PDA

View Full Version : maybe this is what's driving WC goofy: HUSSEIN! 51% - 36%

boutons_
06-20-2008, 09:44 PM
"Barack (http://www.newsweek.com/related.aspx?subject=Barack+Obama) finally has his bounce. For weeks many political experts and pollsters have been wondering why the race between Democrat Barack Obama and Republican John McCain (http://www.newsweek.com/related.aspx?subject=John+McCain) had stayed so tight, even after the Illinois senator wrested the nomination from Hillary Clinton (http://www.newsweek.com/related.aspx?subject=Hillary+Clinton). With numbers consistently showing rock-bottom approval ratings for President Bush and a large majority of Americans unhappy with the country's direction, the opposing-party candidate should, in the normal course, have attracted more disaffected voters. Now it looks as if Obama is doing just that. A new NEWSWEEK Poll (http://www.newsweek.com/id/142469) shows that he has a substantial double-digit lead, 51 percent to 36 percent, over McCain among registered voters nationwide."

http://www.newsweek.com/id/142465

=============

That should really open Repug donors' wallets! :lol

boutons_
06-20-2008, 10:27 PM
HUSSEIN! has a new logo, presumptive, but WTF

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/26944/thumbs/s-BARACK-OBAMA-SEAL-large.jpg

PEP
06-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Polls blows....how many Democrats vs Republicans were polled? I'm sure it was something like over 50% were democrats and 30% republicans.

How about this.

Democrat Barack Obama raised $22 million in May for his presidential campaign, his weakest fundraising month this year, and ended the month with $43 million cash on hand, the campaign reported Friday.

The May figures place Obama and McCain on nearly equal footing. McCain raised $21 million in May and reported $31.6 million cash on hand at month’s end.

In February, he raised $50 million. In March $40 million, and April $32 million. By the time May rolled around, he had to deal with his derogatory comments towards Midwestern voters, Jeremiah Wright, and the series of gaffes that had begun to plague him after the Pennsylvania debate in April.

balli
06-21-2008, 06:42 PM
how many Democrats vs Republicans were polled? I'm sure it was something like over 50% were democrats and 30% republicans.

You aren't a very smart man are you?

jochhejaam
06-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Rasmussen's showing zero bounce.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Saturday shows Barack Obama attracting 46% of the vote while John McCain earns 40%. When "leaners" are included, Obama leads 48% to 43%. This is the sixth straight day that Obama’s support has been at 48% <---zero bounce
Obama is viewed favorably by 55% and unfavorably by 42%. For McCain, the numbers are 54% favorable and 43% unfavorable.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

jochhejaam
06-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Seemed like the perfect thread for this article;

McCain in a landslide? Could be
Article published Saturday, June 21, 2008

SEN. Barack Obama has the lead for the time being. But three signposts point the way to a McCain landslide in November, in the unlikely event the Arizona senator has the wit to heed them.

What figures to be by far the most important issue this fall is the skyrocketing price of energy and its deleterious effect on the broader economy and national security.

Now that Sen. John McCain has flip-flopped on drilling off our coasts, there is a substantial difference between him and Mr. Obama on the issue. Mr. McCain also supports building more nuclear power plants, which Mr. Obama opposes.

Opinion polls indicate a large majority supports drilling for oil off our coasts and in Alaska. That majority is likely to expand and harden as gas prices rise this summer. But Mr. McCain can't fully capitalize politically on this change in public attitude unless he completes his flip-flop and consents to drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

Commentary magazine editor John Podhoretz fears Mr. McCain's ego will prevent him from doing what is in his, and his country's, interest: "So, McCain 2 makes a big speech about offshore drilling and the need for it. Fine. But the message is muted and confused. Why? Because McCain 1 voted against oil exploration and field development in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and McCain 2 doesn't want to look like a flip-flopper by changing his stand on the matter. ... In acting out of a combination of holier-than-thou piety and political pique, McCain 1 has made it all but impossible for McCain 2 to run with this issue and go on the offensive with Mr. Obama on a matter of central concern to the American people."

I fear Mr. Podhoretz is correct. But few Americans would hold flip-flopping against Mr. McCain, because they've flip-flopped, too. Soccer moms genuflected to environmental pieties when gasoline was $2 a gallon. But now that they have to sell their firstborn to fill up their SUVs, their attitude has changed dramatically.

If Mr. McCain were to fly to ANWR and announce his change of heart there, the attendant publicity would make it clear to Americans the sharp difference between himself and Mr. Obama on the issue most important to their pocketbooks. He supports letting Floridians and Californians decide whether there should be drilling off their coasts. Why shouldn't the same principle apply to Alaskans? A large majority favors drilling in ANWR.

The second signpost is Mr. Obama's clumsy embrace of a Sept. 10 attitude toward the war on terror. The law enforcement approach toward fighting it is precisely what led to 9/11. Fortunately, national security is the one issue Mr. McCain knows something about. The danger for him here is that he'll overemphasize it. The fact that we're winning the war on terror makes most Americans less interested in it, and more focused on economic concerns. Voter anxiety about Mr. Obama's fitness to be commander-in-chief is a strong subsidiary issue. But this election will be won or lost at the pump.

The third signpost was illuminated by the flap over the receipt by the now former head of Mr. Obama's vice presidential selection committee and two prominent U.S. senators of below-market-rate loans from Countrywide Finance, which Mr. Obama has charged is in large part responsible for the subprime mortgage crisis. One of those senators, Chris Dodd of Connecticut, is trying to push through Congress a bill that would, in effect, bail out Countrywide.

This glaring conflict of interest hasn't attracted much attention from the news media because for most journalists, a scandal isn't really a scandal unless Republicans are involved. But it's a tailor-made issue for Mr. McCain.

The signposts also indicate who Mr. McCain should choose for his running mate. No Republican can better make the case for drilling than Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, and no governor has fought harder against corruption, especially in her own party.

So go to ANWR, Mr. McCain. Embrace Sarah Palin there. You'll have to eat some crow. But crow doesn't taste so bad if it's served on the White House china.

Jack Kelly is a columnist for The Blade and the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080621/OPINION04/806210326

Anti.Hero
06-21-2008, 08:27 PM
lulz.

polls.

boutons_
06-21-2008, 08:53 PM
Voting against Old Sick Senile 95% McFlopPanderKeating as dubya II is really voting against the extremely disastrous and unpopular dubya.

Getting beat to hell at the polls by the American people is a hard job, but somebody had to do it. We know how hard dubya worked for all us these past 7 years.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-21-2008, 10:40 PM
"The 9/10 attitude" is such a hackneyed republican tactic, if all of you nutless gutless neocons are so dense that you fall for this rhetoric again, may god have mercy on your black souls.

It's when Obama does shit like this that makes me thing he is a pawn put in place to blatantly lose this election.

If you take away his blackness, on paper, he has an easy road to the white house.

Bad economy? Housing Scandals? Mention Keating, Keating, Keating.

Bad war? Mention his intention to continue it.

Obama needs to ramp up his campaign soon or the little insignificants are going to damage him too early and he will have to to keep recovering, instead of just making headway.

Wild Cobra
06-21-2008, 11:34 PM
The title once agains just how DUMB boutons is.

How many times have I said I would rather Obama (or Hillary) win over McCain?

Anyone?

Have I ever advocated a republican win over a democrat one since McCain was the nominee?

Anyone?

boutons_
06-22-2008, 10:00 AM
WC, I wasn't referring to your Presidential preferences, but just how fucking goofy and robotic talking-point stupid your recent posts have been.

But I'm sure you're thrilled that the next president, (if the corps, capitalists, and/or bubbas don't assassinate him), will be a Muslim, black, unpatriotic, no-lapel-pin, and married to a bitter, black, terrorist-fist-bumping Baby Mama (the right wing slime machine is spreading rumors that HUSSEIN's kids are also black Little Sambos).

jochhejaam
06-22-2008, 11:20 AM
(the right wing is spreading rumor that Obamba's kids are also black).

Link?

Extra Stout
06-22-2008, 01:10 PM
(the right wing is spreading rumor that Obamba's kids are also black).

Link?

:lmao

ElNono
06-22-2008, 01:29 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see McCain winning at all. I always tought the Dems have been nominating the worst candidates out there, since Kerry.
As much as Dems think voter turnout is going to be big with a color candidate, Reps always have better turnout in general, and you'll see extra motivation considering that whether you like it or not, racial bias are going to be a factor.
That said, IMO, what's going to make or break McCain's election is how much he can differentiate himself from dubya.

PixelPusher
06-22-2008, 01:35 PM
:lmao

A push-poller from South Carolina called and told me the same thing...and it turned out to be TRUE!

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2008/02/obama-barack-michelle-kids-girls-family.jpg

TDMVPDPOY
06-22-2008, 01:51 PM
with the funding and stuff

it doesnt fukn cost much to rent a hall and talk right?

so wtf is he doin with the rest of the millions?

boutons_
06-22-2008, 02:16 PM
"Reps always have better turnout in general"

all reports from Repug mucky mucks is that they really can't see how McSenile can win, and the donors aren't showing up, either. Did you happen to notice the total voters who showed up in Dem vs Repug primaries? The Dems are motivated, the Repugs hold their nose about McSenile.

"how much he can differentiate himself from dubya."

In truth, Mc95% can't differentiate at all, esp on the killer issue of Iraq.

But Mc95% can, and will, tell all kinds campaign-only lies in an attempt do differentiate.

Clandestino
06-22-2008, 03:51 PM
there was no reason for me to go out and vote in the primary. i wanted mccain and he was going to win, so i sat back. i was out making money. i will vote in the presidential election(where it counts) though.

Clandestino
06-22-2008, 03:52 PM
boutons, will you stop posting for a year if mccain wins?

boutons_
06-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Clanny, hell no. Too much fun here bitch-slapping you pro-war/anti-enlist slime-bots.

jochhejaam
06-22-2008, 05:06 PM
all reports from Repug mucky mucks is that they really can't see how McSenile can win, and the donors aren't showing up, either.

Huh?

McCain sneaks up on Obama in money race
Republican brought in just $400,000 less than White House rival in May
MSNBC News Services
updated 6:55 a.m. ET, Sat., June. 21, 2008
WASHINGTON - John McCain raised almost as much money as Barack Obama in May, placing him virtually on the same financial footing as his Democratic rival — a level of parity that would have been unimaginable just a few months ago.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25296564/

edit: In addition to that, Obama has asked his supporters to help bail out Hillary's 22.5 million campaign debt; that means less for Obama.

As it turns out, that rosy Obama financial picture painted by bouts, doesn't exist.

Clandestino
06-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Clanny, hell no. Too much fun here bitch-slapping you pro-war/anti-enlist slime-bots.

the first time you bitch slap any pro=war/anti-elitist slime bot i will stop posting for one year!

PEP
06-22-2008, 08:15 PM
You aren't a very smart man are you?

How bout this, 50% democrats, 30% republicans and 20% indies. Do you understand that one?

possessed
06-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Two words...

Electoral college. :shootme

GuerillaBlack
06-23-2008, 01:53 AM
How bout this, 50% democrats, 30% republicans and 20% indies. Do you understand that one?

Polling is done at random by these pollsters. It isn't like they went out and got "x" amount of Democrats, and "x" amount of Republicans on purpose.

PEP
06-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Polling is done at random by these pollsters. It isn't like they went out and got "x" amount of Democrats, and "x" amount of Republicans on purpose.

There were about 384 democrats, 293 republicans, and 307 indies polled.

PixelPusher
06-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Which would make their random sample representative of party identification of Americans as a whole.

http://pewresearch.org/assets/publications/773-2.gif

Wild Cobra
06-23-2008, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see McCain winning at all. I always tought the Dems have been nominating the worst candidates out there, since Kerry.
As much as Dems think voter turnout is going to be big with a color candidate, Reps always have better turnout in general, and you'll see extra motivation considering that whether you like it or not, racial bias are going to be a factor.
That said, IMO, what's going to make or break McCain's election is how much he can differentiate himself from dubya.

I would like to think the voter turnout will be better, but not to elect Obama. My fear is that the democrats will gain a super majority in the house and senate.

Wild Cobra
06-23-2008, 06:39 PM
boutons, will you stop posting for a year if mccain wins?
You did it.

Congratulations.

You gave me a reason to vote for McCain.

GuerillaBlack
06-23-2008, 09:44 PM

Yes, and it was at random, not on purpose. There are more Democrats than Republicans in America, and more Independents than Republicans, too.

The poll isn't really flawed like you want it to be.

jochhejaam
06-24-2008, 07:03 AM

Had a new logo;

Obama campaign drops seal on podium
WASHINGTON (Map, News) - After days of media mockery, Barack Obama has decided to stop using a presidential-looking seal that his campaign designed and affixed to his podium on Friday.

Journalists said the seal, which features an eagle clutching arrows and an olive branch, smacks of arrogance. John McCain's camp had a field day, calling the seal “laughable, ridiculous, preposterous and revealing - all at the same time.”

The seal was conspicuously missing from Obama's lectern when he spoke to a group of women in Albuquerque on Monday. Not surprising, given how much grief Obama took from a normally laudatory press corps after unveiling the seal at an appearance in Chicago on Friday.

“What a bizarre and dumb idea,” railed NBC political director Chuck Todd. “It really feeds the arrogance narrative.”

The oversized blue seal was emblazoned with the Latin phrase “Vero Possumus,” which roughly translates into “yes, we can.” It also featured a plug for the candidate's website.

“The Audacity of Hype,” cracked ABC's Jake Tapper. “No word on whether they played a remix of 'Hail to the Chief' as Obama walked in.” :lol

Andrew Malcolm of the Los Angeles Times observed that Obama “has decided not to wait for any of the formalities like a presidential election, an inauguration or even a nomination, which he still hasn't actually officially won yet.”

Marc Ambinder of the Atlantic magazine was the first to note that Obama would deep-six the seal.

“I'm told that Obama recognizes that it was a silly mistake,” Ambinder said. “Does the press think Obama is arrogant? Yes.”

Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia's Center for Politics, said the episode reinforces this media perception of Obama.

“The press corps adopts a subtext for each candidate,” Sabato told The Examiner. “Daddy Bush was 'a nice guy but out of touch.' Bill Clinton was 'smart but randy.' Bob Dole was 'heroic but too old.' Gore was 'brilliant but a fibber and a bore.' Dubya was 'pleasant but dumb.'”

He added: “Obama's subtext is rapidly becoming 'charismatic but arrogant.'”

The Obama campaign declined to comment.

http://www.examiner.com/a-1455131~Obama_campaign_drops_seal_on_podium.html

Information has leaked out that Obama is pushing to have his picture replace that of U.S. Grant on the fitty dollar bill. developing...

http://www.Imanarrogantazz/charlatan.b3.html/uploads50%

ElNono
06-24-2008, 07:33 AM
Had a new logo;

WASHINGTON (Map, News) - After days of media mockery, Barack Obama has decided to stop using a presidential-looking seal that his campaign designed and affixed to his podium on Friday.

Journalists said the seal, which features an eagle clutching arrows and an olive branch, smacks of arrogance. John McCain's camp had a field day, calling the seal “laughable, ridiculous, preposterous and revealing - all at the same time.”

The seal was conspicuously missing from Obama's lectern when he spoke to a group of women in Albuquerque on Monday. Not surprising, given how much grief Obama took from a normally laudatory press corps after unveiling the seal at an appearance in Chicago on Friday.

“What a bizarre and dumb idea,” railed NBC political director Chuck Todd. “It really feeds the arrogance narrative.”

The oversized blue seal was emblazoned with the Latin phrase “Vero Possumus,” which roughly translates into “yes, we can.” It also featured a plug for the candidate's website.

“The Audacity of Hype,” cracked ABC's Jake Tapper. “No word on whether they played a remix of 'Hail to the Chief' as Obama walked in.” :lol

Andrew Malcolm of the Los Angeles Times observed that Obama “has decided not to wait for any of the formalities like a presidential election, an inauguration or even a nomination, which he still hasn't actually officially won yet.”

Marc Ambinder of the Atlantic magazine was the first to note that Obama would deep-six the seal.

“I'm told that Obama recognizes that it was a silly mistake,” Ambinder said. “Does the press think Obama is arrogant? Yes.”

Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia's Center for Politics, said the episode reinforces this media perception of Obama.

“The press corps adopts a subtext for each candidate,” Sabato told The Examiner. “Daddy Bush was 'a nice guy but out of touch.' Bill Clinton was 'smart but randy.' Bob Dole was 'heroic but too old.' Gore was 'brilliant but a fibber and a bore.' Dubya was 'pleasant but dumb.'”

Information has leaked out that Obama is pushing to have his picture replace that of U.S. Grant on the fitty dollar bill. developing...

Somebody needs to photoshop a big ass shiny gold plated Mercedes Benz logo over that one. Just representin' homie...

PEP
06-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Yes, and it was at random, not on purpose. There are more Democrats than Republicans in America, and more Independents than Republicans, too.

The poll isn't really flawed like you want it to be.

If you poll more democrats/indies how do you think the poll is going to lean?

That 15% if true isnt going to hold up, there hasnt been an election with that margin of victory since Reagan.

xrayzebra
06-24-2008, 09:15 AM
I would like to think the voter turnout will be better, but not to elect Obama. My fear is that the democrats will gain a super majority in the house and senate.

I have to wonder. He now is making all these noises about competing in all 50 states, doesn't make sense. His campaign pushing this makes me think that maybe their internals are showing he doesn't have the support in the big Democratic states that everyone is reporting. Hence, his campaign backing out of their promise to take public money, and all the strings attached. And
Obama bringing out the race card so soon. Is he trying for the sympathy vote and trying to solidfy the black vote. I saw a headline in the paper this morning, didn't read the article, something about they had "found" all these black voters....strange. I find it hard to believe any had been lost. As many on here know the public polls may show a whole lot different picture than the internals do.

PixelPusher
06-24-2008, 09:50 AM
Had a new logo;

http://static.crooksandliars.com/2008/06/nrsclogos.png

IOKIYAR

Extra Stout
06-24-2008, 09:51 AM
I think a poll showing Obama with a 15 point lead, while other polls show him with a 4 or 5 point lead, is called an "outlier."

ElNono
06-24-2008, 09:52 AM
I have to wonder. He now is making all these noises about competing in all 50 states, doesn't make sense. His campaign pushing this makes me think that maybe their internals are showing he doesn't have the support in the big Democratic states that everyone is reporting. Hence, his campaign backing out of their promise to take public money, and all the strings attached. And
Obama bringing out the race card so soon. Is he trying for the sympathy vote and trying to solidfy the black vote. I saw a headline in the paper this morning, didn't read the article, something about they had "found" all these black voters....strange. I find it hard to believe any had been lost. As many on here know the public polls may show a whole lot different picture than the internals do.

I think he needs a token white guy for vice-president. If he goes with Hillary, I think it's McCain election to lose. Now, McCain needs to start running furiously away from dubya, and SOON.
Candidate-wise, this is probably one of the worst elections I can remember.

boutons_
06-24-2008, 11:14 AM
New poll suggests Obama can beat McCain in Florida

By Beth Reinhard | McClatchy Newspapers

MIAMI — In a sign that Democrat Barack Obama will be competitive in Florida, the nation's largest swing state, a new poll shows that Obama is leading Republican John McCain comfortably in South Florida and has a slight edge among Hispanics.

The poll for The Miami Herald shows Obama preferred by a 46-30 percent margin over McCain in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties, Florida's most populous area. South Florida traditionally votes Democratic, but the size of the margin often dictates whether the Democrat wins in a statewide contest.

"Obama's 16-point lead in South Florida could springboard him to make it a competitive race statewide," said pollster John Zogby, whose Zogby International conducted he poll of 807 people. The poll has a margin of error of 3.5 percent.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/104/story/41976.html

SRJ
06-24-2008, 09:32 PM
I demand the OP formally apologize and retract his brazen use of Barack Obama's middle name in the thread title. It's uncalled for, and all Americans should be outraged.

ElNono
06-24-2008, 10:05 PM
why, because this is the first time in 26 years a bush or clinton isn't on the ballot?

Well, Hillary still has a shot. My reasoning, as far as the democrats is concerned, is that not only both Hillary and Obama have to deal with the burden of campaigning and beating McCain, but also have the burden to convince skeptics that a woman and/or a color guy can be president of this nation.
The problem with McCain is that one day he looks like he's different from Bush, and the next he doesn't. Too many mixed signals. Most of the Republicans I know will probably end up voting for him, but they're not necessarily happy or onthe same page with the guy.

jochhejaam
06-25-2008, 06:48 AM
Obama is leading McCain among Black voters by a razor thin 93% to 3%.

The good news here for the McCain camp is that barring McCain have a senior moment and going into an impromptu rendition of Al Jolson's "My Mammy", the 3% appears to be rock solid.

Notable: A whopping 72% of Black men favoring McCain share the first name of Tom.

bobbybob0
06-25-2008, 08:19 AM
If you poll more democrats/indies how do you think the poll is going to lean?

That 15% if true isnt going to hold up, there hasnt been an election with that margin of victory since Reagan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_poll#Sample_and_pooling_methods
Please, read.

Wild Cobra
06-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Obama is leading McCain among Black voters by a razor thin 93% to 3%.

The good news here for the McCain camp is that barring McCain have a senior moment and going into an impromptu rendition of Al Jolson's "My Mammy", the 3% appears to be rock solid.

Notable: A whopping 72% of Black men favoring McCain share the first name of Tom.

This could be used as an argument showing how racist blacks are.

ElNono
06-25-2008, 07:09 PM
This could be used as an argument showing how racist blacks are.

It could. But white people crying foul over racism? :lol
Media would have a field day

ChumpDumper
06-25-2008, 07:14 PM
Whitey is oppressed.

jochhejaam
06-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Obama's, who had a 15% point lead over McCain just 5 days ago, is now in a dead with him! Bouts?

Gallup Daily: PRINCETON, NJ -- The latest Gallup Poll Daily tracking update on the presidential election finds John McCain and Barack Obama exactly tied at 45% among registered voters nationwide.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/108376/Gallup-Daily-Obama-McCain-Tied-45.aspx

Is the Silver Tongue becoming a bit tarnished?

ChumpDumper
06-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Nah, the Gallup poll wasn't that far off from last week.

jochhejaam
06-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Nah, the Gallup poll wasn't that far off from last week.

Right, the Gallup Poll never showed anything near a 15% disparity, the 15% drop in support was in comparing Gallup to Newsweek, and was posted to burst the bouton's Obama-runaway bubble.

boutons_
06-25-2008, 11:37 PM
The Story of the Race So Far -- the Surprising Weakness of John McCain

First Newsweek (http://www.newsweek.com/id/142465) showed Obama up 51-36. Now LATimes/Bloomberg (http://bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=agCTbSDJ83rc&refer=home) has it 48-33. The two daily tracks Rasmussen and Gallup still have it 4-6 points.

So where are we?

I believe deeply that the race for president wants to be a 10 point Obama victory. The underlining structure of the 2008 campaign has Democrats with 10 plus point advantages in all the major measures -- party ID, congressional and presidential generic ballot test.

In 2006, the national vote for Congress broke about 53-46, and Tom Davis, the savvy GOP Congressman, says the environment is much worse this year. Democrats are showing incredible intensity, and have created a new model of politics that will allow them to involve millions of partisans to help the campaign as never before. As I wrote (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/node/2435) recently, Democratic leaning groups -- women, African-Americans, Hispanics and Millennials -- turned out in very high numbers in the Democratic primaries, offering what might be a very different electorate in 2008.

McCain is by any historic measure, a weak and bumbling candidate, ill-suited for a presidential race, and is still struggling to bring his party together -- a party which has never liked him very much anyway.

The polling has been remarkably consistent in one regard. In almost every poll, Obama is in the high 40s, which would lead one to believe this is actually where he is now. What is changing is McCain's number, which is moving around in a range from the low 40s to mid-30s. 42, 42, 38, 36 and now 33.

The conclusion -- Obama is definitively ahead of John McCain at this point. Obama has unified his party and overcome problems he had with groups in the primary. He is already ahead in polls in enough states, including CO, FL, MI, NM and PA to see his path to electoral college victory. All rather remarkable for this bi-racial candidate with a funny name who few had heard of even a year ago.

McCain, on the other hand, is clearly struggling to get even into the low 40s on a consistent basis. He is having a hard time bringing his party together, and his electoral college map looks problematic now. Even if Obama wins by 4-5 points, it is by presidential standards a landslide. Bush never won by that amount in either of his races. These new double digit polls also show that it is possible for this race to end up where it wants to be - which is Obama winning by 10 or more. Even the ambition of the Obama buy (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/node/2471) this week is as much about McCain's weakness as it about Obama's strength.

I always assumed that this race would be close until October and then would break open for Obama with him winning by 5-10 points. But the fact that we are seeing this degree of McCain weakness this early is surprising to me, and it is this weakness that is the story of the presidential race so far.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/simon-rosenberg/the-story-of-the-race-so_b_109255.html

=======

It's still very early, but assassination is the only way for McFlopPander to beat HUSSEIN!

Fear-mongering and distancing from dubya won't work. The Repug mucky-mucks know they are fucked in 2008.

Old Sick Senile 95% McFlopPanderKeating has been talking about WWIII and the need for the draft. Just when you thought he couldn't get any dumber, he goes and does dumberer. Highly entertaning, this joker.

jochhejaam
06-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Fear-mongering and distancing from dubya won't work. The Repug mucky-mucks know they are screwed in 2008.
Just like they were in 2000 and 2004. The problem is in the Dems propensity for nominating weak candidates.

Scary thought, huh?

ChumpDumper
06-26-2008, 03:07 AM
Right, the Gallup Poll never showed anything near a 15% disparity, the 15% drop in support was in comparing Gallup to Newsweek, and was posted to burst the bouton's Obama-runaway bubble.So it was a deliberate misdirection on your part.

Understood.

jochhejaam
06-26-2008, 06:08 AM
So it was a deliberate misdirection on your part.

Understood.

I admitted as much...and with that in mind, it still took you 3hrs and 13 mins to come to that conclusion?
You sleuth. :lol

Notwithstanding, the 15% difference in the 2 polls is undeniable.

ChumpDumper
06-26-2008, 09:06 AM
I admitted as much...and with that in mind, it still took you 3hrs and 13 mins to come to that conclusion?
You sleuth. :lolYou think I read that right after you posted it?

You sleuth.

Notwithstanding, the 15% difference in the 2 polls is undeniable.It's undeniable your panties are in a bunch about it.

clambake
06-26-2008, 10:03 AM
stop worrying about percentage of republicans polled.

you have to include the "too ashamed to admit i'm a republican" factor.

jochhejaam
07-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Got tired of waiting for boutons to post the latest Newsweek poll...

Glow Fading?
The latest NEWSWEEK Poll shows Barack Obama leading John McCain by only 3 points. What a difference a few weeks can make.

A month after emerging victorious from the bruising Democratic nominating contest, some of Barack Obama's glow may be fading. In the latest NEWSWEEK Poll, the Illinois senator leads Republican nominee John McCain by just 3 percentage points, 44 percent to 41 percent. The statistical dead heat is a marked change from last month's NEWSWEEK Poll, where Obama led McCain by 15 points, 51 percent to 36 percent.

Obama's rapid drop comes at a strategically challenging moment for the Democratic candidate. Having vanquished Hillary Clinton in early June, Obama quickly went about repositioning himself for a general-election audience--an unpleasant task for any nominee emerging from the pander-heavy primary contests and particularly for a candidate who'd slogged through a vigorous primary challenge in most every contest from January until June. Obama's reversal on FISA legislation, his support of faith-based initiatives and his decision to opt out of the campaign public-financing system left him open to charges he was a flip-flopper. In the new poll, 53 percent of voters (and 50 percent of former Hillary Clinton supporters) believe that Obama has changed his position on key issues in order to gain political advantage.

More seriously, some Obama supporters worry that the spectacle of their candidate eagerly embracing his old rival, Hillary Clinton, and traveling the country courting big donors at lavish fund-raisers, may have done lasting damage to his image as an arbiter of a new kind of politics. This is a major concern since Obama's outsider credentials, have, in the past, played a large part in his appeal to moderate, swing voters. In the new poll, McCain leads Obama among independents 41 percent to 34 percent, with 25 percent favoring neither candidate. In June's NEWSWEEK Poll, Obama bested McCain among independent voters, 48 percent to 36 percent.

Obama's overall decline from the last NEWSWEEK Poll, published June 20, is hard to explain. Many critics questioned whether the Democrat's advantage over McCain was actually as great as the poll suggested, even though a survey taken during a similar time frame by the Los Angeles Times and Bloomberg showed a similarly large margin. Princeton Survey Research Associates, which conducted the poll for NEWSWEEK, says some of the discrepancy between the two most recent polls may be explained by sampling error.

At the time of the last poll, pundits also noted that a large lead in the polls doesn't always guarantee a general-election victory. Many warned that Democrat Michael Dukakis led George H.W. Bush by as much as 16 points in some 1988 polls and then went on to lose that year's presidential contest.

But perhaps most puzzling is how McCain could have gained traction in the past month. To date, direct engagement with Obama has not seemed to favor the GOP nominee. McCain has announced major initiatives on energy and the economy but failed to dominate the conversation on those issues. Last week's shake-up of the campaign's senior management did little to halt calls from Republicans for a major overhaul in McCain's message. Nor did it quell the lingering suspicion among Republicans that 2008 is simply destined to be a Democratic year. (Only 28 percent of voters in the new NEWSWEEK Poll approve of the job George W. Bush is doing as president.) McCain's biography still appears to be his greatest asset, with 55 percent of voters saying they have a favorable opinion of the Arizona senator, compared to 32 percent who have an unfavorable opinion. (Obama's favorable/unfavorable gap is virtually identical at 56 to 32.)

http://www.newsweek.com/id/145737

ChumpDumper
07-13-2008, 08:16 PM
So now we are to believe polls.

Nbadan
07-14-2008, 12:28 AM
I agree, it's way to early to make anything out of polls, but I will say that the Newsweak poll polled a equal number of Democrats and Republicans even though we know that there has been a political shift toward a 60-40 Democratic lead in the last 8 years...