PDA

View Full Version : John McCain Didn't Love His Country Until the Age of 31

JohnnyMarzetti
06-20-2008, 01:34 PM
He just can't seem to remember what he says.

http://www.americablog.com/2008/06/mccain-says-he-didnt-love-america.html

First off, let's make one thing clear. John McCain has repeatedly had his wife, Cindy, attack Michelle Obama because Mrs. Obama said that for the first time in her adult life she was really proud of her country. Mrs. McCain had the nerve to say that, unlike Mrs. Obama, she's ALWAYS been proud of her country. Now we find out that John McCain not only wasn't proud of his country as an adult, he didn't even love it while he was fighting for it. McCain made "love of country" relevant when he decided to use it to repeatedly attack Mrs. Obama (as recently as yesterday).

Yes, John McCain has repeatedly stated that he didn't love our country until he was captured as a POW during Vietnam. Here's what McCain said in March on FOX:

"I didn't really love America until I was deprived of her company."

Then there's McCain in 1999:

"It wasn't until I was deprived of her company that I fell in love with America."

McCain was 31 years old when he was captured. 31. Far into adulthood. So McCain was fighting for our country, a country he didn't love. And we're supposed to respect the military service of a man who didn't love his country. Then why was he fighting?

How is this any different from what Michelle Obama said? Mrs. Obama said that for the first time in her adult life she was really proud of our country. McCain said that he never loved our country before the age of 31. At least Mrs. Obama was proud of our country before, and she always loved our country. McCain not so much - let's face it, if John McCain didn't love America as an adult, he most certainly wasn't proud of her. And another thing. Michelle Obama is the candidate's WIFE. John McCain wants to be commander in chief of a country he didn't love.

But I suppose I'm just misinterpreting what he said. :rolleyes

Oh, Gee!!
06-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Maybe he loved America, but he just wasn't "in love" with America.

boutons_
06-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Old Sick Senile 95% McFlopPanderKeating really has a gift for words. :lol

Where do the Repugs find such stupid fucks? "over and over and over" :lol

Extra Stout
06-20-2008, 03:04 PM
This is the most idiotic thing I have read today. But I do appreciate you people: just when I throw up my hands at all the rampant Republican stupidity, I'm reminded that stupidity is the most bipartisan attribute in all of America.

Opinionater
06-20-2008, 03:12 PM
This is the most idiotic thing I have read today. But I do appreciate you people: just when I throw up my hands at all the rampant Republican stupidity, I'm reminded that stupidity is the most bipartisan attribute in all of America.

IMHO, it is a response to the stupidity of rhe republican strategy. It cannot go unchallenged. IMHO, that was Kerry's biggest mistake.

Mr. Peabody
06-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Maybe he loved America, but he just wasn't "in love" with America.

:lol

JoeChalupa
06-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Just goes to show you that we all say things that can be misinterpreted.

boutons_
06-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Just goes to show how inarticulate and unreflective McFlop is.

The fucker just isn't ready to open his mouth, and when he does, he makes shit up.

Whose gonna play the puppetmaster Edgar to McFlop's Charlie?

johnsmith
06-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Jesus fucking Christ politics are dumb.

Wild Cobra
06-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Different times, different situations.

McCain was 31 in 1967 and wasn't involved in politics than. He graduated from the Naval Academy at Annapolis in 1958 about 22. The Viet Nam was occured later and we have the abuses of blacks, with rampant predudice. By the time he was 31, we has a terrible Commander in Chief by the last name of Johnson. McCain had reasons to be bitter.

Obama was born in 1961. He never knew racism like McCain has seen. Now McCain may not have experienced it first hand, but did see it.

Now Michelle was born in 1964. She never seen the full extent of rascism either. Both were memebers of a church that preached hatred. Rather than praise how far we have come in America, Michelle was bitter most likely from the Church of Propaganda.

Something else to consider. The Obama's have been in politics for some time now. McCain wasn't at the age of 31.

Now I cannot state all the above as fact, but for Michelle not to be proud untill her hisband was nominated shows it was her lack of belief in this country that was bad. Not this country. Oh well, liberals are wrong about things all the time, so why is this a worthy thread?

Oh, Gee!!
06-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Obama was born in 1961. He never knew racism like McCain has seen. Now McCain may not have experienced it first hand, but did see it.

Now Michelle was born in 1964. She never seen the full extent of rascism either.

you really are a fucking idiot, aren't you? let me say that I don't mean that in a bad way, I'm just getting the full picture of how deep your stupidity goes.

PEP
06-20-2008, 07:03 PM

lol Carter, Mondale, Ducockis, Gore, Kerry; there's some intellectual powerhouses there for ya.

Wild Cobra
06-20-2008, 07:04 PM
you really are a fucking idiot, aren't you? let me say that I don't mean that in a bad way, I'm just getting the full picture of how deep your stupidity goes.

Do you even have a clue as the the extent rascism existed in the past?

101A
06-20-2008, 08:48 PM
lol Carter, Mondale, Ducockis, Gore, Kerry; there's some intellectual powerhouses there for ya.

Damn, that is one weak ass starting 5, ain't it?

boutons_
06-20-2008, 09:38 PM
WC is getting weirder and weirder, not even a smattering of pretense of rationality.

HUSSEIN! has been in politics longer than Old Sick Senile 95% McFlopPanderKeating?

McSongBird has been in govt service or politics his entire life. Big Badass Govt has been extremely good to him.

AFBlue
06-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Few people love this country enough to be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice in its defense. Even those that join the military may not have a true appreciation for what that means until they are put in harm's way.

Unfortunately, John McCain got to experience first hand what it means to put country and service before self. How anyone can make light of the six years he spent as a prisoner of war or even question his patriotism is beyond me.

But go ahead, take comments that he made about being carefree in his 20's and not appreciating his country and use them to form your opinion. I'm sure all of you had a profound understanding, respect and appreciation for your country and would be willing to do what he did at that age....right?

O-Factor
06-21-2008, 12:02 PM
He just can't seem to remember what he says.

http://www.americablog.com/2008/06/mccain-says-he-didnt-love-america.html

First off, let's make one thing clear. John McCain has repeatedly had his wife, Cindy, attack Michelle Obama because Mrs. Obama said that for the first time in her adult life she was really proud of her country. Mrs. McCain had the nerve to say that, unlike Mrs. Obama, she's ALWAYS been proud of her country. Now we find out that John McCain not only wasn't proud of his country as an adult, he didn't even love it while he was fighting for it. McCain made "love of country" relevant when he decided to use it to repeatedly attack Mrs. Obama (as recently as yesterday).

Yes, John McCain has repeatedly stated that he didn't love our country until he was captured as a POW during Vietnam. Here's what McCain said in March on FOX:

"I didn't really love America until I was deprived of her company."

Then there's McCain in 1999:

"It wasn't until I was deprived of her company that I fell in love with America."

McCain was 31 years old when he was captured. 31. Far into adulthood. So McCain was fighting for our country, a country he didn't love. And we're supposed to respect the military service of a man who didn't love his country. Then why was he fighting?

How is this any different from what Michelle Obama said? Mrs. Obama said that for the first time in her adult life she was really proud of our country. McCain said that he never loved our country before the age of 31. At least Mrs. Obama was proud of our country before, and she always loved our country. McCain not so much - let's face it, if John McCain didn't love America as an adult, he most certainly wasn't proud of her. And another thing. Michelle Obama is the candidate's WIFE. John McCain wants to be commander in chief of a country he didn't love.

But I suppose I'm just misinterpreting what he said. :rolleyes

:lmao. You get your news from a fucking blog????

JFK2???? Please. Go fuck yourself.

Wild Cobra
06-21-2008, 11:22 PM
HUSSEIN! has been in politics longer than Old Sick Senile 95% McFlopPanderKeating?

Really? McCain was elected in 1982 to the House of Representatives. Obama was still in college. He wasn't elected to a state position until 1996.

Anti.Hero
06-22-2008, 12:02 AM

hahahaa you're so pathetic.

Who have the dimdims produced?

I'd say at least 60% of Americans don't truly appreciate the country they live in. Like all things, you don't realize what you have lost until you LOSE IT.

JohnnyMarzetti
06-22-2008, 12:10 AM
:lmao. You get your news from a fucking blog????

JFK2???? Please. Go fuck yourself.

Doesn't change the fact that he said it fuckwad. STFU and do it LIVE!!!!

O-Factor
06-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Doesn't change the fact that he said it fuckwad. STFU and do it LIVE!!!!

Do you understand the concept of context? You don't do you. You are more into bashing McCain than taking what he said for the truth. Its completely different from what Michele said. If you can't see that, then you are dumber than dirt. Bloggers are just henchmen who twist and turn facts. But blogger posts are all you seem post and acknowledge for truth. Thats pretty sorry.

If it was such a big deal then why are real news outlets bashing him for it?

Again, go fuck yourself.

boutons_
06-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Really? McCain was elected in 1982 to the House of Representatives. Obama was still in college. He wasn't elected to a state position until 1996.

what the hell does this mean:

WC: "The Obama's have been in politics for some time now. McCain wasn't at the age of 31."

"politics for some time now", but not nearly as long as McSenile, who got into govt as soon as he could. He's the perfect example that the "best and brightest" don't go into government.

RandomGuy
06-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Now I cannot state all the above as fact, but for Michelle not to be proud untill her hisband was nominated shows it was her lack of belief in this country that was bad.

Don't you get tired of strawman attacks like this?

Distort, omit, attack.

I cannot state for a fact that you eat puppies for breakfast, but for you to not specifically deny it repeatedly in public really makes me wonder.

Give me a fucking break.

I believe that McCain loved his country before his statement, and that Michelle loved her country before hers, because that is simply the best, common sense explanation. To think otherwise, as you obviously do, is to be emblematic of what is truly rotten and dishonest in conservatism these days.

Wild Cobra
06-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Don't you get tired of strawman attacks like this?

Distort, omit, attack.

I'm still trying to understand how this is the first time she was proud of her country. That doesn't fit as a straw man argumnet. It is along the known facts.

I cannot state for a fact that you eat puppies for breakfast, but for you to not specifically deny it repeatedly in public really makes me wonder.

There you go, completely off subject. That is way different what I am saying. At least my statements and arguments pertain to the material.

Nbadan
06-24-2008, 12:10 AM
This explains alot...

When John McCain was my captive'
By Andrew Harding
BBC News in Haiphong, Vietnam

Tran Trong Duyet - a sprightly retiree and amateur ballroom dancer - must rank as one of John McCain's more unlikely supporters.

Four decades ago, during the Vietnam war, Mr Duyet was in charge of the notorious Hoa Lo prison - the place where Mr McCain says he was brutally beaten and tortured during five-and-a-half years as an American prisoner of war.

"McCain is my friend," said 75-year-old Mr Duyet as he feeds the caged birds he now keeps in his garden in this coastal city.

"If I was American, I would vote for him."

BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7459946.stm)

"I did not have torture relations with that man.. :lol

RandomGuy
06-25-2008, 09:04 AM
There you go, completely off subject. That is way different what I am saying. At least my statements and arguments pertain to the material.

That you can't see how the two statements are the same says volumes about your inability to be objective.

Extra Stout
06-25-2008, 09:07 AM
This explains alot...

When John McCain was my captive'
By Andrew Harding
BBC News in Haiphong, Vietnam

BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7459946.stm)

"I did not have torture relations with that man.. :lol

I think it's a really good idea for liberals to mock McCain's torture experience. The average voter probably will find that very appealing.