PDA

View Full Version : Hookah Bar

remingtonbo2001
06-21-2008, 03:42 AM
I went with co-workers to a local Hookah Bar off Babcock and Eckert.

I found it to be the biggest waste of $10.00.

What's with the sudden popularity?

curtismedellin
06-21-2008, 04:13 AM
Of course, it was a $10 hooker.

Typhoon
06-21-2008, 04:25 AM
Went to a hookah bar before, so fucking gay...waste of money.

curtismedellin
06-21-2008, 04:36 AM
of course it was a $10....nevermind.

1Parker1
06-21-2008, 09:17 AM
:lol Wow, the Hookah Bars in SA must be cheap! I went last year with a bunch of friends to one here in Center City Philly and I dropped $25!

Oh and I agree, it's really dumb.

1Parker1
06-21-2008, 09:17 AM
And I hated the smell of the place.

mrsmaalox
06-21-2008, 10:44 AM
And I hated the smell of the place.

gave me a headache.

cornbread
06-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Can you alteast get some booze there?

Das Texan
06-21-2008, 11:05 AM
i havent smoked any hookah in a couple of months.

I need to dust if off again.

balli
06-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Two out of the three in Salt Lake are pretty lame. The third one's the shit. It's just mellow as fuck and is basically just a bunch of couches and bean bags each with their own Hookah, TV and X-Box. They're chill about letting you smoke weed and it's basically just a big stoner fest. It's pretty damn cool. The two centered around drinking? Not so much.

The only I don't like about it are Hookahs themselves. Tobacco's gross; makes me feel like shit.

remingtonbo2001
06-21-2008, 11:59 AM
The only I don't like about it are Hookahs themselves. Tobacco's gross; makes me feel like shit.

Tabacco's overrated.

Since we're on the subject of smoking, I have a question for you ballijuana.

Why do you smoke weed? Why not use it as an ingredient?

Either way you crack it, smoking isn't healthy. However, if marijuana is ingested, it present no known health issues.

Actually, there are many benefits to marijuana, when used in a proper manner.

I don't use pot anymore, mainly because it's mind altering effects. However, I do take Hemp Seed Oil on a regular basis.

peewee's lovechild
06-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Tabacco's overrated.

Either way you crack it, smoking isn't healthy. However, if marijuana is ingested, it present no known health issues.

I don't use pot anymore, mainly because it's mind altering effects. However, I do take Hemp Seed Oil on a regular basis.

Angel's gone "bad boy" on us??

I would've thought you to be an alter boy.

DannyT
06-21-2008, 12:20 PM
you aint been to a hokah bar till you been to Baghdad...them boys do it up real nice out there. With the cherry flavored tobacco and woman they do it big man. So nonetheless I had to get me one and bring it home, seriously who can pass up a four hitter from Iraq...but yes I agree then joints here blow and not literally

ABDENOUR POWER
06-21-2008, 12:51 PM
My friends and I go to a hookah lounge all the time. Its the most laid back place I know, you all just hang out, listen to music, hit up the hookah, watch a game, talk, whatever. Its a good time. And the place I go is 4 bucks a person, not 10 or 25.

balli
06-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Tabacco's overrated.

I agree totally and I worry big time about the effects of smoking on the ol' pulmonary/repiratory system. The problem is this- to make brownies, etc you need a more substantial amount of marijuana to get you high. The delivery system through the lungs is so much faster and more efficient than through the digestive tract. Like, .2 grams in a bong snap will do the job, but that amount in one brownie won't do shit.

Now, I don't mind eating mediocre weed, but I sure as fuck mind smoking it, so arguably I could make baked goods out of shitty weed. The problem is that in SLC we don't have shitty weed. I couldn't get anything but chronic if I wanted to unless I found a mexican hook over on the westside, which I wouldn't really know how to do; I just don't have those connections. And I'm not about to spend $240-$260 on an ounce of chronic just to make one batch of brownies that might get me really, really stoned ten times, as opposed to smoking that ounce which I could stretch into a month or so of bong snaps multiple times daily.

Ideally if I could afford to eat it and still get high a lot I would, but for now it's a real catch 22. I figure at some point though, I'll grow up and start smoking way less and that's what I'm counting on to save my health more than anything. And actually, even though I smoke every day, compared to a couple years back I now smoke a lot less. Pretty much when I wake up and at night and that's about it.

That's badass you take hemp seed oil even though you don't smoke. I take fish oil for my omegas, but I should switch over. I think I just need Costco to start selling hemp oil. It's such an amazing plant. Obviously you have your reasons for not wanting to be inebriated by it, but man, I'm just constantly amazed at how beneficial the marijuana/hemp plant is in ways other than mind alteration. I mean, sometimes I wonder why growing and using vast quantities of the stuff isn't America's number 1 cultural and industrial priority. There's not another drought resistant crop out there that you can grow so much of per acre that has the wide range of benefits that the hemp plant does. It could save the world, IMO.

So you ever get high every so often, or are you just done? I know a lot of people who have mostly given it up and they seem to enjoy sobriety a lot, (I can see why, the shit gets old sometimes) but I'm just not there yet. :smokin

ShoogarBear
06-21-2008, 01:17 PM
:lol Wow, the Hookah Bars in SA must be cheap! I went last year with a bunch of friends to one here in Center City Philly and I dropped $25!

Oh and I agree, it's really dumb.

This changes my image of you.

exstatic
06-21-2008, 01:21 PM
That's badass you take hemp seed oil even though you don't smoke. I take fish oil for my omegas, but I should switch over. I think I just need Costco to start selling hemp oil. It's such an amazing plant. Obviously you have your reasons for not wanting to be inebriated by it, but man, I'm just constantly amazed at how beneficial the marijuana/hemp plant is in ways other than mind alteration. I mean, sometimes I wonder why growing and using vast quantities of the stuff isn't America's number 1 cultural and industrial priority. There's not another drought resistant crop out there that you can grow so much of per acre that has the wide range of benefits that the hemp plant does. It could save the world, IMO.

Three words: William Randolph Hearst. His media empire was vertically integrated to the point where he owned his own pulp paper mills. The problem with hemp is that it would have made those obsolete. Hemp was TOO good, so he had them outlaw it and it's cousin Mary Jane at the same time to save us all from ourselves.

E20
06-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Never been to one. I don't know why they are popular now.

mrsmaalox
06-21-2008, 01:47 PM
I agree totally and I worry big time about the effects of smoking on the ol' pulmonary/repiratory system. The problem is this- to make brownies, etc you need a more substantial amount of marijuana to get you high. The delivery system through the lungs is so much faster and more efficient than through the digestive tract. Like, .2 grams in a bong snap will do the job, but that amount in one brownie won't do shit.

Now, I don't mind eating mediocre weed, but I sure as fuck mind smoking it, so arguably I could make baked goods out of shitty weed. The problem is that in SLC we don't have shitty weed. I couldn't get anything but chronic if I wanted to unless I found a mexican hook over on the westside, which I wouldn't really know how to do; I just don't have those connections. And I'm not about to spend $240-$260 on an ounce of chronic just to make one batch of brownies that might get me really, really stoned ten times, as opposed to smoking that ounce which I could stretch into a month or so of bong snaps multiple times daily.

It's pointless to make brownies with anything less than good hash oil.

Sense
06-21-2008, 04:57 PM
that shit gives me headaches... and i threw up once cuz of it... it's like it made me sick.... never doing it again

ChumpDumper
06-21-2008, 05:09 PM
I went with co-workers to a local Hookah Bar off Babcock and Eckert.

I found it to be the biggest waste of $10.00.

What's with the sudden popularity?I don't know, that place gets pretty full from what I've seen driving by. Is it an eighteen and over place? Maybe its one of those places where kids can play grown up.

baseline bum
06-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Smoking hookah's awesome. My Turkish and Egyptian friends always had their own though, so never had to pay out the ass to smoke it at a bar.

1Parker1
06-21-2008, 08:28 PM
This changes my image of you.

:lol Why? Because I didn't like it or because I actually went to a Hookah Bar?

Trust me, I did not go voluntarily. It was Part 1 of a bachlorette party for a friend.

tlongII
06-21-2008, 10:03 PM
I went to a hookah bar in Cabo San Lucas once. There was a bunch of purses lined up on the bar. It was weird.

Leetonidas
06-21-2008, 11:45 PM
They suck ass, I never liked them. I've been to Galaxy's and Shisha's and I just don't see the allure. It was pretty fucking lame.

I'd rather smoke weed anyway.

Slydragon
06-22-2008, 01:12 AM
I have been to Shisha's, The first time was kinda cool the 2nd time was boring and after that when I was invited I would pass. Now my friend has his own hookah and we chill outside with some beers and music we pick.

iminlakerland
06-22-2008, 02:59 AM
Most hookah places have a relaxed athomosphere, one of my favorite spots in cali is up in smoke, the place airs out very well, you can pick a variety of flavors, plus the seats are so comfy, the music and just the atmosphere is awesome. Just dont make a habit of it, it is awful for your lungs.

Das Texan
06-22-2008, 03:08 AM
Smoking hookah's awesome. My Turkish and Egyptian friends always had their own though, so never had to pay out the ass to smoke it at a bar.

my lebanese friends gave me a hookah of my own to smoke....well sold but at cost...lol

and they hook me up with the hash all the time so i never have to go pay out the ass to buy it.

ShoogarBear
06-22-2008, 12:56 PM
:lol Why? Because I didn't like it or because I actually went to a Hookah Bar?

Because you didn't like it. I figured you for the get-drunk-and-belly-dance-on-the-table type. :p:

Trust me, I did not go voluntarily. It was Part 1 of a bachlorette party for a friend.

So who did the belly dancing?