PDA

View Full Version : Papa Murphys

lebomb
06-20-2008, 10:53 AM
All fast food pizza sucks now.....also, frozen pizza from the grocer sucks even more.

Fresh pizza GOOD pizza right out of the oven pwntz all!!!

:hat

Dex
06-20-2008, 12:21 PM
I've heard that it's actually pretty badass pizza, and I can see the appeal of getting your pie straight out of the oven...

But at the same time, going out to a restaurant to spend money on food that I have to bring home and cook seems kinda retarded to me.

MoSpur
06-20-2008, 12:46 PM
I like Double Daves a lot right now. I haven't tried Papa Murphy's though.

bus driver
06-20-2008, 01:05 PM
chicago style is good!

only wish they delivered.

E20
06-20-2008, 01:56 PM
There are a lot of Papa Murphy's in California and that is the only place I order from. It is pretty good, it's the Subway of Pizza places.

T Park
06-20-2008, 02:21 PM
I've heard that it's actually pretty badass pizza, and I can see the appeal of getting your pie straight out of the oven...

But at the same time, going out to a restaurant to spend money on food that I have to bring home and cook seems kinda retarded to me.

Its almost as retarded as UR Cooks.

Pay all that money to cook the food yourself?

Screw that.

lebomb
06-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Its almost as retarded as UR Cooks.

Pay all that money to cook the food yourself?

Screw that.

You call placing an already prepared pizza in the oven for 10min. cooking??? :lmao

:rolleyes Anyhow, wait till you taste it straight from the oven to your table........then you will understand the difference. :toast

T Park
06-20-2008, 02:41 PM
You call placing an already prepared pizza in the oven for 10min. cooking??? :lmao

:rolleyes Anyhow, wait till you taste it straight from the oven to your table........then you will understand the difference. :toast

Is the pizza not having to be cooked? Is it ready to eat when you pick it up? No. You have to bake it yourself. Hence you have to BAKE the pizza. Sorry if I don't find that a bit strange.

I had it last year when i was on a business trip to Sacramento.

I think Costco's pizza is just as good, and is cheaper.

Don Quixote
06-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Haven't had Costco's. I've had Sam's, and it tends to resemble most other commercially-available pizzas -- lots of cheese, plenty of meat, oodles of grease, and not enough sauce. The only big chain to solve this for me has been Papa Juan's -- I can at least taste a tomato once in awhile. But generally I feel like I'm about to have another heart attack when I eat Pizza Hut, Domino's, etc.

Don Quixote
06-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Of course, this is moot for me at the moment, for there is not yet a single pizza place in New Orleans East, that delivers, that has re-opened. So we have to go out for pizza regardless.

(How is St. Louis looking, flood-wise?)

lebomb
06-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Is the pizza not having to be cooked? Is it ready to eat when you pick it up? No. You have to bake it yourself. Hence you have to BAKE the pizza. Sorry if I don't find that a bit strange.

I had it last year when i was on a business trip to Sacramento.

I think Costco's pizza is just as good, and is cheaper.

The point is........fresh straight from the oven at home pizza tastes better than anything delivered. Now costcos pizza may be good, but drive that shit home and see how it tastes coming out of the box. There isnt a costco within 15-20min. ride from my place. :depressed

Opinionater
06-20-2008, 03:14 PM
IMHO, Digiornio's taste just like carry out.

T Park
06-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Of course, this is moot for me at the moment, for there is not yet a single pizza place in New Orleans East, that delivers, that has re-opened. So we have to go out for pizza regardless.

(How is St. Louis looking, flood-wise?)

The Mississippi is hi, but I don't know of any flooding there just yet.

T Park
06-20-2008, 03:25 PM
The point is........fresh straight from the oven at home pizza tastes better than anything delivered. Now costcos pizza may be good, but drive that shit home and see how it tastes coming out of the box. There isnt a costco within 15-20min. ride from my place. :depressed

Costco's pizza you have to bake as well.

That was my point though, if your gonna go that route, just do costco, you get a bigger pizza, at a better price, and the quality is just as good.

CubanMustGo
06-20-2008, 03:28 PM
IMHO, Digiornio's taste just like carry out.

Ewww. I don't want to know where you get carry-out.

lebomb
06-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Costco's pizza you have to bake as well.

That was my point though, if your gonna go that route, just do costco, you get a bigger pizza, at a better price, and the quality is just as good.

Ohh....I see. My bad.

Well, I like the crust better from Papa Murphys. I got the meat lovers the other night......I swear I could barely eat 3 slices. Also.......with coupons I can get two larges for under $15.00.

T Park
06-20-2008, 03:34 PM
Ohh....I see. My bad.

Well, I like the crust better from Papa Murphys. I got the meat lovers the other night......I swear I could barely eat 3 slices. Also.......with coupons I can get two larges for under $15.00.

I think one gigundo (don't know the sizes haven't gotten pizza from Costco since about October) is like 7 bucks.
Its the size of 2 larges.

I'm tellin ya, make the 20 minute drive next time your jonesin pizza :lol

lebomb
06-20-2008, 03:41 PM
I think one gigundo (don't know the sizes haven't gotten pizza from Costco since about October) is like 7 bucks.
Its the size of 2 larges.

I'm tellin ya, make the 20 minute drive next time your jonesin pizza :lol

I might do that.......they have thin crust?? I dont like the thick stuff.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-20-2008, 05:22 PM
I like Papa Murphy's, but around here their prices have actually gotten higher than some of the ready cooked delivery services.

tp2021
06-20-2008, 05:25 PM
nothing beats the grease-stain glory of pizza patron. the grease seeps through the box onto the table you set it on. yum.