PDA

View Full Version : If the Spurs draft Ajinca, Asik, Pekovic, Ibaka

50 cent
06-24-2008, 03:57 PM
or some other foreign big in the first round, I'm going to kill somebody.

It's time to American.

SequSpur
06-24-2008, 04:13 PM
:lmao

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Actually Ajinca wouldn't be such a bad pick. He's like an early season Mahinmi with a better jumpshot.
He's been skyrocketed up the mocks to as high as #13.

Bruno
06-24-2008, 04:18 PM
These Parker and Ginobili have been horrible...

v2freak
06-24-2008, 04:21 PM
2/too many ?s and underachievers = not a great percentage

Solid D
06-24-2008, 04:23 PM
I had heard that the Spurs wanted to get softer this year (i think jonathan chow is the one that texted me that insider info)

SequSpur
06-24-2008, 04:27 PM
These Parker and Ginobili have been horrible...

I hear ya.. but shit.. enough is enough.... It's time to retool a very good team with a few parts that can contribute...

Duncan, Manu and Parker carry this load of crap but when one of them is comprised, shit ain't happening..

How many teams would play bonner, vaughn or oberto significant minutes?

Shit, I doubt these stiffs would crack another roster.

Also, Horry and Bowen need to put on some suits and start coaching.. I am so tired of Bowen getting in the way of the opponent and shooting the easiest jumpshot in history and getting 4 mill for it... what a joke...

Finley? he needs to move on as well....

Mahinmini? whatever his name is... come on!! are you serious?

So it boils down to Duncan, Parker, Manu, Udoka, Barry and Thomas... the rest of this team is crap.

Add JR Smith, another veteran, 2 young ones and keep Bonner as a waterboy and it's on.

I'm sure 40 year old Bowen will be here, but hey, I can dream can't I?

JamStone
06-24-2008, 04:30 PM
It's time to American.

Was it that upsetting when the Spurs internationaled in the past?

They might European again but they did ok when they Europeaned in previous drafts.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-24-2008, 04:32 PM
Add JR Smith, another veteran, 2 young ones and keep Bonner as a waterboy and it's on.

I'm sure 40 year old Bowen will be here, but hey, I can dream can't I?

You actually made sense.

koopa
06-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Was it that upsetting when the Spurs internationaled in the past?

They might European again but they did ok when they Europeaned in previous drafts.

it's worked out once............ manu doesn't count since he was a late second round draft pick.......... other then parker, when has it worked???

Rescueone
06-24-2008, 05:38 PM
yes I'm tired of the Spurs getting PUNK'D by Euro's, it's time to move on from that experiment. Haven't they learned their lesson. The guy with the motorcycle accident, I forget his name, Scola, Splitter, etc, etc. With all the people that play ball in America, One can't tell me the Spurs can't find the 26th best player in America.

T Park
06-24-2008, 06:00 PM
it's worked out once............ manu doesn't count since he was a late second round draft pick.......... other then parker, when has it worked???

How come Manu doesn't count genius?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-24-2008, 06:11 PM

He was a major steal, but I don't think he counts since when he was drafted the Spurs FO never thought he was gonna be as good as he is today, much less even make the team. I would say it was, for lack of a better word, "luck".

T Park
06-24-2008, 06:13 PM
He was a major steal, but I don't think he counts since when he was drafted the Spurs FO never thought he was gonna be as good as he is today, much less even make the team.

?

So he doesn't count because they drafted the guy on the thought if he develops great, if he doesn't oh well?

?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-24-2008, 06:16 PM
?

So he doesn't count because they drafted the guy on the thought if he develops great, if he doesn't oh well?

?

What I'm saying is that even though Manu was a great steal, the Spurs scouting shouldn't actually be given credit because the Spurs scouting barely even knew the potential of the guy they drafted.

Brutalis
06-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Why was Manu so low on the scouts list back then?

koopa
06-24-2008, 06:25 PM

did you not read?? i said cause he was a late second round pick, if he didn't work out, no big deal......... which goes for all the other late second round draft picks, they don't work out, so what, that's why i don't care that scola didn't work out, sure it sucks he went to a rival, but it's not like we wasted a first rounder on him

wasting first round picks on foreigners haven't gone so good, only parker has turned out to be a good pick, and ian hasn't shown that he was worth a first round pick yet

i know americans ain't a sure bet, but at least they will play here for a little be and have a chance to show what they got, drafting this foreigners doesn't help shit cause they just stay in overseas and don't help

T Park
06-24-2008, 06:25 PM
What I'm saying is that even though Manu was a great steal, the Spurs scouting shouldn't actually be given credit because the Spurs scouting barely even knew the potential of the guy they drafted.

So you scout a guy, say hes got potential, and they don't get credit for it?

Not making sense 1 bit.

T Park
06-24-2008, 06:26 PM
did you not read?? i said cause he was a late second round pick, if he didn't work out, no big deal......... which goes for all the other late second round draft picks, they don't work out, so what, that's why i don't care that scola didn't work out, sure it sucks he went to a rival, but it's not like we wasted a first rounder on him

wasting first round picks on foreigners haven't gone so good, only parker has turned out to be a good pick, and ian hasn't shown that he was worth a first round pick yet

i know americans ain't a sure bet, but at least they will play here for a little be and have a chance to show what they got, drafting this foreigners doesn't help shit cause they just stay in overseas and don't help

So it doesn't count because second rounders are a toss up?

That only makes it more impressive....

Good god :bang

TheProfessor
06-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Ajinca has said he wants to come over next year. And Ibaka's open to it, depending on what his drafting team wants. All I care about is that whoever we draft in the first is with the team the following year.

koopa
06-24-2008, 06:31 PM
So it doesn't count because second rounders are a toss up?

LATE second rounders, it's more impressive if they took a chance on manu with the first round pick and he turned out the way he has cause they took a huge chance there, but since they took him with the second to last possible pick there was no reach or chance being taken, just a "fuck it, lets take him, not like it's costing us anything"

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-24-2008, 06:32 PM
So you scout a guy, say hes got potential.

They didn't know his potential.

T Park
06-24-2008, 06:32 PM
LATE second rounders, it's more impressive if they took a chance on manu with the first round pick and he turned out the way he has cause they took a huge chance there, but since they took him with the second to last possible pick there was no reach or chance being taken, just a "fuck it, lets take him, not like it's costing us anything"

Hmm, so you draft a guy from europe, no ones heard of that you scouted, taking a chance on him. The scouting department nor the FO should take credit for that.

Keep that failing argument up.

T Park
06-24-2008, 06:33 PM
They didn't know his potential.

BS.

Buford said he had alot of potential, he just sucked defensively.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-24-2008, 06:36 PM
BS.

Buford said he had alot of potential, he just sucked defensively.

"There wasn't anybody there where we were picking who was going to make our team, so we said, 'Let's just draft Manu Ginobili,' " Popovich says. "We had no clue that he would continue to develop and be what he is."

By "we", I'm pretty sure he's including RC's take.

koopa
06-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Hmm, so you draft a guy from europe, no ones heard of that you scouted, taking a chance on him. The scouting department nor the FO should take credit for that.

Keep that failing argument up.

there was no chance in taking him whether anyone heard of him or not, he was the second to last pick in the draft, i never said they shouldn't take credit for drafting him........... my argument is that saying we took risk on euros before has worked out, because it hasn't, only tony was has worked out, but beno was a failure, ian is on that course cause pop probably won't play him again, splitter is a waste so far........... so that is why manu shouldn't be taken into account when ppl say the spurs drafting euros has worked in the past, cause again, aside from tony it hasn't worked out

T Park
06-24-2008, 06:38 PM
By "we", I'm pretty sure he's including RC's take.

Your taking Pop for his word what they thought.

Hook, line, sinker.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Your taking Pop for his word what they thought.

Hook, line, sinker.

So then what did he mean by "we" then?

tav1
06-24-2008, 06:41 PM
The Spurs should draft a player or two that can be on the roster next year, but I could give a rip less whether he is an American or not. He just needs to be good at whatever it is that he does.

T Park
06-24-2008, 06:44 PM
So then what did he mean by "we" then?

:lol

the team.

but your taking his word that they "didn't expect what hes doing"

You don't know what they thought.

T Park
06-24-2008, 06:44 PM
The Spurs should draft a player or two that can be on the roster next year, but I could give a rip less whether he is an American or not. He just needs to be good at whatever it is that he does.

Thats how I feel.

I'd settle for just being on the roster next season :lol

My first preference though is CDR. Although he might go earlier and or the Spurs won't want him.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-24-2008, 06:45 PM
:lol

the team.

but your taking his word that they "didn't expect what hes doing"

You don't know what they thought.

So we're not supposed to take his word?
Gee, I didn't know that about Pop.

intlspurshk
06-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Ajinca and Ibaka are great picks for 1st round. SA should hold a party to celebrate if either one get drafted by SPURS.