PDA

View Full Version : Duncan vs. Bowen for DPoY

Duncanoypi
02-01-2005, 01:15 AM
Tim Duncan will be Bruce Bowens #1 enemy in winning this years Defensive Player of the Year.With Artest out, AK47's absence for a lot of games...it will be a battle for the two Spurs!...

Anyway, anyone of them deserve this title!...

TDrules01
02-01-2005, 03:15 AM
I would give to duncan just so that he can add it to his already impressive list of achivements.

mvp, finals mvp, 2 tittles, all star mvp, rookie of the yr, first team, DPoY would be the icying on the cake.

san antonio spurs
02-01-2005, 03:18 AM
how about givin' it to bowen, for his first award,what ya think huh??
replacing the one he got stolen last year
________
Paxil lawsuits (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

BronxCowboy
02-01-2005, 10:05 AM
I would give it to Bowen, but then again, I would have given to him last year, to. Honestly, I don't think he's been quite as good defensively this year as last, so I doubt he'll get it unless he tightens down a little. Sadly, I think a lot of non-spurs fans would like to see Kirilenko get it anyway. I'm afraid the title of DPOY will be stolen again.

genghisrex
02-01-2005, 10:11 AM
I'll be happy if either of them get recognized. I just hope that Tim and Bruce don't steal votes from each other and clear the way for someone else to snag the award.

Spurminator
02-01-2005, 10:19 AM
I would give it to Bowen for the simple reason that he is expected to guard the other team's best perimeter player every game. It's his job. Duncan might be able to guard the Shaqs of the league for 4 quarters, but he usually doesn't in order to keep him out of foul trouble.

Nikos
02-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Duncan to me is the anchor of the teams defense. He just affects an entire opposing team with his shot blocking ability, and also his propensity to stay at home to players shots underneath. He simply influences more shots than Bowen does.

Bowen is obviously an excellent man defender, but Duncan alone makes a team an above average defense (even with 4 mediocre defenders). This group is able to outdo the old Spurs team in defense because it is very balanced 1-5. Parker has been solid, Manu is an excellent disruptive team defender with good man to man skills, Bowen is an elite man to man defender, Rasho is a very good shot blocker, and so is Duncan.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 02:24 PM
Well it sounds like Sparky thinks Rose should be up for this award. :lmao

Jimcs50
02-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Bruce is a shoe in.

Wallace might get it, but with Detroit's struggles, he might be hurt by their poorer record than SA's.

exstatic
02-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Honestly, I don't think he's been quite as good defensively this year as last, so I doubt he'll get it unless he tightens down a little.
All perimeter defenders have been affected by new rules on hand checking this year. Bruce has adapted as well as anyone.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Unfortunately I think AK47 will win it.

SlovenianGuy
02-01-2005, 02:44 PM
It's obvious, Rasho will win it.

Pop: "Rasho is our best team defender."

:elephant

Spurminator
02-01-2005, 03:23 PM
I think AK was out too long.

Jdspur20
02-01-2005, 03:37 PM
either way, it would be sweet

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-01-2005, 06:52 PM
I'd probably lean towards Bruce myself.

Heck, what's wrong with Co-DPOY awards?!!

Duncanoypi
02-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Co-DPoY is cool...do you guys remember the last time teammates share this award?

ShoogarBear
02-01-2005, 07:03 PM
I think Tim's defense has always been good but overrated, and if anything seems to have taken a step back this year (virus, hip, or whatever).

People say that Bruce hasn't been as good on D this year, but I think that's more to the overall offensive surge in the league than to regression on his part.

T Park
02-01-2005, 08:03 PM
I think Tim's defense has always been good but overrated, and if anything seems to have taken a step back this year

With Rasho back, Tim's defense will improve again, last night though was the best defensively and most active defensively Ive ever seen the Spurs.