PDA

View Full Version : Best Wings In SA?

timvp
01-31-2005, 06:07 PM
Where is the best place to get wings in town? And is it better to call in an order if you are getting 50 or 100?

Thanks.

Shelly
01-31-2005, 06:12 PM
Wing Stop--There's one on Guilbeau/Bandera. I love their garlic parmesan ones.

The one over by Santiko aren't very good from what I've heard and a lot more expensive.

We always call ahead, so, Yes!

Kori Ellis
01-31-2005, 06:14 PM
Thanks, Shelly. I didn't know there was a Wing Stop that close to us.

Shelly
01-31-2005, 06:19 PM
yeah--it's in the shopping center that has Dollar Tree and Big Lots, across from HEB.

tlongII
01-31-2005, 06:35 PM
Hooters.

SpursWoman
01-31-2005, 06:37 PM
She's looking for wings...not breasts...tlong. :fro

Clandestino
01-31-2005, 06:38 PM
Hooters has the WORST wings of anyone... you can buy a bag of frozen wings and they taste just as good or better than hooters..

SpursWoman
01-31-2005, 06:40 PM
Hooters has the WORST wings of anyone... you can buy a bag of frozen wings and they taste just as good or better than hooters..

I was going to say....I'd been there once and thought they were really greasy, but I didn't want to seem as though I was just being catty. :lol :drunk

pseudofan
01-31-2005, 06:40 PM
So everytime my husband says he goes because of the wings....... :depressed he's lying????? :depressed

Kori Ellis
01-31-2005, 06:41 PM
I was going to say....I'd been there once and thought they were really greasy, but I didn't want to seem as though I was just being catty.

:lol Me too. I started typing and I stopped because I knew the guys were going to say, "you just don't want timvp to go there."

Clandestino
01-31-2005, 06:45 PM
i'm a guy and believe me their wings suck.. their burgers are good though.. that is all i eat there while i'm checking out the chicks! oh yeah..and their raw oysters!

exstatic
01-31-2005, 06:47 PM
Wingstop is awesome. I love Garlic/Parmesan, Teriyaki, Lemon Pepper, Hawaiian, and Mild.

desflood
01-31-2005, 06:51 PM
Just go to www.wingstop.com and look up the restaurant locator. They're all over the city.

Kori Ellis
01-31-2005, 06:52 PM
Thanks. Shelly actually named the one that is near by our house. I had just never noticed it before.

Shelly
01-31-2005, 06:53 PM
Ex, did you ever have the cajun one? Spic-y! I'm afraid to try the atomic kind!

IceColdBrewski
01-31-2005, 07:17 PM
There has to be something other than wing stop. Their spiciest wing is way to spicy to enjoy but the next one down the chart (cajun I think) isn't spicy at all to me.

exstatic
01-31-2005, 07:27 PM
For Buffalo sytle wings, they have Atomic, Medium, and Mild. I guess the Cajun are hot, too.

violentkitten
01-31-2005, 07:31 PM
ive been to hooters exactly thrice in my life and each time it was because i got conned into going. the chicks are usually flat chested, flat assed, and usually look strung out. i mean at least when you go to a strip joint you get to see flat chested, flat assed, strung out chicks buck naked. sorry but i dont find it too tantalizing to see flat chested, flat assed, strung out chicks in hot orange nylon walking around.

IceColdBrewski
01-31-2005, 07:56 PM
ive been to hooters exactly thrice in my life and each time it was because i got conned into going. the chicks are usually flat chested, flat assed, and usually look strung out. i mean at least when you go to a strip joint you get to see flat chested, flat assed, strung out chicks buck naked. sorry but i dont find it too tantalizing to see flat chested, flat assed, strung out chicks in hot orange nylon walking around.

Thanx for that info. But we're talking about hot wings.

IceColdBrewski
01-31-2005, 08:04 PM
I think I'm going to give 'Buffalo Wild Wings' a try for my Super Bowl finger food this year. I can always add more hot sauce like I did last year with the Wing Stop wings.

blackbucket
01-31-2005, 08:38 PM
Buffalo Wild Wings on De Zavala is very good. In fact, that is a good place to have a GTG. They have TVs everywhere and the food is good and drinks are flowin'.

For the record, I love Hooters wings. I always get Hot, ALL DRUMS, with ranch. Then I add the bottled hot sauce.

maxpower
01-31-2005, 08:43 PM
Wings-N-More Callahan and I-10

IceColdBrewski
01-31-2005, 08:47 PM
Buffalo Wild Wings on De Zavala is very good. In fact, that is a good place to have a GTG. They have TVs everywhere and the food is good and drinks are flowin'.

For the record, I love Hooters wings. I always get Hot, ALL DRUMS, with ranch. Then I add the bottled hot sauce.

I just called them and they gave me a rundown of about 12 different wing flavors. Including "blazin hot!" I know where I'm goin for my Super Bowl wings. :spin

Hook Dem
01-31-2005, 08:54 PM
So everytime my husband says he goes because of the wings....... :depressed he's lying????? :depressed
:lol :lol :lol

IX_Equilibrium
01-31-2005, 08:56 PM
I like the wings at Hooters

KEDA
01-31-2005, 09:19 PM
Wing Stop

Lemon Pepper

Nuff Said

Solid D
01-31-2005, 09:42 PM
Oh, those kind of Wings. :shootme

I thought this was another thread about who should get more minutes: Manu, Bowen, Barry or Devin?

Mr Dio
01-31-2005, 09:51 PM
X & Shelly hit it with Wing Stop BUT[I][U] if you go to HEB in the frozen section the there are some Honey BBQ wings that are meaty & awesome!

ducks
01-31-2005, 10:41 PM
She's looking for wings...not breasts...tlong. :fro

breast are good to :angel

IceColdBrewski
01-31-2005, 10:50 PM
Wing Stop

Lemon Pepper

Nuff Said

Tried em. I thought they sucked. So did everyone else at my Super Bowl party last year. I got 25 cajun, 25 hawaiian barbeque, 25 lemmon pepper, and 25 garlic something or other. Everything was wiped out except about half of the lemmon pepper. Nobody wanted to take them home so I ended up throwing them in the trash.

Mark in Austin
01-31-2005, 11:26 PM
If you're ever looking for a good wing spot in Austin, check out Pluckers. Great wings, tons of TV's, and one of the better slogans:

"If you don't like our wings, we'll give you the bird"

BW3 on Sixth is pretty good, too.

Notorious H.O.P.
02-01-2005, 12:45 AM
BW3 in Austin rocks. That's the same as our Buffalo Wild Wings. In my opinion, this was the wing ranking in San Antonio.

1. American Wing Factory - These guys had the best lemon pepper wings in the city.
2. Buffalo Wild Wings - The Blazin' Wings will cause some damage but they're awesome
3. Wing Stop - Good Over-All wing joint
4. Wings And More - Small wings but decent variety and full bar
5. Hooters - Used to be the king but they've been going downhill for a while
5. That wing joint next to Silverado - Very slow service and the wings aren't that great.

Unfortunately, American Wing Factory closed down because of a serious illness in the owners family. It's a shame I didn't go by there more often. That elevates Buffalo Wild Wings to the top spot. The Blazin' are hotter than the atomics at Wing Stop and taste better too. Plus they have 11 other flavors but no lemon pepper. Toss in about 25 TVs with sports and trivia, an full bar and a great beer selection and BWW is the new King of the Wing.

KEDA
02-01-2005, 08:28 AM
BWW is alright, probably # 2 in my book

If you dont like the wing stop lemmon pepper, send them to me!!!!

samikeyp
02-01-2005, 08:32 AM
No one is a bigger fan of Hooters than I...but wing stop is better for the wings. I rarely get wings at Hoots anymore, there are so many more things on the menu that are much and their Buffalo chicken sandwich. So yes, I go there for the breasts! :spin

rr2418
02-01-2005, 11:37 AM
I like Wing Stop, but I also like Hooters. Hooters wings have alot more meat in them!

Jimcs50
02-01-2005, 12:53 PM
Best wings???

That is like asking which type of shit is better to eat.....Dog? Cat? Cow?

MrChug
02-01-2005, 01:40 PM
It's phenomenal. I don't think my requirements for good chicken wings are that steep. First of all, they mush have CHICKEN on the freakin bone-that means The Wing Factory, Wing Stop and Wings n' More are out...their wings are like anorhexic or anemic or something. Great flavors, no chicken :depressed ! As a matter of fact, it's really hard to come across ANY place that has a decent wing. I think it would be easier to list the places where I would eat wings as opposed to the places where I'd rather chug the ketchup...that list would take FOREVER! Hooters-believe it or not, great wings. Fat, flavorful and served by a skank with a smile :p I've enjoyed the wings at a place @ 281&Thousand Oaks that I love calle "Crabby Jacks"...excellent. But I hereby challenge anyone who loves wings to try something new and kinda unique. I kinda got invited to a place called "Jetts Burgers" last month to watch the Spurs game and tried their wings. Out of this freaking world! Not your traditional wing, but HUGE and very tasty. The people who work there are pretty nice too, cute chicks at the register ;) It's the batter on their wings....awesome. Like nothing I've ever tasted before, but lemme say this: By the end of the night, I cleared 3 orders of 10! They're awesome...actually ALL their food is pretty great, for a grill.

IceColdBrewski
02-01-2005, 11:39 PM
BW3 in Austin rocks. That's the same as our Buffalo Wild Wings. In my opinion, this was the wing ranking in San Antonio.

1. American Wing Factory - These guys had the best lemon pepper wings in the city.
2. Buffalo Wild Wings - The Blazin' Wings will cause some damage but they're awesome
3. Wing Stop - Good Over-All wing joint
4. Wings And More - Small wings but decent variety and full bar
5. Hooters - Used to be the king but they've been going downhill for a while
5. That wing joint next to Silverado - Very slow service and the wings aren't that great.

Unfortunately, American Wing Factory closed down because of a serious illness in the owners family. It's a shame I didn't go by there more often. That elevates Buffalo Wild Wings to the top spot. The Blazin' are hotter than the atomics at Wing Stop and taste better too. Plus they have 11 other flavors but no lemon pepper. Toss in about 25 TVs with sports and trivia, an full bar and a great beer selection and BWW is the new King of the Wing.

This post sealed the deal for me. Thanx for the insight H.O.P.

I'll be driving down to the BWW on DeZavala tommorrow to do some wing tasting.