PDA

View Full Version : Barbosa for Webster and the 13th pick?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Suns In Talks With Portland On Barbosa Deal
Jun 22, 2008 10:05 AM EST

The Suns are considering a trade with the Blazers that would send Leandro Barbosa to Portland for Martell Webster and the 13th pick, according to a report by Chris Broussard on ESPN.com.

GM Steve Kerr is also considering a deal with the Raptors that would ship Boris Diaw to Toronto for T.J. Ford and the 17th pick.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53124/20080622/suns_in_talks_with_portland_on_barbosa_deal/

xtremesteven33
06-22-2008, 10:49 AM
TJ Ford as a backup PG for the suns would be a great move.

but losing Diaw would also be a big loss. he was an all around good solid backup.

T Park
06-22-2008, 12:46 PM
The Suns are actually making some good moves.

Damnt. :pctoss

MaNu4Tres
06-22-2008, 12:49 PM
I really like Webster. Getting rid of Barbosa for Webster and the 13th pick would be a nice move. I wish we had that kind of flexibility.

Biggems
06-22-2008, 02:40 PM
so they would get Webster, Ford, and have the 13, 15, and 17?

That would completely suck....

Can you say Brandon Rush, Donte Greene, and one of the top Bigs.....man they will definitely have improved the depth of that roster in the offseason if they are able to follow through with these maneuvers

I definitely would not feel comfortable going up against them in a few years.

pauls931
06-22-2008, 07:25 PM
TJ Ford as a backup PG for the suns would be a great move.

but losing Diaw would also be a big loss. he was an all around good solid backup.

I'll miss Diaw if he goes. He's a smart player, but just doesn't thrive at all when Stoudamire is present.

jack sommerset
06-22-2008, 08:35 PM
The Shaq trade sure has f things up for the Suns. Trading Diaw and Barbosa for picks.....Kerr might not be around long. Coach is gone,Champioships hopes r gone, Marion is gone and now this. When they fall they fall hard.

Tully365
06-22-2008, 08:43 PM
That would be a great move for the Suns. They'd get a young SF to spell Hill (or vice-versa?) and then get a young PG in the draft.
This is a good example of why I think the Spurs need to use both their MLE and LLE to sign guys this off season: they simply do not have anything to trade with. Their trading chips right now are Oberto, Barry, and Udoka. Maybe the improvement of the Spurs' roster needs to be a 2 step process that includes first adding youth in the draft and free agent market and then making a trade or two mid season.

ducks
06-22-2008, 10:57 PM
I'll miss Diaw if he goes. He's a smart player, but just doesn't thrive at all when Stoudamire is present.

try the stupid x coach

pawe
06-23-2008, 12:03 AM
what they really needed last year was a back up pg for Nash instead of a fat lazy pig in Shaq. They're gonna be much more potent if the Ford deal goes thru..the risk of Ford being a glassman because of injuries is a major risk though.