PDA

View Full Version : Lab/Mix Found...

FearDaDuncaN_SA
06-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Okay, here is the situation. Just today, my husband was adopted by a black, lab/mix dog. Since he seems as if he's not a stray and just lost, we drove around the neighborhood trying to see if anyone put up flyers for a missing dog and no such luck. We think that it is less than a year old, it has a nice coat and he's good with our 6 year old son.
In any case, we would love to keep it, but we live in an apartment community. So, we called the SPCA and all other humane societies and THEY ARE ALL FULL. So, now we dont know what to do. All we know is this dog has adopted us and he won't go away. We played with him, gave him some attention, fed him and gave him water and so now he scratches at our door , barks and whines. Poor big baby. He wants someone to love him and it cant be us! We cant have pets. So, what can we do? No one will take him in and so now this adorable thing would just wander around aimlessly, trying to find a home for himself. (Unfortunately, we gave him false hope. We've tried ignoring him, but that doesnt work. He has adopted us whether we like it or not.)
Argh, what do we do? I feel so terrible for just showing him attention to begin with and so now I'm involved! I cant help it! He needs a home...So, I'll be posting a picture in a few minutes. If you are interested or may know of someone who may be, let me know because I cant think of anything else.

SpursFanFirst
06-21-2008, 08:47 PM
:( Good luck finding him a good home. I'm such a sucker for things like this, but I don't live in TX. I can't help you.
I hope someone can though.

FearDaDuncaN_SA
06-21-2008, 08:56 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/jeannett/114-1450_IMG.jpg

completely deck
06-21-2008, 08:57 PM
How old?

jman3000
06-21-2008, 08:59 PM
shit... those kind of dogs are awesome... is he overly hyper or just about right

baseline bum
06-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Wrong forum

jman3000
06-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Wrong forum

the dog appears to be silver and black :spin

FearDaDuncaN_SA
06-21-2008, 09:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/jeannett/114-1461_IMG.jpg

FearDaDuncaN_SA
06-21-2008, 09:11 PM
We dont know exactly how old he is. But, he has a lot of teeth. He wouldnt let us count them all. But, my husband thinks he's less than a year old.

FearDaDuncaN_SA
06-21-2008, 09:13 PM
shit... those kind of dogs are awesome... is he overly hyper or just about right

He's in between when he's inside the house. But, for the most part, he's really calm. However, when he's outdoors, he runs and plays and just cuts loose. Very playful...

jack sommerset
06-21-2008, 09:19 PM
I am training my Pit Bull. Put some duct tape around his mouth and start smacking him. Let me know how he reacts. If the apartment community has a work out room there bring the dog to the treadmill. I need to know how focus he is. See if the dog will stay on the treadmill. Good bait dogs stay focus and that is a great test.

FearDaDuncaN_SA
06-21-2008, 09:47 PM
I am training my Pit Bull. Put some duct tape around his mouth and start smacking him. Let me know how he reacts. If the apartment community has a work out room there bring the dog to the treadmill. I need to know how focus he is. See if the dog will stay on the treadmill. Good bait dogs stay focus and that is a great test.

:(

See...this is what people get for caring.

FearDaDuncaN_SA
06-21-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm going to try and find this dog a good home that he deserves. Number One: He's better than a bait dog! Two: Thanks, you did me a favor .J.S. I guess I will have to start with people that I know. And third, I'm glad he adopted us afterall. I'm going to find him a good home. He's so loveable and I cant help it! If only I had a house, he'd be in my backyard right now and off to the vet, straight thing in the morning.

tlongII
06-21-2008, 10:31 PM
LuvBones will take the dog. I'm sure of it. PM her.

polandprzem
06-21-2008, 10:37 PM
How old?

A common question about spurs new additions to the squad

exstatic
06-21-2008, 10:40 PM
:(

See...this is what people get for caring.

Ignore the trolls.

deadratsam
06-22-2008, 12:10 AM
It might take a few days to appear in the classifieds, but you should start checking to see if someone put a lost ad in the paper. "Found" ads are free I think, but someone might just take that as an ad for a free dog.

pawe
06-22-2008, 12:36 AM

There always has to be an asshole to ruin the thread.
Thanks for being the first one. :toast

LakerHater
06-22-2008, 01:15 AM
Wrong forum
http://db.funformobile.com/images/smiles/oops.gif (javascript:emoticon('form_text',':-#')), http://db.funformobile.com/images/smiles/no.gif (javascript:emoticon('form_text',':no:'))

Newton
06-22-2008, 01:47 AM
Have you had him scanned for a microchip? Might be a bit of a long shot, but they have become increasingly common.

Any vet clinic would do it for you, and it might just pay off.

Kori Ellis
06-22-2008, 03:18 AM
Call Fredricksburg Animal Hospital at 210-732-1981. They will probably take him there as a stray, or at the very least you can pay them $12 a night to board him there until you find an open spot at the shelter. Don't just leave him to run on the streets.

Joe Schmoogins
06-22-2008, 04:37 PM
I'd take him if you could ship him to cali!

Chief
06-22-2008, 05:09 PM

Michael Vick Is That you ?

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-23-2008, 10:04 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/jeannett/114-1450_IMG.jpg

He looks like he's part dane. I'd say he's 6 mos old...tops

If I was in Texas I'd take him in a second.

FearDaDuncaN_SA
06-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Well, no such luck folks. I know that several of you have sent me private messages and what not. So, I'll just respond here in hopes that you all would read this.
But, he's doing good. He's still running around here and the kids around here love him. He has several names now. I've heard kids call him Max, Buddy, Jake and Blackie. I suppose some other adults have taken a liking to him as well because I've seen some water bowls and dog food left out. (I have never seen that before because this is our first stray dog and now our apartment community seems to have one stray dog and one stray cat.)
With that said, with gas prices so high and other bills etc., I cant afford to board him at a vet clinic until a spot opens up. But, that was a great idea and I appreciate it.
He also has no microchip and I have not seen any lost ads on him. So, there is no telling where he came from. He came out of nowhere, that's all I know.
So, I guess time will only tell what happens to him.
Till than, I'll be calling places on my list. I mean, something has to come up sooner or later, right?

Thanks everyone.

I hope this dog, with so many names, finds a home soon. Haha, he's so cute. We play with him for awhile and when we go inside, he barks and barks for a bit and than he goes on his merry little way....poor thing. He needs a home and I feel bad because I cant give him what he deserves. (I'm trying though)

Oh, Gee!!
06-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Just today, my husband was adopted by a black, lab/mix dog.

your husband was adopted by a dog? wtf?

FearDaDuncaN_SA
06-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Hahaha...Yea, the dog adopted him. LOL