PDA

View Full Version : If Al Gore wasn't robbed...

midgetonadonkey
06-20-2008, 12:59 AM
of the Presidensy in 2000, where would the country be?

We would not be in Iraq.
The country would not be in a recession.
Bin Laden would be dead.
Nine eleven would've never happened.
And gas would not be at 4 dolllars a gallon.

jochhejaam
06-20-2008, 06:18 AM

We would not be in Iraq.
Bin Laden would be dead.

You forgot "We would still be obsessed with SUV's".

"We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future".

-George Bernard Shaw-

101A
06-20-2008, 09:00 AM

We would not be in Iraq.
Bin Laden would be dead.

If 9/11 never happens, who killed Bin Laden?

CubanMustGo
06-20-2008, 11:02 AM
We would not be in Iraq: True
The country would not be in a recession: 50-50
Bin Laden would be dead: probably not
9-11 would've never happened: Clinton didn't do anything about OBL, why would Gore?
Gas would not be $4 a gallon: What, was Gore going to nuke China?

MannyIsGod
06-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Al Gore wasn't robbed in 2000 so we're in the spot where we'd be if Al Gore wasn't robbed.

balli
06-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Gas would not be $4 a gallon: What, was Gore going to nuke China?
Nah, but he wouldn't have spent the dollar into a worthless oblivion like dubya has done.

You're right, the president can't really control oil prices that much, but he can control how much the currency (that we use to buy gas) is worth and in that regard bush has just been a miserable, miserable failure.

MannyIsGod
06-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Nah, but he wouldn't have spent the dollar into a worthless oblivion like dubya has done.

You're right, the president can't really control oil prices that much, but he can control how much the currency (that we use to buy gas) is worth and in that regard bush has just been a miserable, miserable failure.

LOL no he can't.

balli
06-20-2008, 02:00 PM
LOL no he can't.

you're telling me that you don't think our president's economic policies, huge budget defecit/out of control spending/trade defecit, have nothing to do with the decline of the dollar?

xrayzebra
06-20-2008, 02:05 PM
This thread is like the comedy hour. Even the cats and dogs know that, as Gore would say.
:lmao:lol:lmao:lol:lmao:lol:lmao:lol

boutons_
06-20-2008, 02:12 PM
We would not be in Iraq.

TRUE

CYCLICAL. dubya's boom sucked for everybody except the wealthy. Growth in total economy was not shared by everybody.

IF Gore would have reacted to CIA/FBI/FAA warnings about "planes into buildings" and activated red-alert at all levels, (a national defense the Repugs willfuly refused to do, wanting an attack to justify their Iraq war-for-oil), perhaps some smartfucks in CIA/FBI/FAA/local would have connected the dots and stopped 9/11. 9/11 is clearly the complete failure of dubya to defend the country.

Bin Laden would be dead.

With no 9/11, bin Laden would remain unimportant. Clinton took bin Laden seriously, tried to kill him, and I assume Gore would have continued that policy, which the Repugs willfully refused to adopt since anything Clinton did was ideological shit.

Impossible to say. $4 really isn't very expensive. Should be $7 or $8, like in Europe, to force down demand. The estimate is that 30% of the price of oil barrel today is due to Iraq war.

balli
06-20-2008, 02:15 PM
$4 really isn't very expensive. Should be $7 or $8, like in Europe, to force down demand.
+1

Wild Cobra
06-20-2008, 04:11 PM

We would not be in Iraq.

Maybe we wouldn't. I wonder how many other terrorist strikes would have occured?

The economy started going into recession before Bush becaome president.

Bin Laden would be dead.

I doubt it. Gore would probably have him invited to the White House to negotiate.

Bullshit. It was long in the planning.

I agree. It would be $6.00 to $8.00 per gallon, maybe moe, with all the sin taxes we would pay on it due to Global Warming.

PEP
06-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Holy shit. Are you really serious that all those things would not have happened if Gore had become President? Seriously??? Come on man.

possessed
06-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Al Gore wasn't robbed. You mean if Gore had his way and military absentee votes weren't allowed?

Wild Cobra
06-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Al Gore wasn't robbed. You mean if Gore had his way and military absentee votes weren't allowed?

Agreed. Besides, how is taking what is yours back from a thief considered robbing?

We have allot of people with questionable ethics here, don't we...

Cant_Be_Faded
06-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Al Gore wasn't robbed in 2000 so we're in the spot where we'd be if Al Gore wasn't robbed.

right...so....the thread should be titled "If The Supreme Court Did Not Unilaterally Declare George W. Bush President..." then, right?

The Bin Laden killed thing would have happened "If We Did Not Give a Fuck About 5 American Officials..." or "If The Repubs Did Not Tie The President's Hands Behind His Back Because of a Blowjob..."

MannyIsGod
06-21-2008, 11:27 AM
you're telling me that you don't think our president's economic policies, huge budget defecit/out of control spending/trade defecit, have nothing to do with the decline of the dollar?

I'm telling you the president doesn't wield nearly as much economic control as you think he does. We also have these 2 groups of people in DC that share a lot of control on our nations budget. They once shut down the government in 1994.

Do you know who I'm talking about?

Guru of Nothing
06-21-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm telling you the president doesn't wield nearly as much economic control as you think he does. We also have these 2 groups of people in DC that share a lot of control on our nations budget. They once shut down the government in 1994.

Do you know who I'm talking about?

Yeah, but Gore would have opened up a can of lockbox on these jokers if they got in his way.

PEP
06-21-2008, 04:17 PM
You are aware that the NY Times and Washington Post recounted all the votes in Florida and Bush still would have won by a few hundred votes.

Wild Cobra
06-21-2008, 11:27 PM
You are aware that the NY Times and Washington Post recounted all the votes in Florida and Bush still would have won by a few hundred votes.

Well, propagandists don't care about the truth, do they?

Anti.Hero
06-22-2008, 12:00 AM
We would all be super duper mega humans who exhaled rainbows that healed the earth and killed terrorists.