PDA

View Full Version : I'll Say It: Marks Played Well against Radmanovic

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 01:39 AM
Maybe Pop has found Seattle kryptonite...

Radmanovic had given us problems, Marks shut him down. Say hello to the injured list Malik.

usckk
02-01-2005, 01:53 AM
Well, we will find out thursday when Rasho is activated.

nzkickass
02-01-2005, 03:14 AM
Give Rose a turn on the IR. Give Marks a good proper chance to show what he's got, give him time.

SLOVENIAN 8
02-01-2005, 03:38 AM
In 3 minutes?? :lol

Jimcs50
02-01-2005, 10:03 AM
Rose>>>>>>>>Marks

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Maybe Pop has found Seattle kryptonite...

Radmanovic had given us problems, Marks shut him down. Say hello to the injured list Malik.

This is a joke, right?

team-work
02-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Has Pop held any talk with Malik? The "mental error" during the game vs the Kings apparently has irritated Pop so much that Malik got 2 DNP-CD since then. The playing time Sean Marks received probably was too little to say whether he is useful. If he is, Pop will not hesitate to put him back to the IL.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 11:48 AM
It never fails, in the middle of a season Lik makes one mistake, something supposedly so horrible that Pop takes him out of the rotation for it and lo and behold if there aren't some trade rumors involving Lik which magically appear.

Other Spurs have made some fairly poor decisions this season and Pop hasn't dropped the DNP-CD's on them.

Business as usual for the Spurs and Lik.

Spurminator
02-01-2005, 11:51 AM
I think there is a misconception that Malik's mental gaff is the direct cause of his current stint in the doghouse. It's not. He's been playing like ass all around. That was just the most glaring example.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 11:54 AM
I'd say it would be pretty damn hard to concentrate when you've been on the trading block for about two years running now.

Out of all of the reserve big men Lik is still the best fit for the Spurs and their style of play. Horry is too light in the post, Mass is too slow, and Marks is crap. Ugh. Penny pinching owners suck.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Yeah mark only played a couple of minutes, but he had the length to bother Vladimir's shot, and the quickness to stay in front of him.

Most long threes just shoot over Malik.

DOn't shoot me because he's playing like shit and there's someone else that is looking better in the PT they're getting.

Useruser666
02-01-2005, 02:05 PM
I think I could play 3 minutes in the NBA! :spin

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Other Spurs have made some fairly poor decisions this season and Pop hasn't dropped the DNP-CD's on them.

That's because they're not doing it on a consistent basis, night after night.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Yeah mark only played a couple of minutes, but he had the length to bother Vladimir's shot, and the quickness to stay in front of him.

Most long threes just shoot over Malik.

And oddly enough anyone else. Guys shoot over Duncan and Bowen all the time I guess their D sucks too.

DOn't shoot me because he's playing like shit and there's someone else that is looking better in the PT they're getting.

Nah, I'm just gonna shoot you because you are a worthless poster.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Guys shoot over Duncan and Bowen all the time I guess their D sucks too.

:lol That's some great rationale there.

Which one of these does not fit in mention about DPOY
Duncan
Bowen
Rose

Nah, I'm just gonna shoot you because you are a worthless poster.

Wow, that sure proves Rose > Marshall.

Look, I'm sure that autograph he give you in '02 means a lot to you, but get over it.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 02:43 PM
:lol That's some great rationale there.

Which one of these does not fit in mention about DPOY
Duncan
Bowen
Rose

Defense is about more than just stopping a player from shooting over the top of them.

Wow, that sure proves Rose > Marshall.

Look, I'm sure that autograph he give you in '02 means a lot to you, but get over it.

No, I've already given the reasons why keeping Rose is desirable. You've not responded to those points, but have instead proceeded to give the fairly predictable reasons that a pedestrian fan would give for why a player should be moved.

PM5K
02-01-2005, 02:44 PM
In 3 minutes?? :lol

You 0wned his silly ass SLOVENIAN......

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 03:05 PM
What reasons? I've asked you four times now for some fucking reasons, and all I get is the same tired weak attempt at smack talk back.

About the only argument you've even pathetically made is that Rose is on the same level as Tim and Bowen on defense, which might be the funniest thing I've ever heard.

And I'm not a pedestrian fan, and the reasons are predictable because they're obvious to anyone who knows jack shit about basketball.

About all Malik has going for him is his good heart and nice smile, neither of which help us in the quest for a ring.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 03:12 PM
What reasons? I've asked you four times now for some fucking reasons, and all I get is the same tired weak attempt at smack talk back.

Bitch I've given them and I'm not going to repeat them for your slow ass.

About the only argument you've even pathetically made is that Rose is on the same level as Tim and Bowen on defense, which might be the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Actually, I didn't make that argument, but you assumed I did. Typical.

And I'm not a pedestrian fan, and the reasons are predictable because they're obvious to anyone who knows jack shit about basketball.

You don't jack shit about basketball. You don't know jack shit about politics. You don't know jack shit about anything except as to how to make a fool of yourself consistently.

There are plenty of tall jumpshooters in the game who play 20 feet from the rim. Not exactly what you want in bigman if you want to win inside, but then again you think that open looks come from good shooters, not from attacking the rim inside and drawing the D in. Pretty basic shit.

About all Malik has going for him is his good heart and nice smile, neither of which help us in the quest for a ring.

See, this is the problem. You don't understand what Rose brought to this team to begin with on the court. You can't because you have to go by height and jumpshots. Pedestrian fan in a nutshell.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Okay, you got me NBAdan. I don't know anything about hoops. Nothing about politics either.

but then again you think that open looks come from good shooters, not from attacking the rim inside and drawing the D in. Pretty basic shit.

I think we already have the inside part taken care of. You might have heard of him, Tim Duncan. I hear he's pretty good (but about par with Rose on defense ;) ).

I understant what Rose brought to the court, I used to love the guy. He hustled, he got offense boards, garbage buckets.

Since he signed his contract and opened his restaurant, the games where's done what I just mentioned are a one in twenty games occurrance.

It's not about height and jumpshots, those merely compliment my argument.

You are the very definition of pedestrian fan, because you don't seen capable of seeing anything outside of Spurs 12th Man > anyone else in the league.

What are your points? That's all I'm asking for. I apologize if I can't find them buried somewhere in between the sheep fucker, fat fuck, and pedestrian fan "points."

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 03:27 PM
Okay, you got me NBAdan. I don't know anything about hoops. Nothing about politics either.

Actually you don't. Which is pretty sad for a history major at Texas A&M.

I think we already have the inside part taken care of. You might have heard of him, Tim Duncan. I hear he's pretty good (but about par with Rose on defense ;) ).

Yeah, that really helped last year. Too bad we swapped out David Robinson and Malik Rose for Rasho Nesterovic and Robert Horry. The Spurs got much lighter up front (while the Lakers got more physical) and paid the price.

I understant what Rose brought to the court, I used to love the guy. He hustled, he got offense boards, garbage buckets.

And then he called your mama a cow.

Since he signed his contract and opened his restaurant, the games where's done what I just mentioned are a one in twenty games occurrance.

Bullshit. His game hasn't changed. What has changed is every damn small town Spur fan bitching about his contract, as well as the fact that Manu and TP ended up costing a lot more than the Spurs originally anticipated.

It's not about height and jumpshots, those merely compliment my argument.

Those are the basis of your argument.

You are the very definition of pedestrian fan, because you don't seen capable of seeing anything outside of Spurs 12th Man > anyone else in the league.

You believe Marks beat out Rose fair and square.

What are your points? That's all I'm asking for. I apologize if I can't find them buried somewhere in between the sheep fucker, fat fuck, and pedestrian fan "points."

Motherfuck, I laid them out at the start.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 03:35 PM
I still haven't seen them. You think Malik's game hasn't changed, when everyone on this board, hell even Spursgal, has posted on this site that Malik's playing like crap and needs to get his game together if he wants any PT.

Spare me the rest, just personal attacks.

As for the political board, if you really think you have anything to say why hasn't your candy ass shown up on the politics board?

Just admit you're NBadan and get it over with. Fucking coward.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 03:39 PM
I still haven't seen them. You think Malik's game hasn't changed, when everyone on this board, hell even Spursgal, has posted on this site that Malik's playing like crap and needs to get his game together if he wants any PT.

Malik gets irregular minutes and you have admitted your own damn self that you are holding him to a standard of "no mistakes". Fuck that. Let's have players who will play hard and physical, not little pussy bitches who are technically sound yet have to be taught to dunk the damn basketball when they are in the paint.

Spare me the rest, just personal attacks.

You've earned them poor boy.

As for the political board, if you really think you have anything to say why hasn't your candy ass shown up on the politics board?

Because I have this thing called "life".

Just admit you're NBadan and get it over with. Fucking coward.

But since I'm not, I'll just laugh at your paranoia.

BigVee
02-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Sparky,
It isn't just one thing in the middle of the season. It is a pattern of overall play that is not getting the job done. I admire the hustle, heart and so on. But for some reason his game is lost. Where he used to come in and bang the offensive glass, get putbacks and do the dirty work, now he tries to put the ball on the floor, tries to pass into traffic and do things that are both uncharacteristic for him as well as things he does not have the skill level to accomplish. He does this game after game. What is a coach to do?

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Think about it. He's had that contract hanging over his head for some time now. He's been on the trade block for a solid couple of years now. His minutes over that time have been consistently irregular.

The worst thing is that I've yet to see anyone even try to argue that he won't show up in the postseason. That's because they can't. The problems with Rose begin and end with that contract. It's clear that has been the primary problem with Malik Rose since 2002. The same "mistakes" or whatever that he supposedly just started making he made back in the day. It's just that Spurs fans seem to need a whipping boy, and who better than a role player with a large contract.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 04:06 PM
The Spurs might as well move Rose because this soap opera is not going to end as long as the Spurs are trying to pare down payroll.

The Spurs shot themselves in the foot against LA in last year's playoffs thanks to this drama, and it's not going to end anytime soon. It's a shame that decisions are made not on what is best for the team on the court, but rather the bottomline. Sure, it's still a business, but let's not pretend that it's anything else.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Think about it. He's had that contract hanging over his head for some time now.

So what? Parker, Manu, Barry, among others, have been in the same situation.

How long should we give Rose to get over his new contract and play ball? 2009?

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Rose has had this shit hanging over him for years now. Those guys didn't. I'd say he's handled it well considering the bullshit the Spurs have been pulling on him to cover for their cheapness.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Well what about Barry? Earlier this season he was everyone's goat, even Pop's, and there rumors about him being traded too.

Malik's brought in on himself by trying to play above his game.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 04:33 PM
Well what about Barry? Earlier this season he was everyone's goat, even Pop's, and there rumors about him being traded too.

And he played like shit. Funny how once that died down and he was allowed to just play that there isn't a problem now.

Malik's brought in on himself by trying to play above his game.

Oh please. Malik has always played hard and made a few mistakes of commission. Always. Malik's the same as he was back in 1999 through 2003. I'll take a guy who plays hard and is trying to make things happen over pussys who are technically skilled yet are afraid to to anything in the paint.

ducks
02-01-2005, 05:01 PM
playing hard?

pulling a jersey over your head and not running back on d is being stupid and lazy

ducks
02-01-2005, 05:02 PM
tp seemed to play well when their was all that talk about kidd

why can not rose play like that?

T Park
02-01-2005, 07:29 PM
as long as the Spurs are trying to pare down payroll.

Yeah that payroll gets smaller and smaller everyday.

Just quit being a Spurs fan already your pathetic.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 07:32 PM
It's gotta come from some place genius.

Oh, so I'm "pathetic" because you cannot refute my points. I see how it works.

T Park
02-01-2005, 07:39 PM
No your pathetic because the arguement the team is trying to cut payroll is ridiculous.

Name some players the team have cut in the past couple years to "trim payroll"

you cant, because this team doesnt "Trim payroll."

This offseason they are gonna add even more, with raises to Parker Ginobili Duncan Nesterovic, Rose, and adding Scola, and maybe Devin Brown getting a raise.

So this BS "cutting payroll" doesnt float.

Rose hasn't played to his contract, simple as that, the jersey covering the head BS was the final straw for Pop.

But, think what you want X Files.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 08:00 PM
The Spurs have had a desire to move that contract irrespective of his play. In case you missed it even Johnny Ludden pointed that out last summer.

Lest we forget that the Spurs had Ginobili to re-sign last summer and Parker to extend.

Now, if Holt was worrying about the luxury tax, might that not lead to a desire to...*drumroll*...reduce payroll long term?

Look, you are a simpleton and someone that everyone laughs at, not with, here for good reason. You routinely display a bias against African-Americans which clearly belies an intolerant soul. Seek help.

T Park
02-01-2005, 08:05 PM
You routinely display a bias against African-Americans which clearly belies an intolerant soul

lol.

Classic, so Im a racist now??

Great stuff.....

Cant come back with better argument than "Well, Johnny Ludden said it"

They want to move his contract because hes is not PLAYING UP TO HIS CONTRACT!

Simple as that

call me a racist or whatever childish BS you want, him not playing up to his contractual standards is the reason, NOT because of how much he makes.

TDrules01
02-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Rose needs to slow down a bit, he makes careless mistakes because he is trying too hard. in addition, he shoots out his range, he needs to go into games with the mentality of rebounding and playing good defense, and just go with the flow on the offense of end. right now im hoping they TRADE him, i would like them to try to make a move for Kurt Thomas.
KT is a very efficient, smart vet who has horry/malone mentality. I think with TD by his side, KT will have that mid rage jumper that he loves to take. not only that i think he would give us a Double-Double every night.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Hey I'm not the only one who has noticed your racism.

Actually, Johnny Ludden is the Spurs beat writer and dare I say a better source about the Spurs than your Klan ass.

T Park
02-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Right.

I see.

So I guess rooting for black players, means nothing right.

If I was a racist, then why is one of my closest friends from high school hispanic?

Stop the Racist BS.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Ah yes...your hispanic friend. Oh so you root for black folks in sporting events.

Some root for horses.

Purify thyself.

T Park
02-01-2005, 08:16 PM
if i was a racist, i wouldnt have a hispanic friend nor would I root for a team with black players would I?

Of course Im sure youll come back with some witty, blather, but whatever.

I am NOT a racist.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Repent.

T Park
02-01-2005, 08:44 PM
ok MadefromDust.

NZHayden
02-01-2005, 09:01 PM
haha this has kinda gone off topic

SequSpur
02-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Sean Marks at a local gtg

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_home_video/willy_wonka_and_the_chocolate_factory/gene_wilder/wonka1-th.jpg

T Park
02-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Marks played decent defense, but once again, looked like totally lost on offense.

Totally inexcusable for someone thats been practicing with the team night in night out for almost 2 full years.

ducks
02-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Marks played decent defense, but once again, looked like totally lost on offense.

Totally inexcusable for someone thats been practicing with the team night in night out for almost 2 full years.

how many years has rose had?