PDA

View Full Version : Shaq disses spurs

Avery12
07-13-2003, 10:38 AM
Shaquille O'Neal, in Saturday's New York Times, on the Laker additions and what it means in the West: "Last year, I had a couple tanks, a couple grenades. Now I got atomic weapons. I'm going nuclear. I'm Colin Powell, and I can drop the bomb any time I want to.

"I'm not going to talk about Sacramento, because I've been hard on them in the past. But San Antonio's window is shut. That's right, the Diesel is back.

"Hey, they had a great year. It was their turn. Congratulations. That's all right. 'Cause they don't got two 7-footers anymore."

David Robinson retired at the end of the season, leaving Tim Duncan without a true center.

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2003, 10:41 AM
:blah

[/shaq]

ZStomp
07-13-2003, 10:45 AM
Where's the diss?

F7
07-13-2003, 10:57 AM
http://www.brawl-hall.com/gallery/data/media/5/fury.jpg

Spuratic1
07-13-2003, 10:58 AM
No diss, but Shaq is talking all the same trash as always... Maybe it makes him feel better about the fact that him and Kobe chouldn't get it done, so they had to hire two sale outs to put them back in the mix...

smackdaddy11
07-13-2003, 11:08 AM
It takes adding 2 HOF players to get him to open the pie hole. Real gutsy prediction fatass. :flipoff

Atomic weapons? Lakers better hope the plutonium is stable. If it goes off prematurely, Three Mile Island on the west coast.

Walton Buys Off Me
07-13-2003, 11:26 AM
Shaq knows the score- he also knows he can eat Tim Duncan for breakfast- problem is Duncan cab abuse Shaq right back- it's a wash.

Which is why our 'supporting' cast needs to improve.

ImFromBeijing
07-13-2003, 12:09 PM
Where's the diss?

My feeling exactly.

You are expecting Shaq to just bend over? Get a freaking clue.

T Park Num 9
07-13-2003, 12:13 PM
no

but just curious

does the guy have to be a classless fat prick all the time.
He just cant ever say great champion spurs will be hard to beat we have a our work cutout for us.
No hes got to make snide comments, stupid backhanded cliches, the guy has no classy bone in his body what so ever.

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2003, 12:13 PM
Yeah. After all his back must be sore from doing that in this year's playoffs.

:cooldevil

ImFromBeijing
07-13-2003, 12:37 PM
does the guy have to be a classless fat prick all the time.

For a second I thought you were talking about yourself.

Ghost Writer
07-13-2003, 12:38 PM
We need two 7 footers.

Get 'Kandi.

:cooldevil

T Park Num 9
07-13-2003, 12:50 PM
nice try china boy,

dont you have a family to go tell they have to throw away there third child????

zarko
07-13-2003, 01:00 PM
guess the time shaq is spending with his drill instructor is really paying off. he's got the lingo down and everything. Just wait for the first time he starts chewing on karl and payton...this could be some real fun. this team will self destruct and even the masha-yogi-guru-zen meister can't save it.

Jimcs50
07-13-2003, 01:28 PM
This shows the respect that he has for SA. You only mention the competition that you worry about.

adidas11
07-13-2003, 01:46 PM
You people read way too much into what Shaq says. It's sort of like Ali, when he would fight Frazier, Ali would always talk trash, because it was fun, and it got attention.

And don't read too much into how the Lakers couldn't get it done last year. They were coming off winning 3 in a row. Any team that makes it to the finals that many years in a row, and is always the #1 target of every team in the league, is going to wear down. They were running on fumes when they hit the playoffs, just like the old Celtics in the 80s, the Pistons when they lost to the Bulls in 1991, both Bulls 3 peats, etc. I think having an extra month of rest this summer, and having the hunger to win back the championship will help them turn in a better performance in 2003-2004.

picnroll
07-13-2003, 01:56 PM
adidas I give the Lakers zero credit if they win the championship this year. This team is a total fluke unprecendented in NBA history. Talk about an * championship. Shaq gets down on his knees and begs and blows a couple of top 20 stars to come work for chump change. If Shaq had gtten in shape and they'd gone out into the market and retooled in a normal fashion (which right now seems to be about $8 million for a guy like Rasho or Brown) played in the same game as other teams, then I'd be impressed.

You had your 2003 NBA Champion Spurs - "The Accidental Champions

Should The Lakers win this year I have - 2004 NBA Champion Lakers - "The Short-term Rental Champions"

Don't try to legitamize this farce with " I think having an extra month of rest this summer, and having the hunger to win back the championship will help them turn in a better performance in 2003-2004".

adonis50
07-13-2003, 02:03 PM
His comments are an indirect praise for DRob and Spurs defense. He doesn't believe that the Spurs can maintain the same tough D, but it's still early for him to share his stupid thoughts with people across America.
Where's the rest of the article? He says, "oh, did I mention we're getting Mason (Anthony), that's a lot of beef"...hilarious:rollin

MannyIsGod
I wn't be bitter, if the lakers win, i'll givethem credit.

Spurs fans would be happy if stars came here to play.

They don't.

I won't be bitter about that.

adonis50
His comments are an indirect praise for DRob and Spurs defense. He doesn't believe that the Spurs can maintain the same tough D, but it's still early for him to share his stupid thoughts with people across America.
Where's the rest of the article? He says, "oh, did I mention we're getting Mason (Anthony), that's a lot of beef"...hilarious:rollin

adonis50
07-13-2003, 02:04 PM

Mark in Austin
07-13-2003, 02:26 PM
Adidas,

I think you're a pretty knowledgeable guy, but let's drop the comparisons between Shaq and Muhammed Ali. That's a little silly.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-13-2003, 02:42 PM
So you've got 3 future Hall of Famers on your team, and now you want to talk trash.

Hey Shaq, here's what's going to be next to your title should you win it next year.

MissAllThat
07-13-2003, 04:17 PM
Shaq needs to go back to his habit of only opening his mouth to swallow a whopper or a crunch bar (eeww, nasty). I don't really take this as a diss, in fact I was cracking up after I read it, but seriously, Shaq is a moron.

Bounce580
07-13-2003, 04:34 PM
You guys are already getting excuses prepared for next year? How do you fault the Lakers? They got beat in the playoffs, and they went out and got some of the best players available. More power to them, that's how free agency works. Who cares if Payton and Malone took paycuts? None of you would have any problem whatsoever if Payton and/or Malone took that cut to come to San Antonio.

You bitch when people are "just about the money and don't care about rings" (Jermaine and PJ).

You bitch when people aren't about the money, and take huge paycuts to actually go after the ring (Payton and Malone).

You bitch about cheap owners who don't want to pay their team anything, so make no attempt to improve (Sterling).

You bitch about owners who want to improve, so they go shopping for the best players (Buss).

You've pretty much got all the bases covered.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-13-2003, 04:39 PM
Bounce,

Who is making excuses? I'm just saying the Big Fat Ass should shut his hole when he has half the Dream Team to back up his talk.

Where was the pussy last year when it came down to him vs. Tim Duncan? That's right, getting bitch slapped.

AHF

Bounce580
07-13-2003, 04:44 PM
Saying that IF the Lakers win next year, there will be a bunch of asterisks next to it, is pretty much making excuses. You did it, and picnroll did it.

If they win, it's cause they played the best ball. Regardless of who is on the team. They're a good team, but they're very far from unbeatable.

picnroll
07-13-2003, 04:46 PM
I've got a great idea, The Small Market Player Loaner Plan. Every year one small market team gets to pick one star each from two other small market teams to add to their roster to compete for a championship. Let's say once in ten years we get KG and TMac to add to TD and the rest off our squad. At the end of the year we return KG and TMac to Minny and Orlando respectively. Of course over the course of the ten years we have to loan out TD a couple of times. What do you think, The Small Market Player Loaner Plan? Why should LA have all the fun?

Bounce it would have been cool if Payton and Malone did what they did but went to say Orlando with TMac or Minny with KG, teams like they came from that had struggled for years to get a ring and done it collectively. And it's not just a Laker hater thing.

GrandeDavid
07-13-2003, 05:06 PM
T Park Num 9, I think you scared away the Beijing kid with those harsh comments. :fro

timvp
07-13-2003, 05:15 PM
Shaq talking?

WGAF?

bugramps
07-13-2003, 06:39 PM
In fact, let's think about this. He talks trash about everyone and every team...especially the Spurs in the past.
BUT, after this year, he's more respectful of the Spurs because he knows what they are capable of. He knows Duncan is a better player than him, and he knows that Duncan can easily get the better of him in a clutch game like Game 6 this past year.
He'll trash up Sacramento to no end, because he doesn't fear them. With the Spurs, he's more careful now with his words.
That's the closest he will come to saying the Spurs are capable of threatening their championship hopes.
Plus, take it as a compliment that the Lakers and Shaq see it as necessary to get Payton and Malone to counter to regain their crown from the Spurs.
I think an L.A./S.A. western conference final would be AWESOME! And, I believe the Spurs would come out victorious.
The Lakers play the best individual focused basketball. The Spurs play the best team ball...Tim is THE man, but he's also the consumate teammate.
Spurs are going to get better, Shaq knows that...that's why he chose his words carefully.
Also, note he didn't want to mention anyone else. Just the Spurs. To him, they are the competition...not the Kings or Mavs. Why bother mentioning them? I see this as good news for us coming from the greatest overrated basketball player in the history of the NBA.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-13-2003, 06:44 PM
Bounce,

I''m not making excuses, I'm stating facts.

If people can give the Spurs an asterick for it being a 50 game season, or more comically due to Webber, Dirk, etc. hitting the mat, why couldn't LA have one for having a bunch of sellouts on their team?

AHF

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2003, 06:45 PM
Yes. LA's scared enough of TD that they had to call in the Space Cowboys to save their ass. Dammit I want to see the Spurs drop their asses so bad it isn't funny. No matter what you try Lakers...the Simulator Crew has figured you out.

:makemyday

ImFromBeijing
07-13-2003, 06:49 PM
T Park Num 9, I think you scared away the Beijing kid with those harsh comments.

Don't you think his "harsh" comments proved exactly what I said? :wacko

MissAllThat
07-13-2003, 06:55 PM
Beijing, I can't say that you didn't deserve what was said. If you're gonna insult someone, you have to expect them to say something back.

ImFromBeijing
07-13-2003, 07:00 PM
Beijing, I can't say that you didn't deserve what was said. If you're gonna insult someone, you have to expect them to say something back.

That's cool MAT. :spin

It wasn't the first time he used similar shit against me when he was losing an argument or got pissed off for whatever reason. I believe many posters who ain't Spurs homers have had similar experience. :argue

But it was the first time I said something back. And it was probably the last. :angel

adidas11
07-13-2003, 09:06 PM
Hmmm...everyone on this board bitches about the Lakers, and how they have no talent on their team, and they're just a two man team. Then they go out and get solid players, and now everyone bitches about how they have too much talent?

And Shaq always talks trash, so comparing how he talks trash to how Ali talks trash is definitely on the mark. I think he makes it more for the media to feed off from than anything else.

irishock
06-23-2013, 03:14 AM
:blah

:lol is this the classic :lol?

midnightpulp
06-23-2013, 03:22 AM
The good ole days, when the Lakers/Spurs rivalry was at its peak.

HeatChamps
06-23-2013, 12:22 PM
As Shaq would say. I'm not worried about the San Antonio Queens. San Antonio are Sacramental are one and of the same choke.

Juggity
06-23-2013, 12:56 PM
As Shaq would say. I'm not worried about the San Antonio Queens. San Antonio are Sacramental are one and of the same choke.

Considering how close the Heat came to being eliminated, it would be foolish to say you weren't worried.

The tears were forming in Lebron's eyes. The world saw 'em.

HeatChamps
06-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Considering how close the Heat came to being eliminated, it would be foolish to say you weren't worried.

The tears were forming in Lebron's eyes. The world saw 'em.
Close doesn't matter. The fact is they didn't lose. And the Queens fell apart again just like in 2002 (Sacramental) and 2004.

jeebus
06-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Shaq knows the score- he also knows he can eat Tim Duncan for breakfast- problem is Duncan cab abuse Shaq right back- it's a wash.

Which is why our 'supporting' cast needs to improve.
uh, Shaq is retired, you stupid fuck

irishock
06-23-2013, 01:55 PM

?

jeebus
06-23-2013, 02:04 PM
?
Welcome to the off season.

Pero
06-23-2013, 02:25 PM
LMAO, who's the stupid fuck here really? :lol:

Agloco
06-23-2013, 11:56 PM

Not sure if serious.....

jeebus
06-24-2013, 12:27 AM
Not sure if serious.....

are you serious?

AchillesHeel
06-24-2013, 03:49 AM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1640808/nate-robinson-o.gif

eric365
06-24-2013, 10:38 AM
Actually the Lakers won against the Spurs that year against the Lakers and had to add a second 7 footer to win again in 2005.
I'm a spurs fan but I have to say that he was right...

Agloco
06-24-2013, 01:01 PM
are you serious?

I'm never serious on this board tbh.

jeebus
06-24-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm never serious on this board tbh.
at least you're honest tbh