PDA

View Full Version : anybody run music production software on their pc/mac?

Viva Las Espuelas
06-23-2008, 04:23 PM
....and i'm not talking about Garage Band or Audition. I'm talking ProTools. Ableton Live 7. Reason. all of that. I just wanna see if I can get some insight or whatever.

Hustle & Flow
06-23-2008, 05:34 PM
I am downloading it now I will let you know.

http://btjunkie.org/search?q=Ableton+Live+7

Borosai
06-23-2008, 05:35 PM
I use Nuendo. Well, by "use" I mean mess around with. I understand where everything is and how to get things done, but it's not a simple program so it will take time to learn it well.

E20
06-23-2008, 05:38 PM
You can get a fully working FL Studio 7.0 off of torrents I'm pretty sure. I've seen people re-create OST's of video games/movies and other soundtracks with complex beats and structures almost perfectly.

balli
06-23-2008, 06:24 PM
One of my good, good friends has a full on recording studio in his house and has a copy of Pro Tools. Honestly though, being that we're just a couple of white kids from Salt Lake City, we just fuck around using Sony Acid (which is actually a decent program for doing basic kind of stuff).

I've taken a look at Pro Tools and I run CAD shit for living so my intuition with programs is pretty good, but besides the seat of my pants instincts, I wouldn't have the first clue how to use it in any masterful kind of way. Contrary to what you'll read in the 'when will hip hop die' thread, it does take a lot of work to learn how to push buttons.

I do know that the PT my buddy has is a downloaded and cracked copy that normally retails for A LOT of money. So if by chance that's what you're wondering, it is out there.

Heath Ledger
06-23-2008, 08:44 PM
hey now dont be dissing Garage Band, plenty of artists use it to make or partially make their tracks, its pretty robust has most of the features of Logic as they are created by the same people.

I like Mixcraft Studio myself.

mouse
06-23-2008, 11:03 PM
I downloaded the software also is anyone going to show me how to use it?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/abel.jpg

mouse
06-23-2008, 11:05 PM
You can get a fully working FL Studio 7.0 off of torrents

That shit is the bomb. I downloaded it about a year 1/2 ago it has so many options you have to be stoned to understand it.

xrayzebra
06-24-2008, 09:47 AM
I have a question. I have a DVD of my Granddaughter in a little theater production. She sings in this play and we bought this DVD but the audience noise is so loud it almost drowns her out. Does anyone know of any software that can filter the noise to a tolerable level?

Viva Las Espuelas
06-24-2008, 10:38 AM
well. i actually have legal copies of pro tools 7.4, ableton live 7, reason 4, BFD 2, and other programs. i just wanted to see if people were running these and exchange some tips and tricks. i'm kinda new to whole studio thing, at least on the other side of board, but i'm not totally clueless on how to run a board.

D Jay
06-24-2008, 11:21 AM
well. i actually have legal copies of pro tools 7.4, ableton live 7, reason 4, BFD 2, and other programs. i just wanted to see if people were running these and exchange some tips and tricks. i'm kinda new to whole studio thing, at least on the other side of board, but i'm not totally clueless on how to run a board.

just let me know where your studio is so I can stop by and lay something down maaain

dimsah
06-26-2008, 05:43 AM
I run cakewalk Sonar 6 for multi-tracking and use a lot of guitar modeling software for direct recording.
Since I don't have the means to mic my acoustic drums I just use the "Drumkit from Hell" plugin for Sonar(It's got some really good samples).

I actually haven't touched any of it in about 5 months.