06-21-2008, 02:51 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/dermarr_johnson_250_071229.jpg

DerMarr Johnson aka "Boss Slim" | G/F
Born: May 5, 1980
Height: 6-9 / 2,06
Weight: 210 lbs. / 95,3 kg.
College: Cincinnati
Years Pro: 6

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/dermarr_johnson/index.html?nav=page)
Boss Slim (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=147876111)

He probably won't be back. Then again, earlier this year, Pop personally recruited Stoudamire, who's had numerous weed-related legal infractions.

Johnson has had a troubled career. But he does offer size and shooting ability in the swingman rotation. 28 years old. Personally I think he should get a shot in the summerleagues. Frankly, the Spurs probably aren't going to see that many 6'9" swingmen who can shoot the 3 available this offseason. But I can certainly understand the reluctance to give him another chance.

genomefreak13
06-21-2008, 02:54 AM
We could have used him in the playoffs instead of Manu. Unfortunately , it was too late for manu to admit that he can't play.

We really could have used his jumpshot and three's

bigdog
06-21-2008, 03:25 AM
After the arrest I'm not sure they'd bring him back, but hell, I think he is better than some of the guys out there.

I say they bring him in for summer leagues to earn a spot in training camp. This guy can shoot, and I think he deserves a chance. Not to mention he's 6'9" and if he can work on his defense with his length, he could be a solid player.

intlspurshk
06-21-2008, 04:37 AM
Pls don't resign Finley for 5million. I would rather sign this gut for 2 million

SenorSpur
06-21-2008, 07:38 AM
Despite the arrest, I'd hope the Spurs do bring him back for another look, instead of Finley. He's been in the system long enough to where he should be ready to earn some rotation minutes.

spurs50_
06-21-2008, 07:40 AM
johnson can shoot? that's news to me and yet we still had finley out there? maybe he was too young since he's still in his 20's.

TDMVPDPOY
06-21-2008, 08:47 AM
anything under 2m a season is a good deal to me....

exstatic
06-21-2008, 09:37 AM
I wouldn't be averse to bringing him back unless you're going after JR Smith. I think those two would form their own clique, and this team doesn't want cliques.

He's not that good a shooter (33.6 3G% career) and really does almost nothing else.

Sway
06-21-2008, 10:43 AM
The Spurs should give this guy a shot if he can play because there aren’t too many 6’9” swingman out there. It would also send the message to other players that the Spurs don’t drop players at the first sign of adversity.

SPURSGOAT
06-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Could be one of our swing men right here... but I bet the Spurs let him go... yea could have really used him in the playoffs...

bigdog
06-21-2008, 02:07 PM
I have a feeling that they'll keep him at least through training camp.
They had the guts to sign him twice in the season, so they obviously like something about him.

He's long, athletic, and can shoot. He just hasn't really had the opportunity to play on one team for longer than a couple of years. In my mind, he's better than a few of the guys out there, and is more affordable than a chucker like JR Smith.

Let's keep this guy.

The Truth #6
06-21-2008, 03:10 PM
I don't see how he could have done anything in the playoffs. As much as I want to see Finley retire, I can't say that DeMarr would be much better. I think DeMarr is a proven commodity at this point, he's just not a very valuable one.

Marcus Bryant
06-21-2008, 03:47 PM
The idea with Johnson is that he could perhaps give you around 12 to 15 minutes a night in the swingman rotation during the regular season. Depending on how free agency shakes out the Spurs may need a 5th swingman who can give them minutes to help keep Ginobili and Bowen's minutes down.

SenorSpur
06-21-2008, 07:17 PM
The idea with Johnson is that he could perhaps give you around 12 to 15 minutes a night in the swingman rotation during the regular season. Depending on how free agency shakes out the Spurs may need a 5th swingman who can give them minutes to help keep Ginobili and Bowen's minutes down.

Even if the Spurs find a swingman via FA, yet fail to get one in the draft, Johnson could be a good fallback option.

bigdog
06-21-2008, 08:49 PM

Exactly. I can see him giving us a solid 15 minutes per game, maybe 8-10 ppg.

He won't be a star but I think he can be solid.