PDA

View Full Version : Having Pizza Delivered? Here's a tip...

Brutalis
06-18-2008, 05:58 PM
When you call and order a pizza, even if you are an existing customer, here is an easy way to get your meal loaded with toppings and cheese. No bunk whatsoever.

Simply tell them you are writing community column for (whatever your town's paper is) on the best pizza in town. Do not tell them to load it up, just explain to them that you are ordering supper every night with a different pizza place, to find out who truly does have the best service and pizza. It doesn't hurt to say last nights pizza was terrible either.

You will have to use your own lingo and wit obviously, but here's how mine usually goes:

Thanks for choosing Pizza Hut may I have your phone number starting with the area code please?
501-123-4567.

And your name?
Wayne.

Thank you, will this be carry out or delivery?
Delivery.

Thank you, would you like to hear the specials or are you ready to order?
I'm ready to order. I am writing a column for the Rocktown Herald, and am spending every night this week ordering pizza from different businesses to see who in fact has the best quality and service. Last night was terrible so hopefully tonight is a lot better!

(usually they say something like, "well sir i'm sure we can make you happy" or something of the sort)

Then go ahead and tell them what you want, and ask them their name. Then they'll answer, give you your total and it's a done deal.

It works for me like a charm. My pizza gets here fast, and it is loaded every time. Pizza Hut has a call station, where they take the orders then transmit them to the nearest store, so you will get a different person every time you call.

Try it.. I do it every time and am loving it.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-18-2008, 05:59 PM
:lol
Will do.

PizzaDeliveryGuy
06-18-2008, 06:19 PM
More importantly is to follow the damn customer's directions when you deliver. Some think they are God and won't tip if you don't.

BRHornet45
06-19-2008, 07:59 PM
sons tonight I ordered Pizza Hut and the service was a joke. now I know that at least 80% of people who deliver pizza for a living are illiterate, didn't finish high school, toothless, etc. (unless they are working through college or something) but this was ridiculous lol. first off the assclown who took my order told me that the delivery time was 45-60 minutes. well nearly 2 hours later my pizza finally arrived, and this was after 3 phone calls from the driver trying to find out where I was at (this goes back to why they should have finished high school so that they could listen and comprehend what someone tells them the first time). anyways, what tops it off is that whenever the driver was handing me my food, he accidentally dropped another persons large pizza and it fell UPSIDE down on the concrete. he then said "oh shit! well at least the actual pizza didn't fall out of the box because I don't have time to go back to the store and make another one". no. I am not kidding.

E20
06-19-2008, 08:02 PM
For a minute I thought you wrote that people who want delivered Pizza are illiterates or college students.

Don Quixote
06-19-2008, 08:20 PM
sons tonight I ordered Pizza Hut and the service was a joke.

In my part of town, I still doubt that there are any places that have re-opened, that deliver.

Evan
06-19-2008, 09:13 PM
When you call and order a pizza, even if you are an existing customer, here is an easy way to get your meal loaded with toppings and cheese. No bunk whatsoever.

Simply tell them you are writing community column for (whatever your town's paper is) on the best pizza in town. Do not tell them to load it up, just explain to them that you are ordering supper every night with a different pizza place, to find out who truly does have the best service and pizza. It doesn't hurt to say last nights pizza was terrible either.

Breaking News!!!!

Nobody making $6 an hour gives a shit who you are or what you thought of the last order.

Melmart1
06-19-2008, 09:26 PM
When I lived in Virginia, the local pizza place we ordered from made their drivers open up each box of pizza to make sure we were happy with it before they accepted payment, that way nothing like the flipped-over pizza would ever happen. I thought this was a good idea, especially since ordering pizza in VA is so fricken expensive. Not only is the price high, but then there is sales tax and a separate "convenience tax" for all delivered food. No joke.

ShoogarBear
06-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Just don't tell them your name is Manny, unless you like turdaroni pizza.

Supreme_Being
06-19-2008, 11:35 PM
This con will also work if you're ordering in a resto.

tsb2000
06-20-2008, 12:52 AM
You should always check the pizzas before you pay the driver. Nothing like upside down pie stuck to the top of the box! :)

Wild Cobra
06-20-2008, 04:55 PM
The pizza delivery places hear all the scams. They treat them differently, but they know better than to believe someone doing a real test will give the nature of the test.

It's better just to ask for what you want. Pay the extra if necessary. If you find it necessary to cheat, then that's your Kharma. Play games with them, at some point they will flag your address. They might even spit on you pizza.

Sense
06-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Breaking News!!!!

Nobody making $6 an hour gives a shit who you are or what you thought of the last order.

++++++1 Lmao...

it's oh so true....

I guarantee it

T Park
06-20-2008, 07:14 PM
The pizza delivery places hear all the scams. They treat them differently, but they know better than to believe someone doing a real test will give the nature of the test.

It's better just to ask for what you want. Pay the extra if necessary. If you find it necessary to cheat, then that's your Kharma. Play games with them, at some point they will flag your address. They might even spit on you pizza.

Spot on.

Nbadan
06-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Eh....all you have to do is say that you got the wrong toppings on your pizza but you don't have time right now for them to replace the pizza you already have cause you have to leave for work...and they will credit your account for a free pie....just do that and use a different phone number each time you call....free pizza guaranteed!