PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Looking at DJ Augustin with the 6th Pick

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Knicks Are Looking At Augustin With 6th Pick
Jun 24, 2008 4:43 PM EST

The Knicks are reportedly seriously looking at D.J. Augustin as an option when they use the sixth pick in the 2008 NBA Draft on Thursday, according to The New York Daily News.

They need a point guard badly, and the other top prospects don't seem quite as realistic.

Derrick Rose and Jerryd Bayless will both likely be off the board, and Russell Westbrook isn't considered as ready as Augustin to come in and lead a franchise right away.

Some of Augustin's critics believe that going that high would be a reach, especially since his stock fell slightly after Rose and Memphis embarrassed Texas during the NCAA Tournament.

"That scared some people because you're looking at Augustin thinking, will this also happen on the next level?" said one Eastern Conference GM. "But he is the consummate point guard. He knows how to run a team, and he can come in and do it right away, no questions asked. He's crafty with the ball. He can get his shot. And he can shoot it."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53162/20080624/knicks_are_looking_at_augustin_with_6th_pick/

stretch
06-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Augustin is awesome.

JamStone
06-24-2008, 05:28 PM
A fantastic offensive point guard with limited athleticism who will struggle even more so defensively at the NBA level.

Perfect for a D'Antoni system.

IronMexican
06-24-2008, 05:55 PM
isn't he expected to be out of the lottery? i would think they want to trade down first.

xtremesteven33
06-24-2008, 05:58 PM
never seen him play but i would like to see the knicks do good.

i have respect for thier fans

TheProfessor
06-24-2008, 06:32 PM
All of Ford's info suggests Bayless is dropping as Westbrook rises, so he could be on the board for the Knicks.