PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, in their prime.....MJ or Kobe?

lebomb
06-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Who would you want on your team.....who do you think would bring your team the title?

Well I might as well tell you my pick MJ no question. I just think he is a better overall player and leader than Kobe. I also think he has a better basketball IQ. Try and tell this to an average Lakerfan. :rolleyes

tlongII
06-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Duh! Forum

lebomb
06-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Duh! Forum

Hit Lakersground.net and you may be surprised with their answer. Well, maybe not. :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

xtremesteven33
06-23-2008, 12:25 PM
this is not even a contest.

stretch
06-23-2008, 12:28 PM
people often say "kobe has more skills than jordan"

what skills is he so superior at? so he has a little more range on his 3pt shot, but Jordan wasn't exactly a shitty 3pt shooter. when he needed to hit them, he always would, and he fixed his range quite a bit over the years. Jordan i think is a better finisher and driver as well. Jordan also had a better midrange jumper. i really would like people to tell me in what areas Kobe is more skilled than Jordan at, other than having more 3pt range, which obviously didnt matter because of how Jordan pretty much has dwarfed most all of Kobes stats.

E20
06-23-2008, 12:29 PM
I voted for Kobe. Felt bad for him.

xtremesteven33
06-23-2008, 12:31 PM
i feel sorry for colorado

stretch
06-23-2008, 12:38 PM
I voted for Kobe. Felt bad for him.

die.

m33p0
06-23-2008, 12:49 PM
there's one thing kobe is better than mj in... quitting.

monosylab1k
06-23-2008, 12:54 PM
there's one thing kobe is better than mj in... quitting.

:lol

he's also better at throwing teammates under the bus. I mean, MJ was an all-time great at doing that, but nothing MJ ever said or did comes remotely close to "I should have done what Shaq does. Shaq gives them money or buys them cars, he has already spent one million dollars"

Don Quixote
06-23-2008, 01:05 PM
I can't believe we need a poll for this one.

Hows this for a poll -- which is better, (a) winning, or (b) losing? That one should be about as one-sided as this one.

TheNextGen
06-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Who would you want on your team.....who do you think would bring your team the title?

Well I might as well tell you my pick MJ no question. I just think he is a better overall player and leader than Kobe. I also think he has a better basketball IQ. Try and tell this to an average Lakerfan. :rolleyes

You wern't satisfied by the MJ love in your other "MJ > Kobe" thread so you decided to make a new one? Cant wait for next week's "Kobe / MJ" thread. :rolleyes

Tippecanoe
06-23-2008, 02:56 PM
i'll take the gambler over the rapist

Extra Stout
06-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Which is better... prime rib or Taco Bell?

Extra Stout
06-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Who makes a better car: BMW or Dodge?

Extra Stout
06-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Who is better looking: Adriana Lima or Sandra Bernhardt?

baseline bum
06-23-2008, 03:31 PM
That's like asking Morton's or Outback.

jack sommerset
06-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Who makes you laugh more. Carrot Top or George Carlin.

PacerFan
06-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Eva Longoria or Rosie O'Donnell?

Medvedenko
06-23-2008, 03:47 PM
How about stop with these senseless comparisons.

stretch
06-23-2008, 03:49 PM
How about stop with these senseless comparisons.

for once im actually with you

jack sommerset
06-23-2008, 03:53 PM
What does Shaq's ass taste like? Shit or strawberries.

TheMACHINE
06-23-2008, 03:55 PM
You wern't satisfied by the MJ love in your other "MJ > Kobe" thread so you decided to make a new one? Cant wait for next week's "Kobe / MJ" thread. :rolleyes

I cant figure out if Lebomb is more obsessed with Kobe or MJ.

DazedAndConfused
06-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Spur fan has a seriously bizarre fascination with Kobe. If he is that bad of a player why do you fixate so much attention onto him? If MJ is clearly the superior player why create these threads? Just curious.

stretch
06-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Spur fan has a seriously bizarre fascination with Kobe. If he is that bad of a player why do you fixate so much attention onto him? If MJ is clearly the superior player why create these threads? Just curious.

True MJ fans dont really even bother comparing the two.

This is a Spurs fan on the other hand, and getting beat by Kobe in the playoffs obviously fueled some of this hate, much like Dirk beating them did for a while as well (and this is not a shot at spurs fans, as fans of all teams do this, kinda like Mavs fans and Chris Paul, or Mavs fans and Baron Davis, Suns fans and whomever beats them on a yearly basis, etc...)

I think the bigger question is why are Kobe fans so insecure about the Kobe/Lebron comparisons. That is a much bigger issue. MJ fans just tell Kobe fans to fuck off, and that there is no comparison (and between what had happened in the 03-04 finals, and now, there absolutely is NONE whatsoever no matter how you try to spin it). But Kobe fans are simply obsessed with comparing Lebron and Kobe. I don't think there is a more insecure fanbase in the NBA than the Kobe fanbase.

stretch
06-23-2008, 04:32 PM
the only more insecure fanbases than the Kobe fanbases in sports history are the people who defend old school basketball/football competiton (like the people that never shut the fuck up about how great 80s basketball was, Wilt Chaimberlain, how tough football players were in the 60s and 70s, and Jim Brown), and the 72 Dolphins (mainly Mercury Morris).

god almighty i cant stand any of those kinds of people.

DazedAndConfused
06-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Laker fans don't give a shit that MJ > Kobe. There is a difference between Kobe 1st and Lakers 1st fans. Don't lump us into the same category.

To me, all that matters is rings.

stretch
06-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Laker fans don't give a shit that MJ > Kobe. There is a difference between Kobe 1st and Lakers 1st fans. Don't lump us into the same category.

Where did I lump Laker fans and Kobe fans together? The only fans I talked about was KOBE fans. The only fans I named was KOBE fans. No where in my posts did I mention Laker fans. Not once.

mavs>spurs2
06-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Everyone who voted Kobe should commit suicide.

Avitus1
06-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Thats like asking "What would you rather have a hot dog or steak?"

bostonguy
06-23-2008, 11:29 PM
Paul Pierce>Kobe Bryant.

The world saw just how dominant and great this son of a bitch is when he has help (Antoine Walker doesnt count). No point in even making this thread when #24 isnt even better than #34.

:p:

magic.
06-24-2008, 05:35 AM
Magic>Eva>MJ>Kobe

timvp
06-24-2008, 07:02 AM
I think it's safe to say MJ doesn't know what Shaq's azz tastes like.

polandprzem
06-24-2008, 07:17 AM
I think it's safe to say MJ doesn't know what Shaq's azz tastes like.

I don't know either

Ghazi
06-24-2008, 07:29 AM
One is the best player ever, one is the second best shooting guard ever.

ElNono
06-24-2008, 07:48 AM

This from the guy that wrote:

To be the best you have to learn from the best. No doubt Kobe absorbed as much as he could from Mike's game, but he has been able to expand upon that and diversify his offensive skills in a way that Jordan never did.

LINK (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2569244&postcount=7)

Extra Stout
06-24-2008, 07:54 AM
Which is better, consensual sex or rape?

stretch
06-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Paul Pierce>Kobe Bryant.

The world saw just how dominant and great this son of a bitch is when he has help (Antoine Walker doesnt count). No point in even making this thread when #24 isnt even better than #34.

:p:

Pierce is a great player, but he is not better than Kobe Bryant. We all saw what Kobe was able to accomplish when he had a reliable team around him... a 3-peat. Let's wait until he gets another ring or two before saying he is better than Kobe.

DazedAndConfused
06-24-2008, 08:14 AM
This from the guy that wrote:

To be the best you have to learn from the best. No doubt Kobe absorbed as much as he could from Mike's game, but he has been able to expand upon that and diversify his offensive skills in a way that Jordan never did.

LINK (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2569244&postcount=7)

It's true, Kobe's offensive game is more diverse than Jordan's was. This has been confirmed by Phil Jackson and many others who are a bit more knowledgeable than any of us are on the subject. His range is also deeper than MJ's was. This doesn't mean he is a better player. Idiot.

stretch
06-24-2008, 08:23 AM
It's true, Kobe's offensive game is more diverse than Jordan's was. This has been confirmed by Phil Jackson and many others who are a bit more knowledgeable than any of us are on the subject. His range is also deeper than MJ's was. This doesn't mean he is a better player. Idiot.

I would like some examples of how his game is so much more diverse than Jordan's, other than the range factor, which I agree with, although Jordan's range was fine enough, as he was able to hit the open 3s just fine.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-24-2008, 08:36 AM
I would like some examples of how his game is so much more diverse than Jordan's, other than the range factor, which I agree with, although Jordan's range was fine enough, as he was able to hit the open 3s just fine.

Yeah, I can't really think of any areas, it's just a bunch of short term memory B.S.

Kobe still dreams of having Jordan's offensive-game in the post. Kobe still has a lot of work if he wants to be more offensively diverse than Jordan. In the end Kobe will never catch Jordan because of his tiny hands! Lebron has a higher ceiling to match Jordan's diversity with his height and physique.

The only thing Kobe's perfected is his long range fadeaway jumper. That's probably the only place where he has a narrow edge over Jordan but that's only in unimportant games. He misses more when it really matters (see Boston series) :lmao

manufor3
08-13-2008, 09:05 PM

:toast

angelbelow
08-14-2008, 12:22 AM
why is the poll closed? anyway mj all the way.

peskypesky
08-14-2008, 12:46 AM
MJ. Not. Even. Close.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-14-2008, 01:37 AM
No question, MJ every time.

Kobe is a great player, but he is no MJ, and people should be ashamed of even making the comparison.

dirk4mvp
08-14-2008, 01:41 AM
hi

is this the first thread we've had like this?

endrity
08-14-2008, 04:43 AM
Yeah, I can't really think of any areas, it's just a bunch of short term memory B.S.

Kobe still dreams of having Jordan's offensive-game in the post. Kobe still has a lot of work if he wants to be more offensively diverse than Jordan. In the end Kobe will never catch Jordan because of his tiny hands! Lebron has a higher ceiling to match Jordan's diversity with his height and physique.

The only thing Kobe's perfected is his long range fadeaway jumper. That's probably the only place where he has a narrow edge over Jordan but that's only in unimportant games. He misses more when it really matters (see Boston series) :lmao

That right there, is the the biggest thing that separetes them in regards to their game. With his humongous hands Jordan could attack the basket much better. This is reflected in the many seasons Jordan shot over 50%, whereas Kobe has yet to do so a single time.