer (Baltimore) type year.

Biggems
06-21-2008, 12:26 PM
I picked the Chargers to represent the AFC, but I would not be shocked if Jacksonville was there instead. They have a lot of young talent on both sides of the ball. Their defense has definitely improved over the last few years. If they can get anything out of their TEs and WRs, they will be one scary team to play.

All these teams have a legit shot at the SB in the AFC

SD
NE
Indy
Jax
Pitt
Cleveland
Baltimore (if they get any assemblance of offense)

there are other teams in the AFC who will be playoff worthy, but not SB worthy

J.T.
06-21-2008, 01:22 PM
I picked the Chargers to represent the AFC, but I would not be shocked if Jacksonville was there instead. They have a lot of young talent on both sides of the ball. Their defense has definitely improved over the last few years. If they can get anything out of their TEs and WRs, they will be one scary team to play.

All these teams have a legit shot at the SB in the AFC

SD
NE
Indy
Jax
Pitt
Cleveland

there are other teams in the AFC who will be playoff worthy, but not SB worthy

:lmao

Maybe Jacksonville, but not with Del Rio calling the plays.

bostonguy
06-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Why is everyone picking the Pats out of the AFC? Because of their reputation and going 18-1? They have lost so many key guys, the linebackers and the d-line are not that bad but its not like they are so great either. Most of our linebacking core is old as well as our secondary. The Pats arent a very good running team unless they play the Jets/Fins/Other pathetic run defenses. They are a 1 dimensional offense.

I dont expect much from them especially after this past season and how it broke my heart. I mean yeah theyll win the division with a 12-4/11-5 record and probably make it to the divisional round. This superbowl loss was a huge blow to this team and I have doubts theyll ever get over that. It was their first and only loss of the season and it couldnt have come at a worse time.

bostonguy
06-21-2008, 03:10 PM
They had the best record in the NFC last year...unfortunately, they made costly mistakes against the Giants, and the G-Men made all the right plays in the second half to win the game.

Obviously the Giants were a good team last year.....they beat two 13-3 teams and an 18-0 team three weeks in a row on their way to winning the Super Bowl.

If people want to diss the Cowboys for losing to the Giants, then the Packers and Patriots should also be dissed. That Giants front 7 was just nasty last year. They fucked up Tom Brady more than any other team had. The Cowboys made some critical mistakes but the Packers/Patriots did so as well. The bobbled snap was just bad luck. Plus even if they had won that game, they had holes on their d that would have caught up to them.

The Cowboys loaded up real nicely over the offseason. Their D is flat out sick. It is going to be the biggest strength to that team. Their O is going to be solid as well and their special teams will be dramatically improved. They have the talent to win it all. We will just have to see if that talent can mean great results. Thats why you play the games.

monosylab1k
06-21-2008, 04:05 PM
SD
NE
Indy
Jax
Pitt
Cleveland

Scratch SD & Pittsburgh off that list. And I won't even get into how idiotic picking Baltimore is.

Biggems
06-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Scratch SD & Pittsburgh off that list. And I won't even get into how idiotic picking Baltimore is.

idiotic huh?....ok brainiac....

like i said, baltimore is a SB contender if they can find some offense. That D is still one of the, if not the best in the league.