PDA

View Full Version : Should the Spurs try to trade for...

MaNu4Tres
06-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Udonis Haslem or Drew Gooden

It would take Oberto Bonner Udoka and some 2nd round picks or rights to Splitter.

What do y'all think?

0201rinckwater
06-19-2008, 02:54 PM

It would take Oberto Bonner Udoka and some 2nd round picks or rights to Splitter.

What do y'all think?

no and fuck no

MaNu4Tres
06-19-2008, 02:55 PM
I would trade Oberto Bonner Udoka for Haslem in a heartbeat. Just my opinion.

E20
06-19-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm not to keen on trading Udoka, I think he has upside and his performance against the Hornets was great. Any package of picks/Oberto/Bonner/rights for a legit versatile big is a win and somewhat a pipedream.

Haslem would be great, he's a big who can play good D and can guard players like Dirk, KG, and be a bruiser if he has to, he's guarded Duncan before and he's sound offensivley, basically a more mobile version of KT who can hit something outside of the corner jumper. But how feasible is it to get him? I've been hearing that Miami is starting from scratch again, so they might want to trade him to free up soem capspace and roster space, since their not going to go with him anywhere anytime soon.

MaNu4Tres
06-19-2008, 03:00 PM
The way I see our situation with Udoka is this. Yes he played damn good against New Orleans. After this year I just don't see us signing him to an extension unless its for the minimum again. Especially with the 2010 plan intact. We mine as well try to get something for Udoka while he has some respectable value. I imagine we are going to pursue a wing via free agency. That will leave Udoka as our 5th wing again. 5th wings are always expendable.

1Parker1
Haslem for Oberto/Bonner would be a huge upgrade. I'm not too keen on giving up on Udoka for him though.

It always takes at least a year for new players to adjust to the Spurs. Brent Barry wasn't too impressive his first year with the Spurs, neither was Finley. I expect Udoka to become a little more consistent and better next season as he'll hopefully get more minutes with Finley out (hopefully), Ginobili resting, and Bowen one year older and needing more rest.

But I'd rather have Oberto/Bonner than Drew Gooden!

urunobili
i would trade all but the big 4 to get Haslem... Timmy could go to C very comfortably with him on the roster...

td4mvp21
06-19-2008, 03:05 PM
I've always wanted Haslem on the Spurs. He's a bit undersized for a PF (I think he's only 6'9'') but he is a good rebounder and a good defender, with a nice midrange jumper and he's a good finisher. He's scrappy and does a lot of dirty work. He can guard the quicker power forwards.

TheProfessor
06-19-2008, 03:08 PM

What do y'all think?
Acquiring Haslem is a good idea, but I don't think that gets it done. If the Heat shop him, he'd likely be involved in a trade that will land an upgrade in the backcourt, a first round pick, or both.

Sense
06-19-2008, 03:08 PM
I would trade Oberto Bonner Udoka for Haslem in a heartbeat. Just my opinion.

Oberto and Udoka>Haslem as far as the system goes....

I wouldn't do that in a heart beat... I wouldn't do that ever.... We can get better for those 3 players......

so hell no.

T Park
06-19-2008, 03:09 PM

What do y'all think?

Haslem yeah.

Gooden? Fuck no.

MoSpur
06-19-2008, 03:10 PM
I like Haslem. The Spurs had their chances with him in the past.

td4mvp21
06-19-2008, 03:10 PM
I wouldn't trade Udoka for him, but I'd be willing to give up Bonner and Oberto.

J.T.
06-19-2008, 03:20 PM
We should try to get James Posey, because he's the closest thing there is to Robert Horry in the league, and that includes Horry himself.

I wouldn't want to trade Udoka or Oberto. There's not much ceiling on Udoka, he should only get better in his 2nd year with the Spurs and Fabricio does a LOT of good things that don't show up in a box score. The Spurs would miss both of them if they were traded.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Oberto and Udoka>Haslem as far as the system goes....

I wouldn't do that in a heart beat... I wouldn't do that ever.... We can get better for those 3 players......

so hell no.

What he said.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-19-2008, 03:24 PM
I'd love Haslem in the Spurs but there's no reasonable package they can create to get him.

Brutalis
06-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Haslem yes, Gooden no.

remingtonbo2001
06-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Why on earth would Boston trade Posey?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-19-2008, 03:32 PM

He's gonna be a free agent.

J.T.
06-19-2008, 03:32 PM

They probably won't, but I believe he signed a two year deal, making him a FA after next season.

MaNu4Tres
06-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Posey is a free agent this year. My order for potential wing free agents is this:

Corey Maggette via sign and trade
J.R Smith
James Posey
Azubuke
Finley/ James Jones/ Michael Pietrus

T Park
06-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Posey is a free agent this year. My order for potential wing free agents is this:

Corey Maggette via sign and trade
J.R Smith
James Posey
Azubuke
Finley/ James Jones/ Michael Pietrus

You can take Maggette off the list because he isn't coming.

xtremesteven33
06-19-2008, 03:44 PM
You can take Maggette off the list because he isn't coming.

WHY IS THAT?

AA2120
06-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Haslem in a heartbeat..

T Park
06-19-2008, 03:57 PM
WHY IS THAT?

Because the Spurs don't have the players to offer for the S&T nor the money.

xtremesteven33
06-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Because the Spurs don't have the players to offer for the S&T nor the money.

isnt he a free agent?

and if so, spurs could try and get him to sign MLE

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-19-2008, 04:33 PM
isnt he a free agent?

Yes, he's a free agent, but he's looking for a raise, rather than a championship.
Last season he made ~$8M, so he wants a contract around that price or higher.

xtremesteven33
06-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Yes, he's a free agent, but he's looking for a raise, rather than a championship.
Last season he made ~$8M, so he wants a contract around that price or higher.

is that a fact?

AA2120
06-19-2008, 04:46 PM
if they heat get beasley then i think they would trade haslem..their looking for a pg so ive heard..

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-19-2008, 04:51 PM
is that a fact?

Yes.

lrrr
06-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Haslem wouldn't go well in the Spurs system? Tell me what part of the system has facilitated the defense of mobile bigs over the last 4 years. From Amare to Dirk, David West and even Lamar Odom, the Spurs have struggled to keep these guys under control. Oberto and Thomas won't cut it against these guys. The FO knows this, the last two draft picks they used were to draft athletic bigs, cause that's the way the league is moving. How many Malone/Oakley type forwards are there in the game these days? welcome to the new NBA, where Haslem has contributed to winning a championship ring against a team that exploited the Spurs system.

outmap
06-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Haslem is undersized, 6'7" w/o shoes and 6'8" with.
Gooden has low Basketball IQ.
Both are good players but not significant upgrades than what we have now. Oberto and Bonner are fine along with Mahinmi, Thomas and Duncan, the Spurs need a long 3 and a back-up Point.

BOHOLANO#21
06-19-2008, 08:25 PM
I like Haslem. The Spurs had their chances with him in the past. yup. HASLEM was in our summer league team i think in 2004 if i'm correct...

Udokafan05
06-19-2008, 10:05 PM
Haslem is a Kurt Thomas replica, except thomas has better shot

montgod
06-19-2008, 11:14 PM
Haslem is undersized, 6'7" w/o shoes and 6'8" with.
Gooden has low Basketball IQ.
Both are good players but not significant upgrades than what we have now. Oberto and Bonner are fine along with Mahinmi, Thomas and Duncan, the Spurs need a long 3 and a back-up Point.

My thoughts exactly... not to mention, if I recall, Haslem's contract might not be that attractive in the long run.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-19-2008, 11:17 PM
Haslem is a Kurt Thomas replica, except thomas has better shot
Haslem is clutch though. He's also younger and a proven winner.

T Park
06-19-2008, 11:56 PM
Haslem's jumper is pretty solid.

If Udonis Haslem is a realistic get, you DEFINITELY get him.

Sexy Stud 28
06-21-2008, 05:32 PM
I agree with u I think Udoka will improve and I love Fab he is underrated I would let bonner go tho he looks confused half the time!!!

We should try to get James Posey, because he's the closest thing there is to Robert Horry in the league, and that includes Horry himself.

I wouldn't want to trade Udoka or Oberto. There's not much ceiling on Udoka, he should only get better in his 2nd year with the Spurs and Fabricio does a LOT of good things that don't show up in a box score. The Spurs would miss both of them if they were traded.

exstatic
06-21-2008, 07:45 PM
isnt he a free agent?

Why stop there? See if you can't get him for vet min!!! Maybe he'll play for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrspurs
06-21-2008, 08:41 PM
thats to many boneheads for one bonehead....not a fair bonehead trade...so i say no...i would think a fair trade would be one bonehead for one bonehead...tho the biggest of the boneheads is haslim, so maybe bonner for him...i think drew would help duncan more then udoka helps bowen or manu...i also think gooden would help duncan more then fab choke artist plays...if they made a fab for gooden trade at the start of the season id do it...but thats in a dream world...fab is lucky he is liked so much here(they go out of their way to help him,because he is teachable) but his choking will never go away...anywhere else and fab is looking for a job imo....go spurs go

exstatic
06-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Haslem = Malik Rose.

Gooden = The Steve Nash of PFs. He plays absolutely no defense at all.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Gooden is a no defensive playing Black Hole Sun.

James Posey would be a dream as far as free agent acquisitions go, but the only bait the Spurs have ever had as a franchise is the "Come here to win a championship" bull shit, and that is a moot point now that James has himself a championship right where he is, playing with the teammates he has been battle tested with already.

Essentially, we'd have to throw him a bloated contract he could not refuse. And that, as we all know, is something that will never happen in spurs history unless it is a player we already have and will soon ship out because of the aforementioned contract.

We are looking at yet another summer where we will draft nothing, and get the most meager FA acquisitions possible.