PDA

View Full Version : Toadies

MoSpur
06-20-2008, 01:48 PM
I use to love this band when I was walking the halls of McCollum High School (Home of the Cowboys) off of Formosa on the South part of town.

Anyway, I read they got back together and are touring and will be here tonight for a show. I haven't heard of them since that Rubberneck CD. Apparently, they recorded a new one and its called No Deliverance or something like that.

Just thought I'd share.

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Possum Kingdom.

BacktoBasics
06-20-2008, 02:16 PM
The lead singer's been down to Corpus a few times.

I believe a few members are part of a band that goes by a different name. I forgot the name though

Tyler is a top 10 all time favorite of mine.

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Yeah Toadies are bad ass. I got to go to their first reunion show a few years ago in Dallas. They enjoyed it so much they decided to get back together.

The lead singer, Vaden, is also in the band Burden Brothers but I'm not a big fan of theirs.

mardigan
06-20-2008, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=BacktoBasics;2614267]

I believe a few members are part of a band that goes by a different name. I forgot the name though

QUOTE]

Burden Brothers. They werent that good.
But their follow up to Rubberneck, Hell Below Stars Above had some jams on it. Glad they got back together.

BacktoBasics
06-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Burden Brothers yeah. I liked a few of the songs but I wasn't overly thrilled with work.

spyder
06-22-2008, 04:29 PM
Man that concert fuckin rocked..first time seeing them..I've always liked them since their first album, but never got to see them..they played a couple of songs off their new album..don't remember what they were called..i was already drunk by then..all in all that concert kicked ass..not bad for 25 bucks and a few beers

scott
06-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah, it was an awesome concert. They played every song off Rubberneck, Plane Crash, Push the Hand, Dollskin, Little Sin, Paper Dress, and 5 new ones that all sounded great. I've seen them probably close to 20 times, and this one was up there with the best of them. The new album is going to be kick ass.